Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

Hanhula said: My suspicion is that there's too much and Roll20's going "okay, what" - but if that's the case, how can I avoid this sort of scenario?  I have found that a caster with a lot of spells trying to be imported via this method can cause the Community Sheet (or perhaps roll20?) to choke on all that data. The moment you paste the JSON file into the field, back off and let it work. Sometimes it works for me (I actually do get the Feats) but those Feat entries are just text anyway, nothing to really post into the mechanics. Some of them I don't even check the box to make them visible. This method definitely requires some post import work to make it more usable, but that's just helped me learn how to use the sheet better, so that's fine by me. Armor has to be equipped, and then 'Defense' for that equipment must be created. Same with weaponry.

Edited 1595441499
Hello! I have a fairly big question/suggestion regarding weapon sizes: I've recently had a player make a Large-sized character that wields weapons of different sizes through various abilities, and I've realized the order of operations on the size damage auto-calc is a bit...counterintuitive? Correct me if I'm wrong but what I believe is happening is: Character default size determines what size the input field is read as That size is then adjusted (up or down) according to the weapon's base size compared to the character's default size That size is then further adjusted up or down according to the character's current size, again compared to the default size Which means I can set the default size to medium, current size to the character's actual size, and then input the medium size damage for the weapon, setting it to default to medium, and have it be appropriate for a character of that size, but it becomes way trickier when the current character size and the weapon's actual size are different from each other, like for example if I want to input the medium- sized damage and have it auto-calc the damage for the huge- sized spear a large -sized character is using, I have to counterintuitively set the spear's base size at large because it's already reading a second size increase from the character itself. On the other hand, if I leave the default size of the character to large, I need to already account for that and input the damage already calculated to be large -sized, or the actual damage will come out one or even two sizes too small, because it reads the character's default size first, uses that to inform the input, and sees that "oh wait this weapon is one size smaller than that, it means I need to reduce its damage by one step." I believe it would be way more intuitive and require less mental calculations to determine the base damage for a weapon appropriately-sized for the character if it was something more like Input the medium-sized damage in the damage field Choose the weapon size in the appropriate field to calculate its base damage compared to medium-sized Further alter that damage compared to the difference between character's default and current size therefore using the character's default and current size fields only to inform how big the weapon grew (or how small it shrinked) compared to its normal size, rather than just how big it is in general, and otherwise just automatically calculate compared to medium-sized. (Also as a bonus effect this would help with characters such as centaurs that already default to weapons of different size than they actually are without needing specific builds to do so) Thoughts?
Hi! I'm having a hard time figuring out how to add this sheet to my game session. I know this seems like a dumb question, but googling for answers hasn't really turned up anything, so I thought I'd ask here. I've played with the Path Finder Community Sheet in a different session where I was just a player. I am DMing now and wanted to add it to the game instead of the regular one, but am having difficulty doing so. I have a free account and haven't found any options for changing the sheet in game, and I'm also having difficulty finding it when I create a new session as well. The wiki for the sheet said I should comment here for questions so here I am. If someone could please explain what to do to add it, or if I've missed something important I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Edited 1596379256
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Welcome to DMing on Roll20 BogLady! You can set the sheet in a couple ways. If you're just creating a game, you can find it in the sheet drop down by looking for pathfinder community: or you can change your sheet from the game settings menu of an already existing game: You can access the game settings page from your game's splash screen: Hope that helps! Scott
Hello, DM with mild ADHD here. I switched from the Standard Pathfinder sheet to the Community sheet at the request from my players, because I recognize the amount of customization and import abilities are really handy. However, I had to realize with horror that I find this sheet absolutely unusable for myself. There is just info overload, and most of it with fields that aren't even filled or used. The creature's special abilities are hidden in tiny boxes under way too many skills I don't even use anyway, I can't find a way to hide the spells on a non-spellcaster mummy and even the many empty fields in the Armor Class section make my brain go wild when I just need to know "current AC: 20". I want to be able to see at a single glance what my monster is capable of, and I can't. At this point I find it easier to use the d20pfsrd compendium entries and roll the dice manually, which... is kind of defeating the purpose of customizable sheets. The default roll20 Pathfinder NPC sheets have done a great job of emulating the layout of Pathfinder Bestiary entries and I direly miss that. I am aware that there is a lot of mechanical stuff you guys probably need to focus on, but I'd strongly recommend to consider more options (and especially simplifications) for the layout.
Have you tried using compact mode? The button right next to the Pathfinder logo at the top of the sheet will toggle between compact mode and edit mode. It still won't look like a Bestiary entry, but if info overload is the problem, it should be at least somewhat of a help. Also, to disable spells, you can just turn off the "Uses Spells" checkbox on the settings page. Vanessa said: Hello, DM with mild ADHD here. I switched from the Standard Pathfinder sheet to the Community sheet at the request from my players, because I recognize the amount of customization and import abilities are really handy. However, I had to realize with horror that I find this sheet absolutely unusable for myself. There is just info overload, and most of it with fields that aren't even filled or used. The creature's special abilities are hidden in tiny boxes under way too many skills I don't even use anyway, I can't find a way to hide the spells on a non-spellcaster mummy and even the many empty fields in the Armor Class section make my brain go wild when I just need to know "current AC: 20". I want to be able to see at a single glance what my monster is capable of, and I can't. At this point I find it easier to use the d20pfsrd compendium entries and roll the dice manually, which... is kind of defeating the purpose of customizable sheets. The default roll20 Pathfinder NPC sheets have done a great job of emulating the layout of Pathfinder Bestiary entries and I direly miss that. I am aware that there is a lot of mechanical stuff you guys probably need to focus on, but I'd strongly recommend to consider more options (and especially simplifications) for the layout.
Joe B. said: Have you tried using compact mode? The button right next to the Pathfinder logo at the top of the sheet will toggle between compact mode and edit mode. It still won't look like a Bestiary entry, but if info overload is the problem, it should be at least somewhat of a help. Also, to disable spells, you can just turn off the "Uses Spells" checkbox on the settings page. I did! The compact mode changes little in the ways that would matter. I still have a screen full of text enter fields I don't actually need to see. Actually, I find the Edit Mode layout minimally more readable, if only for the OFFENSE and DEFENSE headers breaking up and titling the sections. It doesn't really seem to remove any of the actual content in the boxes, just squishes the sections together a little more? But I want a way to actually - manually, if necessary - hide about 80% of the NPC tab, both sections and individual data entry fields (and honestly the other tabs I don't need). And I have that checked! But the spells still appear. Settings, re: spells:&nbsp; <a href="https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/261404395831427072/739965787925643342/unknown.png" rel="nofollow">https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/261404395831427072/739965787925643342/unknown.png</a> Spell section still displayed:&nbsp; <a href="https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/261404395831427072/739965959359430717/unknown.png" rel="nofollow">https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/261404395831427072/739965959359430717/unknown.png</a> But my brain is already hitting the emergency exit when just looking at the defense stat block. What I expect:&nbsp; <a href="https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/446603727265202186/739584900490985583/unknown.png" rel="nofollow">https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/446603727265202186/739584900490985583/unknown.png</a> What I get:&nbsp; <a href="https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/656917132071927861/739830324888076399/unknown.png" rel="nofollow">https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/656917132071927861/739830324888076399/unknown.png</a> I shared my issue with some friends (not roll20 users, but 'similarly brained') and they agree. To quote:&nbsp; "ye I like your previous one a lot more the new one is giving me the 'oh i can't focus on you'" and: "Stares My eyes cant focus on one thing in this" and: " My old brain skrii'd and crawled under a rock upon seeing all those tabs"

Edited 1596494527
Are you having issues when you're entering data on a new character/monster or when you're referencing them in play? I don't claim ADHD or anything similar, but I find it much easier to use the buttons/macros provided by the sheet rather than to actually open up the sheet in the middle of the session. To refer back to your example of defense stats, would this be preferable? I have a macro set up on my macro bar that shows this for any selected token. It's a simple, one-line macro: "/w gm %{selected|defense-stats}". I don't have it set up as a token action, since I don't want to clutter up my players' token action bars, but that would work, too. (BTW, I don't know what's up with the "Strike Rank" language. It's supposed to be SR, but there seems to be some glitch on Roll20 at the moment affecting both the community and official sheets.) There are also built-in macros to show abilities (meaning feats, class features, etc.), spells, and items, as well as to roll ability checks, saves, attacks, skill checks, initiative, etc. For abilities and items, you can even toggle whether particular abilities/items show up in the list. (E.g. Do you really need to see Improved Initiative on the abilities list if the bonus is already figured into the initiative roll?) If you want to see what these look like without setting up your own macros first, just open up a character sheet, and click on the buttons below the buffs and above the tabs.
Oh, I've seen the buttons and they're certainly a handy feature! This is about as reduced as I'd like to see the information (at least in the 'compact mode'). But I don't want my creatures to live in the sidebar to be honest. That is where I need to see my players' rolls, and constantly clicking buttons to find the stats and abilities of my monsters just distracts me more and more from the happenings in the game. And I don't want to need multiple button clicks to get to the information I may need. I want to see on a single screen with minimal scrolling what my monster/NPC is capable of. That includes mostly AC, HP and Save rolls, but also a concise list of their attacks, spells and special abilities, if applicable - and notes such their tactic and morale. The last sessions I had the monster sheets popped out that I could glance at anytime and see if this thing has any helpful way to get out of that pickle while still handling my PC's turns. One of the last sessions had a fight with an enemy party of four characters, each with their individual stats. One of the upcoming sessions will see a fight with about 10+ enemies of 3 different types. I also like to prepare monster sheets and maps well in advance and then review them shortly before they become relevant. It's not just about finding a single stat (like AC) - again, I want to have a quick overview of the general behavior and fighting style of a creature. I realize this all mostly comes down to a preference for style of play and differences in parsing information. I'd like to repeat that I love the vast options and details the community sheet offers, because the standard one was very limited, especially from a player point of view. What bugs me as a DM is just that I don't see a way to reduce the displayed information in a meaningful way.
Best of luck in figuring out something that works for you. I'm not a sheet author, just a long-time user, but I wouldn't expect to see the sort of changes you're requesting anytime soon. It seems the general attitude among users of the community sheet trends toward increasing the amount of information and options available, rather than decreasing them. You may have better luck switching back to the official sheet.

Edited 1596505576
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Vanessa, you have a legitimate gripe that the NPC/Monster tab is overly complicated.&nbsp; In defense of the community sheet, it was created over four years ago and at that time it most definitely pushed the envelope of roll20's capabilities and did so with each new change that roll20 implemented...&nbsp; IMO, there are many sheets today (some are even the "official" ones) that took what was done with this sheet and did it better without having to lug around 4+ years of backward compatible code. The community sheet has reluctantly been placed on the backburner of development except for an occasional bug fix.&nbsp; Much of the sheet is handled by 20K+ lines of javascript and will need a fairly competent programmer to take the lead in any major updates.&nbsp; Although I have been along for the ride on the majority of the pf community sheet, I consider myself more of a "custodian" of the sheet and lack the programming chops to handle any heavy-lifting. The NPC/Monster section of the sheet shares most of the attributes with the character side as well.&nbsp; Meaning all the auto-calculations "should" work if you make adjustments.&nbsp; So the NPC/monster tab is not a static stat block, but is instead, auto-calculating and integrated, which requires lots of fields/attributes as well as screen real estate. ;-( There's a long list of great suggestions for this sheet including updating the Monster/Tab to appear more like a standard pf stat block.&nbsp; It may still happen, but in the meantime you will need to "wrestle" with the sheet to make it work for your game.

Edited 1596551220
For the record, I'm not advocating for removing the fields or attributes. Just something like a little eye icon button/checkbox that would hide that field in compact mode would go a long way. But thank you for the answer! Unfortunate, but I'll try to find a way. I'm currently trying to make Joe B.'s sidebar menu suggestion work for me in case I need some stats quick. Is there a menu that lists all available spells, similar to the Abilities menu? And a way to display things like space, senses and auras as well? I'd hoped they get listed in the window of the 'All' button, but it doesn't seem that way. Any way to call the Tactics entries via macro?

Edited 1596549540
Dan
Plus
Forgive me if this has already been discussed or is in the cue to be fixed, but I ran into a bug last night applying my Critical Focus feat. I am using the BETA dual wield feature, and it was in this area where the problem revealed itself. I applied the +4 to the proper area of the individual weapon (weapons in my case, my character is wielding two shortswords), however if the first roll was a critical attempt, it was not adding the +4 on the confirmation roll. If the 2nd, 3rd or 4th attacks were potential crits, they added it just fine however. It just seemed to affect the first roll only. I then took the attacks and separated them, trying them both individually as a single attack.. the bonus was applied correctly. I am enjoying the sheet immensely and just wanted to report a potential bug.
Spells are a bit more complicated than the other abilities, since there can be multiple spell lists. For the majority of spellcasters who only have one list, you can use "/w gm @{selected|spellclass-0-book}" and be done with it. If that's not enough, replace the zero with a one or a two to get the second or third class's list. I don't know of any built-in way to get the senses/auras or tactics into chat, but it wouldn't be hard to make your own macros to show them. Here's one that I threw together quickly that should be fairly easy to modify: /w gm &amp;{template:pf_generic} {{header_image=@{selected|header_image-pf_generic} }} {{name=@{selected|character_name} Senses/Auras/Tactics}} {{Senses=@{selected|vision} }} {{Aura=@{selected|npc-aura} }} {{Before Combat=@{selected|npc-before-combat} }} {{During Combat=@{selected|npc-during-combat} }} {{Morale=@{selected|npc-morale} }} It looks like this: It could certainly stand improvement, but it gets the job done. Vanessa said: Is there a menu that lists all available spells, similar to the Abilities menu? And a way to display things like senses and auras as well? I'd hoped they get listed in the window of the 'All' button, but it doesn't seem that way. Any way to call the Tactics entries via macro?
Ah, thank you, Joe! I think I have a few macros now that make this workable for me. Just a small question - @size and @default_char_size seem to output a numerical value. Any way I can get the descriptive size (e.g. Medium or Diminutive)? Also, there seems to be a small glitch in the macro templates, though I'm not sure if that's an issue stemming from the community sheet or roll20 in general. The alternating colors between line/entry 5 and 6 seem to mess up:&nbsp; <a href="https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/261404395831427072/740246477238042634/unknown.png" rel="nofollow">https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/261404395831427072/740246477238042634/unknown.png</a> <a href="https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/261404395831427072/740247770744750161/unknown.png" rel="nofollow">https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/261404395831427072/740247770744750161/unknown.png</a> &nbsp;
I'm glad that I was able to help a little. I'm going to have to defer to others, though, to answer your questions, as I don't have an answer for either. I suspect that the answer to the size question is no, as the sheet would need the size to be in numeric form in order to make appropriate calculations, but it's entirely possible that a text attribute has been added, and I'm just not aware of it.

Edited 1597332403
Hello, I want to create a macro that allow me to acces to the menu of a player from the chat (hidden from player). I am able to do that for the menu but when I roll a "sub-menu" like Defenses or abilities, the player sees the roll. Is it possible to make all the 'sub-menu's roll" hidden ?
Just a question that may not have an answer. Is there a way to create a buff or custom macro to the wound threshold chart that only affects the "Disabled at" entry?

Edited 1597605177
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Eric M. said: Just a question that may not have an answer. Is there a way to create a buff or custom macro to the wound threshold chart that only affects the "Disabled at" entry? I don't think so because @{HP_disabled} is auto-calculated based on your con-mod (as per the wound threshold rules).&nbsp; There isn't a way to modify&nbsp;@{HP_disabled} on the sheet. EDIT/UPDATE: However, I think you can modify&nbsp;HP_disabled from the attributes tab(or perhaps using the chatsetattr script, pro level option) and I believe it would retain it's value unless CON gets adjusted, which would trigger a recalc of HP_disabled according to the rules. here's a chatsetattr option with a prompt (use on selected token, or change to "--charid @{character_id}" instead of "--sel"...) !setattr --sel --HP_disabled|?{Set Disabled at|0} Hope this helps
Thanks for the quick reply Vince, I was trying to add the CON-mod and the WIS-mod together to generate that number for the Radiant class, guess I'll just have to make a note. Thanks again.
It did help, thanks Vince.
Hey Team,&nbsp; I'm having a problem where my attacks are not firing unless I do one of two things: 1) Deactivate (uncheck) all the macros under the "All Attack Macros" section. OR 2) Activate 3 or less iterative attacks.&nbsp; I have been playing this game for about 2 years and didn't notice this problem until a somewhat recent update to the character sheet.&nbsp; The game has been on hiatus since June.&nbsp; We are resuming in September/October.&nbsp; I have already submitted this issue to Roll20 support and they directed me here.&nbsp; What can I do to remedy this before we continue the game?
Recently Spell Resistance now says Strike Rank on spells, is there a way to fix that?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Eric M. said: Recently Spell Resistance now says Strike Rank on spells, is there a way to fix that? Hi Eric, I believe this is an issue recently brought up regarding the Pathfinder by Roll20 (as well as the Starfinder by Roll20) sheet.&nbsp; This thread is for the PF Community sheet.&nbsp; You might try posting here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7452734/pathfinder-by-roll20-v-dot-1-3-q2y2019/?pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7452734/pathfinder-by-roll20-v-dot-1-3-q2y2019/?pagenum=1</a> Cheers
I am using the community sheet, is it affecting both sheets then?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Sorry Eric. Interesting. Do you have a screenshot?&nbsp;&nbsp;
Here you go, hope that helps.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks for that.&nbsp; Nothing has changed on the sheet for a while... Particularly anything that would affect the spell resistance text.&nbsp; I will dive in tonight/this weekend to see if I can determine the cause. ;-)
Vince said: Thanks for that.&nbsp; Nothing has changed on the sheet for a while... Particularly anything that would affect the spell resistance text.&nbsp; I will dive in tonight/this weekend to see if I can determine the cause. ;-) You may want to check the translation files or something like that. It's almost as if someone did a search and replace on "SR" and replaced it with "Strike Rank": The entries on the "Defenses" tab haven't been affected, likely because neither one is simply "SR". One is "Spell Resist" and the other is "SR Bonus": I hope this helps.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I posted a similar comment about translations in regards to the by roll20 sheet, but when I looked at the code, everything checked out.&nbsp; So go figure.&nbsp; I'll dig a little deeper.

Edited 1598667701
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Another user( Joseph C. ) has submitted a PR to fix. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9015166/pathfinder-1e-sheet-spell-resistance-now-reading-as-strike-rank#post-9125110" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9015166/pathfinder-1e-sheet-spell-resistance-now-reading-as-strike-rank#post-9125110</a> I'm guessing that someone made an incorrect translation update on crowdin to multiple sheets... ;-(

Edited 1598768009
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Looks like there may be issues with the PR &nbsp;above, so I went ahead and submitted changes on Crowdin to revert SR back to "SR".&nbsp; Not sure why it was even changed to "Strike Rank" on Crowdin...&nbsp; Hopefully this should be resolved on the community sheet this week.&nbsp; Cheers
Just wanted to make sure I was in the right place... C.J. C. said: Hey Team,&nbsp; I'm having a problem where my attacks are not firing unless I do one of two things: 1) Deactivate (uncheck) all the macros under the "All Attack Macros" section. OR 2) Activate 3 or less iterative attacks.&nbsp; I have been playing this game for about 2 years and didn't notice this problem until a somewhat recent update to the character sheet.&nbsp; The game has been on hiatus since June.&nbsp; We are resuming in September/October.&nbsp; I have already submitted this issue to Roll20 support and they directed me here.&nbsp; What can I do to remedy this before we continue the game?
@C.J. C., I'm not a sheet author, but additional information might be helpful to find the issue: What do you mean when you say your attacks are "not firing"? Are you pressing the roll button on the character sheet and nothing happens or is it something else? Are there any error messages appearing in chat? Is this only happening on one character or on multiple characters? Is this issue only occurring with only some of your attacks or all of them? Have you edited any of the all attacks macros? If so, which ones? Do you have to deactivate *all* of the "all attacks macros" for attacks to work, or can you deactivate only some of them? Have you edited any of the iterative attack macros? If so, which ones?
Joe B. said: @C.J. C., I'm not a sheet author, but additional information might be helpful to find the issue: What do you mean when you say your attacks are "not firing"? Are you pressing the roll button on the character sheet and nothing happens or is it something else? Are there any error messages appearing in chat? Is this only happening on one character or on multiple characters? Is this issue only occurring with only some of your attacks or all of them? Have you edited any of the all attacks macros? If so, which ones? Do you have to deactivate *all* of the "all attacks macros" for attacks to work, or can you deactivate only some of them? Have you edited any of the iterative attack macros? If so, which ones? @Joe B., Thank you for responding. 1.Yes, I press the roll button, answer all the queries from my macros, then nothing happens. 2. No Error messages. 3. Multiple characters across multiple games. 4. All attacks that combine macros with iterative attacks 5. Depending on the game, most if not all. 6. I have to deactivate all on one game (Sunday Kingmaker), and all but three on others (Jade Regent) 7. In one game (Sunday Kingmaker), I added "+ @{mythic-tier}" to the attack roll to the 5th iterative attack.&nbsp; Removing it didn't help.

Edited 1599080224
Hello, I am new to building macros and am trying to set up templates for Roll20's Pathfinder 1e NPC sheets.&nbsp;&nbsp; I have done well, but have run into a snag with Spell-Like Abilities.&nbsp;&nbsp; Let's say I have 7 spell like abilities and need a macro that references each? I've tried "repeating_npc_spelllike_$0_attack"&nbsp; I've tried "repeating_npcspellabilities_$0_spelllike" Basically if I have this line what goes in the ??? to reference spell-like abilities?&nbsp;&nbsp; %{selected|repeating_???_$0_??? Thanks, UPDATE: I fixed this.&nbsp; The correct line is: %{selected|repeating_spell-like_$0_spell} Still have this question: **Also, is there a place that lists all of the NPC sheet's calls/terms/variables/etc?&nbsp;&nbsp; I think I can write the macros, I just don't know what to reference!**
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Joe B. If you disable any any global macros ie "Extra Damage or Attack Modifiers" and/or and per-attack macros ie "Extra Damage" and "Add to roll Macros", does you attack and iteratives work?

Edited 1598943445
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Sean You can hover over rolls, inputs, read-only fields, etc. to learn the attribute or button name.&nbsp; Also, one method for learning a button's attribute name is to drag/drop any button from the sheet to the quickbar, execute it from the quickbar, then go the chat window and use the UP arrow to cycle through that last commands entered in chat.&nbsp; This will give the details for the button so that you might use it in your own macros. example; if I drag/drop a SLA from a Garden Ooze to the quickbar, execute it, then use the UP arrow in chat trick, I can see that %{Garden Ooze|repeating_ability_-MG777yfy3hbh7NrexyE_npc-roll} was used to execute that particular SLA.&nbsp; For a macro that works more generically, you could use "selected|" in lieu of the monster's name and you would need to use the row number "$X" where "X" is the row's number.&nbsp; You could create a generic SLA chat menu (shows 5 SLA's, adjust macro as needed) @{selected|NPC-Whisper} &amp;{template:pf_ability} @{selected|toggle_accessible_flag} @{selected|toggle_rounded_flag} {{font=@{selected|apply_specfont_chat}@{selected|use_specfont}}} {{scroll_desc=@{selected|scroll-desc}}} {{color=@{selected|rolltemplate_color}}} {{header_image=@{selected|header_image-pf_ability}}} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{character_id=@{selected|character_id}}} {{subtitle=^{spell-like-abilities}}} {{=[@{selected|repeating_ability_$0_name}](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{selected|repeating_ability_$0_npc-roll}) [@{selected|repeating_ability_$1_name}](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{selected|repeating_ability_$1_npc-roll}) [@{selected|repeating_ability_$2_name}](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{selected|repeating_ability_$2_npc-roll}) [@{selected|repeating_ability_$3_name}](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{selected|repeating_ability_$3_npc-roll}) [@{selected|repeating_ability_$4_name}](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{selected|repeating_ability_$4_npc-roll})}} That said, why not just use the sheet's built-in chat menu buttons?&nbsp; You don't have to open the sheet to use them.&nbsp; To open an NPC's abilities %{selected|NPC-abilities} works for attacks as well %{selected|NPC-attacks} or any other chat menu buttons used on the sheet. ;-)
Vince said: @Joe B. If you disable any any global macros ie "Extra Damage or Attack Modifiers" and/or and per-attack macros ie "Extra Damage" and "Add to roll Macros", does you attack and iteratives work? @Vince: Scenarios I have tried and their results: 1) (Global) Extra Dmg + (Global) All Attacks Macros + (Attack) Extra Dmg + (Attack) 'Add-to-Roll' Macros = Fail 2) (Global) Extra Dmg + (Global) All Attacks Macros + (Attack) Extra Dmg + (Attack) 'Add-to-Roll' Macros = Pass 3) (Global) Extra Dmg + (Global) All Attacks Macros + (Attack) Extra Dmg + (Attack) 'Add-to-Roll' Macros = Pass 4) (Global) Extra Dmg + (Global) All Attacks Macros + (Attack) Extra Dmg + (Attack) 'Add-to-Roll' Macros = Pass 5) (Global) Extra Dmg + (Global) All Attacks Macros + (Attack) Extra Dmg + (Attack) 'Add-to-Roll' Macros = Fail 6) (Global) Extra Dmg + (Global) All Attacks Macros + (Attack) Extra Dmg + (Attack) 'Add-to-Roll' Macros = Fail 7) (Global) Extra Dmg + (Global) All Attacks Macros + (Attack) Extra Dmg + (Attack) 'Add-to-Roll' Macros = Pass

Edited 1599018917
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@CJC First off, sorry that I called out Joe in my last post.&nbsp; My bad. I'm not seeing any issues with iterative attacks when using various combinations of (Global) extra attack/damage and/or (Attack row) extra attack/damage macros.&nbsp; I just did a quick test albeit with very simple queries, example; (Global) Extra Attack and Damage Modifiers ?{Global attack mod?|0} ?{Global damage mod?|0} (Attack row) Add-to-roll ?{Add to Attack roll|0} Extra non-Crit Damage [[ 3 ]] Fire Everything seemed to fire as expected... I'm thinking that if you are playing mythic levels, you probably have some rather complex extra attack/damage macros.&nbsp; Maybe there's something in those extra macros that could be causing an issue with the attack. I know it may be a lot to ask for a mythic level PC, but perhaps you can post the extra Global attack/damage macros and extra attack/damage macros per attack row?&nbsp; This might help determine if the macros are indeed causing an issue.
Vince said: @CJC First off, sorry that I called out Joe in my last post.&nbsp; My bad. I'm not seeing any issues with iterative attacks when using various combinations of (Global) extra attack/damage and/or (Attack row) extra attack/damage macros.&nbsp; I just did a quick test albeit with very simple queries, example; (Global) Extra Attack and Damage Modifiers ?{Global attack mod?|0} ?{Global damage mod?|0} (Attack row) Add-to-roll ?{Add to Attack roll|0} Extra non-Crit Damage [[ 3 ]] Fire Everything seemed to fire as expected... I'm thinking that if you are playing mythic levels, you probably have some rather complex extra attack/damage macros.&nbsp; Maybe there's something in those extra macros that could be causing an issue with the attack. I know it may be a lot to ask for a mythic level PC, but perhaps you can post the extra Global attack/damage macros and extra attack/damage macros per attack row?&nbsp; This might help determine if the macros are indeed causing an issue. Happy to provide the macros: Ranged Attack Insert Macro: ?{Target w/in 30 ft?|No,0|Yes,1}+?{Deadly Aim (Attack)?|No,0|Yes,-@{ customa2-mod}} Ranged Damage Insert Macro:&nbsp;&nbsp; ?{Target w/in 30 ft?|No,0|Yes,1}+?{Deadly Aim (Damage)?|No,0|Yes,@{customa2- mod}*2} Global Attack Insert Macro:&nbsp; ?{Sneak Attack (Attack)?|No,0|Yes,2} Extra Non-Crit Dmg: [[?{Sneak Attack?|No,0|Yes,@{customa3- mod}d6+(@{customa3-mod}*2)} + ?{Bane [Damage]?|None,0|Mythic OR Normal,2d6|Mythic AND Normal,4d6} + ?{Vital Strike?|No,0|Yes,1d6+@{total- damage}|Yes (w/Point Blank),1d6+@{total-damage}+1| Yes (w/Deadly Aim),1d6+@{total-damage}+(@{ customa2-mod}*2)|Yes (w/Point Blank &amp; Deadly Aim),1d6+@{total-damage}+1+(@{ customa2-mod}*2)}]] Type: SA+Bane: ?{Bane Type?|}+MVS Attack Insert Macro: ?{Bane?|None,0|Mythic OR Normal,2|Mythic AND Normal,4}+?{Mythic Rapid Shot?|No,0|Yes,-2} Damage Insert Macro: ?{Bane?|None,0|Mythic OR Normal,2|Mythic AND Normal,4} Notes: [Arrowmaster's Gauntlets]:?{Arrowmaster's Bracers +20 Attack Bonus (1/Day)?|No,No Effect|Yes,+20 to 1st Attack ONLY} Attack: Weapon Focus = +1, Signature Weapon +4, Greater Bracers of Archery = +2 Damage: Adaptive = +@{STR-mod}, Greater Bracers of Archery = +1 Impervious: Cannot Rust/Rot, X2 Hardness/HP, +(Enhancement Bonus)X2 to Sunder DC Liberating: DC (15+Spell Level/Creature HD) CMB check to Free Self or Adjacent Creature from Spell/Ability that restricts movement, STD Act Seeking: Ignores All Miss Chances Dead Shot: Ignores Cover Improved Sniping: +10 Stealth when Sniping Conserving: Ammo from missed shots are teleported to their quiver unharmed Skirmisher: ?{Any Movement This Round?|No,Does Not Apply|5' Step,Does Not Apply|10+',Attacks deal Sneak Attack as if Flat Footed} Fleet Charge: ?{Fleet Charge?|No,Does Not Apply|Yes, Swift Action / Move up to Base Speed / Bypasses DR / Costs 1 use of Mythic Power} Bane Arrows = Limning Arrows (Target affected by Faerie Fire for 1 Round) 5th Iterative Attack Macro Text (addition underlined): {{attack5=[[ 1d20cs&gt;[[ @{crit-target} ]] + [[ @{attack_macro} + @{iterative_attack5_value}&nbsp; + @{mythic-tier} &nbsp;]] [iterative] ]]}} {{damage5=[[ @{damage-dice-num}d@{damage- die} + @{damage_macro} ]]}} {{crit_confirm5=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{attack_macro} + @{iterative_attack5_value} ]] [iterative] + [[ @{crit_conf_mod} ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage5=[[ [[ @{damage-dice-num} * [[ @{crit-multiplier} - 1 ]] ]]d@{damage-die} + ((@{damage_macro}) * [[ @{crit-multiplier} - 1 ]]) ]]}} {{precision_dmg51=@{precision_ dmg_macro}}} {{precision_dmg52=@{global_ precision_dmg_macro}}} {{critical_dmg51=@{critical_ dmg_macro}}} {{critical_dmg52=@{global_ critical_dmg_macro}}} {{attack5name=@{iterative_ attack5_name}}} @{customa1-mod} =&nbsp;(@{class-0-level}/2) @{customa2-mod} = floor((@{bab})/4)+1 @{customa3-mod} = floor(@{Level}/2)+1
FEATURE REQUEST: Can buffs be added to the Pathfinder NPC sheet?&nbsp; If so, how, and if not, can they be added?
I seem to have correctly entered all the necessary &amp; required numbers into the fields of the sheet.&nbsp; However, when I hit the roll icon, the correct die rolls, but fails to add any of the modifiers that I've input - saves, attacks, damage, skills, etc.&nbsp; It just shows the roll.
I've rolled my own attack macros, and I'd like to add the buff notes to it, but I don't know the variable to call.&nbsp; I went to Settings and checked the attack roll template, but there doesn't seem to be any buff notes variable in there.&nbsp; Is this something players can call in a macro, or is it DM-level+ stuff?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Sean R. said: FEATURE REQUEST: Can buffs be added to the Pathfinder NPC sheet?&nbsp; If so, how, and if not, can they be added? Hi Sean, AFAIK, buffs should affect the NPC tab the same as the rest of the sheet.&nbsp; Nearly all the attributes are the same whether the sheet is being used as an NPC or a PC.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Jenner said: I seem to have correctly entered all the necessary &amp; required numbers into the fields of the sheet.&nbsp; However, when I hit the roll icon, the correct die rolls, but fails to add any of the modifiers that I've input - saves, attacks, damage, skills, etc.&nbsp; It just shows the roll. Hi Jenner, that's odd.&nbsp; Can you post a screenshot of one of your attacks? example;

Edited 1599288938
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Jason H. said: I've rolled my own attack macros, and I'd like to add the buff notes to it, but I don't know the variable to call.&nbsp; I went to Settings and checked the attack roll template, but there doesn't seem to be any buff notes variable in there.&nbsp; Is this something players can call in a macro, or is it DM-level+ stuff? Hi Jason, if you hover over the notes section of the buff, you will see the attribute you can include in your macros.&nbsp; You can also use the rowID provided (substitute "$X" with the rowID) Given the info in the image above, you could use; @{selected|repeating_buff2_-l3pqavzwkrkesdimlmq_notes}&nbsp; This attribute's value can be displayed like any other sheet attribute. Although there isn't a specific key defined for buff notes, you should be able to include a "generic" key=value pair within a macro. &amp;{template:pf_attack} {{Buff Notes=@{selected|repeating_buff2_-l3pqavzwkrkesdimlmq_notes}}}
Hi Jason, if you hover over the notes section of the buff, you will see the attribute you can include in your macros.&nbsp; You can also use the rowID provided (substitute "$X" with the rowID) Given the info in the image above, you could use; @{selected|repeating_buff2_-l3pqavzwkrkesdimlmq_notes}&nbsp; This attribute's value can be displayed like any other sheet attribute. Although there isn't a specific key defined for buff notes, you should be able to include a "generic" key=value pair within a macro. &amp;{template:pf_attack} {{Buff Notes=@{selected|repeating_buff2_-l3pqavzwkrkesdimlmq_notes}}} Thanks, Vince.&nbsp; You folks are amazing.