Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Advertisement Create a free account Compendium in Game, Join Today

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

1524971891

Edited 1524972526
Where'd the "Spell Description" field go on the spell lists?  Existing spells that had descriptors retain their description, but the text-box for the description of the spell when adding NEW spells has disapeared. EDIT: It seems like the issue is more widespread and not limited to the SPELLS list.  The Abilities Tab has the problem as well.
1524973963

Edited 1524974050
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
@chad Change the " mode " (button near pf logo) of the sheet from Compact to Expanded/edit.  
1525315365
Ahh! Thank you! 
So this has been bugging me for a while. When playing a prepared caster and having the total spells manually box checked, if you change your spells in any way it still recalculates the total spells (Or at least I assume that's what it's doing) and sets all the spells per day fields to zero. Which kind of ruins the whole point of that checkbox, if I can't actually manually track my spells per day because any time I change anything, particularly adding or removing spells or changing any of the misc modifiers, it sets them all to zero. Is there any way to stop it doing that, or is this a bug?
1525488778
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
It's in our bug list.  I need a little assistance from Chris on tracking this down though... but it's bugging us too.  ;-)  Fix is coming.  Apologies.
1525583354

Edited 1525583969
S
Pro
Spells and their spell options seem to work whenever it so suits them. Things like the Cast Time option do not appear in any spells despite recalculation to try and adjust the sheet into recognizing it. Edit: It seems it take extreme prejudice to the term "1 standard action" in the field regarding Cast Time and any variation of it tends to show a cast time, such as "1 standard," "1 stayndord," etc. You get the idea. Any spells I possess that may have a different casting time, like "1 swift action" show normally and without issue.
1525627406
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
Swole Patrol said: Spells and their spell options seem to work whenever it so suits them. Things like the Cast Time option do not appear in any spells despite recalculation to try and adjust the sheet into recognizing it. Edit: It seems it take extreme prejudice to the term "1 standard action" in the field regarding Cast Time and any variation of it tends to show a cast time, such as "1 standard," "1 stayndord," etc. You get the idea. Any spells I possess that may have a different casting time, like "1 swift action" show normally and without issue. Since the majority of spells are "1 standard action" (which is the exact terminology used by the srd/compendium), we decided to only show casting time if it was something other than "1 standard action".  If you want to see casting time included for "1 standard action", you'll need to change the phrase in some way, as you've discovered.
1525644358

Edited 1525644421
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
it was requested by many people to not display something if it doesn't have to, because all of the entries take up so much room. Other items won't display if blank or n/a: saves and spell resist wont say "none" or "no" just not show up.
Are there any plans to introduce the Armor as Damage Reduction ruleset as an option? Is there a way I might be able to implement the system into a game with the current sheet? (Alternately, is there an option I just overlooked?)
1525811911
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Well, with that ruleset, your armor value goes to DR instead of to AC, so just don't enter that AC for the armor, and manually track your DR (since the sheet can't automate DR handling anyways)
1525892109

Edited 1525892193
That is a valid point. Is there a way to insert a query modifier that affects AC without affecting Touch AC or Flat-Footed? For example, adding a character's Reflex modifier to their AC. Alternately, is there a way to replace the modifier for Touch AC with None?
1525915250
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
Leafia B. said: That is a valid point. Is there a way to insert a query modifier that affects AC without affecting Touch AC or Flat-Footed? For example, adding a character's Reflex modifier to their AC. Alternately, is there a way to replace the modifier for Touch AC with None? There currently isn't a way to choose "none" on ability selectors.  How about using buff's to "adjust" AC, Touch-ac, and FF-ac?
I tried that, but I can't figure out how to have the buff only target AC - the closest I managed was having it be a Dodge buff, which affects Touch AC as well.
1525984453
I apologize if this is something already asked about, but is there a way to set default attributes for certain bars on tokens? So that every time I drag a PC token onto the grid, Bar 3 automatically represents "HP" instead of having to select it from the drop town each time.
1525985219
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Alex, This is part of the Roll20 interface rather than the character sheet. Take a look at  this wiki article (particularly the difference between setting up a mook vs an NPC/PC). Make sure to get the order of changes and saves correct.
1525990453
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
Leafia B. said: I tried that, but I can't figure out how to have the buff only target AC - the closest I managed was having it be a Dodge buff, which affects Touch AC as well. To affect only AC; make a buff that includes 3 buffs; AC, Touch, and FF.  Whatever bonus or penalty you make for AC, do the opposite on Touch and FF.
Vince said: Leafia B. said: I tried that, but I can't figure out how to have the buff only target AC - the closest I managed was having it be a Dodge buff, which affects Touch AC as well. To affect only AC; make a buff that includes 3 buffs; AC, Touch, and FF.  Whatever bonus or penalty you make for AC, do the opposite on Touch and FF. Thank you!
Any reason why a previously working sheet on a table will suddenly revert to 0 edition? I have the settings so that it should be updated to the latest version. I can't use the Companion Script on that table, but on another table it it working just fine. The settings on both tables are the same for the sheets.
1525994579

Edited 1525995102
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
Xathos of Varisia said: Any reason why a previously working sheet on a table will suddenly revert to 0 edition? I have the settings so that it should be updated to the latest version. I can't use the Companion Script on that table, but on another table it it working just fine. The settings on both tables are the same for the sheets. Is this the live sheet v1.722, or a custom installed version?  Is this happening for all characters in the game, or just one?  What happens when you use the recalc button?
1525995605

Edited 1525995766
Vince, I finally rebooted and clicked  those edition boxes and it cleared up. 
1525995723

Edited 1525995813
The recalc just kept spinning so that gave me the idea to reboot. I got the feeling it was just not making the digital connection somewhere.
1526082837

Edited 1526083565
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
Poison said: How do i turn off the scroll bar for the roll template? Use less text.  ;-P I added scrolling on descriptions because someone pointed out that the Official Sheet scrolls long passages to save chat real-estate and that they thought it would be a good idea on the community sheet as well.  I agreed that it was a nice feature and I decided to implement the change. My knee-jerk reaction is that there isn't a way to make this optional  (currently any text past about 9 lines get's vertically scrolled), but I will explore our options.  Would making it a little longer vertically be acceptable?  15 lines perhaps? If people find it inconvenient, I can always roll-back the change.
This sheet is absolutely amazing, thank you so much for all this work. I've been looking around and i'm sure this has been asked before, but is there any options or a way to modify the sheet to work with the metric system ? The speeds and weights use feet and pounds, and this makes it impossible for me use it with my group, since we're on meters and kilos. There's the option for that on the roll20 page, but it doesn't affect the character sheet for me. I could always contribute on github if this isn't already possible.
1526221422
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
Narolas said: This sheet is absolutely amazing, thank you so much for all this work. I've been looking around and i'm sure this has been asked before, but is there any options or a way to modify the sheet to work with the metric system ? The speeds and weights use feet and pounds, and this makes it impossible for me use it with my group, since we're on meters and kilos. There's the option for that on the roll20 page, but it doesn't affect the character sheet for me. I could always contribute on github if this isn't already possible. Adding a metric option is on our list of future enhancements and it's actually one of the enhancements that may be done sooner than later.
1526221682
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
Poison said: How do i turn off the scroll bar for the roll template? Scrolling long descriptions within the roll templates will soon be Optional from the settings page. ;-)  Still working on implimenting the change into existing on-sheet macro-text.
1526247651
Maybe I am mistaken and this has always happened, but whenver I roll an attack, even if there is no crit it will roll the crit confirm and damage die. Is it possible to make it so it does not do this?
1526248343
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
Iracus said: Maybe I am mistaken and this has always happened, but whenver I roll an attack, even if there is no crit it will roll the crit confirm and damage die. Is it possible to make it so it does not do this? No. ;-(  All the rolls for a macro are completed as soon as the attack is made.  The way our roll templates are setup, you only see the results of crit and crit damage on a successful crit confirm.  Normally this is fine and helps combat move along, however, when using 3d dice, you see all the dice being rolled regardless of how the roll templates interpret the rolls.  This is a limitation/incompatibility between 3d dice and roll templates.
Hey! I think the Buff "Divine Favor" is wrong calculated with the add buff option. min(3,1+floor((@{level}-1)/3)) The Spell should gave on CL first, six and nine a +1 Bonus. I think this macro should work for level 1-20 for the right Bonus: min(3,1+floor((@{level})/6)+floor((@{level})/9))
1526444411

Edited 1526448551
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Marcus. I believe the current buff for Divine Favor: min(3,1+floor((@{level}-1)/3)) will give +1 on levels 1-5, +2 on levels 6-8, and +3 on levels 9+, which should be correct.
1526447070

Edited 1526447116
Hey At Level 4 you get +2 1+ (4-1)/3=2  auf if you Chance the mach to x-3 you get on level 1 a +0 Bonus it seems.
1526448431
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
Markus S. said: Hey At Level 4 you get +2 1+ (4-1)/3=2  auf if you Chance the mach to x-3 you get on level 1 a +0 Bonus it seems. You are right Marcus.  I think I got focused on "for every three caster levels..." without actually looking at the formula and testing. ;-( I'll update/change the buff.  Thank you. 
I Really like your sheet. Great Work! :) Glad that I could help a bit. :)
I found one more mistake with a math: Magic Vestment is also wrong it seems. (firdt +2 Bonus with CL 8, not before). Here are my math for some buffs, wo are really often be used in Pathfinder. Divine Fevor min(3,1+floor((@{level})/6)+floor((@{level})/9)) Ironskin min(7,4+floor((@{level})/8)+floor((@{level})/12)) Magic Vestment min(5,1+floor((@{level})/8)+floor((@{level})/12)+floor((@{level})/20)) Magic Weapon min(5,1+floor((@{level})/8)+floor((@{level})/12)+floor((@{level})/20))
1526513723
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
Markus S. said: I found one more mistake with a math: Magic Vestment is also wrong it seems. (firdt +2 Bonus with CL 8, not before). Here are my math for some buffs, wo are really often be used in Pathfinder. Divine Fevor min(3,1+floor((@{level})/6)+floor((@{level})/9)) Ironskin min(7,4+floor((@{level})/8)+floor((@{level})/12)) Magic Vestment min(5,1+floor((@{level})/8)+floor((@{level})/12)+floor((@{level})/20)) Magic Weapon min(5,1+floor((@{level})/8)+floor((@{level})/12)+floor((@{level})/20)) Don't stop Marcus.  ;-) Really, thanks for finding these.  I recently updated a few of the buff formulas and I've meant to revisit checking/testing the rest but I just haven't had the time...  I'll make the changes for the next weeks cycle.  If you find any other's please post.  Thanks
1526540687

Edited 1526540759
As a many people have said, great work on the sheet. Not only have I been using it in any of my games, but I've been telling others that I know are running to use it as well. With that said, I have run into a problem that I didn't readily see the solution for on the sheet or through some googling/forum searching. I have a new player that decided to play Monk, I understand the flurry of blows and all that, but I can't seem to figure out how to enable the WIS bonus to AC and CMD that they get. I suppose I could just add the modifier in the misc sections, but I was wondering if it was automated somewhere, especially since they lose that bonus when they have a medium or heavy load. I've been trying to keep the amount each player needs to know off the top of their head as low as possible to get them in and then gradually teaching them some of the more in-depth rules. Thanks for any advice you have on this and if it's already been addressed...I blame lack of sleep edited so it doesn't hurt my sleep deprived eyes as much
1526543223
James W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
zerogt00 . said: I have a new player that decided to play Monk, I understand the flurry of blows and all that, but I can't seem to figure out how to enable the WIS bonus to AC and CMD that they get. You could add it as a Buff; just set the buff value to "@{WIS-mod}".
James W. said: zerogt00 . said: I have a new player that decided to play Monk, I understand the flurry of blows and all that, but I can't seem to figure out how to enable the WIS bonus to AC and CMD that they get. You could add it as a Buff; just set the buff value to "@{WIS-mod}". I think I'll end up doing that and reminding them that they don't get the bonus if they're medium load or higher or wearing armor.
1526617821

Edited 1526617966
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Isn't there a "secondary AC source" field in defenses? , NVM, not sure what I was thinking of.
Something small but I do not know enough about the macros to manually fix it myself. I imported a Nabasu demon from the compendium and everything looks fine at first glance however the sneak attack is funky. According to the special ability it is says 2D6 extra damage which is accurate according to the PDF I have. However when i roll any of the attacks it is rolling 5D6 for sneak attack damage. 
1526717344

Edited 1526717385
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
robert d. said: Something small but I do not know enough about the macros to manually fix it myself. I imported a Nabasu demon from the compendium and everything looks fine at first glance however the sneak attack is funky. According to the special ability it is says 2D6 extra damage which is accurate according to the PDF I have. However when i roll any of the attacks it is rolling 5D6 for sneak attack damage.  It looks like the parser just ignores the "+2d6" that comes directly after the text "Sneak Attack +2d6" found in the compendium's entry under the Special Attacks description and is just using the standard formula for sneak attack.  Thanks for catching this and I'll add it to our bug list. Workaround; manually change the formula under the Extra Damage or Attack modifiers section from [[[[floor((@{level}+1)/2)]]d6]] to [[2d6]]  I might even suggest changing it to a query ie [[ ?{sneak attack?|no,0 |yes,1}*2d6 ]]
Is there a way to make a macro to call a toggle menu for a creature's conditions or buffs, the way there is for a creature's attacks or whatnot? I don't see a button for them. I was hoping to make an easy-access macro for the quick bar to pull up a creature's conditions, rather than having to open the character sheet every single time a condition changes. If there isn't a way, provided it's not impossible to do with the character sheet programming, consider this a suggestion for a feature. In addition, a suggestion for a feature is a field to add the remaining rounds a given condition is in place, since 90% of situations where a condition is inflicted, the condition has an explicitly defined duration. If there's a way for me to feasibly do this myself using macros, I'd love if someone could give me a rundown of how. I'm trying to automate and streamline as much of the gameplay process as I can, because both I and the other GM in my game are severely struggling to keep track of all the variables in play.
1526769744
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
Not without an API script, since macros are read-only and cannot change attributes. There are API scripts(pro feature) that can change attributes using a macro.  Pathfinder Companion Script and  ChatSetAttr come to mind.  PFC can be used to sync conditions and buffs as well as handling ton of other great features on the PF Community sheet.  ChatSetAttr can be used to toggle buffs ie toggling a buff on row 0.(or better yet, substitute the rowID for $0) !setattr --sel --repeating_buff2_$0_enable_toggle|[[1-@{selected|repeating_buff2_$0_enable_toggle}]] CombatTracker  is a new-ish script that I believe can handle tracking durations through the tracker.  
1526775881

Edited 1526776320
Vince said: Not without an API script, since macros are read-only and cannot change attributes. There are API scripts(pro feature) that can change attributes using a macro.  Pathfinder Companion Script and  ChatSetAttr come to mind.  PFC can be used to sync conditions and buffs as well as handling ton of other great features on the PF Community sheet.  ChatSetAttr can be used to toggle buffs ie toggling a buff on row 0.(or better yet, substitute the rowID for $0) !setattr --sel --repeating_buff2_$0_enable_toggle|[[1-@{selected|repeating_buff2_$0_enable_toggle}]] CombatTracker  is a new-ish script that I believe can handle tracking durations through the tracker.   I see... Unfortunately, I can't afford to buy a subscription, and the other GM only has Plus. If he were to get a Pro subscription, would that give me access to it for this specific campaign, or is it strictly the owner of the Pro subscription?
Vince said: robert d. said: Something small but I do not know enough about the macros to manually fix it myself. I imported a Nabasu demon from the compendium and everything looks fine at first glance however the sneak attack is funky. According to the special ability it is says 2D6 extra damage which is accurate according to the PDF I have. However when i roll any of the attacks it is rolling 5D6 for sneak attack damage.  It looks like the parser just ignores the "+2d6" that comes directly after the text "Sneak Attack +2d6" found in the compendium's entry under the Special Attacks description and is just using the standard formula for sneak attack.  Thanks for catching this and I'll add it to our bug list. Workaround; manually change the formula under the Extra Damage or Attack modifiers section from [[[[floor((@{level}+1)/2)]]d6]] to [[2d6]]  I might even suggest changing it to a query ie [[ ?{sneak attack?|no,0 |yes,1}*2d6 ]] What you are saying makes sense to me I just do not see where to put it. Here is what the damage macro is saying. "[[ @{total-damage} ]] [Total] + @{toggle_damage_macro_insert} + @{damage-type_macro_insert} + @{toggle_global_damage_macro_insert}". Is the global damage macro what i should be replacing? There is also several parts talking about precision damage in the full macro but replacing those doesn't seem to change anything. I added what you gave me to the extra damage macro section and that gives me the rolls labeled as extra damage which works as a temporary fix. I do not see the attack modifies sections. That may be the missing link that i cant find to make the change you are suggesting. 
Whenever I put spellclass-0-spell-points-per-day as a token bar, the maximum field empties itself every time I refresh, regardless of what I do. Is there some way around that?
1526802332
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
Leafia B. said: Vince said: Not without an API script, since macros are read-only and cannot change attributes. There are API scripts(pro feature) that can change attributes using a macro.  Pathfinder Companion Script and  ChatSetAttr come to mind.  PFC can be used to sync conditions and buffs as well as handling ton of other great features on the PF Community sheet.  ChatSetAttr can be used to toggle buffs ie toggling a buff on row 0.(or better yet, substitute the rowID for $0) !setattr --sel --repeating_buff2_$0_enable_toggle|[[1-@{selected|repeating_buff2_$0_enable_toggle}]] CombatTracker  is a new-ish script that I believe can handle tracking durations through the tracker.   I see... Unfortunately, I can't afford to buy a subscription, and the other GM only has Plus. If he were to get a Pro subscription, would that give me access to it for this specific campaign, or is it strictly the owner of the Pro subscription? The game's creator/owner determines the features available.  
1526802928

Edited 1526804290
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
robert d. said: Vince said: robert d. said: Something small but I do not know enough about the macros to manually fix it myself. I imported a Nabasu demon from the compendium and everything looks fine at first glance however the sneak attack is funky. According to the special ability it is says 2D6 extra damage which is accurate according to the PDF I have. However when i roll any of the attacks it is rolling 5D6 for sneak attack damage.  It looks like the parser just ignores the "+2d6" that comes directly after the text "Sneak Attack +2d6" found in the compendium's entry under the Special Attacks description and is just using the standard formula for sneak attack.  Thanks for catching this and I'll add it to our bug list. Workaround; manually change the formula under the Extra Damage or Attack modifiers section from [[[[floor((@{level}+1)/2)]]d6]] to [[2d6]]  I might even suggest changing it to a query ie [[ ?{sneak attack?|no,0 |yes,1}*2d6 ]] What you are saying makes sense to me I just do not see where to put it. Here is what the damage macro is saying. "[[ @{total-damage} ]] [Total] + @{toggle_damage_macro_insert} + @{damage-type_macro_insert} + @{toggle_global_damage_macro_insert}". Is the global damage macro what i should be replacing? There is also several parts talking about precision damage in the full macro but replacing those doesn't seem to change anything. I added what you gave me to the extra damage macro section and that gives me the rolls labeled as extra damage which works as a temporary fix. I do not see the attack modifies sections. That may be the missing link that i cant find to make the change you are suggesting.  You shouldn't need to adjust any of the full macro-text. You can modify the "global" extra damage here; And/or you can apply extra damage/precision etc. per attack using the "Extra Dmg" sub-section of the particular attack. FYI: You can enable(reveal) additional sections on the sheet from Settings>Sheet Configuration>Advanced.  I always enable all three options.
1526804198
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
Leafia B. said: Whenever I put spellclass-0-spell-points-per-day as a token bar, the maximum field empties itself every time I refresh, regardless of what I do. Is there some way around that? I'm not able to reproduce... ;-( Just guessing; was everything set properly on your token settings before you set the token as the default?  ie Check that your spell points per day max is set on the sheet. Then on the token settings; make sure "Represents Character" is correct, then link each of your token bars, advanced settings, etc. before setting as Default token from journal settings.
1526930174

Edited 1526930824
Okay so i'm hoping there's an actual proper way, or just an easier way, to do this, and at least i'll have learned a lot about roll20's script shenanigans. There doesn't seem to be a "Grouped Skills" option, but there is a Background and Consolidated one. After some thinking, I came to the conclusion that I could get the same behaviour if I added 6 custom attributes (for "trained in a group" attribute of the 6 skill groups), and use the existing ranks as a "specialized skill" attribute. So I did what feels like a very silly and redundant equation that *should* work, but it doesn't *quite* work in practice. it's also super slow to recalculate because of how redundant it is. Here's the equation for "Acrobatics" as an example, these equations are put in the "Misc Macro" column of the skill page. "customa1-mod" is the custom attribute mentionned earlier representing "trained in Physical group" (there's 6 of these set up on the "Custom" page : 1,2,3,10,11,12) {floor((@{customa1-mod}+@{Acrobatics-ranks})*@{level}/2),ceil((@{customa1-mod}+@{Acrobatics-ranks})/2)}kh1-@{Acrobatics-ranks}+floor(((@{customa1-mod}+{{@{Acrobatics-ranks},1}<0})/2))*@{Acrobatics-cs} So, If I try one of these in a custom equation field on the custom page, it works well. Sometimes the sheet seems to not re-calculate something or not detect change, i'm guessing because there's quite a lot of calculations and attribute-getting here. If I try this in the chat, it works perfectly, never an error. Obviously, it's because it's always calculated entirely when the command is sent in chat, so it never gets stuck or forgets to re-calculate something. If I put one or a few of these on the Skills Page, it seems to work with a few issues, but if I put all of them, for every skill, then it breaks, let me elaborate : - Putting even one of these on the Skills page makes so that every time I hit "recalculate", I have to do it twice. The first time it shows the equation read and it doesn't work, the second time it works. - Obviously, putting one on every line makes the recalculating very slow, so even if it worked perfectly this seems horribly redundant and not very feasible in an actual game. - The main problem, now that I've tested it and it worked on a small scale, I've put one on every line and all the equation works EXCEPT it doesn't seem to apply the last part (the last part adds the class skill bonus if the skill is in a trained group. It doesn't add it if the skill is specialized, since this is represented with ranks, and a rank already applies the +3 bonus.) So i'm hoping either : someone can help me make this simpler, less nightmarish, slow and actually working, OR the Grouped Skills option is going to be added :P If neither, oh well, I'll just use normal skills + background, screw it. EDIT : I should maybe detail what the equation does, that's cruel of me : the rules of grouped skills remove the normal rank bonuses applied to skills, if the skill is in a trained group of specialized = 1/2 level bonus. If it's in BOTH, full level bonus. The class skill bonus applies if the skill is either in a trained group or specialised, or both. There's a lot of redundancy and accounting for the annoying cases like : if your level is 1, then the 1/2 bonus is 0.5 but should be minimum 1, and the full level bonus is 1. If your level is 3, then the half bonus is 1.5 rounded DOWN to 1, and the full bonus is (1.5+1.5)=3. Also, since i'm using ranks, I have to account for the bonuses it already gives and substract it from the equation. Just explaining this and looking at what I did is making me feel ashamed.