Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

I'm still exploring the new sheet, but I'm mesmerised so far! I really loved the NPC parser! A bug I noticed is that the weapon parser from compedium is using the "small damage". I guess you guys can use the damage based on the creature size, or just use the medium damage by default since is the more commum.

Edited 1489067825
Jason H.
KS Backer
First off, kudos.   The new sheets are amazeballs, and I am blown away by the amount of work you folks put into it with your free time.  Thanks very much. I'm sure you have a list you're working on, but I wanted to pitch these issues out there in case you didn't know, and they're fixable on your end; which, with Lone Wolf and Roll20 being in the mix, is not a given at all. Bug : (Don't know if this is a Hero Lab thing, roll20 thing, or a you-folks thing, but...) I have a level 2 character that started as a Vigilante, taking Medium as his second level, but on the "Class(es) and Levels" area under the "Core" tab, it shows his first class as Medium and second as Vigilante.  The only boxes filled on the Vigilante ("2nd") line are the "Class Name" and "Level" boxes; all the saves boxes and the "FC HP" box are blank.  The hp from Vigilante (including the 1 point of FC hp) were lumped into the "Class hp" box for Medium.  The bonuses to Reflex and Will saves from Vigilante are completely absent from the "Class(es) and Levels" area under the "Core" tab, but the saves under "Saving Throws" on the "Defenses" tab are correct.  Somehow. Other (again, not sure any of this is stuff on your end):   Under the "Attacks" tab, there are no attacks listed despite having a weapon equipped in Hero Lab. Under the "Abilities" tab, "Elf Blood" is flagged as a Class Feature when it's a function of my race, not classes. Under the "Abilities" tab, although Arcane Strike is correctly listed as a feat I have, the ability that grants it, the Vigilante Talent Arcane Striker, is not listed under "Class Features" despite it being more than just granting Arcane Strike as a bonus feat. Under the "Spells" tab, all of the spells in my Vigilante spellbook are listed (although, in the order I took them, not in alphabetical order), but it does not list any of them as memorized despite having spells memorized in Hero Lab.

Edited 1489068367
Is it just me or the Modify button in repeatable fields doesn't work? I'm trying to delete some items from the inventory list... EDIT: Ah there, the "hitbox" for the button is slightly to the right of where the button is...
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
cloudsora said: I have a players sheet that only has Speed under Speeds no Base and then Modified so his speed never shows as changing which is a bitch. this happens if you have "ignore encumbrance" selected on the setting page
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ares V. said: Is it just me or the Modify button in repeatable fields doesn't work? I'm trying to delete some items from the inventory list... EDIT: Ah there, the "hitbox" for the button is slightly to the right of where the button is... what browser and OS are you using? (since it's not happening for us) thanks
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Fallyrion said: A bug I noticed is that the weapon parser from compedium is using the "small damage". I guess you guys can use the damage based on the creature size, or just use the medium damage by default since is the more commum. oops, did we reverse this?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Dr. Charles Melee, PhD said: Thanks, setting up my character's armor now takes twice the time. it's actually only one extra click than before. For many users that play with encumbrance, they were entering armor twice, just like on a paper sheet. So one extra click for half the users vs halving the time for the other half of the users.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pedro B. said: With the new version, how do you access to the  configuration of a spell marco? For the future version, Would it be possible to implement a default "format" for the spells, attacks and so, different from the sheet's one? Or at least copy a spell already "formated". Different Ability tabs would also e helpful in case we want to do custom macros in a tidy way. This I know it would be impossible, but I often use pathbuilder app to create NPC, whch is free not like hero lab. Importing from the app would be awesome, but probably too much work. 1. go to Settings , Advanced section near bottom of 'Sheet Configuration', and check 'Show roll templates for customization' 2. on each macro, change the {{name=@{name}}} to {{name=spell hits you}} or something generic. Do not simply delete the {{name=***}} 3. do the same as #2 for anything else you want to hide i suppose we could do something like an alternate default macro. you would not be able to use the 'spell options' checkboxes then since we'd have no idea what is in the macro. That might help Courtney's players that only use /em as well. and make the sheet faster.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
chris b. said: cloudsora said: I have a players sheet that only has Speed under Speeds no Base and then Modified so his speed never shows as changing which is a bitch. this happens if you have "ignore encumbrance" selected on the setting page Facepalm.  lol  I forgot all about update 6,233.2.   ;-P

Edited 1489082118
Pedro B.
Translator
chris b. said: 1. go to Settings , Advanced section near bottom of 'Sheet Configuration', and check 'Show roll templates for customization' 2. on each macro, change the {{name=@{name}}} to {{name=spell hits you}} or something generic. Do not simply delete the {{name=***}} 3. do the same as #2 for anything else you want to hide i suppose we could do something like an alternate default macro. you would not be able to use the 'spell options' checkboxes then since we'd have no idea what is in the macro. That might help Courtney's players that only use /em as well. and make the sheet faster. Thanks for the reply. It looks like it is all I need for the moment. On the former version I was able to add fields with extra {{}} in the comments section, so once I find the section you point at it does not look cumbersome.. I will try tomorrow to modify it following these steps. By the way if you need help with Spanish or Catalan translation I could try to spend a bit of my free time. (provided that javascript knowledge is not needed).

Edited 1489082101
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jason H. said: bunch of Hero Lab stuff None of that is really a bug, per se. The classes are entered in the order they are listed in the XML; if Medium shows up first on the character sheet, it's because it appears first in the XML; my guess is that Hero Lab saved them in alphabetical order. As to the info on the second class line not being filled in, that's because Hero Lab does not break any info down by class in the XML; heck, it doesn't store any info at all about favored class bonuses. Since there's no way to tell where these bonuses come from, it's all entered on the table under the first class. Hit points are simply stored as max HP (current HP is in there, but I didn't consider it worth importing), so I have to calculate how much came from your Con mod and pull that out; again, there's no way of knowing how much came from what class, or if any of it came from an FCB, so I simply have it entered under your first class. Even the base saving throw bonuses are lumped together under the first class (which is why the totals end up being accurate on the Defenses tab). Heck, there's a lot of info Hero Lab doesn't put in the XML. Where I can find work-arounds to get the info, I will (I have to guess at which ability score a class uses for spellcasting, by using the "basespelldc" entry on the class; subtract 10, then try matching it up against the character's ability mods to find a match), but for some things, there's just no good way for me to get that data (like how many skill points a class gives per level, or per-class breakdowns of bonuses). To your "other" points: The script does not yet import attacks; it does , however, import stats for any inventory item that matches up to an attack listed in the XML. If you find a weapon in the Inventory tab and look under the "Weapon Attributes", it should have the enhancement bonus (if part of the name), damage dice, crit profile, range, and damage type already filled in. Select the attack type from the drop-down, then click "Create Atk", and it'll create a new attack with that info; you'll have to fill in things like miscellaneous attack/damage mods (such as Weapon Focus/Specialization/Training) as well as what ability mod to add to damage (if any), but setting up the attacks based on weapons should be fairly quick. Hero Lab doesn't do a good job of listing where various special abilities come from, so the script has to make its best guess. If it's wrong (like it is with your Elf Blood racial trait), you can manually change that, and the script won't change it back if you import again to update the character. This one is odd, seeing as I just updated my own level 15 warlock, and Arcane Striker does indeed show up under Class Features. To test this, I created a new level 2 warlock with Arcane Striker; it appears that Hero Lab doesn't include Arcane Striker in the XML until level 12, when Arcane Striker gains the ability to add weapon special abilities to your attacks. If it isn't included in the XML, there's nothing I can really do about it; in this case, Arcane Striker isn't going to be in the data until it does more than just give you Arcane Strike. Although the spell entries in the XML do include a "castsleft" value to indicate how many times you have it prepared, that value is only correct for spells in the "spellsmemorized" node, and the script lumps those together with the spells in the "spellsknown" and "spellbook" nodes; spells in the "spellbook" node, at least, always have "castsleft" set to 0, even if it's a spell you have memorized. I could import memorized spells separately so I can get that data reliably, but that would be extra code, would make the script take longer, and is something I judged players may wish to handle themselves (especially since, for whatever reason, some classes don't seem to have their spellbook's contents in the XML, meaning they have to import spells via memorizing all of them before exporting the XML). Hopefully this will give you a bit more insight as to why the script does some of what it does.  If you have any other questions, don't hestitate to ask.

Edited 1489083351
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pedro B. said: By the way if you need help with Spanish or Catalan translation I could try to spend a bit of my free time. (provided that javascript knowledge is not needed). Roll20 handles this themselves with volunteers. Email <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> and mention that you are interested in translating and they will go through the process with you. I think they are willing to add languages too,&nbsp; Technically it is easy there is a file of key and values, like '"strength":"Strength", "strength-abbrv":"STR", etc.
I'm running a mythic campaign and the players are unable to change the "rule" drop down to the "mythic ability" tab. And if we move it to custom the mythic tab is then useless. Any tips?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The mythic lists should still show up underneath like the 'orig' lists, &nbsp;if you click the 'feats' tab you will see the mythic feats underneath, and if you click 'mythic abilities' you see the mythic abilities list. I&nbsp;did not merge them into the single abilities list cause i was not really sure how the mythic-abilities list worked in the time we had. so, sorry that is just a separate list still for awhile.
excelelnt thank you

Edited 1489086570
Good day, thanks for the updated sheet. It's awesome but I have a problem. My Attacks-Button Makro doesn't show anything in chat.&nbsp; I have tried the problems thing in the Setup where I have to uncheck the box and recalc but it didn't help. Any Ideas? The sheet was V0.74 before.

Edited 1489086867
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Try hitting recalc again without unchecking the macros button. if that does not work, does adding a 2nd attack to the list change anything? (note also: there is a new feature on the settings page: can check "use HD, not BAB, for CMD" and it will use your total character level instead of bab., then you don't have to add the 1 to "misc")
Recalc without unchecking didn't help. There are five more attacks. And I also added a new attack, didn't help either.

Edited 1489088668
CB
Pro
It's a minor thing but it seems like the Class hp totals calculated in the "Class(es) and levels" section is over by +1. &nbsp;This includes the bonus amount from favoured class. I have not checked every single character sheet, but this is on the first pc-sheet I looked at today. &nbsp;I did re-calculate and it is still off by 1 point. &nbsp;Even when I removed the favoured class bonus hit points, the math is off - in the example above, 24 + 52 should equal 76 but the sheet is showing 77 instead. &nbsp;Again, not a major issue, :)

Edited 1489089124
JJL
Pro
So ahem: OMG COMPENDIUM DRAG & DROP THIS IS BEST THING EVER I LOVE YOU GUYS I FORGIVE YOU GUYS' UPDATES RUINING MAH MONSTER SHEETS THIS WILL MAKE MY LIFE A LOT EASIER So that out of the way, drag & drop does seem to be bit buggy since it apparently just adds up stuff to sheet? Like I tested it out with Cthulhu for fun, he got +70 swim skill instead of +56 for some reason and other weird things like lantern archons having 25 spell resistance according to one of my player's testing
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
CB said: It's a minor thing but it seems like the Class hp totals calculated in the "Class(es) and levels" section is over by +1. &nbsp;This includes the bonus amount from favoured class. I have not checked every single character sheet, but this is on the first pc-sheet I looked at today. &nbsp;I did re-calculate and it is still off by 1 point. &nbsp;Even when I removed the favoured class bonus hit points, the math is off - in the example above, 24 + 52 should equal 76 but the sheet is showing 77 instead. &nbsp;Again, not a major issue, :) Check the "Add Race/Monster HD" box in that screenshot and make sure there it isn't coming from there; it's added in even if you have that box disabled.
Ah, seems like that issue was because I dragged Bokrug first before I dragged Cthulhu since I change my mind about which one to test. And apparently that player dragged multiple monsters to same sheet for testing as well(he is annoyed it adds instead of overwriting)
James W. said: CB said: It's a minor thing but it seems like the Class hp totals calculated in the "Class(es) and levels" section is over by +1. &nbsp;This includes the bonus amount from favoured class. I have not checked every single character sheet, but this is on the first pc-sheet I looked at today. &nbsp;I did re-calculate and it is still off by 1 point. &nbsp;Even when I removed the favoured class bonus hit points, the math is off - in the example above, 24 + 52 should equal 76 but the sheet is showing 77 instead. &nbsp;Again, not a major issue, :) Check the "Add Race/Monster HD" box in that screenshot and make sure there it isn't coming from there; it's added in even if you have that box disabled. That did fixed it. &nbsp;I also noticed a similar issue. Apparently, using additional classes to indicate different archetypes that a character has caused a similar issue. &nbsp;In some cases, the character had only 1 class but more than 1 archetype for that class. &nbsp;As an example, a paladin character with the hospitaler archetype, the oath against the fiend archetype, and the tempered champion archetype. &nbsp;So I would fill the first class as the hospitaler, with the actual relevant class information (BAB, hp, etc.), and then I would fill the second class and third class with only the name of the archetypes (so no BAB, hp, etc.). The main reason for me doing that was so that when filling out the class abilities, we could tell which archetype the ability came from. &nbsp;In the new sheet, this caused a weird error in that the hit points were messed up. &nbsp;Somehow, in the Racial HD and Stats section, a whackload of hit points were added in. &nbsp;The fix is easy, same as above, but it was certainly odd. &nbsp;I do have to go through every class ability now though to make sure they have the right class name. &nbsp;Eh, easy, just time-consuming. &nbsp;Same with going through every attack. &nbsp;I had included custom macros for attacks but they seem to have altered a bit here and there. &nbsp;Luckily, I did save the original macros on a word document for me to copy and paste. &nbsp;;) Thanks again for the solution above. &nbsp;Cheers!

Edited 1489091190
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
JJL said: Ah, seems like that issue was because I dragged Bokrug first before I dragged Cthulhu since I change my mind about which one to test. And apparently that player dragged multiple monsters to same sheet for testing as well(he is annoyed it adds instead of overwriting) yeah that would have been way too much work to overwrite completely, cause there are thousands of fields. one problem is if i just write blanks to all fields, then it takes up more memory and is slower than a totally new sheet. so i didn't want to just do that by default

Edited 1489092632
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jens said: Recalc without unchecking didn't help. There are five more attacks. And I also added a new attack, didn't help either. Can you export the character and import it into the beta site so we can check it out? Your GM may have to do it.

Edited 1489092884
Found a bug in my group, everyone mentioned their 'Class HP Total' being wrong. It seems everyone had something in their Race/Monster HD upon moving to 1.17. Not really sure where the value came from originally but this info might help other people with similar issues.
Hey, what happened to the MACRO TEXT on the Spell page underneath each individual spell. &nbsp;I cannot see how to alter the spell macro anymore.

Edited 1489096912
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Omegaman said: Hey, what happened to the MACRO TEXT on the Spell page underneath each individual spell. &nbsp;I cannot see how to alter the spell macro anymore. Go to the Settings page; under "Sheet configuration", look for the "Advanced" section and enable "Display roll templates for customization".
Vince said: Meagan said: Sorry if this is obvious and I'm being dense, but is there an easy way to get the skill macros visible? There were lot's of complaints about "seeing" macro-text fields, so we now hide these fields by default. &nbsp;You can show them using the Settings&gt;Advanced section of the sheet. &nbsp;ie "Display roll template for customization" Thanks for the reply. I've tried this and it's not working, and by that I mean I'm not seeing any macros column/field on my skills page. I've attached a screen shot of what the skills page looks like with the settings as suggested. 1.) Would it possibly be hiding in a different tab and I'm just not seeing it? 2.) Does a GM have to be the one to set the option? I'm a player in this game. 3.) We are using the unchained skills system. Could this be mucking it up?
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
From that screenshot I'm seeing you're in Compact mode; try switching to Expanded mode.
James W. said: From that screenshot I'm seeing you're in Compact mode; try switching to Expanded mode. I was so hoping it'd be something simple like that! Thank you! I will say the icon is confusing; having it set in expanded mode shows the arrows pointing inward. I expect it to be like a light switch where it shows the current status, not what will happen if you toggle it.
Matt D. said: Found a bug in my group, everyone mentioned their 'Class HP Total' being wrong. It seems everyone had something in their Race/Monster HD upon moving to 1.17. Not really sure where the value came from originally but this info might help other people with similar issues. Problem already known: go to the abilities & attributes tab and search for an entry called "NPC-HP" in the attributes column. Set the value to 0. This will solve the problem.
Ahpook
Roll20 Production Team
I am beyond stoked that the compendium now works for these sheets!&nbsp; You just saved all of us GMs a huge amount of work.&nbsp; Thank you!&nbsp; I am just having one problem with it.&nbsp; I cant figure out how to make the creatures abilities, attacks, etc, show up as clickable menus.&nbsp; I can roll them off the sheet, but its not displaying them when I click on the token,&nbsp; AM I missing a setting I have to click somewhere? Thanks in advance! AtD
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I just confirmed a bug when trying to import spells on a specialist wizard.&nbsp; Since Hero Lab uses the specialist name ("Evoker", "Necromancer", etc) when listing the class, but labels the class a spell is for as "Wizard", the script is unable to find the appropriate class to import the spell to, and none of the wizard spells get imported. I'm working on a fix for this (already have one in mind), but until the character sheet gets updated, you can do a find/replace all on the XML to replace class="Wizard" with class="&lt;specialist name&gt;" Where "&lt;specialist name&gt;" is the name of you specialty school (again, "Evoker", "Conjurer", "Necromancer", etc).&nbsp; Do this prior to importing the character, and it should import your wizard spells.
Hmm.. My HP is showing up all wrong on the new sheets. Got a level 9 character, 40HP base, 27HP from con mod. It's showing the @{totalHP} as being 88 instead of 67.. and then later on down in the math its showing 88+27(my con mod) totally 115 HP. I don't know where this extra 48 HP is coming from in the math. It's there even if I set the class HP to 0
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Murry S. said: Hmm.. My HP is showing up all wrong on the new sheets. Got a level 9 character, 40HP base, 27HP from con mod. It's showing the @{totalHP} as being 88 instead of 67.. and then later on down in the math its showing 88+27(my con mod) totally 115 HP. I don't know where this extra 48 HP is coming from in the math. It's there even if I set the class HP to 0 As stated earlier in the thread, try checking the "Add Race/Monster HD" box above the class list.
Vince said: chris b. said: cloudsora said: I have a players sheet that only has Speed under Speeds no Base and then Modified so his speed never shows as changing which is a bitch. this happens if you have "ignore encumbrance" selected on the setting page Facepalm. &nbsp;lol &nbsp;I forgot all about update 6,233.2. &nbsp; ;-P I tried duplicating the page and it was the same, as well as modifying the speed under attribute and abilities not changing anything but yeah I just wound up making a new sheet and bringing everything over. The compendium drag and drop makes magic so much easier, although there are several missing spells bit it did most of the work for me spell wise.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Meagan said: James W. said: From that screenshot I'm seeing you're in Compact mode; try switching to Expanded mode. I was so hoping it'd be something simple like that! Thank you! I will say the icon is confusing; having it set in expanded mode shows the arrows pointing inward. I expect it to be like a light switch where it shows the current status, not what will happen if you toggle it. hmm yeah, we switched the others to show the current status, i think i still made that one to show "what it will do if you press it" accidentally, we will reverse it.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ahpook The Destroyer said: I am beyond stoked that the compendium now works for these sheets!&nbsp; You just saved all of us GMs a huge amount of work.&nbsp; Thank you!&nbsp; I am just having one problem with it.&nbsp; I cant figure out how to make the creatures abilities, attacks, etc, show up as clickable menus.&nbsp; I can roll them off the sheet, but its not displaying them when I click on the token,&nbsp; AM I missing a setting I have to click somewhere? Thanks in advance! AtD no it should work. And they should be grouped by the full attack groups.&nbsp; if you hit recalc do they show up?&nbsp;
I'm having some odd text spacing issues with the text over lapping. Don't know if it's just me doing something wrong though, but no amount of resizing, or messing with my zoom does anything.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alasdair go to the setting page, and just under Accessiblity is fonts, change the font to something else, most of our testing was done in the default (Arial), Verdana, and Comic Sans. Those should all line up fine. If not, go to your browser settings and make sure you did not change the default font size, it should be 16px. &nbsp;In chrome, you can find this by going to Settings, then at the bottom click "Advanced Settings", scroll down to "Web Content" and the font size should be "Medium" if all that is ok, let us know your browser , version # (in the "About" under Help) and the OS you are using. And if it's a computer or if you're on a tablet and if so what type thanks
Hi, I'm using Firefox 52.0 (64bit) on a Windows 7 computer my font is set to 16 too I just tested all the fonts and it is still over lapping
I'm having an unusual issue, after reading this I'm not sure if anyone else is having it. Pictures speak louder than words, so here goes: Take note, the drop down seems to be "open" yet the only detail it added was "Value". As a result, this made it impossible to alter AC or Max Dex of a set of armor... Or really anything. Did I screw up? Or is this an anomaly?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Luna P. said: I'm having an unusual issue, after reading this I'm not sure if anyone else is having it. Pictures speak louder than words, so here goes: Take note, the drop down seems to be "open" yet the only detail it added was "Value". As a result, this made it impossible to alter AC or Max Dex of a set of armor... Or really anything. Did I screw up? Or is this an anomaly? click the 4 arrows at the top by the pathfinder logo to go back to "expanded" mode, you will see 'armor' and 'weapon' attributes then.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
ok Alasdair, i see what you see now, sorry about that. We didn't notice some of those like the label text being lower under checkboxes. that should be not hard to fix. It is in chrome too but less noticeable for the NPC tab that SLA message.. i think we just didn't make sure that works in Contracted Mode.
chris b. said: ok Alasdair, i see what you see now, sorry about that. We didn't notice some of those like the label text being lower under checkboxes. that should be not hard to fix. It is in chrome too but less noticeable for the NPC tab that SLA message.. i think we just didn't make sure that works in Contracted Mode. Thanks man. It's not a massive bug I know, so I wasn't going to say anything. But no one else did. Thanks again for taking the time to help, you guys have do excellent work.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Just a reminder to folks: even when frustrated, please keep the language civil or risk having your post deleted (at a minimum).
Wyzad said: GroupInitiative doesn't seem to be working with the new sheet: The Aaron??? TypeError: (stat || "").replace is not a function TypeError: (stat || "").replace is not a function at charObj (apiscript.js:813:30) at apiscript.js:852:32 at Function._.map._.collect (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:172:24) at _.(anonymous function) [as map] (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:1496:34) at apiscript.js:845:18 at Function.findIndex (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:620:13) at Function._.find._.detect (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:214:15) at findInitiativeBonus (apiscript.js:843:11) at apiscript.js:1400:47 at Function._.map._.collect (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore.js:172:24) We are seeing this same issue, (!group-init --add-group --Bare init --Tie-Breaker init|current) or (!group-init --add-group --Bare init) both give this result. Does anyone have a fix for this? Thanks, Chris
Thanks for the great work, you all! Love the new sheet. I have a bug to report: When parsing a compendium stat block, I see that sneak attack is computed based on character level, but this is not right for certain characters (e.g. multiclass, certain archetypes) and creatures. I just test-parsed a Dark Creeper from the compendium -- it should have sneak attack 1d6, but the level/HD-based formula computes and rolls 2d6.