Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

So, this is probably a minor thing, but could you make it so that parsing tiny or smaller creatures on the NPC tab automatically sets their CMB to DEX? Took me a while to figure out why some crawling hands were hurting my party so much.

Edited 1504037729
Hi there? How's it going? So since the latest update, all my macros that have {name=} in them, now appear twice in a row, even though there is only one of them. To be clearer, the name itself appears twice in a row within the same template. Any ideas?
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You're not the only one, Fenrir; I've already reported the issue on the team's Trello board, so rest assured we're aware of the issue.
Ah. Good to know. Thanks for the quick reply. Hopefully a fix can be had before my game this Saturday :P
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thank you James.  We'll get a fix in for the next update ( next week as per roll20's schedule. Sorry Fenrir ).  All apologies.

Edited 1504062331
Hi, I found a little bug I think. Tested it today using 1.69, but I saw it happen in other recent versions also. Any spell that has a damage macro defined will break whenever you change any of the spell roll options; the damage number stops appearing in the roll template when you roll the spell. Recalculating doesn't fix it; the only way I have found to make the damage show up again is to change the macro to something else. It's not enough to go in and make a temporary change in the box and then revert it, you have to change it to something different and click outside the box to make the change go through. Once you do that, you can do the roll and the modified macro will come through to the template OK, or you can just change it back to the correct value immediately and that will also work when you roll it. The Damage Type field works the same way. Set it to some value, click roll, everything works. Change a spell roll option, fix the damage macro as above, roll it and the damage will come through but the damage type will be missing. The same fix works for the damage type, but you have to fix that field separately from the actual damage macro. This is a fresh campaign as of a couple months ago, and I didn't play a spellcaster in our previous campaign, so I don't know how long this bug has been around, or if it's something particular that got broken about my character sheet, or what.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
FYI: workaround for the double names bug using the pf roll templates; change the sheet settings to use simple roll templates. Fix will be in the next update. 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Rockets That looks like a bug.  Thanks.
Did the templates get removed with the last update?

Edited 1504086502
Hey guys, some thoughts that came to my mind the last few weeks: -With the removal of the display of the ACP on each skill, I noticed that every Misc. skill you set up with Str/Dex has automatically ACP calculated. Is there a way you could add a check box for the Misc/All skills to enable/disable ACP? -Something my players found a little inconvenient was that you have to go to the settings to switch between Public/Gm rolls.  A solution they suggested would be a general dropdown menu/switch on top of the page with the roll buttons so you can globally make a quick change up. The settings for your Stats-rolls though can stay where they are now. The background to this is, that I give my players the opportunity to roll once per "conversation" with a Npc. They can roll a secret Sense motive check to gather whatever the Npc is up to or when they are lying/convincing (to) a Npc they can roll a secret Bluff check against the Npc to influence the outcome of the situation. I did this so the conversation part of the story isn't constantly interrupted with Pcs saying they want to make a Sense Motive roll, which can be quiet distracting with 5 PCs or more. Thanks for such awesome work on the sheet.
@Krii3g3r Odd, because ever since the update, my sheets aren't calculating the ACP at all. It shows up on the specific armor item's line, but isn't totaled for the "Armor Penalties: ACP" field. As a result, it's not applying any ACP to ANY of my skill rolls.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Andre B. said: @Krii3g3r Odd, because ever since the update, my sheets aren't calculating the ACP at all. It shows up on the specific armor item's line, but isn't totaled for the "Armor Penalties: ACP" field. As a result, it's not applying any ACP to ANY of my skill rolls. Please check the Encumbrance dropdown on the Settings page, and make sure it's not set to "ignore encumbrance"  Or try changing it to something then back to what you want.
Please forgive me if someone has already addressed this, but I cannot find any information on it myself.  How would one use the "Custom" tab on the character sheet to actually create custom attributes? I use "Sanity" in my games, which is modified by ranks in "Forbidden Knowledge." I understand how to call on those numbers in macros, but I can't seem to wrap my head around this tab, its functionality, and how to make it work for my game.

Edited 1504131635
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Panzermeyer said: How would one use the "Custom" tab on the character sheet to actually create custom attributes? If you use the same sanity as in Horror Adventures, first check the "use horror adventures"  on the Settings page, this will create the Sanity attributes on the Defense tab To use an entry in the custom tab: One main use is if you want to create a field for a custom pool like Panache, Grit, etc. so that you can assign it to a token bar. (since you cannot assign the uses/day field of the Abilities list to a token bar, only attributes that are not in a repeating section) So to setup Grit etc, you'd use the macros in the first section (with superscript (a) ) where it has both a current and max value displayed. You'd enter the calculation for the points per day in the macro, and the max value would update. You can then add it as the value for a token bar using "customa4" if that is the one you pick (hovering over the macro and the grey one you'd see they are called @{customa4} and @{customa4|max} You can also just use them to track other custom house rule values your group may use. etc. Finally you can use these in other macros or in the buffs or "misc" entries throughout the sheet, adding @{customa1} @{customa2} etc in case you have custom modifiers. So if you use a different sanity system, you could use one of these fields to set the "max" value, and players would track how much they have left (assuming it works like hit points or CoC sanity points). You could use this in any calculation elsewhere on the sheet that has a "misc" macro field entry.
Hello, I just tried to add your sheet to my newest game, and i have a problem with spell DC. It must be me not having set things correctly, because a problem that big could not have been overlooked. Here is a screenshot : <a href="http://imgur.com/a/3Dglk" rel="nofollow">http://imgur.com/a/3Dglk</a> As you can see the DC are obviously wrong but I can't find how to make them right Thanks
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
What is the INT score for the character? If it's not 10 or 11 then try changing the ability dropdown to something else then back.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Rockets said: Hi, I found a little bug I think. Tested it today using 1.69, but I saw it happen in other recent versions also. Any spell that has a damage macro defined will break whenever you change any of the spell roll options; I can confirm I see the damage disappear. will add it to bug list
Don't know if this was mentioned yet or not, but the names on the macro buttons keep repeating. EX: Perception Perception or Weapon 1 Weapon 1
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Jamerific said: Don't know if this was mentioned yet or not, but the names on the macro buttons keep repeating. EX: Perception Perception or Weapon 1 Weapon 1 Yep.&nbsp; We'll fix the roll template bug with the next update.&nbsp; You can choose the simple templates from settings as a workaround.&nbsp;
Magik
Sheet Author
Looks like there is a missing translation file entry?
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Under Attacks, the ID field selector is no longer working. You cannot click it and see the Key ID field number anymore.
Just wanted to point out that buffs targeting specifically shield, armor, etc. are not functioning properly.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Mike W. said: Under Attacks, the ID field selector is no longer working. You cannot click it and see the Key ID field number anymore. I just created a new attack and the ID generated fine...&nbsp; Any other details Mike?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Swole Patrol said: Just wanted to point out that buffs targeting specifically shield, armor, etc. are not functioning properly. If you create a buff for Armor or shield, enabling it shows under the buff column not the armor or shield column.&nbsp; Is that what you are referencing Swole Patrol?

Edited 1504243085
S
Pro
Vince said: Swole Patrol said: Just wanted to point out that buffs targeting specifically shield, armor, etc. are not functioning properly. If you create a buff for Armor or shield, enabling it shows under the buff column not the armor or shield column.&nbsp; Is that what you are referencing Swole Patrol? No, in that it's not working at all. I assume this is merely some bizarre behavior on my side. However, I'm curious as to why a buff that specifically improves armor, shield, etc. would be inclusive into buff and not directly into their desired categories? While I understand 3pp material is seldom supported, a lot of Iron Tortoise counters involve the addition of your total shield bonus, which I would much prefer to simply reference once when using @{AC-Shield} rather than have to add static numbers afterwards.
The 'buttons' to call a list of abilities is broken.
TheJokerPlays said: The 'buttons' to call a list of abilities is broken. You can probably correct it by selecting a type. I'm sure it's not intended, but choosing a type seems to be a work-around.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Swole Patrol said: Vince said: Swole Patrol said: Just wanted to point out that buffs targeting specifically shield, armor, etc. are not functioning properly. If you create a buff for Armor or shield, enabling it shows under the buff column not the armor or shield column.&nbsp; Is that what you are referencing Swole Patrol? No, in that it's not working at all. I assume this is merely some bizarre behavior on my side. However, I'm curious as to why a buff that specifically improves armor, shield, etc. would be inclusive into buff and not directly into their desired categories? While I understand 3pp material is seldom supported, a lot of Iron Tortoise counters involve the addition of your total shield bonus, which I would much prefer to simply reference once when using @{AC-Shield} rather than have to add static numbers afterwards. I believe this is done because of how stacking is handled on the sheet.&nbsp;<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet#Stacking_and_Buffs" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet#Stacking_and_Buffs</a>
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Swole Patrol said: TheJokerPlays said: The 'buttons' to call a list of abilities is broken. You can probably correct it by selecting a type. I'm sure it's not intended, but choosing a type seems to be a work-around. This looks like another bug. ;-(
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Vince I found the issue with the ID field. If the character sheet is narrowed and the ID selector appears on a second line then you are unable to click it. If I widen the character sheet so that the ID selector is on the same line as the Misc and Extra Damage then it works fine. Further investigation shows that only when the width is reduce to a certain size does the ID field not work. Try this, expend the width of the sheet so that the ID field is on the same line as the others. Them slowly narrow the sheet until it drops to a second line, when that happens you can no longer select the ID button. Odd behavior but easy to get around.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Mike Thank you for the extra detail.&nbsp; We've had a similar issue in the past when our sub-nav text wraps when the sheet is reduced beyond a certain point... We'll have a look getting that fixed.

Edited 1504287768
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
When that happens and a tab or row wraps, the hidden place you can click is at the end of the row above all the way to the right. We haven't found a way to ensure the hidden checkbox stays with the text so both wrap, at least not a way that does not break for enough users we can't &nbsp;use it.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I cannot reproduce the issue with the ability menu not creating links for abilities that do not have a type, even using the same names for abilities with [] and | and () in the names is there a character on the beta campaign that does it?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vince said: No, in that it's not working at all. I assume this is merely some bizarre behavior on my side. However, I'm curious as to why a buff that specifically improves armor, shield, etc. would be inclusive into buff and not directly into their desired categories? While I understand 3pp material is seldom supported, a lot of Iron Tortoise counters involve the addition of your total shield bonus, which I would much prefer to simply reference once when using @{AC-Shield} rather than have to add static numbers afterwards. I believe this is done because of how stacking is handled on the sheet.&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet#Stacking_and_Buffs" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet#Stacking_and_Buffs</a> You can add @{ac-shield} to the buff to shield, which would effectively double-count the shield buff, so that way after it's subtracted it will have the effect you want. Yes as Vince says it's because of the stacking. if you have a spell cast on you that grants a shield bonus, but you have a shield bonus already, only the max will be used. Subtracting the smaller from the lesser when the buff total is generated is just easier and faster than taking the max later. the stacking explanations Vince linked to above explains the calculations
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
chris b. said: I cannot reproduce the issue with the ability menu not creating links for abilities that do not have a type, even using the same names for abilities with [] and | and () in the names is there a character on the beta campaign that does it? I had a character that had the same issue. &nbsp;I toggled the type to something changed focus and chsnged them back and the abilities command menu looked normal again. &nbsp;IDK.. &nbsp;I'll have a look at some of the beta characters to test for this as well.
I had the issue with the ability menu not creating links for abilities that do not have a type, but those were resolved by indicating a type and then reverting back to N/A. &nbsp;However, I have been having weird issues with the spells section. First, for whatever reason, whenever I hit recalc, it gets rid of the listed spell class name for every spell that belongs to the second spell class listed (I haven't checked if this occurs for the 3rd spell class because none of my characters have 3 different spellcasting classes). &nbsp;Secondly, on many spells (not all of them, and I can't figure out what is the pattern here) the spell's casting time is not displayed on the chat screen when you roll it. &nbsp;I looked at the macro for the spells that have this issue and, sure enough, where it is supposed to have&nbsp; {{casting_time=@{cast-time}}}, it just shows instead {{casting_time=}} . &nbsp;I toggled on and off the spell options (all of them), and this doesn't fix the issue. &nbsp;I resolved it by going into the macro of each such time and adding in the missing piece, @{cast-time} , but sometimes, it disappears again (either that or I keep missing a spell or two, and thinking that I did fix it when I really didn't, but that would be just crazy, ;-P ). Sorry for being the bearer of bad news, :( CB
Vince said: chris b. said: I cannot reproduce the issue with the ability menu not creating links for abilities that do not have a type, even using the same names for abilities with [] and | and () in the names is there a character on the beta campaign that does it? I had a character that had the same issue. &nbsp;I toggled the type to something changed focus and chsnged them back and the abilities command menu looked normal again. &nbsp;IDK.. &nbsp;I'll have a look at some of the beta characters to test for this as well. It's persistent across all my characters AND NPCs as a GM. And I tend to use NPC ability buttons a lot to glance over what they can do again.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
CB said: I had the issue with the ability menu not creating links for abilities that do not have a type, but those were resolved by indicating a type and then reverting back to N/A. &nbsp;However, I have been having weird issues with the spells section. First, for whatever reason, whenever I hit recalc, it gets rid of the listed spell class name for every spell that belongs to the second spell class listed (I haven't checked if this occurs for the 3rd spell class because none of my characters have 3 different spellcasting classes). &nbsp;Secondly, on many spells (not all of them, and I can't figure out what is the pattern here) the spell's casting time is not displayed on the chat screen when you roll it. &nbsp;I looked at the macro for the spells that have this issue and, sure enough, where it is supposed to have&nbsp; {{casting_time=@{cast-time}}}, it just shows instead {{casting_time=}} . &nbsp;I toggled on and off the spell options (all of them), and this doesn't fix the issue. &nbsp;I resolved it by going into the macro of each such time and adding in the missing piece, @{cast-time} , but sometimes, it disappears again (either that or I keep missing a spell or two, and thinking that I did fix it when I really didn't, but that would be just crazy, ;-P ). Sorry for being the bearer of bad news, :( CB We are looking into this CB.&nbsp; Defintielty something isn't right with spell options. ;-(&nbsp; Thanks
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I know what is happening if the cast time is 1 standard action, then it does not print, since this is the default for all spells. It only prints the cast time if it is something else.&nbsp; I added this in a recent version when fixing other bugs in spells. Since for all other fields, the spells only print a value to the roll if it is not the default, or not "none" For instance, if there is no save, save is not printed. If no spell resist, it is not printed.&nbsp; This was requested awhile ago to save space.
chris b. said: I know what is happening if the cast time is 1 standard action, then it does not print, since this is the default for all spells. It only prints the cast time if it is something else.&nbsp; I added this in a recent version when fixing other bugs in spells. Since for all other fields, the spells only print a value to the roll if it is not the default, or not "none" For instance, if there is no save, save is not printed. If no spell resist, it is not printed.&nbsp; This was requested awhile ago to save space. Ah, I see. &nbsp;Well then, now that I know about that, I don't mind and can share that information with the rest of my players. &nbsp;:) &nbsp;It is a small thing and I think I can remember about this little timbit of information going forward. &nbsp;;) CB

Edited 1504642716
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
1.692 submitted fixes duplicate names in rolls fixes buff macro names when minimizing buff rows fixes ability menu not working for old abilities with type not specified fixes bonus to Skill & Ability Checks and Skill Checks stacking totals after updating to 1.692 IF YOU HAVE CUSTOMIZED SKILL ROLLS: you will need to delete the text: "+ [[ @{checks-cond} + @{buff_check_skills-total} + @{buff_Check-total} ]]" from the macros (or else buffs and status condition effects will double) Or you could uncheck&nbsp; Skill calc speed on the Settings page and then hit Recalc . Do this on a copy of your sheet first. I originally had it run this automatically but users reported it was deleting their customizations as well,which is why i advise doing it on a copy first.. (I could not debug why since the code just did a search and replace of the above text, and was not resetting the whole macro, so it must be happening somewhere else outside of our code).
A small bug popped up in the sheet. All professions are being set to Int rather than Wisdom.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Feature Request I realize this is an Optional Rule: Critical Fumble (a.k.a. Critical Miss) Is it possible to to add the option of Critical Fumbles into the mathematics of attacks based on the Pathfinder Deck - Critical Fumble ? This would be similar to the Confirmation roll required for Critical Hits. Just looking for the 'Confirmation Roll', not the actual results. Thanks
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Need Help with a Buff. I have a Buff that applies a specific bonus to 3 specific skills. How do I create this buff?
Mike, you can add that to the deck/collection section of the Roll20 stuff at the Top Right. As for the buff, you can't do individual skills just yet, but what you can do is create a toggle buff. The toggle button is @{repeating_buff2_$X_enable_toggle} and if you replace the $X with the ID (one of the dropdowns on the buff) this creates a 1/0 switch. Just then set up (Buff amount)*@{repeating_buff2_$X_enable_toggle} in the Misc Macro section.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Courtney, I had used the Toggle Buff idea before only I placed it as a modifier in the individual macro for each skill - which subsequently gets overwritten when a new sheet comes out. Forces me to add the modifier to the macro each time. I just thought there might be an easier way.
Is there a way to click the Max HP button by the use of macros? For example %{selected|max-hp-button}? Or is this not possible? I'd just like an easy way to put my players to full HP without having to check their token's max value.
Is it possible to add a metric sistem option? with the simple conversion 2kg=1lbs and 10ft=3m. I can't make use of the automatic spell range calculation, which is a very useful feature, and it's pretty annoyng when i try to put ranges or speeds and the sheet asks me to correct them. On another topic, both the mythic skills and feats have no macro text, and the mythic paragon button doesn't seem to change the result of macros calling for the mythic tier.

Edited 1504890550
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Marco: for speeds such as when "Speed is halved", when in Imperial numbers it gets rounded down to the nearest 5ft. For metric, how would that work? do you use 1.5 meter squares? Is that standard for everyone playing in metric? If so we can probably figure it out SorteKanin: with the Pro subscription you can use the Pathfinder Companion to set fields like hitting the max hp button Mike & all: the skill macro won't change this time. I am not sure why it was before though, since I Just did a search and replace, and my customizations would remain when I tested. but I took out all the code that auto-updates macros so users will have to edit them themsleves. which is not ideal but... better than deleting customizations. the Profession skill will be set back to wis in 1.693 (unfortunately if someone is using an ability that changes wis to int for professions it might undo that.)