Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Only spells you are going to use should be added. Adding an item to a repeating section adds attributes to the sheet, which slows it down. There is no way around this.
Philo S. said: (first time using this sheet) I'm building a cleric and adding the spells takes a very long time, and causes the page to hang for a minuet or two with dropping in from compendium. The more spells I add the worse it gets and I'm only making a level 1 cleric.   Yeah, this is the problem with Clerics or Druids.  You can't add everything.  I add ONLY those spells I know I'm going to cast in combat when we're trying to keep things flowing quickly.  Other than that... all the divination, a lot of the buffs, etc. I just make an out-of-sheet macro with a link to an SRD.  
Issue: Sheet is borked. I last had used the sheet from this game about a month ago, and was going to update some stuff before we resume sessions this year. Trying to use any of the rolls from the sheet results in a slew of error messages, with a few excerpts popping up into chat. Example output from the generic spell template No attribute was found for @{Eda|PC-whisper} No attribute was found for @{Eda|toggle_spell_accessible} No attribute was found for @{Eda|toggle_rounded_flag} No attribute was found for @{Eda|apply_specfont_chat} No attribute was found for @{Eda|use_specfont} No attribute was found for @{Eda|rolltemplate_color} No attribute was found for @{Eda|header_image-pf_generic} No attribute was found for @{Eda|spellclass-0-name} No attribute was found for @{Eda|spellclass-0-level} No attribute was found for @{Eda|spellclass-0-level-total} No attribute was found for @{Eda|spellclass-0-SP-mod} No attribute was found for @{Eda|CasterLevel-0-note} SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "E" found. No attribute was found for @{Eda|STR-check-macro-text} Eda: Eda|STR-check-macro-text No attribute was found for @{Eda|STR-check-macro-text} Eda: Eda|STR-check-macro-text No attribute was found for @{Eda|pf_spell_example} Eda: Eda|pf_spell_example No attribute was found for @{Eda|pf_ability_example} Eda: Eda|pf_ability_example No attribute was found for @{Eda|pf_spell_example} Eda: Eda|pf_spell_example Things in bold were outputted to chat. The sheet worked normally when I last used it, and I had not made any noteable changes in the interim.

Edited 1515114729
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
This sounds similar to what Alex experienced ( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5905006/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5905006/</a> )&nbsp; Is this only happening with one character and only on one page of the game?&nbsp; Has the game been rolled back or copied, was this character duplicated?&nbsp; Just trying to determine what's up.
Leigh M. said: I have a friend that tried the new Hero Lab exporter on their OSX (Apple) and they said it crashes Hero Labs. He sent me the Hero Lab file (.por) and it loaded and exported on my Windows machine fine. Has anyone tried it on OSX? I have used it on &gt;10 characters without a problem but I am hesitant to update the wiki until I know it works on Mac. I have OSX, and it does indeed crash my Hero Lab without fail every single time, regardless of character, class, whether it's just a monster or even just a single class level. Too bad though, I would LOVE to have something simpler than the current JSON copy over, especially one that allows input of equipment, attacks, spells, etc. Lately I have almost more been using the Statblock Output feature of Hero Lab and copying it into the handy NPC parser.&nbsp;
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Johnathan A. said: I have OSX, and it does indeed crash my Hero Lab without fail every single time, regardless of character, class, whether it's just a monster or even just a single class level. You may wish to engage Wolf Lair's customer support to see if they can identify what's causing the crash; be sure to give them the link to the module, and that no one's reported it failing on Windows.
Johnathan A. said: I have OSX, and it does indeed crash my Hero Lab without fail every single time, regardless of character, class, whether it's just a monster or even just a single class level. Too bad though, I would LOVE to have something simpler than the current JSON copy over, especially one that allows input of equipment, attacks, spells, etc. Lately I have almost more been using the Statblock Output feature of Hero Lab and copying it into the handy NPC parser.&nbsp; Thank you for taking the time to report this. Since the exporter is running just a script, the hard crash must be on their end. I will contact them and see if they can check it out.

Edited 1515195192
Vince said: This sounds similar to what Alex experienced ( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5905006/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5905006/</a> )&nbsp; Is this only happening with one character and only on one page of the game?&nbsp; Has the game been rolled back or copied, was this character duplicated?&nbsp; Just trying to determine what's up. Character has not been duplicated, and the game hasn't been rolled back or copied, to the best of my knowledge. So far as I know, the only thing I know that's happened is we've not played for about a month, and when we came, stuff stopped working.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Tarreb.&nbsp; So is this happening to all the characters in the game?
Vince said: Thanks Tarreb.&nbsp; So is this happening to all the characters in the game? It isn't happening with a person who made a new sheet, but it does seem to be occuring with the rest. After spending some time poking around, it looks like all of the macro fields in the attributes page got blanked, and aren't repopulating with recalculation.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm not sure what has happened...&nbsp; As a precaution, the GM should make duplicate of any problem characters and create a backup of characters using the character vault.&nbsp; Would you mind importing a problem character into our pf sheet&nbsp; beta game ?&nbsp; It might help us solve the problem.&nbsp; Thanks 1. Import your character using the Character Vault feature to the&nbsp; beta site (you will need to wait for permission to be set by a GM, we usually check the beta daily depending on updates and will assign "All players" if we notice imported characters.) and test it with the new features.
Would it be possible to have a forum just for the Pathfinder character sheet? Whenever I search for something it comes up in this thread but then I have to walk the whole thread.

Edited 1515387775
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Tarreb said: It isn't happening with a person who made a new sheet, but it does seem to be occuring with the rest. After spending some time poking around, it looks like all of the macro fields in the attributes page got blanked, and aren't repopulating with recalculation. when was the last time you logged in to use these characters? those are not fields we normally write to, but most of those were added a few months ago
Our group has started using the Pathfinder sheets comparatively recently (I am co-GM) and we are finding that when we use sheet rolls for attacks, it seems to be rolling extra attack and damage dice, even on normal attacks.&nbsp; However, it's only picking one of them to use for the result.&nbsp; Is this intentional?&nbsp; I have some familiarity with the PF game system and I don't recall that being a thing.&nbsp;&nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The PF sheet(and other's ) makes multiple rolls once the sheet roll is executed.&nbsp; It only displays the rolls that apply and hides the other.&nbsp; ie if a crit_confirm, crit_damage.&nbsp; People only notice this if they are using 3d dice.&nbsp; I love having 3d dice, but to be honest, they rarely work well as expected with roll templates that contain multiple rolls nested within hide/show conditions.&nbsp; ;-(
Is there any way to make the ability section more like spells, like for Bardic Performance? (i.e. I love how under the "Spells" tab there is a "Spells / Day" table that shows the max number of spells per day and totals up the number of spells used. I would like something like that, where all the Bardic Performance rounds are totaled up, for the "Abilities" tab)

Edited 1515795470
Is there a way to make a Buff that gives a bonus to a specific skill (Stealth in this case) instead of all of them or all of a ability type?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Roivan said: Is there a way to make a Buff that gives a bonus to a specific skill (Stealth in this case) instead of all of them or all of a ability type? It requires a little workaround, but yes, you can. Apply the buff to one of the custom attributes, then add that custom attribute to any skill that you want the buff to apply to.
Hrm. It looks like the Shaken condition is missing? Or is there something I'm forgetting? I didn't see it on a list of known issues, but that doesn't mean I'm not missing something important! :)
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Shaken is covered under the generic fear effect. All fear effects have the same mechanical effect on the character, it's the effect it has on the decisions that character can make that changes.
Oh, okay. I get that from a mechanics perspective, but doesn't that seem like a usability problem? You've got a list of 21 conditions; assuming that the user will individually read and then parse each of the options is almost always a bad assumption. (In my experience, people usually stop reading a list after 3 or 4 items.) I was sitting here skimming the list looking for "shaken" and not seeing it and I resorted to "find in page" looking for shaken and nothing was coming up. :(
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alex said: I was sitting here skimming the list looking for "shaken" and not seeing it and I resorted to "find in page" looking for shaken and nothing was coming up. :( The Condition you're looking for is labelled "Fear (any)", because all levels of Fear effects apply the same mechanical effects, as far as stats are concerned; the only difference is if/how you run away.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
While not as intuitive as having 3 levels of fear conditions, 2 of which have no effect on the sheet... the "Fear (any)" option does include hover text like all the contiions to help explain what the condition does "Shaken/Frightened/Panicked: -2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks"
Vince said: While not as intuitive as having 3 levels of fear conditions, 2 of which have no effect on the sheet... the "Fear (any)" option does include hover text like all the contiions to help explain what the condition does "Shaken/Frightened/Panicked: -2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks" This isn't really the most intuitive of choices. Why not just label it with the expected game terms "Shaken/Frightened/Panicked"? Not every player knows off the top of their head that they're all levels of fear, and they just expect to find these individual conditions in the list just like all other conditions, rather than having to search for something other than the condition name. If desired, the hover text could be modified to something like "-2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks; if frightened must also flee; if panicked must also drop items and flee."

Edited 1515860177
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
And that's why I led my reply above with "While not as intuitive..."&nbsp; ;-P I like your idea of perhaps changing the name of "Fear (any)" to&nbsp;"Shaken/Frightened/Panicked".&nbsp; We try to minimize the amount of rules text included on the sheet, specifically things that do not affect the sheet per se.&nbsp; edit: I think I've personally broken this rule in many places on the sheet though...&nbsp; Good suggestions.&nbsp; This has been added to our future enhancements list as "low lying fruit".
@Joe and @Vince Thanks guys! That sounds marvelous. @James and @Scott: While that is certainly true , that doesn't mean that that helps players find it. It just seems like a mismatch between how people use the sheet and how that part of the sheet was designed. Naming each of the conditions should help a lot, though. And since you've told me, I at least can help my group find it. We all struck out looking for it, we were 0/6!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Since some of us have been involved with the sheet so much over time, it's easy to overlook the little things.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Elizabeth,see my response to that question for the method for handling these buffs
If they made buffs able to target every skill, it would vastly increase the number of attributes which would greatly increase the sheet lag, as they'd need at least 1 attribute increase for every skill (if not more). It is better to instead use Scott's workaround or to use one I mentioned earlier in this thread, which is more complicated, but if you are using a lot of custom fields, saves you them.
Would it be possible to add a quick buff named "Advanced template CR +1" that would apply +2 on all rolls (including atk rolls) and special abilities DCs, +4 AC and CMD, +2 hp/HD ?&nbsp; It would be very handy to use when you want to give the Advanced CR +1 Simple Template to a monster made with the pfc&nbsp; script (or made manually).

Edited 1516204268
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Mat, this functionality is already in the sheet. On the NPC tab at the top right there is a drop down for templates. It contains the following templates: Note that you should make a copy of the character before applying templates as most of them cannot be turned off. EDIT: Also, how is the PFC import functionality working for you?
oh wow, wonderful! thanks a lot.&nbsp; As for pfc, the import feature has been working great except for the billion of error when moving non-character sheet tokens, but I think you are already aware :)&nbsp; &nbsp;I guess my problem was related to some 3.5 to PF conversion I must have done wrong.
Hi, I was just wondering if there are any plans in the future to make an animal companion/familiar tab? It would be amazing if there were a tab for them, kind of like the NPC tab except you can input stuff. I know I can make a separate sheet for them, but it would be nice if it was all on the same sheet. I hope I'm not bothering you too much to ask about this, I went a few pages back to see if someone had asked the question, but not through all 25 pages, so I'm sorry if I'm asking the same question as someone else.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
People have asked for it. It would only be useful for non combat pets and familiars, since you'd still have a separate token (and sheet) necessary. The main issue is the 1000+ new fields which will affect the sheet's speed (it seems like a small number in theory but every field ends up having a ton behind it, especially for familiars whose skill ranks are based on the PC skill ranks, etc) though we haven't thrown out the idea, it's just in a list. just not sure how to implement it.
I don't know if this is by design or a bug I can't get rid of. It works for abilities that have a certain number of uses per day but on ALL of those I have the frequency set to N/A. I'm at a loss...

Edited 1516552905
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@CJ Abilities showing "0/0" or "0" regardless if frequency is set as N/A has been mentioned before.&nbsp; I'll add it as a bug.&nbsp; Thanks&nbsp;&nbsp;
So, I'm trying to make an attack macro for someone with three or more natural attacks, but when I try to use the dual wield option, I just can't seem to get it to look right, or I have to fanagle it. And I have no idea if I can get it to work with 3 kinds of natural attacks. Is there any way around this, or will it be rather complicated.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
It'smmore work than the dual wield automation, but is doable. Heading to bed, but I'll post the details in the morning.

Edited 1516730500
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yes dual wield won't help with that, we have in our list of requests a way to automatic full attacks, to group up attacks into one "full attack" so you only have to press one button. But&nbsp;right now when it parses monsters it uses the "group" field under Misc to display full attacks, and creates groups "full attack 0", "full attack 1", "full attack 2" etc, and you have to press each attack separately to resolve them. to group all under one button/attack row&nbsp; you'd have to do it similarly to how the dual wield works, where it just references data in other rows. this involves editing each macro for each iterative individually (if you press "show macros for customization" on the settings page) maybe Scott will say how he does it. generally i THINK this is how you would do it: if your full attack is&nbsp; attack1 (weapon or natural) attack2 (natural) attack3 (natural) and you have attack1, attack2, and attack3 already created. make a copy of attack1 call it Full Attack if attack1 was a 1.5 STR to damage attack and a natural attack, change it to 1.0 str set all the attack bonuses for each iterative to 0 (since they are natural and don't change) create a dual wield of attack1 and attack2 copy the dual wield iterative2 macro to iterative2 of Full Attack. if attack2 was a 1.5 STR to damage attack, change it to 1.0 STR to damage by subtracting .5 STR in the damage section (also in the crit damage section) delete that dual wield attack create another dual wield attack of attack1 and attack3 copy dual wield iterative2 macro to iterative3 of Full Attack if attack3 was a 1.5 STR to damage attack, change it to 1.0 STR to damage by subtracting .5 STR in the damage section (also in the crit damage section) delete the dual wield attack adjust the attack adjustment for the iteratives from 0 to -2 or -5 if necessary finally check the checkbox at left of the iteratives to "turn them on" if you want to add in power attack and such, it should still work if you've already set that up in the referenced attack rows. Because it only references the values from the other rows, it doesn't actually copy the values over. (except for attack1 , the way I wrote it above. there is a way to reference attack1 as well instead of copying it but then it gets even more complicated) edit: i forgot to add, when you copy the iterative you have to add "repeating_weapon_XYZ_" before references to other things in the row. where XYZ is the "row id" for the attack2, and attack3, that you are copying from. for instance in the iterative 2 macro, a reference to @{attack_macro} should change to @{repeating_weapon_attack2id_attack_macro}"
Thank you very much. That should work for what I need.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I added a note at the bottom under "Edit" i forgot to mention you have to add the id of the row you are copying from in all references in the macro
I had been using this sheet without issue for a few days now but suddenly, today, I try and edit a sheet and suddenly none of the values update. I've made a whole new game with this sheet, none of them update. The recalculation button for both the whole sheet and the health just says it's recalculating indefinitely for as long as I let it go without anything changing, and it says the version number is 0. I made sure the default settings are checked as recommended, am I being an idiot or is there suddenly something wrong with the sheet? The pathfinder simple sheet worked perfectly fine in the test game I made but no matter what I do I can no longer get this sheet to work in either the original game I was using it for or the new test game. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited 1516738457
I'm having a problem with my sheet in a game I'm in. The sheet wont recalculate or allow me to set my armor, or recalculate values when I apply a buff.
Is it all values or only the ones specified? If it won't even let you set the base ability scores you may be having the same problem as me.
Oh thank god I'm not the only one! My sheet is also unresponsive to changes and the recalc button doesn't seem to do anything. Seems to have happened very recently, as it was working fine yesterday.

Edited 1516739081
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
sorry, i will ask them to revert I put in a PR to just revert the update&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>...
My sheet says it's&nbsp; v1.71, but it seems to be the same as you. When I manually change my core stats the auto calculated fields don't change. It recalculates endlessly just like you said.
When will the reversion go through?
Reversion?