Advertisement Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

1490731771

Edited 1490731986
Is there a way to add more sources of extra non-crit damage for attacks aside from the global and attack-specific options? That only allows for two sources and I'm playing a character who will potentially have 4 or 5 different sources of extra damage on his weapon attacks; specifically Vital Strike, Bane, Holy, Vicious (both to the enemy and to self), and Flaming/Shock/Freezing. I attempted to edit the Macro Text to include additional lines but they don't parse correctly. I added it like this: @{PC-Whisper} &{template:pf_attack} @{toggle_attack_accessible} @{toggle_rounded_flag} {{color=@{rolltemplate_color}}} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{subtitle}} {{name=@{name}}} {{attack=[[ 1d20cs>[[ @{crit-target} ]] + @{attack_macro} ]]}} {{damage=[[@{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + @{damage_macro} ]]}} {{crit_confirm=[[ 1d20 + @{attack_macro} + [[ @{crit_conf_mod} ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage=[[ [[ @{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1) ]]d@{damage-die} + ((@{damage_macro}) * [[ @{crit-multiplier} - 1 ]]) ]]}} {{type=@{type}}} {{weapon_notes=@{notes}}} @{iterative_attacks} @{macro_options} {{vs=@{vs}}} {{vs@{vs}=@{vs}}} {{precision_dmg1=@{precision_dmg_macro}}} {{precision_dmg1_type=@{precision_dmg_type}}} {{precision_dmg2=@{global_precision_dmg_macro}}} {{precision_dmg2_type=@{global_precision_dmg_type}}} {{precision_dmg3=@{precision_dmg3_macro}}} {{precision_dmg3_type=@{precision_dmg3_type}}} {{critical_dmg1=@{critical_dmg_macro}}} {{critical_dmg1_type=@{critical_dmg_type}}} {{critical_dmg2=@{global_critical_dmg_macro}}} {{critical_dmg2_type=@{global_critical_dmg_type}}} {{attack1name=@{iterative_attack1_name}}} I created my own attributes called @{precision_dmg3_macro} and @{precision_dmg3_type} and defined them as [[2d6]] and TEST to try to imitate what's in the macro text, but clearly I'm missing something because it comes out like this: How do I get these attributes to display like the character sheet options do, or is it not possible to do this and I need to build my own macro from scratch? I realize that I can simply remove precision_dmg3_type and change {{precision_dmg3=@{precision_dmg3_macro}}} to {{Vicious=@{precision_dmg3_macro}}}, but that still gets dumped on the bottom of the template and I'd like to have them all lined up and indented like the character sheet options so it's plain to see and easy to add up or ignore if it's not relevant against the particular enemy.
1490740977

Edited 1490740998
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
best way , if you don't mind choosing from dropdowns, is to use queries on the global macro. ?{Holy|Y,[[1d6]] [Holy]|N,0} + ?{Bane|Y,[[1d6]] [Bane]|N,0} etc except well vital strike you'd have to do on each row.
Hey one thing I was wondering and sorry if it has already come up but it would be great if there was some way to toggle buffs on and off through a macro as my players use it for things like power attack, spell buffs, and so on. Also I am noticing that often times when the buffs are toggled on and showing under the current buffs they are not updating on the rest of the sheet and clicking recalc doesn't seem to fix it.
1490755741
Mike W. said: I am having a small issue while using Firebox. The Move\Delete button selector is nto clickable. When mousing over, I cannot click it. Works perfectly fine with Chrome. As a workaround, try clicking just to the right of the button. Move the mouse until the cursor turns into the hand.
1490756361
Jhwk
Pro
chris b. said: wait is that 'P' button showing up in production? Upon clicking most "buttons" on the sheet yes that "P" button is present everytime, and is clickable, I have just let everyone know not to press it.
1490757782
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Ah, clicking to the right did the trick. Very strange. Thank you much!
1490758884
Magik
Sheet Author
Ryan H. said: Hey one thing I was wondering and sorry if it has already come up but it would be great if there was some way to toggle buffs on and off through a macro as my players use it for things like power attack, spell buffs, and so on. Also I am noticing that often times when the buffs are toggled on and showing under the current buffs they are not updating on the rest of the sheet and clicking recalc doesn't seem to fix it. Last I heard, the only way to do this is via API Script. Requires a Pro account or your GM to have one.
1490782839
Vince
Pro
Sheet Author
Ryan H. said: Hey one thing I was wondering and sorry if it has already come up but it would be great if there was some way to toggle buffs on and off through a macro as my players use it for things like power attack, spell buffs, and so on. Also I am noticing that often times when the buffs are toggled on and showing under the current buffs they are not updating on the rest of the sheet and clicking recalc doesn't seem to fix it. We'll have to look into buffs not showing up on the sheet... There is currently a  bug (for all sheets) that can cause sheet workers to stop when linked tokens are deleted and then dragged to the editor or copy/pasted. As Magik mentioned, you would need to use an API script like chatsetattr and then you could make a macro to toggle them. ie(you could substitute rowid for the generic $X) !setattr --sel --repeating_buff_$0_buff-enable_toggle|[[1-(1*@{selected|repeating_buff_$0_buff-enable_toggle})]]
1490797891
Magik
Sheet Author
Seth J. said: Is there a way to add more sources of extra non-crit damage for attacks aside from the global and attack-specific options? That only allows for two sources and I'm playing a character who will potentially have 4 or 5 different sources of extra damage on his weapon attacks; specifically Vital Strike, Bane, Holy, Vicious (both to the enemy and to self), and Flaming/Shock/Freezing. I attempted to edit the Macro Text to include additional lines but they don't parse correctly. I added it like this: I created my own attributes called @{precision_dmg3_macro} and @{precision_dmg3_type} and defined them as [[2d6]] and TEST to try to imitate what's in the macro text, but clearly I'm missing something because it comes out like this: How do I get these attributes to display like the character sheet options do, or is it not possible to do this and I need to build my own macro from scratch? I realize that I can simply remove precision_dmg3_type and change {{precision_dmg3=@{precision_dmg3_macro}}} to {{Vicious=@{precision_dmg3_macro}}}, but that still gets dumped on the bottom of the template and I'd like to have them all lined up and indented like the character sheet options so it's plain to see and easy to add up or ignore if it's not relevant against the particular enemy. You can't create your own entries like {{precision_dmg3=foo}} because the roll template isn't set up to handle it. The best you are going to get (lacking perfection in formatting) is adding your own entries to the macro text like you pointed out with the {{Vicious=}}. Here is what you can append to the end of the macro text: {{Holy=+[[1d6]]}} {{Undead Bane=+[[2d6]]}} {{Vital Strike=+[[@{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die}]]}} {{Flaming=+[[1d6]]}} {{Shock=+[[1d6]]}} {{Frost=+[[1d6]]}} {{Vicious (target damage)=+[[2d6]]}} {{Vicious (my damage)=[[1d6]]}} The output should look like this: Magik
1490798817

Edited 1490798907
Vince
Pro
Sheet Author
You can also enter multiple, additional/precision damages in the same field.  They will show up "inline" next to each other. example; In damage enter  " [[1d6]] [[2d6]] "  in type enter " Holy | Undead Bane" 
1490804444
Magik
Sheet Author
That's a good point, but probably only appropriate for a small number of those since it could be challenging to pick out which damage applies to which.
1490820619

Edited 1490824631
Did 1.20 break integration with compendium? Last week I was able to drag items etc, this week I cant. Also, when changing 'Dmg Ability' it doesnt reflect in the calculated dmg modifier. Actually it seems as almost all things that need recalculating, arent. Changing HP on levelling dont recalculate either.
1490830549
I'm having a problem with this character sheet. The strange thing is it only seems to be one character. Ability entries no longer have the Description or ID tags and are missing the buttons to expand them. Again, this is only on the one character. Did I perhaps accidentally set an option on the sheet I shouldn't have?
1490830906
Vince
Pro
Sheet Author
Will T. said: I'm having a problem with this character sheet. The strange thing is it only seems to be one character. Ability entries no longer have the Description or ID tags and are missing the buttons to expand them. Again, this is only on the one character. Did I perhaps accidentally set an option on the sheet I shouldn't have? You probably clicked the "Mode" button (found between logo and character name).  This button toggles the sheet from an expanded "full edit" mode or a more condensed simplified view.  Try toggling the mode button.
1490830968
Vince
Pro
Sheet Author
Martin said: Did 1.20 break integration with compendium? Last week I was able to drag items etc, this week I cant. Also, when changing 'Dmg Ability' it doesnt reflect in the calculated dmg modifier. Actually it seems as almost all things that need recalculating, arent. Changing HP on levelling dont recalculate either. I'm not experiencing any of the issues you describe.  Are you seeing this for all characters?
1490832970
Vince said: Will T. said: I'm having a problem with this character sheet. The strange thing is it only seems to be one character. Ability entries no longer have the Description or ID tags and are missing the buttons to expand them. Again, this is only on the one character. Did I perhaps accidentally set an option on the sheet I shouldn't have? You probably clicked the "Mode" button (found between logo and character name).  This button toggles the sheet from an expanded "full edit" mode or a more condensed simplified view.  Try toggling the mode button. That was exactly it. I could have sworn I checked that. Thanks.
1490861705
Vince said: Martin said: Did 1.20 break integration with compendium? Last week I was able to drag items etc, this week I cant. Also, when changing 'Dmg Ability' it doesnt reflect in the calculated dmg modifier. Actually it seems as almost all things that need recalculating, arent. Changing HP on levelling dont recalculate either. I'm not experiencing any of the issues you describe.  Are you seeing this for all characters? We were all having this issue last night, yes. However, I found this comment above: There is currently a bug (for all sheets) that can cause sheet workers to stop when linked tokens are deleted and then dragged to the editor or copy/pasted. I wonder if this is what had happened? We sometimes get an error message displayed about no valid token found when clicking the initiative roll and it tries to send to turn order. Removing our token from the map and adding it back seems to solve this - could that also be what has caused our other issues? When I try this morning, things seem a little better - though I did have to reset various values back to 0, and then back to their correct values for the calculated values to update.
1490886259
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Martin said: We were all having this issue last night, yes. However, I found this comment above: There is currently a bug (for all sheets) that can cause sheet workers to stop when linked tokens are deleted and then dragged to the editor or copy/pasted. I wonder if this is what had happened? We sometimes get an error message displayed about no valid token found when clicking the initiative roll and it tries to send to turn order. Removing our token from the map and adding it back seems to solve this - could that also be what has caused our other issues? it sounds like it. esp if it doesn't know you have selected the token. we usually just copy and paste the tokens from one page to another. just never delete tokens from an old page except between sessions.
Magik said: You can't create your own entries like {{precision_dmg3=foo}} because the roll template isn't set up to handle it. The best you are going to get (lacking perfection in formatting) is adding your own entries to the macro text like you pointed out with the {{Vicious=}}. Here is what you can append to the end of the macro text: {{Holy=+[[1d6]]}} {{Undead Bane=+[[2d6]]}} {{Vital Strike=+[[@{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die}]]}} {{Flaming=+[[1d6]]}} {{Shock=+[[1d6]]}} {{Frost=+[[1d6]]}} {{Vicious (target damage)=+[[2d6]]}} {{Vicious (my damage)=[[1d6]]}} The output should look like this: Magik This is great, actually suits my needs perfectly when combined with the roll queries that Chris suggested. It's a shame I can't use the new Extra Damage options since I like how organized it looks, but that's just nit-picking. Seeing the option in the sheet to add more sources of extra damage would be nice but I realize it's a pretty niche need.
1491056099

Edited 1491056133
Question: How do you add mythic abilities to the sheet? There is the check box to enable the tabs to list mythic abilities in the abilities tab. When adding a ability the 'Rule:' drop down menu to select what tab to list the ability under simply does not list 'mythic abilities'.
1491085192
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
HarbingerLeo said: Question: How do you add mythic abilities to the sheet? they are still in the separate original lists underneath that main list, since they use different fields. so if you scroll down a little you see them. Same with mythic feats. eventually we'll add extra fields or whatever to the abilities list so they can handle mythic. Is there a way to turn off Currency weight when calculating encumbrance Put  the currency in the NOT carried section. That includes items in bags of holding, they should be set as "not carried" so they don't contribute to weight.
1491091577

Edited 1491091681
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
I hope this is the right place for this. Feature Requests : I realize these are very specific for our 3 campaigns and others may not find a need for this level of detail. I have a need for the following. Under Inventory, each of the tabbed categories have a sub total of the value at the top and bottom next to Totals of lbs and GP Under Inventory, a way to have a Short Desc name for the categories of Gear, Oth 1, and Oth 2. We wish to be able label them. For example: Backpack, Bag of Holding  #1, and Bag of Holding #2. Maybe that name can be placed in that empty space after the 'Show more details'  Thanks
1491167458
I am liking this new HP auto-calc, but I can't use it currently since the "use max HP for first level/HD" option doesn't appear to be working. I'm only getting half HP for all levels instead. I checked the 1.4 beta and it seems to work when using racial HD is set for 1st level, but not for normal characters with class levels only. Also, the pinned condition is adding 4 AC instead of -4. 
1491178583
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
verified both of those. man. we fix one thing and 5 things break. 
1491203777

Edited 1491204067
where did the "see full macro" go for attacks ? and/or how do I add a quarry for my attacks with the new sheets ?  I'm an idiot and found it in the settings~ 
Hi. I am having some problems with my NPCs. I want them to roll attacks and saves openly but they always whisper to the GM. I checked the settings tab and switched to Public Rolls. The sheet does not seem to remember these changes. It still whispers to the GM and after closing and opening the sheet again it is set to whispering again. I managed to roll an attack publicly by deleting the @{NPC-whisper} in the macro field. But is there a way to avoid doing this for every NPC and every attack or adjust the saving throws as well?  I also checked the general sheet settings. The default value is Public Roll. Some older Characters still work but all new Characters and those that i changed or adjusted have this problem. Since this is my first posting i hope to have chosen the right place to state my issue and I am sorry if not. Thanks.
1491314040
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I think i figured it out and am trying to get the fix in today (for wednesday). If it works then you'll have to toggle the whisper back and forth on *new* sheets but then it will stay working
Thank you very much. I am looking forward to this. I am realy liking this sheet.
1491327267

Edited 1491327889
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
New sheet version 1.41 PR submitted:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... should be out wednesday mostly bug fixes but the big addition is attack damage dice adjust based on size now. You can enable this in the settings. And on each attack row there is a checkbox whether that attack's damage dice should adjust or not, and also a default size setting for the attack.&nbsp; in this version: Attack damage dice adjust based on size! Check Adjust damage based on size in Settings to try it out! Since Paizo finally made only one progression for dice instead of the multiple we used to have, we use this:&nbsp;<a href="http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9t3f" rel="nofollow">http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9t3f</a>&nbsp; Fix to NPC whisper , may need to toggle it back and forth once for new sheets Fix to hit points : 100% at level 1 working PFS setting working for class levels on auto Race/type row now correct when PFS on. (for animal companion or monster etc) Editing any row will update hp Fix to Pin condition: now -4 to AC instead of +4 Defense stats (in Defenses menu) now has custom whisper on Settings page (for PC or NPC is same) (this is really more for GMs, so rolls can be public but "info" can be private) Equation macro now accepts |max not just _max screenshots of damage dice size change:
1491352581

Edited 1491353093
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
OK noob question here: Why do all of my spells have N/A in the SR drop down? I assume this is for Spell Resistance?&nbsp;The options are N\A, Yes, No, Yes Harmless, No Harmless. The Wiki does not explain this, If I change it then it seems to override what the macro was already doing. For example Pilfering Hand has a SR of Yes (Object) and I see that in the results from when the macro is rolled. However if I change the N/A to yes, now it says just Yes in the results. If I set it back to N/A now it the results do not show it at all. A bit confused am I.
1491353333
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If they don't apply then they don't appear in the output, this was to save space in chat. Since if there is no save, and no spell resist, you don't need extra rows in chat telling you. They only appear if there actually is a save or spell resist. I think the same applies to all the other fields for spells. If duration is left blank, then it won't print to chat.
1491356385
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Ok I cna understand that but ALL my spells show N\A, even those with a Spell Resistance. Those that have a SR&nbsp; do appear in chat,and those without don't - that is fine So what is this field for other than to override the spell itself? And once done, you cannot go back. Like in my example above, Pilfering Hand has Spell Resurgence Yes (Object). Change the drop down to No and it no longer has it. Now change it back to N\A and it sill no longer has it. Change it to Yes, now it has it but whiteout the (object). Best practice is to never change it form N A as far as I am concerned. Just trying to figure out what it is for is all.
1491356910
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There is no "yes (Object)", we could add it as a choice, &nbsp;if it was set that way (dragged from the compendium) then changing the dropdown will change the value, and it can never go back to yes (object) since there is no yes (object) choice.&nbsp; The solution is for us to add yes (object) to the dropdown.
1491358286

Edited 1491358314
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Or for me not to change it in the first place - lol Thanks for your explanation.
Ok Bear with me here, Total Noob when it comes to this character sheet. Currently, when trying to set this up for my monk, I have run into several issues after importing from Hero Lab. For starters since just about all of my equipment are wonderous items, I have to what I feel had to incorrectly input my bracers of armor into the armor slot since that item bonus fits into that type of bonus. I have also set the Ioun stone (dusty rose prism) to the shield slot, rather doing so incorrectly since there is no open field for inherent bonuses. Honestly, I can get everything else working correctly except where it displays my Armor Class. I am not sure if this is something specific due to the fact I am a monk, but I was unable to find a specific area to denote I should be receiving additional AC due to my WIS score and monk bonuses at certain levels. For the moment I tallied up both the WIS bonus and monk class bonus into one figure and dropped it into the misc section. My other questions run in the direction of my lack of understanding in the field of getting the CMB/CMD calculations to work right. My monk is primarily Dex & Wis. I have taken feats to convert just about everything to Dex when I maneuver for Grapple checks. Hero Lab tells me that I have a +15 CMB / 31 CMD for grapple, but when I look at the sheet here in roll20 it displays my CMD as a 23. Probably what I should be asking for among you all is there a video tutorial I should seek to allay my concerns to fix it myself? *Goes back to Coloring*
1491484244
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can put your bracers in any slot, the "set as armor" button should not care what slot it is in. Yes use the misc field for the bonus. You could also use a buff row for some of those so you don't have to recalculate them each level. There is a checkbox on the settings tab to change whether you use BAB or level for CMD, and another checkbox to say if you want to allow your CMD ability score to be a different one than you use for AC. Those both might be useful.
1491488158
Vince
Pro
Sheet Author
There is also an Inherent Bonus column in the Core ability score section.
1491488685
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Looking it up, dusty rose prism actually grants insight bonus.&nbsp; Not sure why everyone says inherent bonuses are "common", not sure they are being used correctly. Is everyone reading Manuals of ability score increasing? My DMs must be stingy
1491511135
Settings: Core &gt; Character Details &gt; Size = Small Bug: Attacks &gt; Attack and Combat Maneuver Bonuses &gt; CMB &gt; Size = 0 Being a small creature should give a -1 bonus [size] on CMB checks because CMB is classified as a modified attack type.
1491514890

Edited 1491515286
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
my tests all adjust properly. can you try changing the size to something else then back to small?
hello every one I am new here at roll 20, My group is starting a pathfinder game and want to use this sheet, but we are not programmers and thus are having a hard time with some more advanced macros, is there a list of commonly used macros?
Hi, sorry if someone else has said the same, there's quite a bit of this thread to scroll through, but if not, the top yellow bar of updated information doesn't go away when I check 'don't show again'.
1491590742
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
oh thanks you can click on "announcements" above the yellow box to collapse it
Thank you. Now I feel like a dummy for not noticing that.
A bug I have noticed is that I am having trouble edit existing buffs.
1491596289
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
ChaosCowboy said: Thank you. Now I feel like a dummy for not noticing that. don't worry no one noticed, one of my players complained that it took up the whole page and they have to keep scrolling. .. which is why i added "do not show again"&nbsp;though really it means "do not show unless you click on announcements" you can still see them again :)&nbsp; Simon said: A bug I have noticed is that I am having trouble edit existing buffs. can you explain further what you are seeing, and if there is any pattern?&nbsp;
how would i write a damage roll macro for a spell like burning hands, where it does 1d4 per level max 5 levels?
1491598671
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
put it in "extra damage" on attack, or in the spell in the damage field then i think something like this: [[({@{level},5}kl1)d4]]
1491605196

Edited 1491606999
chris b. said: put it in "extra damage" on attack, or in the spell in the damage field then i think something like this: [[({@{level},5}kl1)d4]] no =( it just makes the damage what ever your level is max 5 but i was able to figure it out =) it should read [[[[{5,@{CasterLevel}}kl1]]d4]]