Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

Edited 1493054442
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
CB said: It has been a couple of months since I last ran a game at Roll20 so I was pleased to see that a lot of updates have been done.  So I am in the process of seeing what broke and needs to be fixed on the large number of character sheets in my campaign.  One thing that is bugging me is that when I tried to call on the Abilities radio button as a token action (so that the relevant sheet does not need to be open), it is not working. All I wrote in the token action was %{selected|abilities}. That alone should have displayed the list of abilities on the chat screen.  Instead, all I got was selected|abilities as the output.  I tried @{selected|abilities} and it does not work either, stating that "No attribute could be found for @{selected|abilities}."  This is not with an older character sheet, it is a brand new character sheet that I started from scratch (since I figured I would have to start all over again for the base sheets for each monster type). The radio button from within the sheet works fine, so I do not know where the problem is.  And currently the sheet's configuration is not set to NPC.  Although I tried that too and it did not work either. Thoughts? **Update:** Apparently, while keeping the sheet as PC, but changing the token action to %{selected|npc-abilities}, it does display the buttons on the chat screen but it does so as a public roll (even if you have the sheet configured to do rolls as whispers for both pc and monsters/npc), with the title indicating that it is NPC Abilities.  This gets weirder and weirder. **Update 2:** O.k., out of curiosity, I started trying various radio buttons in the token action, with both PC and Monster/NPC rolls set to roll as whispers to the GM.  So here are the results: %{selected|abilities} or @{selected}abilities} does not work. %{selected|attacks} or @{selected|attacks} does not work. %{selected|defenses} works (shows up as whisper). %{selected|skills} works (but shows up as public). %{selected}ability_checks} works (shows up as whisper) %{selected|Roll-for-initiative} works (but shows up as public) %{selected|combat_skills} work (shows up as whisper) %{selected|items} works (I think; it does show up as a whisper but states "None," presumably because that sheet has no items entered in the inventory yet). **Update 3:**  O.k., I tried the above across multiple character sheets, same issue.  Bug somewhere? I found a lot of these so i should get them in before Phil does the update this week. One Note: the whisper /public refers only to the individual buttons inside the menus. The menus themselves should whisper to the character (so only the one player sees them, unless they are controlling more than one). (It seems that as GM you'll still see the whisper to the character if there is no user set to control it, so this works out ) As you note certain menus are public which they should not be. almost go them all though. 

Edited 1493061551
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
New build v1.43 submitted Pull Request: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... spell DCs (in rows) now update when the casting ability mod changes Recalc no longer resets "Use seperate ability for AC and CMD" Value total in equip list correctly assesses ammo (if you have "max qty" filled in, value is treated as value for whole group) Abilities menu now whispering correctly Skills menu now correctly displays bonus Adventure / Background menus working Some updates to HTML to hopefully fix locking sorry so busy with fixes (and my day job) could not get sanity in this week's build
Hey, chris b.? &nbsp;Thanks for all of your work. &nbsp;Thank you, all of you devs who keep working on this thing, polling for improvement ideas, testing, and squashing bugs. &nbsp;It's much appreciated. &nbsp;
Hopefully the buttons menus will be working properly for token actions before the weekend. &nbsp;:)
Hello, Sorry if this question has been asked before, but the search feature is pretty terrible :( What's the best way to implement Manyshot using the Pathfinder sheet ? Thanks!

Edited 1493224594
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'd put the 2nd arrow damage in the "extra non crit damage" field, and in the type "2nd arrow" or something put the damage in with brackets around like this: &nbsp;[[1d6]] &nbsp;for normal bows or [[1d6+ {@{STR-mod},2}kl1]] &nbsp;if using a composite bow with 2 rating, etc. That way it is added to the damage, but will not count towards your crit damage. Also it will be in a separate line, making it easy to deduct DR if applicable.
Is there a way to use metamagic Empower on your attacks with the *1,5 method? I need this for my kineticist.
chris b. said: New build v1.43 submitted Value total in equip list correctly assesses ammo (if you have "max qty" filled in, value is treated as value for whole group) This one doesn't seem to be working still. I created a new campaign to test it out, and it still seems to multiply the value with the quantity, even though max is listed.

Edited 1493323262
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
[value] doesn't seem to be working still. I created a new campaign to test it out, and it still seems to multiply the value with the quantity, even though max is listed. augh you're right,... ok .. after looking into it ... &nbsp;if you hit the "recalc" button at upper left, it appears to give the correct calculation. just not if you update the row , then it uses the old one. so for this week hit recalc.

Edited 1493323210
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Arne H. said: Is there a way to use metamagic Empower on your attacks with the *1,5 method? I need this for my kineticist. you can edit the damage field to add the extra dice, under the Attack and Damage section regular burning hands (max 5 dice): [[[[{@{casterlevel},5}kl1]]d4]] empowered: [[[[floor(1.5*{@{casterlevel},5}kl1)]]d4]] with query:[[[[floor(?{empower|Y,1.5|N,1}*{@{casterlevel},5}kl1)]]d4]] you'll want to make a separate entry for the metamagic version if you use the spells prepared totals (if metamagic causes the spell to have a different spell level) (see how the slot is 3, but level is 1)
Hm, the attacks and abilities menu buttons are not still working as token actions (not sure if a fix has been implemented yet or not). &nbsp;They still work inside the sheet (which is fine for a player who only has to control 1 character). CB
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Strange, although it seems you can't create a token action directly with %{selected|attacks} or %{selected|attacks}, you can create a macro from the sidebar and use "Show as token action?" and now the token action works...

Edited 1493365173
CB
Pro
Huh . &nbsp;That does work. &nbsp; *raised eyebrow* &nbsp;Er, I guess I could use that in the meantime? &nbsp;I totally forgot about creating macros from the sidebar and using the "Show as token action" option. &nbsp;I think I can use that for my players as well in the meantime (by making it visible to all players), I just have to make sure that I edit the macro for the individual attacks as well (not expecting any changes in the customized macros I previously did for their attacks but the updates to Version 1.0 might have shaken something loose). Thanks, Vince! CB
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
wow that is weird, we'll see what we can do augh!
@Chris: did you do something to the sheets today? &nbsp;I just tested the %{selected|attacks} and %{selected|abilities} as token actions for a new character sheet AND an older character, and they WORK! :)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Must have been Gremlins Goblins... &nbsp;;-)
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Note sure of this has been reported before but for my Sorcerer, a Spontaneous spell caster, the field # Used is not automatically updating when I use a spell and thus the Spells\Day field still showing my maximum allotment. I have been entering the # Used for each individual spell yet the totals do not calculate. Am I doing something wrong or missing something here or is this a bug? I have dobe a recalc and that did nto help either. It is happenign for all fo my Spontaneous casters.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mike W. said: Note sure of this has been reported before but for my Sorcerer, a Spontaneous spell caster, the field # Used is not automatically updating when I use a spell and thus the Spells\Day field still showing my maximum allotment. thanks we just fixed it and it should be available in the next build
any suggestions on grit?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Make an ability called grit?

Edited 1493488181
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There are also extra custom fields on the Notes page that can be used to create pools of points for different classes. These can be used in the token bars too (unlike entries in variable lists)
chris b. said: There are also extra custom fields on the Notes page that can be used to create pools of points for different classes. These can be used in the token bars too (unlike entries in variable lists) Yeah, this is what I do for Panache. &nbsp;You just have to mouseover to see what the name is on the sheet, then have that attached to one of your token bars. &nbsp;Sure, it's not on your Core page, but you can keep it updated on your token and if you code it right it'll adjust with changes to Cha/Wis/whatever. &nbsp;

Edited 1493509875
Inside the classes and levels box, the button to expand the second class seems to be broken. Whenever you hover over it the textbox saying "expand to see more class rows" appears, however the colour doesn't change and it's not actually clickable. the tabs can be opened by adding a checked="checked" attribute to the input type tags but from my quick glance i couldn't see why the button itself didn't work
Arrows to left side of class grid aren't all working. &nbsp; Using Chrome for Mac (Version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit)). I've got 3 classes currently, and need to add a 4th, but the arrow next to the 3rd class is not responding, no matter where I click. &nbsp;It doesn't highlight onMouseOver or roll down onClick. &nbsp;Ditto the arrow next to the 2nd class. &nbsp;The arrow next to the 1st class works without issue, however.

Edited 1493556598
Jason H.
KS Backer
The Buffs aren't adding/subtracting either attack or damage. &nbsp;Not to the Attack and Combat Maneuver Bonuses area nor to the specific attacks. &nbsp;Skill checks, attributes, saves, AC and CMD all work fine from what I see, but no attack and damage numbers are being modified properly. So if I create a Haste buff and check Enabled, it will properly modify the AC, Touch, CMD, and Reflex numbers but not melee or ranged. &nbsp;Likewise if I create a Divine Favor buff and check Enabled, melee, ranged, and damage numbers remain the same.
Is there a way to make the spellbook button list just the spell levels? &nbsp;I'm playing a cleric and even at low level my spellbook is huge. &nbsp;I love the spellbook button but it would be great if it could list the spell levels and then I could click whatever level I wanted to look through so I would get a list of just that one level. &nbsp;Hope this makes sense and thanks for any help.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
the buttons to the left of the class list are fixed in beta and the fix will come out this week.&nbsp; i'll look into the melee, ranged, damage buffs
Ruby said: Is there a way to make the spellbook button list just the spell levels? &nbsp;I'm playing a cleric and even at low level my spellbook is huge. &nbsp;I love the spellbook button but it would be great if it could list the spell levels and then I could click whatever level I wanted to look through so I would get a list of just that one level. &nbsp;Hope this makes sense and thanks for any help. You've got to be careful playing a divine prepared caster: the more spells you add on to the sheet, the slower the sheet gets. &nbsp;I got to a point with my druid where I only added on spells I was sure I was going to use in combat to keep the flow going. &nbsp;Otherwise I'd just send a link in chat and let the GM read it. &nbsp; Something that may help you: click the button to show only prepared or memorized spells. &nbsp;That way you'll only see what you've got available when you hit the button. &nbsp;
Joshua F. said: Ruby said: Is there a way to make the spellbook button list just the spell levels? &nbsp;I'm playing a cleric and even at low level my spellbook is huge. &nbsp;I love the spellbook button but it would be great if it could list the spell levels and then I could click whatever level I wanted to look through so I would get a list of just that one level. &nbsp;Hope this makes sense and thanks for any help. You've got to be careful playing a divine prepared caster: the more spells you add on to the sheet, the slower the sheet gets. &nbsp;I got to a point with my druid where I only added on spells I was sure I was going to use in combat to keep the flow going. &nbsp;Otherwise I'd just send a link in chat and let the GM read it. &nbsp; Something that may help you: click the button to show only prepared or memorized spells. &nbsp;That way you'll only see what you've got available when you hit the button. &nbsp; Thanks Joshua. &nbsp;I will weed out my spell list and using the prepared spell button is a great idea.

Edited 1493754718
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pathfinder v1.5 &nbsp;uploaded PR sent in, Roll20 usually releases on wednesdays. &nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... When your sheet says "1.5" you should see the following: New Setting: SETUP DUAL WIELD enable on Settings page to display new fields just above Attacks list. New Setting: Horror Adventures enable on Settings page to display Sanity on Defenses page below saves. Spells per day totals: removed "-prepared" field. Now totals spells in "spells-per-day" and "spells-per-day|max" for both spontaneous and prepared casters. Bug fixes to: Expand all for Screenreader users Value and weight totals for equipment list Spells per day Arrows to left of class grid Attack links to spells, abilities, items, and other attacks Example of dual wield: char with Two Weapon Fighting (penalty -4 -4) , with BAB 6 (2 attacks), wielding a short sword and dagger: the two weapons: And the resulting attack and example of a roll.&nbsp; You can see the ids of the two attacks that build it, and the -4 , -4 penalty applied. If you update the 2 weapons, the "Dual wield" attack will update. If BAB updates, the attack will update on it's own. You can only update Name or the "iterative" (the attack) name, anything else will be overwritten. note: DO NOT TOUCH THE ATTACK DROPDOWN in a later release we'll just hide things you should not update. this says "Beta" on the feature and we need your feedback to finalize it.
Ability damage/penalty seems to have a rounding error. E.g. Str 18 damage 4 yields Str 18 (ok...) Str-mod 2 (definitely OK) But Str 18 damage 9 yields Str-mod 0 (should be -1) I'm also not convinced that encumbrance is calculated according to damaged Str. Encumbrance uses the actual Str value, not the Str modifier in a formula so if it is still considered 18... I don't have anything else in mind that would use ability value instead of corresponding modifier but if there's anything it could also be affected. (well... guess drowning rules do but they are not implemented on the sheet, are they?)

Edited 1493818796
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Ability mod calculations are correct according to RAW. "For every 2 points of damage you take to a single ability, apply a –1 penalty to skills and statistics listed with the relevant ability."&nbsp; Encumbrance; are you seeing a change to carrying capacities on the sheet when you take STR damage? &nbsp;I'm not seeing any change... Drowning; I suppose we could add a "Drowning" condition that would reduce HP to "0" and "Unconscious" could toggle "Helpless" and reduce HP to &nbsp;"-1". &nbsp;Most of the rules involved with drowning don't really take place on the sheet. (# of rounds one can hold their breath, drowning DC per round, etc. ) &nbsp;I'll add it to sheet suggestions. &nbsp;Thanks.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
there is a notes page where you can easily add custom calculations if you need drowning for the campaign, or other similar but rare complicated calculations.&nbsp; In fact, maybe adding them en masse to a set of character sheets is something we could add to the coming API Companion.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'll add it to the list of things to work on :)

Edited 1493867282
encountering an issue with the classes and levels section: the dropdown button to add more classes isn't responding and I can't add a third class (It works for the second class but after that the button is there but unresponsive). Other people in my playgroup got this issue as well when they tested it. Any ideas? maybe a workaround?

Edited 1493868650
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
AthenStripes said: encountering an issue with the classes and levels section: the dropdown button to add more classes isn't responding and I can't add a third class (It works for the second class but after that the button is there but unresponsive). Other people in my playgroup got this issue as well when they tested it. Any ideas? maybe a workaround? It's a known issue, reported a few posts up. Chris and Vince already have a fix released in v1.5.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
This was brought up last week and is fixed with the v1.5 release which we should see live tomorrow. &nbsp;(a clunky workaround tonight if needed:<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4977632/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4977632/</a>)

Edited 1493938643
Jason H.
KS Backer
I'm sorry if you already know this, but still under 1.5, going into "&gt; Set Buffs", creating a buff that affects attack and damage, and then checking the Enabled box does not affect any of the values under the Attacks tab, nor does it affect the buffs summary box over "&gt; Set Buffs".
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hmm. &nbsp;It's seems to be working for me... &nbsp; Have you tried recalc, and can you tell if the other sheet calcs are working? &nbsp;Is this on one character or are you seeing it on all characters?

Edited 1493989594
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A couple people reported melee attack buff doesn't work but I can't reproduce it
Vince said: This was brought up last week and is fixed with the v1.5 release which we should see live tomorrow. &nbsp;(a clunky workaround tonight if needed: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4977632/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4977632/</a> ) Awesome, Thanks!&nbsp;
The gremlins are back. &nbsp;I am having the same problems again with the %{selected|attacks} and %{selected|abilities} as token actions, and this time it works with some character sheets while not working for other sheets. &nbsp;They still work from within the sheets though. &nbsp;I'm flabbergasted at this point. &nbsp;*dizzy headaches*
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
CB, what are you naming your character abilities to use these? If you name them the same as the ability you are calling, it is random chance which ability will be put first in the list of abilities, and so the parser gets confused.
O.k., I figured out the mystery, and it might make you cry. &nbsp;With laughter or sadness, take your pick. On the character sheet, under the Attributes and Abilities tab, I created a token action for the %{selected|attacks} macro. &nbsp;The name that I gave for the token action was Attacks . &nbsp;Every time I clicked on the token action itself from the token, the chat display simply reads %{selected|attacks} . &nbsp;While looking at another character sheet with the same token action where it actually worked, I wondered why the hell one worked and the other did not? &nbsp;So I went step by step, looking at what was different. &nbsp;In every respect that I could see, they were identical. &nbsp;At this point, my eyes were bleeding and I was almost crying. Then I noticed something different between the two character sheets that I thought "Nah, it would be absolutely stupid if that is the bloody reason why one works and the other doesn't." &nbsp;But still, I thought "Oh what the hell, might as well test that theory - I literally have nothing else to lose." &nbsp;What did I do? &nbsp;I changed a single letter. &nbsp;On the name of the token action itself. &nbsp; AND. &nbsp;IT. &nbsp;WORKED. &nbsp;:O You see, on the character sheet where the token action was not working, the name of that token action was Attacks . &nbsp;On the character sheet where the token action did work, the name of that token action was Attack . &nbsp;It was that bloody simple. &nbsp;No lie, I tested it. &nbsp;Repeatedly. &nbsp;And I wept. Why the name of the token action itself interferes with the token action, I have absolutely no idea. &nbsp;It just does. &nbsp;And the same thing goes for %{selected|abilities}. &nbsp;I had the token name as Abilities, and it never worked. &nbsp;I changed the token name to Ability, and it worked. &nbsp;Perfectly. Now, excuse me while I am going to go curl up on the sofa and mourn the loss of hours I spent trying to figure this madness. &nbsp;I have stared far too long in the Abyss, and it has shown me the depths of my failure from a single letter. &nbsp; *SIGH* CB

Edited 1494022561
CB
Pro
Scott C. said: CB, what are you naming your character abilities to use these? If you name them the same as the ability you are calling, it is random chance which ability will be put first in the list of abilities, and so the parser gets confused. Scott....*sigh* &nbsp;I could have truly used that wisdom earlier . &nbsp; *shuffles away in shame*
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
wow i didn't even know that.... &nbsp; i thought there'd be a way to pick..
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yeah, that'd be nice :). Also, I said random chance, but, it's really more like it might work for a bit, but it will fail.
Hmm, looks like iterative attacks after the third is bugged, tested up to 7 attacks, same bug:
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Works for me... &nbsp;Are you including any extra damage or attack macros? &nbsp;Anything other than the default macro-text? &nbsp;If so, make sure to include a space after "[[ " and before " ]]" (double brackets) of any inline rolls. &nbsp;ie [[ 1d6+1 ]][fire] Sometimes not having the extra space leads to the roll template failing to execute the inline roll and it spits out the macro instead.
Aah, thanks, first time I have encountered that peculiarity.