Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

Edited 1490061736
chris b. said: Instead you can paste it @{repeating_ability_<ID>_whatever_max}  into one of the new macros in the "Notes" page, in the top section. (because the top section evaluates to numbers) Paste it in one that has a value and max value, and it will set the max value to a number. Then you can put customa4 ,customa5, customa6, etc as the field in the token bar.  Thanks for the help! Unfortunately, I still haven't managed to get it to work. @{repeating_ability_-kfubyzkcyxwod2gioxm_used} evaluates correctly, but for some reason @{repeating_ability_-kfubyzkcyxwod2gioxm_used|max} doesn't. (I entered the 3 manually, to make sure it passes to the token status bar.) I also tried replacing the -kfubyzkcyxwod2gioxm with $13, but that didn't work either. Scratch all of the above. I figured it out. I had to use @{repeating_ability_-kfubyzkcyxwod2gioxm_ max-calculation }. I've got it working now, thanks!
Just a suggestion, and I have not seen previous posts, but would it be possible to have a "Reset button" to reset HP, spelllike abilites, spellls used, etc So when they have a huge down time in between game, they can "reset" as its quicker.

Edited 1490068592
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
"used_max" should work actually .. you know maybe in those "edit time" (the ones with the (a) notes) may need "_max", and the others may need "|max", because the (a) macros i have to do a lookup in the sheetworker, and those seem to only take "_max" if that's true, that would be good to note, i will test that. Vraxim, thanks, that is on the list of ideas. should not be too hard. we have a reset for HP, but not for anything else.
How do I handle caster level for a Ranger? My caster level is Ranger Level - 3, but I can't see anywhere to put the -3 modifier on the Spells tab. If I manually change the Base Level field, then it gets forced back to my full class level on a reset.

Edited 1490127751
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
if you go to Settings, in the first section go to "advanced" and check display "user defined fields" then I think a misc field will appear there. im going to be upgrading the misc adjustment to a macro field soon.
Thanks Chris. Another thing to add to the wish list - the spell descriptions output to the chat window should have a "I've cast the spell" button, which removes a prepared spell from the list (or reduces the number of available slots for spontaneous casters). It shouldn't be when the spell's name is clicked from the spellbook (because I often use this to read the spell descriptions), but an optional extra step.

Edited 1490190221
This may be something simple I am missing, but I am having trouble setting up a macro to use the NPC Buttons.  For example, I have a brand new monster set up, copied and parsed from the Compendium.  An example of a macro I set up is @{selected|NPC-attacks}  .  When I use it I get this error. Am I doing something wrong here? Edit:  On further testing, the other buttons seem to be working... just the NPC-attack button seems to be broken when I put it in a macro.

Edited 1490193056
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Button rolls on the PF sheet should all be using " % ", so try  %{selected|NPC-attacks} Some rolls on the sheet were using @ or just called the value of the roll instead of the actual button name.  I know I changed this on the menu buttons, but all rolls on the sheet should be using %. Cheers
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Samuel Penn said: Another thing to add to the wish list - the spell descriptions output to the chat window should have a "I've cast the spell" button, which removes a prepared spell from the list (or reduces the number of available slots for spontaneous casters). It shouldn't be when the spell's name is clicked from the spellbook (because I often use this to read the spell descriptions), but an optional extra step. that's a good idea, i was thinking about the same thing and how to just look at a spell without having the API companion auto decrement. (once the api companion exists)
Vince said: Button rolls on the PF sheet should all be using " % ", so try  %{selected|NPC-attacks} Some rolls on the sheet were using @ or just called the value of the roll instead of the actual button name.  I know I changed this on the menu buttons, but all rolls on the sheet should be using %. Cheers Thanks for the quick reply Vince.  I actually had suspected it might be that, but I am afraid it still does not work for me.  When I set my macro up in the way you describe. I dont get an error, but It seems to be calling the PC attacks macro... I had thought for a while that the info imported from the compendium was some how broken, but when I use the NPC Button for Attacks INSIDE the sheet, it works fine... Any thoughts?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
does your sheet say version 1.18 or 1.19? I believe this is fixed in 1.19, you may need to hit recalc to regenerate the menus.
Hi, so one of my players had a condition pop up on her character sheet and she doesn't know how it appeared. I've looked through the character sheet but can't seem to find where it is coming from. The condition is called "critical," I've attached a picture of it if it helps at all. Thanks!
chris b. said: does your sheet say version 1.18 or 1.19? I believe this is fixed in 1.19, you may need to hit recalc to regenerate the menus. 1.18, but it is a brand new character I created today.  I hit recalc on the character sheet and no change...

Edited 1490214089
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yeah so  it should be fixed in 1.19, that should come out today or tomorrow. that should fix it.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Gavin C. said: Hi, so one of my players had a condition pop up on her character sheet and she doesn't know how it appeared. I've looked through the character sheet but can't seem to find where it is coming from. The condition is called "critical," I've attached a picture of it if it helps at all. Thanks! i think that is the wounds, in the health & wounds section, there should be a wounds section, where critical is marked due to HP being low (if you hover over it explains what it is) if you are not using the wounds system, then on the settings go to  "rules" and "unchained" and turn off the wounds rules.

Edited 1490238563
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
chris b. said: yeah so  it should be fixed in 1.19, that should come out today or tomorrow. that should fix it. v1.19 is up for me.  Looks to be fixed now. First attacks menu was %{selected|attacks} second one was %{selected|NPC-attacks}
Vince said: v1.19 is up for me.  Looks to be fixed now. Indeed working wonderfully.  You guys are amazing, thank you so much.
chris b. said: Gavin C. said: Hi, so one of my players had a condition pop up on her character sheet and she doesn't know how it appeared. I've looked through the character sheet but can't seem to find where it is coming from. The condition is called "critical," I've attached a picture of it if it helps at all. Thanks! i think that is the wounds, in the health & wounds section, there should be a wounds section, where critical is marked due to HP being low (if you hover over it explains what it is) if you are not using the wounds system, then on the settings go to  "rules" and "unchained" and turn off the wounds rules. This popped up on a new NPC using the "parse" feature.  I had to turn on the wounds under unchained, then turn them back off for it to go away.  Something done in the import might have confused it.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Caleb C. said: This popped up on a new NPC using the "parse" feature.  I had to turn on the wounds under unchained, then turn them back off for it to go away.  Something done in the import might have confused it. ok thanks, that is weird, definitely a bug. was it a certain creature in the compendium you were parsing? i can look into it and see what caused it.
chris b. said: Caleb C. said: This popped up on a new NPC using the "parse" feature.  I had to turn on the wounds under unchained, then turn them back off for it to go away.  Something done in the import might have confused it. ok thanks, that is weird, definitely a bug. was it a certain creature in the compendium you were parsing? i can look into it and see what caused it. Ran into the same bug. I was making sheets for air elementals for elemental swarm (Large, Huge, and Greater) if that helps at all. On a slightly different note, it seems when I try to parse creatures it likes to put a -90 HP modifier. It is a fairly simple fix to delete, but I thought I would bring it up.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
I am trying to use the generic roll template and design my own macro but have a small issue. The rows of text are not staying on the same line. /w GM ?{Base DC|1} &{template:pf_generic} @{toggle_accessible_flag} @{toggle_rounded_flag} {{color=@{rolltemplate_color}}} {{header_image=@{Mel|header_image-pf_generic}}} {{name=tries to work his Spellcraft}} {{character_name=@{Mel|character_name}}} {{character_id=@{Mel|character_id}}} {{subtitle=Crafting Wondorous Item}} {{lefttext_1=**Base DC**}} {{righttext_1==[[?{Base DC|}]]}} {{lefttext_2=**DC Mod for 1/2 Time**}} {{righttext_2=**+5**}} {{lefttext_3=3nd row L}} {{righttext_3=3nd row R}} Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks

Edited 1490309104
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
don't use the lefttext righttext, those are just to justify content left or right but are one wide column each. do this: {{**DC Mod for 1/2 Time**=**+5**}}

Edited 1490309554
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
That worked. Thanks so much!
Any chance you could make something to make a token action from the sheet for things like weapon attacks and spells? I have been typing everything up as token actions lately, and having a quick button to transfer the weapon attack I already put on the sheet to a token action would be amazing. If token actions cant be made from the sheet, then maybe something to output the macro we could copy to a token action would be great.
After scrolling through the recent updates to the sheet I still don't see anyone else posting about this so I'm starting to wonder if it is only me. My spontaneous spellcasting player is experiencing an issue where their "# Used" columns for spells are not updating when updating the "Used" field on individual spells.  I doublechecked this for each spell level and the column is definitely not set to "Total Spells Manually" Is anyone else experiencing this?
Dresmyr said: Any chance you could make something to make a token action from the sheet for things like weapon attacks and spells? I have been typing everything up as token actions lately, and having a quick button to transfer the weapon attack I already put on the sheet to a token action would be amazing. If token actions cant be made from the sheet, then maybe something to output the macro we could copy to a token action would be great. I did this with the new menu buttons like this: click the menu button (like Spellbook: Class).  Click on the text box and push the up arrow.  Copy/paste that text into an Ability on the 3rd tab of the Sheet, then check the box to make it a token action.   I made a base sheet for the campaign that I've duplicated for all other sheets so that I have the token actions all built in.  Hope that helps!

Edited 1490387702
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
DarthMask said: My spontaneous spellcasting player is experiencing an issue where their "# Used" columns for spells are not updating when updating the "Used" field on individual spells.  I doublechecked this for each spell level and the column is definitely not set to "Total Spells Manually" i'll check it out.. edit: found the bug. if he checks "prepared" the totals will show correctly. i will put a fix in for next week's build
Hey guys, love the updates so far, but my friends and I have found a bit of a problem regarding the Hero Lab import feature. It seems that weapons, armor and inventories (Including gold) won't transfer properly (For us at least) when following the steps. Are we missing something, or is this a known bug?
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Adam C. said: Hey guys, love the updates so far, but my friends and I have found a bit of a problem regarding the Hero Lab import feature. It seems that weapons, armor and inventories (Including gold) won't transfer properly (For us at least) when following the steps. Are we missing something, or is this a known bug? Armor and inventory should be importing, but gold and attacks shouldn't.  If nothing is showing up in the inventory tab after importing a character, send me the XML file so I can figure out what's going on.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
I have reported this as well. Happens when I always use Chrome. Happens sometimes when I use Firefox. Also CL for bonuses for a any particular spell does not import. When inventory is imported, its is all marked as Not Carried When slot items are imported, its slot is not not selected and it is marked as Not Carried. Some Magic Items mods are not added, like Gloves of Elvenkind. Just to name a few things. With the latest version Firefox is working even less now.
i absolutely cannot for the life of me i constantly have dex penalized. someone help

Edited 1490499503
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Allyre, do you have a "0" in Max Dex for your armor or shield? That is usually the case. You can change it to "-" now and it will not put a limit on dex also try toggling conditions on and off that can affect dexterity: pinned, helpless, cowering, flat footed, stunned. toggle them slowly since they take a couple seconds. finally try hitting the ↺ Recalc button 
I have would up accidentally getting some condition auto-added to a character, that's somehow screwing up my AC calculations. Not sure how to fix it. Some images of what I can see. Help?

Edited 1490506202
The issue reported recently with Wound Thresholds appearing when not enabled has happened for me as well, for a PC sheet created just a few days ago.  I haven't noticed it for older ones. Enabling and then disabling Display Wound Thresholds in settings only worked until something else changes on the sheet -- in my case enabling a buff.  It seems to be a bug only affecting some sheets (assuming just ones created recently).
Hey there - tremendously sorry if this appears anywhere else- have searched and searched for whether or not it's something I need to mess with in the config and can't find anything, so have to ask a question. In previous versions of the sheet there was a 'Misc' Caster Level adjustment box one could use to adjust CL when synched. (In this case I have a druid with the Magical Knack Trait) - instead of using that I had to decouple the class connection and manually set the level. Is there a config option I am missing to get this box back? (Another character of mine /has/ a misc adjustment that I can no longer see on the sheet.)
Jesse T. said: In previous versions of the sheet there was a 'Misc' Caster Level adjustment box one could use to adjust CL when synched. (In this case I have a druid with the Magical Knack Trait) - instead of using that I had to decouple the class connection and manually set the level. Is there a config option I am missing to get this box back? (Another character of mine /has/ a misc adjustment that I can no longer see on the sheet.) You need to enable the 'Display user defined fields' under the Advanced section of the Settings dialogue. This gives you the 'Misc' modifier box. I had to ask the same question when trying to figure out how to do the -3 CL for a Ranger.
I can't seem to find this issue.. I have issues with the NPC sheets 3 times now.  First the %{selected|attacks} isn't working, even when turning off the NPC flag.  Second, %{selected|NPC-attacks} is working, but I am unable to make the rolls public.  When I reload the sheet, is auto selects the Whisper-GM option, even though I had the public rolls option selected.  Normally i would just re-create the sheets, but these are unique NPC's and time consuming to re-do.
I seem to have a sticky Condition that i cant remove. For reasons i'm not... ENTIRELY sure of, either when i transferred the sheet from 0.74 to 1.18, or some later transition, my character's HP had a miscellaneous HP bonus of 46, and a current HP of 45. This gave the character 45/100 HP. Obviously the misc being an error, i erased it. The sheet recalculated my max HP and promptly set me to...-1/54. This caused a Condition to be applied to my character: Critical. I reset my HP, so my HP is now 54/54, as it should be. However the Condition hasn't disappeared. It's not applying a debuff to my rolls, which is fine, but the condition is still listed at the top of my sheet, and I cant find a way to remove it.

Edited 1490580076
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
go to settings, rules section, unchained row, toggle wound thresholds on and off. this should be fixed in 1.20 coming out this week. I also added a switch to turn off the "increase hp when max hp increases" since it seems to cause problems for some sheets.

Edited 1490590524
I believe the weapon crit multi is not calculating correctly. It seems to be showing the multi as 1 less than the listed multi. For example a x2 multi displays the bonus damage as a *1 in the calculations. In the image below I tested the range of multi and what the sheet shows. From left to right; x0, x1, x2, and x3 multi.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
it is one less because it is in addition to the original. so you have to add the original damage row to the crit damage row, not just use the crit damage.
Ahh, that makes total sense.

Edited 1490709855
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
new build, you should see around Wednesday: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... In this version (1.20): Settings page: added setting to turn update curr hp when max hp changes on or off Fix to "critical" wounds turning on Fix to spell totals for spontaneous casters Fix to (compendium) monster parsing: engulf, swallow whole, constrict, and hitpoints
Is there a way to add clickable links to spells etc. in an item? I have a pc who has a staff of healing and was asking if he can add clickable options in the staff itself.

Edited 1490617851
Magik
Sheet Author
You can 1) create the spell in the spell list, 2) create the item in inventory, 3) put some flavor text in the item description followed by the spell roll, such as:&nbsp;%{&lt;character name&gt;|repeating_spells_&lt;spell ID&gt;_roll} Now when you "roll" the item, it will launch the spell.

Edited 1490646331
Jhwk
Pro
Ah I see I was doing something like: [Staff Spell1](~@{&lt;character name&gt;|repeating_items_&lt;item ID&gt;_roll},&nbsp;[Staff Spell2](~@{&lt;character name&gt;|repeating_items_&lt;item ID&gt;_roll} it needs a clickable button and what I did before is make a "dummy" item that had a dice roll in the description. I'll try it with a spell but is there a way to add clickable buttons so the spell doesn't go off every time? EDIT: Wow, finally got it after hours... ended up being "[Spell1](~&lt;character ID&gt;|repeating_spells_&lt;spell ID&gt;_roll)"

Edited 1490646998
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You should be able to add a link like that. Just make sure to use well character_id would be safer. the short description field is probably the best place to add it. It should show up correctly like other menu buttons, but I assume you want the link to be to the spell , not to another item: [spell1](~@{character_id}|repeating_spells_&lt;id&gt;_roll) edit: ok you figured it out :) sorry that took so long , I wasn't sure if that last } was a typo, but you have it correctly as ) in your update

Edited 1490655017
Jhwk
Pro
Weird I don't actually have an added "@" symbol in front of the character id (works though). I also ended up linking 2 "dummy" items instead. Will there be conflicts with this set up?

Edited 1490710903
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
oh you are pasting the character id itself? that works then. wait is that 'P' button showing up in production?
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
I am having a small issue while using Firebox. The Move\Delete button selector is nto clickable. &nbsp;When mousing over, I cannot click it. Works perfectly fine with Chrome.