Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

Edited 1495053321
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
oh i see it is way up there... i guess because it opens more more fields in the other sections too.. maybe we can make those checkboxes bigger or something. yes I totally forgot when fixing the skills, that if you change the value of the dropdown you have to reset it via javascript when you open the sheet, if not, then people have to manually toggle it. it didn't come up in testing cause we were changing it to test the different values, didn't test just "open an old sheet and hit skill"
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The Pathfinder Companion has now been turned on in the beta campaign. For the time being, log any problems you have in this thread. The help document on the  repo has also been updated with the full contents of the script's instructions.

Edited 1495077258
Not quite sure what I'm doing wrong, here. I used the dual wield option, and everything worked great. I went in to add the 3rd attack (that would be the main hand's iterative attack; via the Iterative Attacks area) on the dual wield attack. And the numbers I'm outputting as the modifiers on the roll seem to be just the -7 (light weapons in both hands, and the necessary -5 for the iterative attack) without any of the main hand's normal attack modifiers. I'm guessing I need to overhaul the macro itself, as the iterative attack checkboxes aren't quite outputting correctly with the dual-wield beta?

Edited 1495079068
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
you should only be changing the # of offhand iteratives on the dual wield section, not on the attacks themselves. If your BAB goes up, and mainhand iteratives go up, then it should update on its own.  If offhand iteratives go up, such as after taking the Improved or Greater feats, then update the "# of iteratives" in that "dual wield" section on top, then press the "update" button to the left. It will go add the extra iteratives to each attack. they completely ignore any iteratives on the 2 attacks that make up the dual wield attack. the only thing it pays attention to are the BAB and the # of offhand attacks field. let me know if that works. I guess i should hide the extra iteratives too when it's dual wield, and maybe put a note there too.
So it automates the 6+ main hand iteratives? Good to know. Thanks. :)
Is there a way to raise the CL and DC of a particular spell? There used to be but it looks like the option is no longer available; is it just hidden?

Edited 1495129396
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Make sure you are in Edit Mode(button at the top next the PF logo), make sure you have advanced fields enabled on the settings page, make sure you have "Show more Fields" enabled near the top of the Spells section.  On each spell near the bottom you have a Misc sub-section.  You can adjust CL and DC of THAT spell from there.

Edited 1495174736
Hey guys, so I have this kinda weird problem. My Dm is using his homebrew critical strike rules, which say that you make a critical strike if your attack roll exceeds the enemies AC by a set amount (3/7) you deal x2/x3 damage. I know with this isn't possible to implement directly, because the DM might not want to display the enemies AC. But you could display all possibilites with the damage roll, so the DM can choose the right amount. Now comes the problem: I have no clue how to implement this in the "macro text", but still with the entries in the sheet. Additional info: Elven Ranger Lvl 1 STR:10 DEX:20 CON:10 INT:15 WIS:13 CHA:9 I hope this is all you need and I thank you just for looking into his :D Thanks alot  PS: sorry for the crappy paint job I hope it is enough :/ Edit:Thanks a lot  Vince

Edited 1495138552
I'll try for this one as well, as I've only been able to figure out how to do step one of this process. I have a player looking to use Mythic Power Attack. That means their +3 damage bonus should be doubled on a critical hit BEFORE the critical modifier is applied. While I can figure out how to get the damage bonus to output under the extra damage options, I can't figure out how to (effectively) triple the modifier (double-double goes to triple, and all that rules jazz), but only on a critical. Any suggestions for somebody who is a self-admitted macro moron?

Edited 1495141083
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Krii3g3r one option is to add x2 and x3 crit damage to the end of your macro-text and it will always be displayed.  Obviously. if you score a crit as determined by your crit_target, the roll template is going to show crit damage as usual.  You'll need to decide ahead of time which x2 crit damage will be used... try adding this to the end of your macro-text (no line breaks) {{crit_damagex2=[[ [[ @{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1) ]]d@{damage-die} + ((@{damage_macro}) * [[ @{crit-multiplier} - 1 ]]) ]]}} {{crit_damagex3=[[ [[ @{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier}) ]]d@{damage-die} + ((@{damage_macro}) * [[ @{crit-multiplier} ]]) ]]}}  

Edited 1495141894
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jeff H: You can add that text to the "extra crit damage" field of the attack (or, if it's for all attacks, in the global extra crit damage field), since it's a flat number of points you are adding, it should be easy to add in. on the "type" you can put a desc like extra dmg, or "extra if spend 1 mythic pt" or something, 

Edited 1495151312
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Having issues with the Import. Myself and all of my friends cannot Import new Traits nor Feats. We have tried Chrome, Firefox, Windows 10, 7 and Vista yet new Feats and Traits will not import. Gear, Magic Items, and all modifiers (even those from the Feats and Traits) do seem to get added. The XML file shows these new Traits and Feats even after the conversion. Yet they do not import for some reason.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Mike, are you following the steps that James provided? <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet#HeroLab_Character_import" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet#HeroLab_Character_import</a>
Ever since the update, skills will not roll a d20 to add to the skill total before posting. &nbsp;It appears this step was eliminated from all the macros
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Max M. said: Ever since the update, skills will not roll a d20 to add to the skill total before posting. &nbsp;It appears this step was eliminated from all the macros change the "use take 10 or 20?" dropdown to something then back. it will fix the issue. sorry for the inconvenience.
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mike W. said: Having issues with the Import. Myself and all of my friends cannot Import new Traits nor Feats. We have tried Chrome, Firefox, Windows 10, 7 and Vista yet new Feats and Traits will not import. Gear, Magic Items, and all modifiers (even those from the Feats and Traits) do seem to get added. The XML file shows these new Traits and Feats even after the conversion. Yet they do not import for some reason. Send me an XML file you're having problems with, and I'll take a look at what's going on.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Max M. said: Ever since the update, skills will not roll a d20 to add to the skill total before posting. &nbsp;It appears this step was eliminated from all the macros This is a known issue Max... ;-( Vince said: Try toggling the "take 10/20" from skill options. (we fixed a weird bug with skill option queries and must have introduced this one by accident... We''ll get it squared way.) Thanks
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Vince Yes we follow it to the letter including some of our own notes. I have now checked with 3 other people in a different campaign they are having the same issue.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mike W. said: Having issues with the Import. Myself and all of my friends cannot Import new Traits nor Feats. Make sure the character sheet is not popped out into its own window, but "inside" the main Roll20 window. If it is popping out automatically each player can change this behavior on the settings (gear on upper right of chat area).

Edited 1495157506
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Chris Yes we have the sheets inline and not popped out. Only Spells and modifiers are importing. No Gear, No Abilities, and No Magic Items are importing. I tried into my setup campaign for which I imported into a black character sheet. Same exact results. Stats, modifiers (even those from gear and magic items), and spells import in fine.
I'm having an odd issue with the character sheet (version 1.52) that I am trying to create for my level 9 kensai magus.&nbsp; I'm trying to capture a few things in the attack macro. He sometimes has frostbite on his weapon, sometimes he doesn't. Sometimes he'll use Perfect Strike on a confirmed crit to increase the multiplier from x2 to x3 If he isn't increasing the enhancement bonus of his weapon to help get through DR, he's usually adding keen plus one energy burst enhancement. For #2, I am deciding to use it or not before I roll and just changing the critical multiplier on the attack. For 1 and 3 I am trying to code that into the Extra Non-Crit Dmg and Extra Crit Dmg boxes for the weapon.&nbsp; Since flaming burst crit damage depends on the multiplier of the weapon, I have to code the damage based on the multiplier. ?{Energy Burst?|None, * *|Flaming, [[ [[ (@{crit-multiplier}-1) ]]d10 ]] fire|Icy, [[ [[ (@{crit-multiplier}-1) ]]d10 ]] cold|Shocking, [[ [[ (@{crit-multiplier}-1) ]]d10 ]] electricity} Since I get to roll only double damage for the frostbite spell no matter the multiplier, I can easily add that part to the Extra crit damage field. ?{Is Frostbite active?|No, * *|Yes, [[1d6 + @{spellclass-0-level-total} ]] non-lethal cold}?{Energy Burst?|None, * *|Flaming, [[ [[ (@{crit-multiplier}-1) ]]d10 ]] fire|Icy, [[ [[ (@{crit-multiplier}-1) ]]d10 ]] cold|Shocking, [[ [[ (@{crit-multiplier}-1) ]]d10 ]] electricity} This by itself works great.&nbsp; It rolls 1d6+9 for the extra frostbite damage and then rolls 1d10 energy damage if my weapon multiplier is x2 or 2d10 if it is x3. The problem happens when I add the code of the Extra Non-Crit Dmg: ?{Is Frostbite active?|No, * *|Yes, [[1d6 + @{spellclass-0-level-total} ]] non-lethal cold + fatigue}?{Energy Burst?|None, * *|Flaming, [[1d6]] fire|Icy, [[1d6]] cold|Shocking, [[1d6]] electricity} Now, when both are in place, when the crit damage is rolled, I only get 1d6 damage rolled for the crit. What I suspect the sheet is doing is caching the query result and not checking to see whether another part of the macro is trying to redefine it.&nbsp; Once you've told the macro that Energy Burst = Flaming means roll 1d6 fire it assumes Flaming always means roll 1d6 fire, and that's not what I want. I could work around it by creating a new query variable and selecting the burst energy type a second time, but that seems suboptimal.

Edited 1495159144
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mike W. said: Chris Yes we have the sheets inline and not popped out. Only Spells and modifiers are importing. No Gear, No Abilities, and No Magic Items are importing. I tried into my setup campaign for which I imported into a black character sheet. Same exact results. Stats, modifiers (even those from gear and magic items), and spells import in fine. oh wait do you mean the Hero Lab importer? That does not import everything, but I'm not sure what exactly ti doesn't. James W can answer questions on that. &nbsp;but up above in the thread he answers something too. probably something we should add to the wiki.

Edited 1495159676
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Michael H. said: Once you've told the macro that Energy Burst = Flaming means roll 1d6 fire it assumes Flaming always means roll 1d6 fire, and that's not what I want. I could work around it by creating a new query variable and selecting the burst energy type a second time, but that seems suboptimal. Yes, that's how all the queries work. You have to use a different name for different results.&nbsp; You could try to do it differently like this: if frostbite is active, then 1 (not 1d6), else 0. then multiply THAT 1 or 0 by &nbsp;whatever dice you need: non crit: [[ ?{Is Frostbite active?|No, 0|Yes, 1}d6 + @{spellclass-0-level-total} ]] crit: (i think you can write subsequent query references like this): [[ ?{Is Frostbite active?}d6 + @{spellclass-0-level-total} ]] in the type you can put this text, " non-lethal cold + fatigue" and have i always print, it will just be non lethal cold [[0d6]] if it's not on same for energy burst, if on then 1, and then multiply by d6 or d10, but you'd have to have the type of energy damage be a separate query still.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Sorry I mean importing from Herolab's exported XML file. Following all the instructions, everything worked until sheet 1.52 came out. We checked the XML exported from HeroLab and the items and abilities are listed in the XML file. We checked the file after running through the JSON converter and the items and abilities are listed there as well. After we Import into Roll20, all ne items and abilities do not import. I hope I am explainign this enough.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Mike W. said: Sorry I mean importing from Herolab's exported XML file. Following all the instructions, everything worked until sheet 1.52 came out. We checked the XML exported from HeroLab and the items and abilities are listed in the XML file. We checked the file after running through the JSON converter and the items and abilities are listed there as well. After we Import into Roll20, all ne items and abilities do not import. I hope I am explainign this enough. Have you sent James a copy of your xml as requested? &nbsp;He might have some better insight after having a look.&nbsp; James W. said: Mike W. said: Having issues with the Import. Myself and all of my friends cannot Import new Traits nor Feats. We have tried Chrome, Firefox, Windows 10, 7 and Vista yet new Feats and Traits will not import. Gear, Magic Items, and all modifiers (even those from the Feats and Traits) do seem to get added. The XML file shows these new Traits and Feats even after the conversion. Yet they do not import for some reason. Send me an XML file you're having problems with, and I'll take a look at what's going on.
Ello, I was working on a character and it seems that the melee damage buff isn't working. When I check the box no field appears. Just a heads up, thanks for your work!

Edited 1495171877
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Timothy G. said: Ello, I was working on a character and it seems that the melee damage buff isn't working. When I check the box no field appears. Just a heads up, thanks for your work! Thanks Timothy. &nbsp;I believe a few of the new (beta)buffs that weren't completely finished and snuck thru with the last update. &nbsp;Melee Damage and Init come to mind. &nbsp;Some if not all have been fixed in beta and we'll include fixes with next weeks update.
Hey, another question by a chracter sheet noob. Is there a box to enter a different class skill modifer other than the standard +3? So it changes it for all skills that have the CS box ticked.

Edited 1495225668
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Nope, what modifies your class skill bonus though?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
you'll have to use the misc or another column. Since class skills won't change much you'll only have to do it once.&nbsp;

Edited 1495293041
Jason H.
KS Backer
Two things: 1) The link at the bottom of the character sheet for questions and feedback should link users to this thread, or the first post in the other thread should direct users here. 2) The sheet is not calculating Armor Check Penalties to Skills for me. &nbsp;I'm wearing full plate, have tried ticking it off and then back on, refreshing the page, and nothing updates it. Edit: It also seems not to be adjusting my Speed for armor worn, as my base is 30, and speed should show as 20 in heavy armor, but it shows as 30.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jason H, please make sure the encumbrance setting on the settings page says to adjust for "Armor and Load" , if it is set to ignore encumbrance then it will not update ACP or speed. thanks I didn't notice the link goes to the old thread. we will fix that
chris b. said: Jason H, please make sure the encumbrance setting on the settings page says to adjust for "Armor and Load" , if it is set to ignore encumbrance then it will not update ACP or speed. OK, that's odd because I didn't change the settings at all. &nbsp;Is it defaulting to ignore encumbrance? &nbsp;Maybe my GM did that when they assigned the sheet?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There are defaults, the campaign could be set to that, unless there is a bug in the defaults. i'll look into them.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Ian H. said: Hello! As of late my skill macros have stopped working on all 3 of my characters in 3 separate campaigns, I don't know if I simply missed something, or if this is legitimately a bug. This is a known issue that will be patched with the next update. You can toggle the Use take 10 and 20 from skill options to fix. Apologies
Thanks Vince, I viewed the post earlier in the thread and found the solution there as well, thanks for the speedy response, and the hardwork!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You're welcome. &nbsp;Thanks for beta testing. &nbsp;;-P
I love the menu buttons (best thing ever for character sheets). &nbsp;Great work on getting those fully implemented into the sheets, guys! &nbsp;:) For the inventory tab, is there a way to have included in the chat screen display of an item the location of said item? &nbsp;For example, I would like to have it indicated if the item is Carried, Not Carried, etc. &nbsp;I suspect the simplest method for me is to add it directly into the macro in the character sheet. &nbsp;Would inserting {{location=@{location}}} in the template just before {{description=@{{description}}} suffice? CB
Another issue I'm having with my kensai magus sheet is that I can't set the critical confirmation bonus on my main weapon.&nbsp; Due to the Critical Focus feat and the Critical Perfection class ability, the confirm mod should be INT-mod + 4.&nbsp; I've tried several things: @{INT-mod}+4 @{INT-mod} + 4 4+@{INT-mod} 4 + @{INT-mod} etc. But so far, nothing I've tried other than just putting in the actual number, 9, works.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
CB said: I love the menu buttons (best thing ever for character sheets). &nbsp;Great work on getting those fully implemented into the sheets, guys! &nbsp;:) For the inventory tab, is there a way to have included in the chat screen display of an item the location of said item? &nbsp;For example, I would like to have it indicated if the item is Carried, Not Carried, etc. &nbsp;I suspect the simplest method for me is to add it directly into the macro in the character sheet. &nbsp;Would inserting {{location=@{location}}} in the template just before {{description=@{{description}}} suffice? CB All you will get with @{location} is number value. &nbsp;You won't see the text of the selector of the location, so that probably won't do you much good. ;-( &nbsp; Maybe only click "show" for your carried items... &nbsp; I think you've made a good suggestion and I'll add it to future improvements.&nbsp;

Edited 1495354201
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Michael H. said: Another issue I'm having with my kensai magus sheet is that I can't set the critical confirmation bonus on my main weapon.&nbsp; Due to the Critical Focus feat and the Critical Perfection class ability, the confirm mod should be INT-mod + 4.&nbsp; I've tried several things: @{INT-mod}+4 @{INT-mod} + 4 4+@{INT-mod} 4 + @{INT-mod} etc. But so far, nothing I've tried other than just putting in the actual number, 9, works. How/where have you tried those combinations? &nbsp;The Conf field is not a macro-text field. &nbsp;Iit only accepts a flat number. &nbsp;If you want to use a macro ie @{INT-mod} + 4 , you could include it with @{crit_conf_mod} in the attacks full macro-text. &nbsp; So the crit_confirm portion of the full macro-text "...&nbsp;{{crit_confirm=[[ 1d20 + @{attack_macro} + [[ @{crit_conf_mod} ]] ]]}} ..." would be "... {{crit_confirm=[[ 1d20 + @{attack_macro} + [[ @{crit_conf_mod} +&nbsp;@{INT-mod} + 4 ]] ]]}} ..."
Vince said: Michael H. said: Another issue I'm having with my kensai magus sheet is that I can't set the critical confirmation bonus on my main weapon.&nbsp; Due to the Critical Focus feat and the Critical Perfection class ability, the confirm mod should be INT-mod + 4.&nbsp; I've tried several things: @{INT-mod}+4 @{INT-mod} + 4 4+@{INT-mod} 4 + @{INT-mod} etc. But so far, nothing I've tried other than just putting in the actual number, 9, works. How/where have you tried those combinations? &nbsp;The Conf field is not a macro-text field. &nbsp;Iit only accepts a flat number. &nbsp;If you want to use a macro ie @{INT-mod} + 4 , you could include it with @{crit_conf_mod} in the attacks full macro-text. &nbsp; So the crit_confirm portion of the full macro-text "...&nbsp;{{crit_confirm=[[ 1d20 + @{attack_macro} + [[ @{crit_conf_mod} ]] ]]}} ..." would be "... {{crit_confirm=[[ 1d20 + @{attack_macro} + [[ @{crit_conf_mod} +&nbsp;@{INT-mod} + 4 ]] ]]}} ..." I'd rather not mess around with the full macro text.&nbsp; How do we request features?&nbsp; I'd like to request that the +Conf field be made into a macro-text field like Attack Mods and Dmg Mods.
There seems to be an issue changing your character size. Sometimes when changing from medium to any other size and then back to medium, @{size_skill} either doesn't change back to 0, staying on the previous size's modifier, or switches back to 0 and won't change to any other modifier when you change size again. As you can see, the latter happened in this case.

Edited 1495384089
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Michael H: your suggestion to change crit Conf mod field has been added to the list of future enhancements. Don't be afraid to mess with the full-macrotext, that's why it's exposed.., &nbsp;You can always reset it by deleting all text and clicking into another field. @Simon: &nbsp;I believe Chris has already worked this out in beta. &nbsp;Thanks.

Edited 1495401391
Jon
Pro
Since last week, now rolling any skill from the character sheet, even on newly created characters, does not actually roll a d20 -- it just displays the bonus with a roll of 0. --- I've been experimenting with it, and manually changing every single skill macro to remove "@{skill-query}" and replace it with "1d20" makes it work again...

Edited 1495401518
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Jon, have a read about 7 10 posts up. ;-)
Vince said: You can always reset it by deleting all text and clicking into another field. Well, that's good to know, thanks!