Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

@MoldyVoldy, there are lots of different ways of doing some of these macros, but editing the iterative attack macro shouldn't generally be necessary. It's definitely possible to have more than one of them in the same field. You just have to add them together. Here are a few examples of my preferred way (which generally involves a prompt asking the player if they want to use that particular feat) to handle the feats you mentioned: Power Attack: Melee Attack Insert Macro: ?{Power Attack?|Yes,[[ (floor(@{bab} / 4) + 1) ]]|No, 0} * -1 Damage Insert Macro (on each individual weapon): ?{Power Attack?} * 2 * @{damage_ability_mult} Deadly Aim: Ranged Attack Insert Macro: ?{Deadly Aim?|Yes,[[(floor(@{bab} / 4) + 1)]]|No, 0} * -1 Ranged Damage Insert Macro: ?{Deadly Aim?}*2 You could combine Deadly Aim with a macro about firing into melee like this: Ranged Attack Insert Macro: ?{Firing Into Melee|No,0|Yes,(-4)|2 sizes larger,(-2)} + (?{Deadly Aim?|Yes,[[(floor(@{bab} / 4) + 1)]]|No, 0} * -1) Ranged Damage Insert Macro: ?{Deadly Aim?}*2 I combine my Point-Blank Shot macro with a range macro on an individual weapon basis. Here's what it looks like for a composite longbow: Attack Insert Macro (on individual weapon): ?{Range|Up to 30 feet,1|Up to 110 feet,0|Up to 220 feet,-2|Up to 330 feet,-4|Up to 440 feet,-6|Up to 550 feet,-8|Up to 660 feet,-10|Up to 770 feet,-12|Up to 880 feet,-14|Up to 990 feet,-16|Up to 1100 feet,-18} Damage Insert Macro (on individual weapon): {0, ?{Range}}kh1 This works (with appropriate adjustments to the range increments) for any weapon with a range increment of at least 30'. Here's what it looks like for a range increment of 10': Attack Insert Macro (on individual weapon): ?{Range|Up to 10 feet,1|Up to 20 feet,-1|Up to 30 feet,-3|Up to 40 feet,-6|Up to 50 feet,-8} Damage Insert Macro (on individual weapon): [[ { [[ { (?{Range} + 4), 1}kl1 ]], 0}kh1 ]] YMMV. These macros fit with my particular preferences, but not everyone's. There are certainly other ways they can be made to work as well. I hope you find this useful. MoldyVoldy said: Greetings and well met. First and foremost, thanks for the great sheet. This has made my gaming life SO much easier and enjoyable. Y'all are awesome! All the documentation and wiki stuff is great and has gotten me a good way into the basics of the sheet. I'm tripping up on getting Insert Macros and Global Attack/Dam macros to work with iterative attacks. For instance, I throw a Power Attack macro into the Atk and Dam insert macros; it works for the primary attack, but not for the iterative. What am I missing. I'm guessing I have to edit the iterative attack macro, but I can't find what needs to be changed. Another quick one... When using the Insert Macros, can one have more than one macro? Say, Point Blank and Deadly Aim? Is there a way to have multiple queries or do I have to break them out into different places? Thank you very much for any help you can offer.
Hey Joe. Thanks so much for the reply. As I said, newb here, so I don't know how to read/write the macros much yet. I'm not sure how all the brackets and curly brackets are used to combine and group. I am using stuff from both the Sheet Wiki and the Common Pathfinder Macros list, so my macros don't look like yours. I'm gonna copy yours to my list so I can learn them, but I'd like to see how the following combine to help understand. Let's say, favored enemy and power attack. individual macros are as follows: [[ ?{Favored Enemy?|No, 0|Yes, 2} ]] -[[ ?{Power Attack?|Yes,1|No,0}*(1+floor(@{bab}/4)) ]] Those were pulled from the sheet wiki I believe. If I put them both in the Add-to spot, then it doesn't work. Is it because of brackets and stuff? Or, where is a good place to learn more of this stuff (besides asking the collective mind)? Joe B. said: @MoldyVoldy, there are lots of different ways of doing some of these macros, but editing the iterative attack macro shouldn't generally be necessary. It's definitely possible to have more than one of them in the same field. You just have to add them together. Here are a few examples of my preferred way (which generally involves a prompt asking the player if they want to use that particular feat) to handle the feats you mentioned:
Are you putting a plus sign between them (or in this particular case a minus sign)? Remember that the point of each macro is to come up with a specific number to add to the roll. Don't put them on separate lines either. Think of it as a math problem. 2 + 2 works well, but Roll20 doesn't know what to do with 2 2 . If you want to use the two specific macros you listed, do it like this: [[ ?{Favored Enemy?|No, 0|Yes, 2} ]] - [[ ?{Power Attack?|Yes,1|No,0}*(1+floor(@{bab}/4)) ]], all one one line. I don't know of any resources for learning how macros work other than the wiki/support pages. Honestly, the vast majority of what I know comes from reading (and several re-readings of) the wiki combined with trial and error and the occasional post here. BTW, make sure you're looking at the dice reference too, not just the macros pages. MoldyVoldy said: Hey Joe. Thanks so much for the reply. As I said, newb here, so I don't know how to read/write the macros much yet. I'm not sure how all the brackets and curly brackets are used to combine and group. I am using stuff from both the Sheet Wiki and the Common Pathfinder Macros list, so my macros don't look like yours. I'm gonna copy yours to my list so I can learn them, but I'd like to see how the following combine to help understand. Let's say, favored enemy and power attack. individual macros are as follows: [[ ?{Favored Enemy?|No, 0|Yes, 2} ]] -[[ ?{Power Attack?|Yes,1|No,0}*(1+floor(@{bab}/4)) ]] Those were pulled from the sheet wiki I believe. If I put them both in the Add-to spot, then it doesn't work. Is it because of brackets and stuff? Or, where is a good place to learn more of this stuff (besides asking the collective mind)?
Pretty much how I'm doing it too. Trial and error. Edit script; check math in chat. I had tried several variations along what you've suggested. I didn't try just the +/-, and I don't think I realized about the one line bit, so I'll try that. Very much appreciate the help. Joe B. said: Are you putting a plus sign between them (or in this particular case a minus sign)? Remember that the point of each macro is to come up with a specific number to add to the roll. Don't put them on separate lines either. Think of it as a math problem. 2 + 2 works well, but Roll20 doesn't know what to do with 2 2 . If you want to use the two specific macros you listed, do it like this: [[ ?{Favored Enemy?|No, 0|Yes, 2} ]] - [[ ?{Power Attack?|Yes,1|No,0}*(1+floor(@{bab}/4)) ]], all one one line. I don't know of any resources for learning how macros work other than the wiki/support pages. Honestly, the vast majority of what I know comes from reading (and several re-readings of) the wiki combined with trial and error and the occasional post here. BTW, make sure you're looking at the dice reference too, not just the macros pages. MoldyVoldy said: Hey Joe. Thanks so much for the reply. As I said, newb here, so I don't know how to read/write the macros much yet. I'm not sure how all the brackets and curly brackets are used to combine and group. I am using stuff from both the Sheet Wiki and the Common Pathfinder Macros list, so my macros don't look like yours. I'm gonna copy yours to my list so I can learn them, but I'd like to see how the following combine to help understand. Let's say, favored enemy and power attack. individual macros are as follows: [[ ?{Favored Enemy?|No, 0|Yes, 2} ]] -[[ ?{Power Attack?|Yes,1|No,0}*(1+floor(@{bab}/4)) ]] Those were pulled from the sheet wiki I believe. If I put them both in the Add-to spot, then it doesn't work. Is it because of brackets and stuff? Or, where is a good place to learn more of this stuff (besides asking the collective mind)?

Edited 1611870993
Doesn't quite work. As you said, each expression equals a number. When you put a -/+ in between it adds or subtracts the one expression from the other. In other words, it took the -2 for power attack and added (or subtracted) the 2 for favored enemy, and only output one number to the attack macro (as seen from the formula in the chat box). It looked like the following (the minus infront of the power attack is to make the whole expression a negative, right? math isn't right without it): -[[ ?{Power Attack?|Yes,1|No,0}*(1+floor(@{bab}/4)) ]] + [[ ?{Favored Enemy?|No, 0|Yes, 2} ]] In this case, we get -2 + 2 = 0 to the roll. If it was a minus between the two, we get -4. Do curly brackets have anything to do here? Seems to me that the two expressions need to be isolated so they output two numbers. The issue is mitigated by utilizing the global attack/dam/ranged/melee macros. The game I'm building is only 4th level, so easy enough to find places for the various low level shenanigans. But I'm imagining this might be more difficult at higher levels when there are more choices. Joe B. said: If you want to use the two specific macros you listed, do it like this: [[ ?{Favored Enemy?|No, 0|Yes, 2} ]] - [[ ?{Power Attack?|Yes,1|No,0}*(1+floor(@{bab}/4)) ]], all one one line.
It really seems to me that there is only one value in the formula (when moussing over the final number in the chat) to take that particular macro result. Output is always "Rolling 1d8 + 4 [Total] +3 [Macro] + 0 + 0 = (4) + 4 + 3 + 0 + 0". The other two zeros come from the "All Attack Macros" section, I believe. Please correct me if I'm wrong. And if this is correct, then the "Add-to-Roll" macros can only do one thing at a time. At least with my knowledge of Boolean logic.

Edited 1611886280
It sounds like you're misunderstanding the intent of the extra macro fields. The point isn't to have one field for each individual modifier that you're using, but rather to actually get the math right when you're making a roll. There is no "outputting" of numbers. Each field evaluates to a single number, and all of the relevant numbers get added together as part of the roll. There is no way built into the sheet to get more modifiers to show up when you hover over the roll. To do that, you'd have to edit the built-in attack macro code. If you're worried about trying to get the damage right based on choices made in the attack, worrying about what's in each individual field won't help. You need to rely on the roll queries instead. For example, look at the Deadly Aim attack macro that I posted earlier: ?{Deadly Aim?|Yes,[[(floor(@{bab} / 4) + 1)]]|No, 0} * -1. What this macro says is to prompt the player with "Deadly Aim?" and give them two choices: "Yes" and "No". If they choose "Yes", the value of ?{Deadly Aim?} becomes the character's BAB divided by 4, rounded down, plus 1. If they choose "No", the value of ?{Deadly Aim?} becomes 0. Then the query gets multiplied by -1 so that it actually serves as a penalty on the attack roll. Now look at the Deadly Aim damage macro I posted: ?{Deadly Aim?}*2. When it sees the same query as before, ?{Deadly Aim?}, it doesn't ask the player again. It just remembers what value was assigned to it before and works with that. Here, it just multiplies that value by 2 as a bonus to damage. It doesn't matter if the Deadly Aim macro is the only one in the field or not. As long as the text in the query matches, it works. Does this help? MoldyVoldy said: Doesn't quite work. As you said, each expression equals a number. When you put a -/+ in between it adds or subtracts the one expression from the other. In other words, it took the -2 for power attack and added (or subtracted) the 2 for favored enemy, and only output one number to the attack macro (as seen from the formula in the chat box). It looked like the following (the minus infront of the power attack is to make the whole expression a negative, right? math isn't right without it): -[[ ?{Power Attack?|Yes,1|No,0}*(1+floor(@{bab}/4)) ]] + [[ ?{Favored Enemy?|No, 0|Yes, 2} ]] In this case, we get -2 + 2 = 0 to the roll. If it was a minus between the two, we get -4. Do curly brackets have anything to do here? Seems to me that the two expressions need to be isolated so they output two numbers. The issue is mitigated by utilizing the global attack/dam/ranged/melee macros. The game I'm building is only 4th level, so easy enough to find places for the various low level shenanigans. But I'm imagining this might be more difficult at higher levels when there are more choices. Joe B. said: If you want to use the two specific macros you listed, do it like this: [[ ?{Favored Enemy?|No, 0|Yes, 2} ]] - [[ ?{Power Attack?|Yes,1|No,0}*(1+floor(@{bab}/4)) ]], all one one line.
In a round about way, that does answer the question. Joe B. said: It sounds like you're misunderstanding the intent of the extra macro fields. The point isn't to have one field for each individual modifier that you're using, but rather to actually get the math right when you're making a roll. There is no "outputting" of numbers. Each field evaluates to a single number, and all of the relevant numbers get added together as part of the roll. There is no way built into the sheet to get more modifiers to show up when you hover over the roll. To do that, you'd have to edit the built-in attack macro code. If you're worried about trying to get the damage right based on choices made in the attack, worrying about what's in each individual field won't help. You need to rely on the roll queries instead. For example, look at the Deadly Aim attack macro that I posted earlier: ?{Deadly Aim?|Yes,[[(floor(@{bab} / 4) + 1)]]|No, 0} * -1. What this macro says is to prompt the player with "Deadly Aim?" and give them two choices: "Yes" and "No". If they choose "Yes", the value of ?{Deadly Aim?} becomes the character's BAB divided by 4, rounded down, plus 1. If they choose "No", the value of ?{Deadly Aim?} becomes 0. Then the query gets multiplied by -1 so that it actually serves as a penalty on the attack roll. Now look at the Deadly Aim damage macro I posted: ?{Deadly Aim?}*2. When it sees the same query as before, ?{Deadly Aim?}, it doesn't ask the player again. It just remembers what value was assigned to it before and works with that. Here, it just multiplies that value by 2 as a bonus to damage. It doesn't matter if the Deadly Aim macro is the only one in the field or not. As long as the text in the query matches, it works. Does this help? MoldyVoldy said: Doesn't quite work. As you said, each expression equals a number. When you put a -/+ in between it adds or subtracts the one expression from the other. In other words, it took the -2 for power attack and added (or subtracted) the 2 for favored enemy, and only output one number to the attack macro (as seen from the formula in the chat box). It looked like the following (the minus infront of the power attack is to make the whole expression a negative, right? math isn't right without it): -[[ ?{Power Attack?|Yes,1|No,0}*(1+floor(@{bab}/4)) ]] + [[ ?{Favored Enemy?|No, 0|Yes, 2} ]] In this case, we get -2 + 2 = 0 to the roll. If it was a minus between the two, we get -4. Do curly brackets have anything to do here? Seems to me that the two expressions need to be isolated so they output two numbers. The issue is mitigated by utilizing the global attack/dam/ranged/melee macros. The game I'm building is only 4th level, so easy enough to find places for the various low level shenanigans. But I'm imagining this might be more difficult at higher levels when there are more choices. Joe B. said: If you want to use the two specific macros you listed, do it like this: [[ ?{Favored Enemy?|No, 0|Yes, 2} ]] - [[ ?{Power Attack?|Yes,1|No,0}*(1+floor(@{bab}/4)) ]], all one one line.
Is there a way to copy attacks on the sheet? Instead of having to do all (admittedly not a lot) data entry again.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
MoldyVoldy said: Is there a way to copy attacks on the sheet? Instead of having to do all (admittedly not a lot) data entry again. There isn't a method built into the PF Community sheet and I'm not sure if I've seen any sheet on roll20 that does...  I suppose a sheetworker could be written that copies one repeating row to a new one.  Maybe an API script (pro feature) like chatsetattr could do it as well.
∇ince said: MoldyVoldy said: Is there a way to copy attacks on the sheet? Instead of having to do all (admittedly not a lot) data entry again. There isn't a method built into the PF Community sheet and I'm not sure if I've seen any sheet on roll20 that does...  I suppose a sheetworker could be written that copies one repeating row to a new one.  Maybe an API script (pro feature) like chatsetattr could do it as well. I do have an Excel spreadsheet I use to create the "Macro Text" and "Iterative Attacks" that gives Bonus/Penalty to Hit/Damage, Point Blank, Rapid Shot, Power Attack, Deadly Aim, Arcane Strike, Bane, Favoured Enemy, Vital Strike, Bleed, Greater Bane. If you would like to try it just PM me.
Hi, How do I add a magic item like an amulet or ring that modifies the character's AC? It seems like the only way I can get equipment to modify AC is if I mark it as armor or shield, which seems to limit me to at most two items that modify AC. What am I missing? Thanks!

Edited 1612105369
Create a buff that represents the item. @Vince, a suggestion for the ever-growing feature request list: add two fields to the repeating equipment list--a buff field that contains the ID of a buff linked to that piece of equipment and a drop-down that says how the buff relates to that piece of equipment. The choices could be none or n/a, in which case nothing new would happen (this would be the default) always active, in which case the buff would be enabled as long as the item's location is anything other than "not carried" active while equipped, in which case the buff would be enabled as long as the item's location is anything other than "carried" or "not carried" toggle when used, in which case the roll template sent to chat would contain a button to toggle the buff on or off (actually I just remembered after posting this that this isn't possible without the API (right?), so scratch this option) Jason F. said: Hi, How do I add a magic item like an amulet or ring that modifies the character's AC? It seems like the only way I can get equipment to modify AC is if I mark it as armor or shield, which seems to limit me to at most two items that modify AC. What am I missing? Thanks!
Hey all, I've been running a mostly homebrew setting using this sheet, and i was wondering if there was a way to rename the existing skills on the sheet? as there is some we dont use, and some that have been changed. Thanks in advance!
Only by using a custom sheet and editing the code for the sheet itself. That said, you can add up to 10 miscellaneous skills, where you'd be able to list the changed skills in addition to the standard skills rather than in place of them. Icarus said: Hey all, I've been running a mostly homebrew setting using this sheet, and i was wondering if there was a way to rename the existing skills on the sheet? as there is some we dont use, and some that have been changed. Thanks in advance!
Joe B. said: Only by using a custom sheet and editing the code for the sheet itself. That said, you can add up to 10 miscellaneous skills, where you'd be able to list the changed skills in addition to the standard skills rather than in place of them. Thanks for the quick reply, We've been using the miscellaneous skills so far, but i had hoped we could also rename the existing ones. Not sure if i have the knowledge and skills to make my own sheet though. I assume the same holds true for renaming other parts of the sheet? like changing temp hp to wounds? or fame to reputation? etc etc. Thanks again.
It does. That said, if all you're doing is changing the names of things and not the underlying mechanics, you might be able to do something with the translation files if you're using it as a custom sheet. I've never looked into that, but it sounds like it should work. Icarus said: Joe B. said: Only by using a custom sheet and editing the code for the sheet itself. That said, you can add up to 10 miscellaneous skills, where you'd be able to list the changed skills in addition to the standard skills rather than in place of them. Thanks for the quick reply, We've been using the miscellaneous skills so far, but i had hoped we could also rename the existing ones. Not sure if i have the knowledge and skills to make my own sheet though. I assume the same holds true for renaming other parts of the sheet? like changing temp hp to wounds? or fame to reputation? etc etc. Thanks again.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Joe B. said: Create a buff that represents the item. @Vince, a suggestion for the ever-growing feature request list: add two fields to the repeating equipment list--a buff field that contains the ID of a buff linked to that piece of equipment and a drop-down that says how the buff relates to that piece of equipment. The choices could be none or n/a, in which case nothing new would happen (this would be the default) always active, in which case the buff would be enabled as long as the item's location is anything other than "not carried" active while equipped, in which case the buff would be enabled as long as the item's location is anything other than "carried" or "not carried" toggle when used, in which case the roll template sent to chat would contain a button to toggle the buff on or off (actually I just remembered after posting this that this isn't possible without the API (right?), so scratch this option) Jason F. said: Hi, How do I add a magic item like an amulet or ring that modifies the character's AC? It seems like the only way I can get equipment to modify AC is if I mark it as armor or shield, which seems to limit me to at most two items that modify AC. What am I missing? Thanks! There's a similar suggestion for somehow linking worn slotted items to buffs, or adding a buff sub-section to them... I like your idea of using a buff's id toggled on/off via an item's selector.  Yes, it would require API to edit or toggle attribute values.  The Pathfinder Companion Script (Scott C.) would probably be the obvious solution for such a feature.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
d100GM said: ∇ince said: MoldyVoldy said: Is there a way to copy attacks on the sheet? Instead of having to do all (admittedly not a lot) data entry again. There isn't a method built into the PF Community sheet and I'm not sure if I've seen any sheet on roll20 that does...  I suppose a sheetworker could be written that copies one repeating row to a new one.  Maybe an API script (pro feature) like chatsetattr could do it as well. I do have an Excel spreadsheet I use to create the "Macro Text" and "Iterative Attacks" that gives Bonus/Penalty to Hit/Damage, Point Blank, Rapid Shot, Power Attack, Deadly Aim, Arcane Strike, Bane, Favoured Enemy, Vital Strike, Bleed, Greater Bane. If you would like to try it just PM me. I'm sure there are many sheet users that would love to have access to that. ;-)  Maybe someone could convert it into a google sheet doc and shared publicly?

Edited 1612148186
Alex
Pro
Hey, uh, what's up with the iterative attacks? It looks like the iterative attacks got an individual damage type field that got autofilled with "p/b/s...?" that now appears on every iterative attack for every character sheet? It would be nice if it didn't create a new default that needs to be filled in on hundreds of my character sheets... placeholder text like you've got elsewhere would be appreciated!

Edited 1612165048
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Alex, I made a decision to include a default value in order to indicate that damage type is now available anywhere that damage is rolled.  I could have copied the primary damage type to each iterative, but I thought this was less "assuming"... I apologize for taking a more "in your face" approach.  The default, "p/b/s...?" can simply be ignored since it doesn't actually mean anything other than a damage type hasn't been specifically defined.  You can also just clear the field if you don't want to see anything displayed. EDIT: I've removed the default value for iterative damage types.
Can I ask what the thought process behind adding the field was? I'm not aware of any iterative attacks where the damage type changes from attack to attack.
∇ince said: d100GM said: ∇ince said: MoldyVoldy said: Is there a way to copy attacks on the sheet? Instead of having to do all (admittedly not a lot) data entry again. There isn't a method built into the PF Community sheet and I'm not sure if I've seen any sheet on roll20 that does...&nbsp; I suppose a sheetworker could be written that copies one repeating row to a new one.&nbsp; Maybe an API script (pro feature) like chatsetattr could do it as well. I do have an Excel spreadsheet I use to create the "Macro Text" and "Iterative Attacks" that gives Bonus/Penalty to Hit/Damage, Point Blank, Rapid Shot, Power Attack, Deadly Aim, Arcane Strike, Bane, Favoured Enemy, Vital Strike, Bleed, Greater Bane. If you would like to try it just PM me. I'm sure there are many sheet users that would love to have access to that. ;-)&nbsp; Maybe someone could convert it into a google sheet doc and shared publicly? Here is a OneDrive share link of my current version Pathfinder Roll20 Macro Attack Builder v1.40.xlsx&nbsp; <a href="https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkQGtvmQybsdhYkko_5tvxqXt-PJeQ?e=UMQCpx" rel="nofollow">https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkQGtvmQybsdhYkko_5tvxqXt-PJeQ?e=UMQCpx</a>

Edited 1612165923
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Joe B. said: Can I ask what the thought process behind adding the field was? I'm not aware of any iterative attacks where the damage type changes from attack to attack. I primarily included it just have the damage type listed next to the damage rolled. That said, I believe weapons with multiple damage types (ie "P or S") can be used differently throughout a full attack.&nbsp; Maybe you can beat the DR with one type of damage(S vs zombie) but perhaps get a different bonus with another. (P for Dex-mod to attack) ie Weapon Finesse. Or maybe you attack multiple enemies in which you want to use a different damage type for each... Maybe use a query for iterative damage type for these fringe cases. "?{type?}"&nbsp; Other use cases?

Edited 1612185844
When rolling attack macros in the chat, the detection box for hovering the mouse cursor over attack roll dice results to see the full equation is off. It only registers when the cursor hovers on the right-most border/pixels of the black/green/red dice result box. This only affects the attack roll. All other result boxes detect the cursor just fine.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The damage type for each iterative is an improvement that Vince and I had discussed after I suggested it. There are several use cases for this. The simplest is a dual wield character that uses two different damage type weapons Vince already mentioned using weapons that have something like B/P as their damage type In late game when you have many attacks, it makes the damage easier to read if its type is next to it in the template instead of being 5 attacks (and damages) down at the very bottom of the template And then there's the more esoteric and late game reasons If you have lots of damage bonuses/mods to a weapon (like say a flaming, shocking, corrosive longsword), the old way divorced the primary damage from its type making it potentially difficult to properly add up damage. Similar to the above, if you have a complicated attack routine (like say a gun chemist firing an alchemical cartridge that adds a damage type, and a save based effect) the mess of damage types and effects once again makes it potentially difficult to properly add up damage.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Jeff. I noticed the same the other night during our game, but then it seemed to mysteriously fix itself...&nbsp; I thought it was just a fluke. I'll have a look at that tonight.&nbsp; Jeff P. said: When rolling attack macros in the chat, the detection box for hovering the mouse cursor over attack roll dice results to see the full equation is off. It only registers when the cursor hovers on the right-most border/pixels of the black/green/red dice result box. This only affects the attack roll. All other result boxes detect the cursor just fine.
Hey Vince--you rock! Thanks. Had a high-level game with a bunch of iterative atacks and haste and stuff and the prospect of changing the p/b/s..? text on every iterative wasn't wonderfully appealing, let alone on all of my character sheets in all of my games. Regarding damage types for iteratives in general ... I wasn't asking for it but I think it's a nice enhancement! I haven't seen it come up much with things like lucerne hammers--often someone will want to select the same damage type repeatedly, based on the opponent. (Bludgeon those skeletons!) I don't see many people change the values in the character sheet on the fly so if you see that more in practice maybe it'll be more useful? But it is really helpful for all sorts of other weird things . Not being able to change the damage dice on each iterative makes this a bit of an edge case so far, but it means we can annotate stuff more effectively. Grapple checks from grab, two-weapon fighting or multiattack if the damage dice are the same... it's a nice tool. And now all I think we need are some custom damage dice for each iterative attack and all of a sudden we can set up a bunch of the natural attack stuff. Add a custom ability multiplier to damage dice and type and you get two-weapon fighting. I don't know if that's where this is going, but it's nice to think about!
∇ince said: Thanks Jeff. I noticed the same the other night during our game, but then it seemed to mysteriously fix itself...&nbsp; I thought it was just a fluke. I'll have a look at that tonight.&nbsp; Jeff P. said: When rolling attack macros in the chat, the detection box for hovering the mouse cursor over attack roll dice results to see the full equation is off. It only registers when the cursor hovers on the right-most border/pixels of the black/green/red dice result box. This only affects the attack roll. All other result boxes detect the cursor just fine. Just adding to this report, all players in my current session are reporting the same issue, and I've noticed it last week as well. It only seems to happen on rolls for the attack itself, but even stuff like critical confirm rolls work fine.

Edited 1612255920
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Sorry about the inline attack rolls being nearly impossible to hover over...&nbsp; I made a small correction last week to what I thought was a typo (mixed units in css shorthand is not good practice) So I changed this padding: 0.1rem 0.1rem 0.1rem .5em; to + padding: 0.1rem 0.1rem 0.1rem .5 rem ; (em is based on the documents initial font-size, while rem is based on the parent elements font-size) So this resulted in the attack roll being crowed out by the first element in the row. My bad. Fix coming ASAP:&nbsp; Pull Req submitted #8206
Hi guys, been using Roll20 for a bit with Pathfinder 1E and the official sheet in RotR, and now one of my gang wants to be a Magus. That's it. Nothing outrageous on macros or multiclassing or anything like that. Was wondering how to best incorporate this and my searches have lead me here... is this community sheet how to enable that, because I cannot find it in the one we're currently using? And how awkward is everything to translate over (other players more than happy with the official sheet). TIA, Matt
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Matt D. said: Hi guys, been using Roll20 for a bit with Pathfinder 1E and the official sheet in RotR, and now one of my gang wants to be a Magus. That's it. Nothing outrageous on macros or multiclassing or anything like that. Was wondering how to best incorporate this and my searches have lead me here... is this community sheet how to enable that, because I cannot find it in the one we're currently using? And how awkward is everything to translate over (other players more than happy with the official sheet). TIA, Matt Hi Matt, the official RotR ap(as well as the other paizo products on the marketplace) were setup on roll20 to integrate(to varying degrees) with the Official PF sheet by roll20.&nbsp; You should not change sheets for existing games since each sheet handles its unique set of attributes differently.&nbsp; &nbsp;Doing so can cause unforeseen incompatibilities, errors in sheet calculations, broken macros, etc. I haven't seen anyone post on converting roll20's RotR to the community sheet, so I'm not sure if/or how difficult it would be... The PF Community sheet is highly customizable and should be able to handle the Magus class even though there isn't any specific features built-in the class. Maybe someone who has successfully played a Magus with the community sheet can make some suggestions?
Hi Vince, thank you for the reply. I'd welcome suggestions, and I know this is the wrong place (please point me towards the right one) but I'm wondering how hard it is to create a facsimile of the Magus class within the official sheet if the community sheet doesn't work out. I don't do much messing around under the hood here, but willing to do a little tinkering to help my players.
Hey guys.&nbsp; Just tried Method 1 (your preferred method) just now after spending the last two weeks with the XML to JSON converter generating an error in the export.&nbsp; After pasting in the contents of the file, I got: "Unexpected token T in JSON at position 701".&nbsp; What could that mean?
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Greg said: Hey guys.&nbsp; Just tried Method 1 (your preferred method) just now after spending the last two weeks with the XML to JSON converter generating an error in the export.&nbsp; After pasting in the contents of the file, I got: "Unexpected token T in JSON at position 701".&nbsp; What could that mean? It means Hero Lab did something unexpected in the JSON; send me a copy of the character's XML and JSON exports so I can take a look at it.
Hi, I noticed that when adjusting damage based on size some of the values seem to be incorrect. As an example the butchering axe goes up from three to four d6 as appropriate but the bite which should increase to 1d8 only advances to 1d6, and the punch which should increase to 1d10&nbsp; only shows an increase to 1d8. For background I'm getting the values from a FAQ listed here . Thanks in advance for any help!

Edited 1612599122
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Joe P. said: Hi, I noticed that when adjusting damage based on size some of the values seem to be incorrect. As an example the butchering axe goes up from three to four d6 as appropriate but the bite which should increase to 1d8 only advances to 1d6, and the punch which should increase to 1d10&nbsp; only shows an increase to 1d8. For background I'm getting the values from a FAQ listed here . Thanks in advance for any help! Hi Joe, can you please provide some more details to help troubleshoot? List the default size and current size (as listed on the core tab) List the normal damage dice for each attack List the weapon size for each attack Apply the size change (change the current size) and; List the new current size (as listed on the core tab) List the new adjusted damage dice for each attack. List the weapon size for each attack Thanks
So I have a twofold question. I'm playing a path of war character, and I've set up my maneuvers as spells. Most maneuvers require a weapon attack, and I would like to reuse the one I've set up in the attack section. Is it possible to call a weapon attack from a spell? I've tried putting @{Ocho|repeating_weapon_$0_attack-roll} in the description, but that spat out basically every possible field, including many I'm not using. If that isn't possible, I've since been manually editing the macros of all my spells, and it mostly works, but I can't get the critical confirmation rolls and damage to only appear if I rolled a critical, like it does for a weapon attack roll. How do you do that?
RE: Herolab export I'm having problems. If I use the plugin I don't know what to do with the resulting HTML. I assumed copy-paste into the field on the sheet was the correct action, but that didn't do anything. So, I went and used the XML/JSON conversion method and I end up with a result in the field that says&nbsp; "t._name is undefined" and the character doesn't update. Any insights?

Edited 1613028479
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Josh I. said: So I have a twofold question. I'm playing a path of war character, and I've set up my maneuvers as spells. Most maneuvers require a weapon attack, and I would like to reuse the one I've set up in the attack section. Is it possible to call a weapon attack from a spell? I've tried putting @{Ocho|repeating_weapon_$0_attack-roll} in the description, but that spat out basically every possible field, including many I'm not using. If that isn't possible, I've since been manually editing the macros of all my spells, and it mostly works, but I can't get the critical confirmation rolls and damage to only appear if I rolled a critical, like it does for a weapon attack roll. How do you do that? I posted a couple options&nbsp; here (off-site).&nbsp; A better option for creating Spell Attacks might be; Create the attack from the spell using the "Create Atk" button. Copy the ID from the spell ie "-MTDI9wJzw4AJkB66z-k" Add a command button in the attack's Weapon Notes example format(substitute the spell's ID); [@{name}](~selected|repeating_spells_-MTDI9wJzw4AJkB66z-k_roll) After making your Spell Attack, use the "Spell" command button to list the details. Since the attack shows the attack roll and damage, you can either ignore any damage displayed with the spell details or delete the damage macro/query used when creating the spell attack. I'm going to add a sheet suggestion; auto-generate a command button in the weapon notes that can be used to execute the spell from chat.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
PhotoJoeCA said: RE: Herolab export I'm having problems. If I use the plugin I don't know what to do with the resulting HTML. I assumed copy-paste into the field on the sheet was the correct action, but that didn't do anything. So, I went and used the XML/JSON conversion method and I end up with a result in the field that says&nbsp; "t._name is undefined" and the character doesn't update. Any insights? ;-( I just noticed the last few steps are missing from the HL Import instructions. I'll make sure to add those. Pasting the htm contents (json) into the Hero Lab import box and clicking outside the field to trigger the import should be all that is needed. I just tested and that seems to be working for me...&nbsp; It may take a little time to import all the data depending on how complex of a character you are importing.&nbsp; Is this happening to every character you try and import?

Edited 1613567459
Ok so it feels like just as I figured out all my macros for the 3.5 sheet our group was using we switched to pathfinder... I'm trying to set it up so that when I roll my attack for a spell-like ability I get a target specified and the description of the ability. currently when I roll attack:&nbsp; it does not roll the damage, and I have tons of extra information when I roll the spec atk:&nbsp; &nbsp;I have the condensed information but don't have the attack or damage roll I feel like I'm fairly close but just can't figure it out.&nbsp;
The reason it's not rolling damage is because you're using the Damage field for specifying the target. Abilities don't include attack rolls. If you use the "Create Atk" button, it will add an attack you can roll for this ability. BTW, if you want the save lines not to show, remove the word "None" from the "save" field, and leave it blank. Popinfresh said: Ok so it feels like just as I figured out all my macros for the 3.5 sheet our group was using we switched to pathfinder... I'm trying to set it up so that when I roll my attack for a spell-like ability I get a target specified and the description of the ability. currently when I roll attack:&nbsp; it does not roll the damage, and I have tons of extra information when I roll the spec atk:&nbsp; &nbsp;I have the condensed information but don't have the attack or damage roll I feel like I'm fairly close but just can't figure it out.&nbsp;

Edited 1613618125
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
YI: I'm currently working on including a command button in the weapon notes back to the linked spells/abilities that was used to create the attack.&nbsp; Make a spell/ability-based attack and if you want/need more info, click the command button.

Edited 1613675630
Hey, did something change recently with the attack and damage macros? I used to be able to edit them directly for things like Power Attack, but they seem to be greyed out now.

Edited 1613686151
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Geoff H. said: Hey, did something change recently with the attack and damage macros? I used to be able to edit them directly for things like Power Attack, but they seem to be greyed out now. Hi Geoff, the Attack and Damage macro fields are only provided to show what is being calculated in the attack and damage macro attributes that are used in the Full Macro. ie&nbsp;@{attack_macro} and&nbsp;@{damage_macro}. They are shown for reference but are not directly editable.&nbsp; If I recall, there was a time they were temporarily exposed for editing, but that was a coding oversight/mistake because the sheetworkers overwrite any changes made to those particular attributes. You can edit the Full Macro and/or any of the "sub-macros" that are included in the Attack and Damage macros.&nbsp; You can use the "Extra Damage or Attack Modifiers" section to globally modify all attacks or more specifically according to the type of attack, and/or you can edit per-attack macros using the "Extra Damage" and "Add-to-Roll" sub-sections.&nbsp; There are some great examples on how to use these fields to modify your attacks on the PF Community sheet guide on the wiki.
Two bugs to report: Strength penalties to damage are also multiplied, not just bonuses. As a simple example, if an animal companion has 9 Str and only a single natural attack, such that it gets x1.5 Str, it should only have a -1 penalty to damage, not -2 (-1*1.5 = -1.5, round toward -inf for -2) I have a character who has an ability that lets them ignore ACP on Ride checks. (Technically only with their animal companion, but since that'll be the vast majority of Ride checks, I'm just adding it to the Ride skill itself on the sheet) I tried various modifiers like -@{acp} or -1*@{acp}, but it always evaluates to 0. However, @{acp} still evaluated to -4, and just adding a constant 4 worked as expected. And one feature request: Is it possible to add Level Basis to abilities, even if you give NA as a source? I use Spheres of Power, and while I work on a personal fork with proper fields, I've been using Source: Race, Level Basis, and a few custom attributes as a fairly elegant workaround. The drawback is just that it winds up giving the race as a source, so I either have to remove the Source line from the macro or just deal with things like "Source Halfling (0)" in the output

Edited 1614057117
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Justin, 1.&nbsp; I'm not a rules lawyer, but I did a quick search; "Wielding a Weapon Two-Handed: When you deal damage with a weapon that you are wielding two-handed, you add 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus (Strength penalties are not multiplied)."-Core Rulebook, page 179 Do you have a reference that shows that strength penalties are also multiplied? Or errata? My bad Justin. I think I read your comment,&nbsp; "Strength penalties to damage are also multiplied, not just bonuses." as a statement of fact. lol&nbsp; I will add this as a bug; "Damage ability multiplier should not be applied to penalties". &nbsp;2.&nbsp; To remove ACP altogether ie Cavaliers mount ability.&nbsp; Use abs(@{acp}) in misc macro column. Suggestion - Spheres of Power; Apologies but I'm not sure I understand the suggestion... Maybe post a screenshot with some additional explanation.

Edited 1614048906
∇ince said: Hi Justin, 1.&nbsp; I'm not a rules lawyer, but I did a quick search; "Wielding a Weapon Two-Handed: When you deal damage with a weapon that you are wielding two-handed, you add 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus (Strength penalties are not multiplied)."-Core Rulebook, page 179 Do you have a reference that shows that strength penalties are also multiplied? Or errata? For 1), I think he is talking about an animal companion with a natural attack. Core Rulebook p.182 says: "If you possess only one natural attack (such as a bite—two claw attacks do not qualify), you add 1–1/2 times your Strength bonus on damage rolls made with that attack." I think the sheet does this (but I'm not sure). But if the animal companion has a STR penalty , he is saying it should not multiply the penalty. I can't find a reference for this in the rules, but it makes sense to me. Basically I think he is saying the sheet can't just blanket multiply STR modifier by 1.5 -- it needs to verify the STR mod is &gt;= 0 before multiplying it.