Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

I've tried looking through but there are so many pages I figured I would just ask, I am using a custom Number attribute to create a Bardic Performance rounds per day tracker, but how can I have every performance in my Class Features to count down against the same pool? Sorry for probably a silly question, but just added the API yesterday and trying to get acquainted enough to get my group to adopt instead of the Google Doc autosheet.
As a heads up we're using the community sheet which I believe you are the author of and we've recently encountered a strange error where the rolls are not working for Attack Rolls, it makes the sound as if they'd rolled but it does not roll them or show that they've been rolled.

Edited 1621579591
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Jason H. said: Had high hopes for a second, but using min((floor(@{class-1-level}/4)+@{repeating_weapon_$0_enhance}),5) the bonus shows "0" again.  Thanks for the suggestion, though. Joe B. said: Instead of using {,}kl1, try using min(,): min((floor(@{class-1-level}/4)+@{repeating_weapon_$0_enhance}),5) Different fields need one or the other, but I'll admit I've never tried very hard to figure out which needs which. -Joe Try using the weapon's row_id instead of a generic row number "$0". {(floor(@{class-1-level}/4)+@{repeating_weapon_-koo8kgxky8nshjt4oxx_enhance}),5}kl1 or min((floor(@{class-1-level}/4)+@{repeating_weapon_-koo8kgxky8nshjt4oxx_enhance}),5) The sheet has code for macro-text inputs(a) that can convert kl1/kh1 logic to min() / max().  There's a key in the footer of the sheet that should help explain the four types on macro-text fields used on the sheet.  Each needs special handling/syntax depending on if it's handled "on-sheet" or "in-chat".

Edited 1621579700
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Roseilla V. said: As a heads up we're using the community sheet which I believe you are the author of and we've recently encountered a strange error where the rolls are not working for Attack Rolls, it makes the sound as if they'd rolled but it does not roll them or show that they've been rolled. Seems there is a roll20 issue at the moment that is affecting the Community sheet as well as others.&nbsp; Hopefully it will get resolved soon.&nbsp; I submitted a bug report here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10101237/pf-community-sheet-pf-attack-roll-template-is-no-longer-working-dot-dot-dot" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10101237/pf-community-sheet-pf-attack-roll-template-is-no-longer-working-dot-dot-dot</a>
Just giving the heads up. The rounding error I mentioned is happening with older sheets now.

Edited 1621915407
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Wolfgang A. said: Just giving the heads up. The rounding error I mentioned is happening with older sheets now. Thanks Wolfgang.&nbsp; I had a fix lined for today's update, but I had an "issue" with github that prevented it from being merged. ;-( Fix will go live with the next update.&nbsp; Sorry for any inconvenience. EDIT: Update submitted:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/8972" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/8972</a>
Hey there&nbsp; vÍnce , just giving you another heads up, not sure if its just me but for some reason none of the players in my game are able to get their custom URLs to work for header images.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hmmm.&nbsp; Haven't made any changes that "should" have any affect on custom header images... Might be some collateral damage from the CSE update.&nbsp; I'll investigate.&nbsp; Thanks
vÍnce said: Try using the weapon's row_id instead of a generic row number "$0". {(floor(@{class-1-level}/4)+@{repeating_weapon_-koo8kgxky8nshjt4oxx_enhance}),5}kl1 or min((floor(@{class-1-level}/4)+@{repeating_weapon_-koo8kgxky8nshjt4oxx_enhance}),5) Worked like a charm! Thanks, Vince.

Edited 1622162772
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Roseilla V. said: Hey there&nbsp; vÍnce , just giving you another heads up, not sure if its just me but for some reason none of the players in my game are able to get their custom URLs to work for header images. I just did a quick check and I didn't have a problem using a custom url...&nbsp; I used the Custom Header options in the sheet settings.&nbsp; Can you post a couple url's that aren't working?&nbsp; Thanks
Been a while since I used the sheet, did something happen to the non-simple roll templates? No matter what I set the options to, they're all showing up as simple templates, but I'm not sure it's an issue with the options since it seems to have retroactively affected all previous rolls, so it might be that roll20 isn't properly parsing/displaying the non-simple templates anymore.

Edited 1622406944
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Simple and regular roll templates seem to be working for me... Can you maybe post a screen shots of an attack roll?&nbsp; One roll as the regular template and one as a simple template.
Ah, maybe it's just the rounded corners that no longer work? I saw that everything was square and assumed it was using the simple template, my bad
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I'll check.&nbsp; Small "issues" have come up on sheets with the recent Roll20 CSE update...
I've tried every search I can think of and everything in the sheet I can manage - but I can't find a way to add a buff to just Str (or any other single ability) ability checks.&nbsp; for example, but a far from unique situation,&nbsp; gorum &nbsp;grants his followers "Gain a +4 sacred or profane bonus on Strength checks and Strength-based skill checks."&nbsp; when they meet a condition.&nbsp; How would I buff the strength ability check (the button on the core sheet beside Strength) but not all ability checks?
Seems like a dumb question but how would I implement this sheet into my campaign and if i do how many times does this sheet get updated and would it than require me to change it constantly or could I just use an older version?

Edited 1623120140
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You select the pathfinder sheet from the drop down in the game settings page. See the wiki for more information . As for updates, the sheet is under active maintenance and development. You don't need to do anything to update the sheet other than open the sheets so the update code can run. Anything that would break or cause massive changes is typically announced well ahead of time so the community can give input and feedback and prepare for it.

Edited 1623125426
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Stephen S. said: I've tried every search I can think of and everything in the sheet I can manage - but I can't find a way to add a buff to just Str (or any other single ability) ability checks.&nbsp; for example, but a far from unique situation,&nbsp; gorum &nbsp;grants his followers "Gain a +4 sacred or profane bonus on Strength checks and Strength-based skill checks."&nbsp; when they meet a condition.&nbsp; How would I buff the strength ability check (the button on the core sheet beside Strength) but not all ability checks? Hi Stephen, there is an option in the Buffs section of the sheet (upper right area) that allows you to buff any ability. example; Creating a Buff; add a new Buff using the "+" button at the bottom of the Buff section. provide a name, type of buff and whether you would like a note about the buff included with a given type of roll add buffs (up to 6 types of buffs can be included) for each buff included, choose from the drop-down selector which attribute(s) you would like to modify. also include the type of buff (this is used to determine stacking logic)&nbsp; choose a modifier/penalty to apply using the macro-text field provided.&nbsp; This is a "type a" macro-text field(see footer of the sheet for a key to the various types of macro-text fields used on the sheet).&nbsp; A "type a" must resolve on-sheet.&nbsp; Meaning you can enter a flat number or use a simple formula of sheet attributes that will resolve to a given number.&nbsp;No queries or rolls(inline or other) allowed in the "type a" field since they require chat to resolve their outcome. Toggle the buff as needed. One solution for your blessing from Gorum; add a buff to all STR-based skills (example above) and also modify the STR row's macro-text to add +4. example (added "+ [[4]][mod]" to all Strength Ability checks); There isn't currently a method to&nbsp; only add a Buff to a single skill or skills based on a given type, so if you only want to modify certain skill rolls, you can either modify a skill's row modifiers, use a query on the skill options section(this is a prompt for any/all skills rolled), adjust at the time your make the roll accordingly, example; or you can modify the macro-text of any given skill). example (added "+ [[4]][mod]" to all Acrobatics checks); BTW: if you ever mess up a macro-text field on the sheet, you can simply erase everything in it, click into another field and the sheet will re-populate the field with the default macro-text. ;-) Hope this helps. Cheers

Edited 1623125766
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
PF Community Sheet update v1.792 #9033 making overall adjustments for CSE's css changes. Small adjustments to the regular roll template. Fixed; the 'Show' in chat menu column option, was not toggling Mythic Abilities and Feats. Inverted the order of fields for extra damage to match roll template output. Type then macro. Fixed; 3-column layout of the NPC skills list.

Edited 1623159220
vince, thanks for confirming a buff of the type I mentioned can't be added.&nbsp; (the [ability] related skill check was an easy option as was adding a bonus to all 6 ability's checks - but adding a bonus to a single ability for ability checks can't be done)&nbsp; - this is certainly something I think should be on the sheet feature wish list as it can come up in other ways. that said I'm curious if i need pro access or if I'm just unaware of how to access the area from your screenshot i surrounded in red below: I've made similar edits on skill checks but I can determine how to access that macro for ability checks from the sheet - if i could see that I would probably just done the edit and not posted a query. thanks for your help and advice
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Stephen, make sure you've put the sheet in edit mode (a button up at the top of the sheet).

Edited 1623200389
d'oh.... thanks edit: actually it turns out it was this setting being unchecked on that character's sheet :
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
No worries, it catches all of us.

Edited 1623199680
for some reason in this brand new campaign, I've made on a brand new character sheet that I imported an npc statblock onto now whenever I try to open the character sheet on that character it freezes roll20 then crashes it, I really hope there is a fix for that as I put a ton of lore on that character sheet and don't have the ability to transfer it now that it crashes roll20 every time I open the stats update I just noticed that it also removed all the lore I had on the bio too

Edited 1623200081
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Nagash said: for some reason in this brand new campaign, I've made on a brand new character sheet that I imported an npc statblock onto now whenever I try to open the character sheet on that character it freezes roll20 then crashes it, I really hope there is a fix for that as I put a ton of lore on that character sheet and don't have the ability to transfer it now that it crashes roll20 every time I open the stats update I just noticed that it also removed all the lore I had on the bio too ;-( How did you import, using the sheet's HL import box, the PFC script, character vault...?&nbsp; Any other details? Have you tried deleting and re-importing as new?&nbsp;
the statblock from the bestiary, using the NPC input drag and drop feature
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Nagash said: the statblock from the bestiary, using the NPC input drag and drop feature Thanks Nagash, I would like to see if I'm able to repeat your issues as well.&nbsp; What monster did you drag and drop to the "Monster statblock import"?
"worm that walks" i did some slight modifications after but the whole time immediately after I started getting massive slow down until I hit parse at which point it started crashing
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Nagash said: "worm that walks" i did some slight modifications after but the whole time immediately after I started getting massive slow down until I hit parse at which point it started crashing Not sure.&nbsp; I was able to drag+drop a Worm that Walks from the compendium without issue.&nbsp; Parsed and recalced for good measure.&nbsp; No problems. Just a guess, but it may have been related to the "modifications" that were made... Do you recall specifics?&nbsp; Did you edit attributes in the "Monster statblock import" before parsing?&nbsp; It's best to make adjustments to the sheet attributes after a monster has been parsed since the parser is setup expecting to see specific calculations/values as per rules for monster creation.&nbsp; Not saying for sure this is what caused the issue, but given I was able to import the monster, "vanilla"... pre-editing seems to be a likely suspect.&nbsp; Have you tried duplicating the monster or importing a new Worm that Walks?
i don't recal all the modifications i made but I do remember, upping the str to 42, adding in some custom abilities to the special abilities section, raising the HD to 22, adding a custom aura ability, changing the relevant stats to match the new str and changed the bab to 22 with relevant stat adjustment&nbsp;

Edited 1623503527
As someone playing Pathfinder since a long time, I'd like to thank everyone working on that sheet, it's so useful! I'm currently working on a Kineticist and I would like to use a token bar to manage her bruns. Nothing too complicated in theory, here is how I set up her token: Unfortunately, when I modify the token bar, while this updates the Kineticist burn attribute, it does not change the Elemental Overflow buff: Manually modifying it from the sheet fixes this problem, but this is not really a great solution. So, after some research, it seems this issues is with roll20 itself and not the sheet. So I thought I would just need to code a small API to manually update the sheet each time the second token bar is modified. Unfortunately the problem is still here: the API changes the attribute, but the buff is not updated. Am I doing something wrong, or is there really no way to use token bar to modify buffs? I'm thinking about manually modify the buff itself, but I have no idea if it will work. Will the buff be applied correctly if it changed from an outside source? By the way, recalculating does not help. Thank you!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Adrenius, I'm getting to grips with the code, but haven't gotten to kineticist burn yet. Vince almost certainly knows more, but this is likely a minor issue with the sheet's code. If Vince doesn't get to it first, I'll take a look this weekend.

Edited 1623461631
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I'll have a look, but I think there's been an issue with sheetworkers recognizing events from token bar changes...

Edited 1623503514
Thanks a lot Scott and Vince! I also tried to modify a custom attribute (like customa1) from an API and used it in the buff equations, but the problem is still here. It seems those equations variables are only updated when attributes are manually modified.

Edited 1623649180
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Adenrius said: Manually modifying it from the sheet fixes this problem, but this is not really a great solution. So, after some research, it seems this issues is with roll20 itself and not the sheet. So I thought I would just need to code a small API to manually update the sheet each time the second token bar is modified. Unfortunately the problem is still here: the API changes the attribute, but the buff is not updated. Am I doing something wrong, or is there really no way to use token bar to modify buffs? I'm thinking about manually modify the buff itself, but I have no idea if it will work. Will the buff be applied correctly if it changed from an outside source? By the way, recalculating does not help. Thank you! Update: I may have found the issue with tokenbar: kineticistburn changes not being detected by buffs.&nbsp; Still investigating. Update#2: this should be fixed in the tomorrow's update.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
v1.793 update&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/9091" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/9091</a> Fixed; kineticistburn linked to a tokenbar was not triggering buffs recalculations. Small adjustments to the regular roll template for inline rolls to help with uniformity. sheetworker edit to the kl1/kh1 to min()max() function used in macro-text fields.
My players are at a high enough level to get additional attacks on their turn, each with their own BAB&nbsp; (+7/+2). I cannot, for the life of me, figure out where to enter that second BAB value. For example, my rogue PC is lvl 10 and his class confers a BAB of +7/+2. On the sheet under classes, I put his level at 10 and his BAB at 7, but where does the +2 come in? Every class in the game gets additional attacks at some point, so this is an essential function of the sheet, but I don't see a way to do it. Please help, I'm going nuts trying to figure this out. Thanks!

Edited 1623739040
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thaddeus R. said: My players are at a high enough level to get additional attacks on their turn, each with their own BAB&nbsp; (+7/+2). I cannot, for the life of me, figure out where to enter that second BAB value. For example, my rogue PC is lvl 10 and his class confers a BAB of +7/+2. On the sheet under classes, I put his level at 10 and his BAB at 7, but where does the +2 come in? Every class in the game gets additional attacks at some point, so this is an essential function of the sheet, but I don't see a way to do it. Please help, I'm going nuts trying to figure this out. Thanks! Hi Thaddeus, Each attack row has an iterative sub-section where you can enable any additional attacks.&nbsp; Just check the additional attacks.&nbsp; Each iterative includes an automatic adjustment (full attack bonus for the primary then -5, -10, -15, etc.) in accordance to BAB's progression.&nbsp; You can manually adjust/edit each attack as well.
Ohhhhhhhhh ok I see. Thank you so much!&nbsp;
<a href="https://www.d20pfsrd.com/SKILLS/background-skills/#Monsters_and_NPCS" rel="nofollow">https://www.d20pfsrd.com/SKILLS/background-skills/#Monsters_and_NPCS</a> Monsters and NPCS Typically, monsters don’t gain access to the background skills system from their racial Hit Dice. The Gamemaster might decide that certain types of monsters might have extensive lives as workers and crafters (such as storm giants, for example) and therefore gain background skills, but this is optional. Would it be possible to add a toggle for whether a character does or does not gain background skills in order to account for this, separate to the one to show them in the first place?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
FlutterDice said: <a href="https://www.d20pfsrd.com/SKILLS/background-skills/#Monsters_and_NPCS" rel="nofollow">https://www.d20pfsrd.com/SKILLS/background-skills/#Monsters_and_NPCS</a> Monsters and NPCS Typically, monsters don’t gain access to the background skills system from their racial Hit Dice. The Gamemaster might decide that certain types of monsters might have extensive lives as workers and crafters (such as storm giants, for example) and therefore gain background skills, but this is optional. Would it be possible to add a toggle for whether a character does or does not gain background skills in order to account for this, separate to the one to show them in the first place? Hi FlutterDice, Not sure I follow... ;-( I assume this is specifically directed toward NPC/Monsters?&nbsp; Are you looking for an option to change the calculation of Background Skill ranks, hide/show some of the Background skills, hide them completely, or ...?
Okay, here's a weird one I need help with. I'm trying to implement a Prodigy from Spheres of Power. The class's shtick is chaining moves in a sequence, where they can add half the sequence length to attack and damage rolls. (There's also some relevant interactions with caster level because of Nature's Weapon, but I have that part figured out) The issue is actually applying it to attack rolls. I can make a custom attribute for sequence length, so I can make it a bar on the token, but it only recalculates if I change the value from the character sheet. Is there any way to modify an attack roll (or any edit-time field) based on the player changing the value of a bar on a token?

Edited 1623972113
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Justin, You can use a Custom attribute (custom tab on the sheet), then link to it using a tokenbar. example below; tokenbar2&nbsp; is linked to @{customa1} Changes made on the tokenbar are reflected by @{customa1}.&nbsp; You can use @{customa1} in other macros, or sheet macro-text like extra attack/damage fields. Should also work with the sheet's real-time, "type a" fields as well. example;

Edited 1623972966
That's the issue. It works when I edit the custom attribute from the sheet, but it doesn't seem to update when I edit the custom attribute through the token bar EDIT: More specifically, the ability also affects attack rolls, not just damage rolls, so I need to modify a type A field, but the sheet doesn't recalculate when I just edit it through the token bar. As a simple test, try rolling for Gubo's dagger in your picture, check the attack bonus, modify the value in tokenbar2 (NOT customa1 on the sheet), and roll again. If you're experiencing the same issue I am, the attack bonus shouldn't have changed
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Justin E. said: That's the issue. It works when I edit the custom attribute from the sheet, but it doesn't seem to update when I edit the custom attribute through the token bar The examples I posted above triggered from the tokenbar to the custom attribute without issue...&nbsp; So I'm still scratching my head. Is there anything more complex about what you are trying?&nbsp; Is it only an issue with one character in particular or is it systemic?

Edited 1623973144
It's systemic... but I was also using customa4-mod, not customa1. One of the bars, not a static value. I can see if it works with customa1 EDIT: It works with customa1
vÍnce said: FlutterDice said: <a href="https://www.d20pfsrd.com/SKILLS/background-skills/#Monsters_and_NPCS" rel="nofollow">https://www.d20pfsrd.com/SKILLS/background-skills/#Monsters_and_NPCS</a> Monsters and NPCS Typically, monsters don’t gain access to the background skills system from their racial Hit Dice. The Gamemaster might decide that certain types of monsters might have extensive lives as workers and crafters (such as storm giants, for example) and therefore gain background skills, but this is optional. Would it be possible to add a toggle for whether a character does or does not gain background skills in order to account for this, separate to the one to show them in the first place? Hi FlutterDice, Not sure I follow... ;-( I assume this is specifically directed toward NPC/Monsters?&nbsp; Are you looking for an option to change the calculation of Background Skill ranks, hide/show some of the Background skills, hide them completely, or ...? not specifically just for NPC/Monster sheets but yeah, an option to change the skill ranks calculation on a sheet-by-sheet basis would work (on the same line in the config page as the toggle maybe, so it doesn't take up even more space on the skills page?)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Justin E. said: It's systemic... but I was also using customa4-mod, not customa1. One of the bars, not a static value. I can see if it works with customa1 EDIT: It works with customa1 I think I've got a fix for custom attributes not triggering buff calcs consistently when changed via token bars and/or API.&nbsp; I'll try and get it in on Monday's update.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
FlutterDice said: vÍnce said: FlutterDice said: <a href="https://www.d20pfsrd.com/SKILLS/background-skills/#Monsters_and_NPCS" rel="nofollow">https://www.d20pfsrd.com/SKILLS/background-skills/#Monsters_and_NPCS</a> Monsters and NPCS Typically, monsters don’t gain access to the background skills system from their racial Hit Dice. The Gamemaster might decide that certain types of monsters might have extensive lives as workers and crafters (such as storm giants, for example) and therefore gain background skills, but this is optional. Would it be possible to add a toggle for whether a character does or does not gain background skills in order to account for this, separate to the one to show them in the first place? Hi FlutterDice, Not sure I follow... ;-( I assume this is specifically directed toward NPC/Monsters?&nbsp; Are you looking for an option to change the calculation of Background Skill ranks, hide/show some of the Background skills, hide them completely, or ...? not specifically just for NPC/Monster sheets but yeah, an option to change the skill ranks calculation on a sheet-by-sheet basis would work (on the same line in the config page as the toggle maybe, so it doesn't take up even more space on the skills page?) Do you think exposing the default formula/macro used to calculate Background skills would work?&nbsp;&nbsp;
vÍnce said: FlutterDice said: vÍnce said: FlutterDice said: <a href="https://www.d20pfsrd.com/SKILLS/background-skills/#Monsters_and_NPCS" rel="nofollow">https://www.d20pfsrd.com/SKILLS/background-skills/#Monsters_and_NPCS</a> Monsters and NPCS Typically, monsters don’t gain access to the background skills system from their racial Hit Dice. The Gamemaster might decide that certain types of monsters might have extensive lives as workers and crafters (such as storm giants, for example) and therefore gain background skills, but this is optional. Would it be possible to add a toggle for whether a character does or does not gain background skills in order to account for this, separate to the one to show them in the first place? Hi FlutterDice, Not sure I follow... ;-( I assume this is specifically directed toward NPC/Monsters?&nbsp; Are you looking for an option to change the calculation of Background Skill ranks, hide/show some of the Background skills, hide them completely, or ...? not specifically just for NPC/Monster sheets but yeah, an option to change the skill ranks calculation on a sheet-by-sheet basis would work (on the same line in the config page as the toggle maybe, so it doesn't take up even more space on the skills page?) Do you think exposing the default formula/macro used to calculate Background skills would work?&nbsp; I think so yeah, might be a bit rough around the edges maybe but there's always time for refining it later I suppose x3