Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 5

Magik, if the macros were bad , wouldn't they not work for me when I tested his sheet  and it logically follows that the same would be the case when the sheet was tested from another player. unless maybe he needs to update his java ?
Magik
Sheet Author
Magik said: Aborath said: i have a player who says none of the buttons on his sheet work , I have tested said buttons on the gm side , I even gave control to another player , the buttons worked fine there, is there a known or unknown bug that could be the problem ? The buttons on the macro quick bar may have been created from the sheet prior to the java worker implementation. Delete them (by dragging the right area near the button up) and recreate them from the sheet. Aborath said: Magik, if the macros were bad , wouldn't they not work for me when I tested his sheet  and it logically follows that the same would be the case when the sheet was tested from another player. unless maybe he needs to update his java ? Since the character sheet worked for you and another player, I made the leap that the player with the issue was actually using the quick bar and was reporting the error there. There were buttons on the character sheet that were removed proper to the java workers implementation and the quick bar buttons that the player has may be the problem. I've never heard of the character sheet buttons malfunctioning unless a player edited the macros themselves and introduced an error. Of course, I'm not a Roll20 professional; rather, I'm just offering up some hopefully helpful advice. I'm not sure if java could be the issue either. Some additional information from the player with the problem may be necessary. Are you using the buttons on the sheet directly? What happens when you use a button: nothing or is there an error? If there is an error, what is it? Can you provide a screenshot? Did you modify the macro? Does it do the same thing regardless of which internet browser you use? Magik
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Chrome is the best browser to use, and at different times in the past we've seen different behaviors between Mac and PC users as well. Send him the link to this thread and tell him to report his browser (and version), OS (and version), clearing the browser cache should not really be necessary but it can't hurt.
Magik
Sheet Author
Last night we had a gaming session. At one point, I had to remove buffs, but when I did, the numbers didn't change after the checkmarks were removed. They removed much more quickly than normal. Recalc button didn't help. I had to close down my browser and reconnect to get it to work properly. When I did reconnect, the buffs showed as enabled again (they were cleared before the browser refresh). I knew that I had to refresh my browser since I had experienced this before and delt with it in the game by adjusting stats to counteract the buffs, but the next day when I connected after a reboot of my laptop, I was able to clear up things as above. I'm not sure if this is a sheet, browser, Roll20, or java issue. Magik
I will have to wait until I talk to him, as far as I know he is using the skill dice buttons and the init button , I even had him try the same skill dice buttons on the npc area, I did give him a few macros that work for init and attacks , I will also have him send you a screen shot once If he is using chrome. and switching makes no difference , as it stands now I am waiting for a response from him as to the browser he is using.
this is a follow up so you know , I just got the response back , he wasn't using chrome , he tried chrome and they worked.
Darpeh said: Hey ladies and germs, me again. Any idea why critical confirm 3d dice are now always showing even when it isn't a crit and doesn't show in the roll template? I don't think it was doing this before, but even when I make a new repeating attack the fresh macro seems to do it as well. I suppose this is a quality of life thing but it really bothers me that on non crits half the 3d dice on my screen are meaningless. Looks like I may have got buried there. Does anyone have any ideas on this?
Magik
Sheet Author
Darpeh said: Darpeh said: Hey ladies and germs, me again. Any idea why critical confirm 3d dice are now always showing even when it isn't a crit and doesn't show in the roll template? I don't think it was doing this before, but even when I make a new repeating attack the fresh macro seems to do it as well. I suppose this is a quality of life thing but it really bothers me that on non crits half the 3d dice on my screen are meaningless. Looks like I may have got buried there. Does anyone have any ideas on this? It's possible that nobody has any idea. I certainly don't. :)  There may have been a change in the template that caused this or they just have no control over it if it was a Roll20-side change. You may want to post in another appropriate non-sheet forum to see if you get feedback there. Good luck! Magik

Edited 1453684240
Magik said: Darpeh said: Darpeh said: Hey ladies and germs, me again. Any idea why critical confirm 3d dice are now always showing even when it isn't a crit and doesn't show in the roll template? I don't think it was doing this before, but even when I make a new repeating attack the fresh macro seems to do it as well. I suppose this is a quality of life thing but it really bothers me that on non crits half the 3d dice on my screen are meaningless. Looks like I may have got buried there. Does anyone have any ideas on this? It's possible that nobody has any idea. I certainly don't. :)  There may have been a change in the template that caused this or they just have no control over it if it was a Roll20-side change. You may want to post in another appropriate non-sheet forum to see if you get feedback there. Good luck! Magik Well I appreciate the suggestion! I suppose I thought this was specific to the pathfinder sheet since it seems to be related to this macro code:  {{attack=[[ 1d20cs>[[ @{crit-target} ]] + [[ @{total-attack} ]] ]]}} {{damage=[[ @{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + [[ @{total-damage} ]] ]]}} {{crit_confirm=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{total-attack} ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage=[[ [[ (@{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]]d@{damage-die} + [[ (@{total-damage} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]] ]]}} My best guess is that the rolls are being done every time and only being shown in the roll template on a crit. Is there some way we could silence or suppress the crit rolls when not needed? In hindsight maybe this is a roll20 limitation.

Edited 1453684528
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The 3D dice showing all dice is a function of roll 20, it was happening before but I thought they fixed it. That one is for the bug forum since it's not specific to the Pathfinder sheet.

Edited 1453685819
chris b. said: The 3D dice showing all dice is a function of roll 20, it was happening before but I thought they fixed it. That one is for the bug forum since it's not specific to the Pathfinder sheet. See I thought it was fixed for a while but I wasn't sure if I had imagined that or not. Glad to know I'm not crazy. I'll make a post in the bug forum, thanks.
I seem to be having issues where attack rolls and damage rolls aren't outputting correctly - the sheets seem to ignore BAB and ability modifiers. I've noticed this also shows up in some other areas of the sheet, like with AC calculations. I try to force rechecks, or even completely reloading my browser, to no avail.
Magik
Sheet Author
Outrider said: I seem to be having issues where attack rolls and damage rolls aren't outputting correctly - the sheets seem to ignore BAB and ability modifiers. I've noticed this also shows up in some other areas of the sheet, like with AC calculations. I try to force rechecks, or even completely reloading my browser, to no avail. Can you give an example of "aren't outputting correctly"? It may be old news, but I still do it. When you create a new attack entry, you should go through every configurable value and change it to something that you don't want then change it back. When you are done, check the ATK and DMG fields to make sure that they show the expected value and everything should work right from there. If that wasn't it then you should check your Conditions (Core tab), Buffs (Core tab), Size (Details tab), Armor Penalties (Defenses tab), Armor and Shield (Defenses tab). All of these can have an affect on what you referred to. Magik
Magik said: Outrider said: I seem to be having issues where attack rolls and damage rolls aren't outputting correctly - the sheets seem to ignore BAB and ability modifiers. I've noticed this also shows up in some other areas of the sheet, like with AC calculations. I try to force rechecks, or even completely reloading my browser, to no avail. Can you give an example of "aren't outputting correctly"? It may be old news, but I still do it. When you create a new attack entry, you should go through every configurable value and change it to something that you don't want then change it back. When you are done, check the ATK and DMG fields to make sure that they show the expected value and everything should work right from there. If that wasn't it then you should check your Conditions (Core tab), Buffs (Core tab), Size (Details tab), Armor Penalties (Defenses tab), Armor and Shield (Defenses tab). All of these can have an affect on what you referred to. Magik I just came in here to post about that. I'm working on a new NPC on a new sheet and none of his attacks are getting any bonuses by default. I swear I tried this on Saturday with no luck, but tonight, changing the attack type to something different and then back to the value it was at seems to fix the problem. But it's not something that's fixed by putting numbers in all the places.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
OK .. I think when a new attack is added we'll have to make sure fields are set in the row
One of the little bugs I have been experiencing is that when a new attack is made I have to switch the attack to none or ranged and then back to melee in order for it to calculate properly. The same thing happens with damage, but proficiency is fine. Not sure if this has been reported or only my bad luck.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I changed the defaults from none thinking it would save a step... ;-(  With the Dec update, I believe default values in repeating sections are supposed to be set as soon as you enter a single value for the repeating row.  This may be a bug.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Joshua F. said: Julix, I just want to make sure I'm not missing something: any macro that spawns API buttons only works if the GM is a Pro level subscriber, correct?  I believe anyone can use/create API buttons. Only Pro level can call an API script though.
Vince said: I believe anyone can use/create API buttons. Only Pro level can call an API script though. I gave the API spellbook buttons a shot when I first saw it and it ended up wrecking the chat until I cleared the chat archive.  When I went to the chat log, all of that character's spells were called up instead of buttons, but the chat log was locked down & showed only black horizontal bars.   Since it's my private campaign where I test stuff I'm gonna run as a GM, I might give it another try with a different sheet later just to see if it glitches out again.  That's the result so far, though.  

Edited 1453740218
Courtney R. said: One of the little bugs I have been experiencing is that when a new attack is made I have to switch the attack to none or ranged and then back to melee in order for it to calculate properly. The same thing happens with damage, but proficiency is fine. Not sure if this has been reported or only my bad luck. I can confirm this is happening. Additionally, concentration checks do not roll correctly if dragged to the macro bar (caster level becomes 0). I ended up creating my own macro for this roll that references some commonly used DCs, but I thought it would be good to mention.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes i think we both thought changing it to melee would make it easier, but this had the side effect of not calculating the numbers. Before, it started as "none" and then when a user was forced to change it to melee or ranged or cmb then everything was recalculated.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Darpeh said: Courtney R. said: One of the little bugs I have been experiencing is that when a new attack is made I have to switch the attack to none or ranged and then back to melee in order for it to calculate properly. The same thing happens with damage, but proficiency is fine. Not sure if this has been reported or only my bad luck. I can confirm this is happening. Additionally, concentration checks do not roll correctly if dragged to the macro bar (caster level becomes 0). I ended up creating my own macro for this roll that references some commonly used DCs, but I thought it would be good to mention. Thanks Darpeh.  Is this on the v20 beta or v19 community sheet?

Edited 1453764357
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
chris b. said: Yes i think we both thought changing it to melee would make it easier, but this had the side effect of not calculating the numbers. Before, it started as "none" and then when a user was forced to change it to melee or ranged or cmb then everything was recalculated. Am I wrong in thinking that repeating attribute default values are supposed to be created when a row is created(upon entering a value for a single attribute). &nbsp;I thought this was a change included with the Dec update to repeating sections... &nbsp;Maybe this only applies to non-auto-calculated attributes. ;-( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2612115/dev-upda" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2612115/dev-upda</a>... Repeating sections now fully support default values (they will appear correctly when rendering the sheet, and you can reference them the same as any default value in rolls, macros, etc.) I'll try and isolate if this is just a selector quirk or something else...
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Joshua F. said: Vince said: I believe anyone can use/create API buttons. Only Pro level can call an API script though. I gave the API spellbook buttons a shot when I first saw it and it ended up wrecking the chat until I cleared the chat archive. &nbsp;When I went to the chat log, all of that character's spells were called up instead of buttons, but the chat log was locked down & showed only black horizontal bars. &nbsp; Since it's my private campaign where I test stuff I'm gonna run as a GM, I might give it another try with a different sheet later just to see if it glitches out again. &nbsp;That's the result so far, though. &nbsp; Be careful copying macros from the wiki or forums. &nbsp;If special characters have been stripped out by the editor, they will not function properly when pasted into your game.
Is there any way to change the order of the spells in the spell list without deleting and re-adding them all?

Edited 1453779959
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Not yet, Roll20 has hinted at adding re-ordering capabilities soon.&nbsp;

Edited 1453781202
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I just sent Vince the fixes for adding new weapons, and adding new spells, so they will calculate on new (note, when you hit "add", that doesn't actually add a new weapon yet, just blank spaces. you &nbsp;have to update something on the row. basically the code will say once you update something, then it looks to see if this is a "new" row, and if so, then update every field in the row, to make sure all the attributes exist)&nbsp; it should be in the Beta site soon.&nbsp; i will look into the caster level for concentration checks next (though, we totally redid the spell page in Beta, so check it out - at least, check out spell class 0, and spell level 0 (the only one updated for now till we work the bugs out)
Vince said: I'll try and isolate if this is just a selector quirk or something else... So far I have noticed the missing ability scores and BAB in the following areas of the sheet: Max HP: only seen once that I recall, HP was not accounting for my CON modifier, but went back later INIT: seen a 5+ times, ignores DEX modifier entire AC stat block: 5+ times, ignored DEX modifier Saves: maybe only once, ignored ability scores, same time as HP issue Attacks: 20+ times, fails to account for STR and DEX modifiers in both attack rolls and damage rolls. Sometimes changing other fields, like checking masterwork, then removing it, helps. Sometimes it doesn't. Skills: I've only had an issue here once, the rolls were ignoring both Ranks and Ability Modifiers. Only went away after I made a completely new character sheet, like it was corrupted or something?

Edited 1453796667
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Are you seeing the appropriate modifier on the sheet next to your roll? &nbsp;For example; if you change the ability for Initiative, is it reflected in the mod value? &nbsp;Same for the other other areas you mentioned.&nbsp;

Edited 1453797473
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Darpeh said: I can confirm this is happening. Additionally, concentration checks do not roll correctly if dragged to the macro bar (caster level becomes 0). I ended up creating my own macro for this roll that references some commonly used DCs, but I thought it would be good to mention. The macros(sheet roll) for each caster class is correct, however each Concentration button had the same name "roll_Concentration-Check-0". &nbsp;They need to be unique for each Caster Class. &nbsp;Fix is in the works. &nbsp;Thanks
Magik
Sheet Author
In the Classes tab, I added a "Class Features and Abilities" entry for Mythic Tier. It just has a flat value of 1 in the calculation field, max, and used. I added a Mythic Power entry that uses the calculation&nbsp;3+2*@{repeating_class-ability_$15_used|max}, which populates the max value as 5 properly (since entry 15 is the Mythic Tier entry). I then change the Mythic Tier value to 2, but the Mythic Power never recalculates, even after using the Recalc button. I'll set this up in Beta on "New Guy" for you to see. Magik

Edited 1453825471
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
hmm i will look, you may need to remove the $15 and use $X, or nothing. Because it will be updated from within the context of a row, it won't know the index. (it was like this before too, the $xxxxx were not useful WITHIN a repeating item)

Edited 1453830793
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
recalc(forced or normal) on v20 seems to be sticking with an error: TypeError: eventname.toLowerCase is not a function(…) same with my v19 (pre-production version) from last night... and... it looks like v19 production as well. May be a roll20 issue?

Edited 1453832229
Whenever I put in someone's base stats it wouldn't show up in their actual stats The sheet says it's version is 0, this applies to all sheets I made after 1/24/16 :( EDIT: Skills, feats, levels, practically everything that was normal with character sheets is just defunct and non-functional

Edited 1453832408
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
BullB said: Whenever I put in someone's base stats it wouldn't show up in their actual stats The sheet says it's version is 0, this applies to all sheets I made after 1/24/16 :( See above BullB. &nbsp;I've made an inquiry on the bugs forum. &nbsp;Probably just some testing on the back-end code by the Devs...(fingers crossed) All versions (beta/live) DEV/Main of PF sheet have stopped auto calculating
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Should be up and running again. Dev updates...
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
v19 update:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... rollback defaults for attack mod and damage type to value="0" and "none" fixed concentration button roll names so drag/drop works made section/sub-section text clickable for hide/show small adjustments to title text on some button rolls made spell ranges collapsible misc format/text adjustments
chris b. said: Not yet, Roll20 has hinted at adding re-ordering capabilities soon.&nbsp; Have they hinted at having different spell lists for different casting classes yet? :P

Edited 1453864599
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
in the beta you can see some changes we made, the spell level will be editable to support occult/psychic magic, and lots of modifiers per spell to account for Magical Lineage, Wayang Spell Hunter, etc etc. that all of us casting min/maxers need. :) Please click on the beta link on the top post of this thread and take a look (only spell class 0, spell level 0 is fully updated) and let us know any changes you would like to see.
Vince said: Are you seeing the appropriate modifier on the sheet next to your roll? &nbsp;For example; if you change the ability for Initiative, is it reflected in the mod value? &nbsp;Same for the other other areas you mentioned.&nbsp; Negative, just 0 All that stuff aside, thank you guys so much for your work on these character sheets - they're friggin' amazing!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Outrider Seems like your sheet is not calculating. &nbsp;What version number do you see(top-right or footer) and does hitting the recalc checkbox do anything? &nbsp;BTW thanks for the compliments.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Is it still happening Outrider? Yesterday until the afternoon there was a bug in the roll 20 servers and no sheets were calculating (I think for anyone not just Pathfinder). It should have stopped happening late afternoon.
Magik
Sheet Author
Request: Mythic Adventures Support On the Classes tab, add a collapsible section labeled “Mythic Information” or something similar under “Class Information”. The new section should contain 2 entries with the columns detailed below. There is a maximum of 2 entries because a player can take the Mythic Feat: Dual Path, which allows for another path to be available to select abilities from. It also gives the features of the added path, but not the hit points. Path: The mythic path chosen. Could be a drop-down with: Archmage, Champion, Guardian, Hierophant, Marshal, and Trickster as the options. Only one should be shown after selected. &nbsp; Hit Points: Each path can give you bonus hit points every tier in that path. Other modifiers, such as Con bonus and Toughness don’t affect this number. This number is gained every tier that the character advances and should be added to the total hit points. The second entry in this “Mythic Information” section should not contain a Hit Points column. Example: A 10 th -tier Guardian will have an extra 5*10=50 hit points added to his total. &nbsp; Tier: This is the “level” of the character in her chosen path, but it’s not called level. Macros and other calculations will be made against this number, which can range from 1 to 10. The second entry in this “Mythic Information” section should not contain a Tier column. Under these entries, have a section for Mythic Power. The first field will be the current number of Mythic Power points available to be used, which is player editable. Next will be an auto-calculated amount, which is 3+Tier*2. Next will be a Misc field for the player to be able to adjust this number by taking Extra Mythic Power (Su) or something else. The next field will be the sum of these auto-calculated amount + Misc field to make a Max field. The character will have Mythic Feats, which can just be put in the Feats tab. You may want to consider adding a separate section for Mythic Feats to keep them separate. Under the “Class Features and Abilities” on the Classes tab, add a “Mythic Path Features and Abilities” section that uses the same format as the former, except the columns for Class # and Class aren’t required. These entries will be placed there: The character will have multiple “Base Mythic Abilities” gained by gaining a tier, which everyone gets regardless of their chosen path(s). They will also gain “Path Abilities” by gaining a tier that are selected from their chosen path(s) or from the Universal path. The chosen path provides a path feature, which is selected from ~ 3 options in the selected path. Example: A character on the Guardian path has the Guardian’s call feature set to choose from: Absorb Blow (Su), Beast’s Fury (Su), or Sudden Block (Su). At 10 th tier, the character will gain another feat which can be added here by the player. Example: True Defender (Su). Some path ability selections will allow for additional features to be selected. You may want to consider putting an option in the Config tab (gear icon) to turn these Mythic sections on and off. Thank you for your consideration of this request. Magik
Sorry if I missed this earlier, but my search fu in this thread turned up nothing. Is there a way to force a sheetworker recalc via a chat command? Some of my macros do things like toggle buffs (via the API), but the affected attributes aren't updating unless I physically open the sheet and hit the recalc box.

Edited 1453924035
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Glenn, try setting&nbsp;@{PFSheet_forcesync} to 1 from API, but you will still need to close/open the sheet. &nbsp;Not sure if you can open/close a sheet from API...

Edited 1453925289
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No even if you set that, it only will update once per session. So .. it is pretty useless. Currently the ONLY way to update is what you are doing, open the doc and press recalc. That won't change for awhile, though I saw a post by Riley saying they want to implement an API/Sheetworker sync, or attribute page / sheetworker sync But it is on them, nothing we can do about it yet.

Edited 1453953772
Magik
Sheet Author
If you put in a class name like "Mythic Archmage - Tier 1" then the class feature/ability will not show the name; rather, it will show -1. If you remove the - in the name, then it will show 1. I put a sample in Beta on New Guy. It seems like it is trying to resolve a formula instead of just displaying text. Speaking of Beta, the "Caster Level Check", "Spell Penetration Check", "Concentration Check", and "Cast on Defensive Check" don't have the highlight around them when they are selected like the other options in the Options section. It looks like "Spell Penetration" and "Concentration" options will just display information. I think those should be disabled by default. Only show the rolls by default to avoid confusion. The "Cast on Defensive" just shows information; it is not a check, but has the DC that it is attempting to match or surpass, so that is useful, but showing the character's bonus to the roll is confusing. The bonus on the roll is visible in the check and doesn't need to be shown otherwise, in my opinion. On the spell button output, there is a final entry "Check", which I can't figure out what it goes with. I don't see where the bonus in the roll ties into the spell. Oh, I put in the macro call&nbsp;%{New Guy|Ranged-Attack-Roll} in the Description of Ray of Frost and when it displays the Description, all that it shows with this in the text is: Check [14], where [14] is the resulting ranged attack roll. It doesn't show any of the other text of the configured description. Is this not the proper way to introduce a ranged attack inside a description so that it happens automatically for you? If "Saving Throw" option is turned off then DC doesn't appear. There is a separate option for DC that should be turned off when you turn off "Saving Throw" since this is the case, but not vice-versa. You may want to have the options listed in the order that they appear in the roll's output: School Level Caster Level Casting Time Components Range Effects/Target Duration Saving Throw __ DC __ Spell Resistance Caster Level Check Concentration Concentration Check Spell Penetration Spell Penetration Check Cast on Defensive __ DC __ Casting Defensive Check Description I'd recommend changing "Level" to "Spell Level" in the roll's output and options section. Magik

Edited 1454009085
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That is great feedback, thanks edit: the reason I didn't do concentration and casting defensively BOTH roll is because a player could look and decide afterward which one to use. So only one rolll, and if you said you would do it defensively then add the bonus and compare to the DC. Due to the way macros work you can't use results then do something different depending on the value. I did not want to introduce popups and such when players had never had them before. &nbsp;that would make it look better ...&nbsp; but using the rolls not one line for bonus the other for rolls is good. Just one or the other.

Edited 1454003542
JJL
Pro
Question, why spells don't include options for those spells with attack and damage rolls? Would make my life much easier xD