Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

OMG im dumb. As soon as i read that i felt like a idiot. Thank you so much you just cured a massive headache for me.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Haha, no problem... we've ALL been there :)
chris b. said: Anarchium said: Please don't enforce rounding in the class information boxes (BAB, saves, etc.). Enforcing rounded values will destroy the ability for games to use fractional multiclassing rules as per the Unchained variant option. The character sheet currently warns the player to enter a whole value, which is fine, but going any further will eliminate this option for campaigns who use the fractional model. you used to be able to use fractions, I will check it out to see if that broke. oh does it warn but not actually change it... i'm not sure if we can get rid of the warning, i will see. I verified you can still use fractions. I added a setting in the html that should stop that warning message. It will be available around Wednesday as part of our next bugfix build I sent in today. I'm now seeing a problem that when clicking the up/down arrows, it increments/decrements by 0.01. This is quite annoying, since if you're not using fractional values it makes the buttons unusable. 

Edited 1496945910
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yes that's the only way i could figure to stop browsers from giving the notification error, by setting step to .01. I tried step=0 but that apparently is handled the same as step=1.and step =1/12 would work but can't be represented well decimally. If anyone knows a way I'd do it. we don't have access to the form tag to put "noverification" not sure how else to do it. It's also a problem in the weight and value fields of the equipment page
To resolve these issues for currently Windows versions or windows servers is a software named "LONG PATH TOOL", I suggest everyone a software “Long Path Tool“ which can solve all the long path problems.
I entered several Spell-like abilities, but when I use the Abilities or the Sp button it says "None Available"
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Makki said: I entered several Spell-like abilities, but when I use the Abilities or the Sp button it says "None Available" Did you check the "Show" checkbox on the left?  The purpose of that checkbox is to filter those ability macros down to only showing the abilities you want.
James W. said: Makki said: I entered several Spell-like abilities, but when I use the Abilities or the Sp button it says "None Available" Did you check the "Show" checkbox on the left?  The purpose of that checkbox is to filter those ability macros down to only showing the abilities you want. Thx, that was it!
I brought this up before a long time ago, I think, but I'd like to put in the request for a buff that increases your crit confirm for all attacks, as there are abilities that temporarily increase the crit confirm, particularly the unchained barbarian. 
chris b. said: yes that's the only way i could figure to stop browsers from giving the notification error, by setting step to .01. I tried step=0 but that apparently is handled the same as step=1.and step =1/12 would work but can't be represented well decimally. If anyone knows a way I'd do it. we don't have access to the form tag to put "noverification" not sure how else to do it. It's also a problem in the weight and value fields of the equipment page Could there be an option to set the step back to 1, or to disable the buttons then? The buttons unfortunately really do serve no purpose now if you're only using integer values.

Edited 1497045392
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Wayward Foal said: I brought this up before a long time ago, I think, but I'd like to put in the request for a buff that increases your crit confirm for all attacks, as there are abilities that temporarily increase the crit confirm, particularly the unchained barbarian.  sounds good. we are adding bonus stacking rules functionality and some new buffs, so we can add that too, if the user wishes to switch to 'advanced buffs', in development so far:
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Samuel Penn said: Could there be an option to set the step back to 1, or to disable the buttons then? The buttons unfortunately really do serve no purpose now if you're only using integer values. ok, we'll probably remove if it is causing more problems. 
So I just gained a level and noticed that the Miscellaneous row in my spells on the Pathfinder sheet is missing a lot of important values.&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet</a>... The only values I have are Meta-Magic and Domain. What gives?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
click on "show more fields" just above the spells list
chris b. said: click on "show more fields" just above the spells list Thanks! For some reason my brain scanned over it
Hey, something that came up in my game the other day. The Sickened condition for some reason gives a +2 Damage rather than -2. Kind of confused everyone for a bit!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Courtney R. said: Hey, something that came up in my game the other day. The Sickened condition for some reason gives a +2 Damage rather than -2. Kind of confused everyone for a bit! Hmmm. I'm getting -2.
Vince said: Courtney R. said: Hey, something that came up in my game the other day. The Sickened condition for some reason gives a +2 Damage rather than -2. Kind of confused everyone for a bit! Hmmm. I'm getting -2. Perhaps it is fixed in the beta? At least on live it's doing this: Attacks look fine, but that is a +2 on damage.

Edited 1497143881
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You're right Courtney. &nbsp;My apologies. "+2 Damage"... &nbsp;It's broke in beta as well. &nbsp;We'll get that fixed. &nbsp;Just noticed that on the beta, Cl/Ac/Sz/Co isn't registering fear or sickened either although the adjustment is in the roll. &nbsp;ugh Thank you.
Just a request here. &nbsp;Is it possible to have a menu button to display initiative value (not an actual initiative roll), initiative notes, the various movement speeds, and speed notes so that the player can quickly check these values for tactical purposes? &nbsp;The reason why I suggest the initiative value and initiative notes is because some class features can alter the initiative value or even allow the pc to take a specific action as part of that initiative. &nbsp;For example, the Order of the Flame for cavaliers has the Foolhardy Rush ability. If not, I am sure I can make a token action with the generic roll template or the block text template. CB
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
We can add that as a suggestion CB. &nbsp;For now, you could either make a toke ability macro or even make a custom roll on the sheet (Custom page/tab) &{template:pf_generic} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{name=Init and Speed Info }} {{righttext_1=**INIT:** [[ @{init} ]] }} {{lefttext_2=**Init Notes:** @{init_notes} }} {{righttext_3=**Speed:** [[ @{speed-modified} ]] }} {{lefttext_4=**Speed Notes:** @{speed-notes} }}
Vince said: We can add that as a suggestion CB. &nbsp;For now, you could either make a toke ability macro or even make a custom roll on the sheet (Custom page/tab) &{template:pf_generic} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{name=Init and Speed Info }} {{righttext_1=**INIT:** [[ @{init} ]] }} {{lefttext_2=**Init Notes:** @{init_notes} }} {{righttext_3=**Speed:** [[ @{speed-modified} ]] }} {{lefttext_4=**Speed Notes:** @{speed-notes} }} Thank you, Vince! &nbsp;I appreciate the help. CB
I noticed that the readout of a Will save is now described as a Willpower save. &nbsp;Isn't that from 5th Edition ? &nbsp;;) Another request: can we include the saving throw notes into the Defence Stats menu button? &nbsp;A character can sometimes have multiple conditional bonuses to different types of saves and the list can get long so that it looks awkward when the saving throw notes are included with the saving throw roll (plus, it reveals all the conditional bonuses that a pc has to other players, which can facilitate metagaming sometimes). &nbsp;I know we can toggle off including the saving throw notes with the saving throw roll but then you have to refer back to the character sheet to see what are the conditional bonuses. &nbsp;Including them into the Defense Stats menu button is quicker to access, easier to read, and takes up less space in the public chat screen, in my opinion. &nbsp;Just a thought. &nbsp;;) Cheers! CB
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I think 5e has done away with Fort, Ref, and Will altogether and now just use the six primary abilities to determine saves. We(or I...) probably made the change on the translation json without looking at how every instance of the word was being used. &nbsp;I'm sure most people will take Willpower and Will to mean the same. We'll make an adjustment to be in line with canon. &nbsp;;-P From the Defenses Menu button, "Defense Stats" does post the notes(If the the option "Include Save Notes in Roll" is enabled). &nbsp;Perhaps we could always show the notes when using "Defense Stats"?
Vince said: I think 5e has done away with Fort, Ref, and Will altogether and now just use the six primary abilities to determine saves. We(or I...) probably made the change on the translation json without looking at how every instance of the word was being used. &nbsp;I'm sure most people will take Willpower and Will to mean the same. We'll make an adjustment to be in line with canon. &nbsp;;-P From the Defenses Menu button, "Defense Stats" does post the notes(If the the option "Include Save Notes in Roll" is enabled). &nbsp;Perhaps we could always show the notes when using "Defense Stats"? Oh I was just being silly about the Will/Willpower thing, heh. Personally, I like the idea of the Defense Stats to always have the Save Notes, with the Include Save Notes in Roll as optional. &nbsp;But that's just me. &nbsp;I don't know how other people feel about it. CB
So, after the update, the ranged damage started appearing as this:&nbsp; Not sure if I need to reload, or if it has any impact on the rolls.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Wayward Foal said: So, after the update, the ranged damage started appearing as this:&nbsp; Not sure if I need to reload, or if it has any impact on the rolls. Hmmm. &nbsp;That's definitely a bug in that it's displayed amount is messed up, but it appears that the appropriate modifier is applied on the attack. &nbsp;We'll have a look what's up. &nbsp;Thanks
I've also noticed that for the past couple of weeks, a couple of the fields have green boxes around them and don't seem to be bringing in the correct information. Here's a few of the relevent areas if someone could please direct me as to what I'm doing wrong. Thanks! (Not a huge issue since I'm aware of it and just add the numbers as misc modifiers and the rolls all work out correctly.)
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I would guess that you have a condition enabled, or you have encumbrance tracking (or something else similar) on that causes you to remove your dex bonus. That is the formatting that occurs when something like that is enabled.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yes especially if dodge has the box around it, it indicates complete loss of dex due to a condition (flat footed, cowering, or other causing immobility), or the character is over max carried weight. Check the encumbrance that is usually the cultprit
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Wayward Foal said: So, after the update, the ranged damage started appearing as this:&nbsp; Not sure if I need to reload, or if it has any impact on the rolls. sorry about that. Luckily the top damage is for display only, so the rolls are still correct. i must have hit "=" instead of "-", i swear i tested it. I guess I did not test the ranged dmg.
Excuse the noob-ness, but I just went into one of my PC's character sheets and noticed that the Bab had a +30 buff. I cannot find where this is coming from to edit. Any ideas?
Y'all are awesome and have the BEST character sheet on Roll20!!! Yep, turns out we had all of our loot sold and the gold was put on our sheets. Turns out my character could barely push/drag himself around while carrying the gold. I just never realized that applied to Initiative as well. Thanks all!
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Bill H. said: Excuse the noob-ness, but I just went into one of my PC's character sheets and noticed that the Bab had a +30 buff. I cannot find where this is coming from to edit. Any ideas? click the "add race/monster HD" just above "class(es) and levels" also click the arrow next to "2nd" and expand all 6 classes. the extra 30 must be on one of those rows. For hit die, just enter an "8" (though it's only important if you're using autocalc hp)
chris b. said: Bill H. said: Excuse the noob-ness, but I just went into one of my PC's character sheets and noticed that the Bab had a +30 buff. I cannot find where this is coming from to edit. Any ideas? click the "add race/monster HD" just above "class(es) and levels" also click the arrow next to "2nd" and expand all 6 classes. the extra 30 must be on one of those rows. For hit die, just enter an "8" (though it's only important if you're using autocalc hp) Yep, that was it, it was under Racial HD and stats. Don't know how that got in there, but thank you very much!
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jeff S. said: Y'all are awesome and have the BEST character sheet on Roll20!!! Yep, turns out we had all of our loot sold and the gold was put on our sheets. Turns out my character could barely push/drag himself around while carrying the gold. I just never realized that applied to Initiative as well. Thanks all! lol yeah, we never knew how much gold pieces weighed. Suddenly we're all buying handy haversacks and bags of holding.
chris b. said: Jeff S. said: Y'all are awesome and have the BEST character sheet on Roll20!!! Yep, turns out we had all of our loot sold and the gold was put on our sheets. Turns out my character could barely push/drag himself around while carrying the gold. I just never realized that applied to Initiative as well. Thanks all! lol yeah, we never knew how much gold pieces weighed. Suddenly we're all buying handy haversacks and bags of holding. Yup. &nbsp;Just last night I was in a session and had to inform the party & GM that the GM's pile of copper coinage weighed in at 2600 lbs. &nbsp;My cleric has Floating Disk as a domain spell, but that weight was still... excessive. &nbsp; I love how Roll20 has suddenly made weight considerations a reason not to dump STR and Darkvision & Low-Light Vision so much more noticed. &nbsp;
Please pardon a newbie question.&nbsp; You can redirect me elsewhere if applicable. &nbsp; I'd like to add a buff for my monk that calculates my Monk level divided by 4, dropping decimals.&nbsp; Can someone point me to a reference source for defining calculations?&nbsp; TIA
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Raymond G. said: Please pardon a newbie question.&nbsp; You can redirect me elsewhere if applicable. &nbsp; I'd like to add a buff for my monk that calculates my Monk level divided by 4, dropping decimals.&nbsp; Can someone point me to a reference source for defining calculations?&nbsp; TIA assuming you have Monk on the 1st class row of the class grid, you could use [[ {floor(@{class-0-level}/4),1}kh1 ]] which would give a minimum of "1". &nbsp; If you don't care about a min value,&nbsp;[[ floor(@{class-0-level}/4) ]] Rounding Rolls and Math Functions
The second example was what I needed, though the first will be useful elsewhere.&nbsp; Many thanks for the functions link!
is it possible to drag and drop a class from the compendium onto the character sheet, for class features and the like, and if so where does it go?

Edited 1497733982
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Drew E. said: is it possible to drag and drop a class from the compendium onto the character sheet, for class features and the like, and if so where does it go? Sadly, no. &nbsp;Until the PF compendium gets an update(or &nbsp;is opened back up for editing), we have to work with what has already been written into the compendium. &nbsp;Unfortunately, classes or specifically "class features/abilities" cannot be dragged to the sheet in it's current form. &nbsp;Rumors have hinted that the PF compendium may be getting some love, so, cross your fingers.
Hi guys, I saw a little mistake regarding bonus spell for spellcaster depending on their primary stat and Enhancement bonus. So example, a druid use Wisdom to gain bonus spells/day. That druid found a headband of wisdom +2, wich increase (enhancement) the wisdom by 2, but the ONLY thing it doesn't increase, is the bonus spells/day. If I put 2 in the Enh column, it still ad spells/day, wich is a mistake. Can it be fixed ?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Saru said: Hi guys, I saw a little mistake regarding bonus spell for spellcaster depending on their primary stat and Enhancement bonus. So example, a druid use Wisdom to gain bonus spells/day. That druid found a headband of wisdom +2, wich increase (enhancement) the wisdom by 2, but the ONLY thing it doesn't increase, is the bonus spells/day. If I put 2 in the Enh column, it still ad spells/day, wich is a mistake. Can it be fixed ? This is true while it is a temp bonus, but once it becomes a permanent bonus (wears the headband for 24+ hours) it is permanent and would affect it. Not sure the sheet can currently handle that difference between enhancement bonus types. Chris has been hard at work on the buffs section and one of the changes he has made may help he and Vince address this issue.

Edited 1497878085
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Saru said: So example, a druid use Wisdom to gain bonus spells/day. That druid found a headband of wisdom +2, wich increase (enhancement) the wisdom by 2, but the ONLY thing it doesn't increase, is the bonus spells/day. If I put 2 in the Enh column, it still ad spells/day, wich is a mistake. Can it be fixed ? As Scott points out, after 24 hrs it is a permanent effect. According to the FAQ, sometimes they give lists of what is increased, but they actually should increase everything, the list is more of a "quick rule" vs "rebuild rule". Since the sheet uses computers, the complete rebuild is actually easier than using the quick rules. <a href="http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic" rel="nofollow">http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic</a>... Temporary Ability Score Increases vs. Permanent Ability Score Increases: Why do temporary bonuses only apply to some things? Temporary ability bonuses should apply to anything relating to that ability score, just as permanent ability score bonuses do. The section in the glossary was very tight on space and it was not possible to list every single ability score-related game effect that an ability score bones would affect. The purpose of the temporary ability score ruling is to make it so you don't have to rebuild your character every time you get a bull's strength or similar spell; it just summarizes the most common game effects relative to that ability score. For example, most of the time when you get bull's strength , you're using it for combat, so the glossary mentions Strength-based skill checks, melee attack rolls, Strength-based weapon damage rolls, CMB, and CMD. It doesn't call out melee attack rolls that use Dex instead of Str (such as when using Weapon Finesse) or situations where your applied Str bonus should be halved or multiplied (such as whith off-hand or two-handed weapons). You're usually not using the spell for a 1 min./level increase in your carrying capacity, so that isn't mentioned there, but the bonus should still apply to that, as well as to Strength checks to break down doors. Think of it in the same way that a simple template has "quick rules" and "rebuild rules;" they're supposed to create monsters which are roughly equivalent in terms of stats, but the quick rules are a short cut that misses some details compared to using the rebuild rules. Likewise, the temporary ability score rule is intended as a short cut to speed up gameplay, not as the most precise way of applying the bonus. A temporary ability score bonus should affect all of the same stats and rolls that a permanent ability score bonus does
Yo, I have habitually avoided the in-house pathfinder character sheets because I'm old fashioned and prefer the straight up character sheet, which Mythweavers offers.&nbsp; I also prefer to do my own math and only macro up certain complicated or extremely commonly used abilities.&nbsp; Is there a way to skip past all the clutter and crap this thing has so I can just put stuff down on the standard sheet or something?&nbsp; My new GM wants it all done in-house.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Dorian said: Yo, I have habitually avoided the in-house pathfinder character sheets because I'm old fashioned and prefer the straight up character sheet, which Mythweavers offers.&nbsp; I also prefer to do my own math and only macro up certain complicated or extremely commonly used abilities.&nbsp; Is there a way to skip past all the clutter and crap this thing has so I can just put stuff down on the standard sheet or something?&nbsp; My new GM wants it all done in-house. No
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Apologies Dorian... &nbsp;that was the short answer. The longer answer is that using the Pathfinder sheet is kind of an all or nothing proposition. &nbsp;It has been designed to be dynamic. &nbsp;Make a change here, and you will see it reflected through out the sheet. &nbsp;Nearly all attributes are auto-calculated and inner-connected, so you cannot use it as a static sheet.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You're gonna really hate the automatic bonus type stacking calculations in beta then.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
chris b. said: You're gonna really hate the automatic bonus type stacking calculations in beta then. Braggart. ;-P