Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

I have a question about the import function for NPC from compendium. This is what I import, dragged from compendium(also what it says in the Bestiary) In the HP part, for example for Goblins, the HP says 6 (1d10+1) where the 1 is from their CON modifier, but when you import it it gets the average HP of 7 and 2 from the CON modifier if you look in the NPC stats. So it looks like it just adds that +1 as anything, which I guess it technically could be since hp from toughness etc should be there too, and then another one from the actual CON modifier. Result: Here you can also see 2 other bugs, though they might be formatting issues. The Short Sword gets a massive -20 damage reduction on its import, and the crit is not set to 19. The Short Bow doesn't get its multiplier set to x3, though I verified it works correctly if you actually type 1d4/20/x3 in the import part. Changing the Short Sword to 1d4/19-20 or 1d4/19 did not work however.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
there is a bug in attack damage right now i am working on.  And i'll look a the hp too

Edited 1510353347
When you include a concentration check for spells, the DC for Casting Defensively is displayed, which is great, but a potential Cast Defensive Bonus is not used in the Concentration Check nor indicated (or I'm missing something, which is entirely possible). The Cast Defensive Bonus appears on stand-alone concentration checks just fine. But if I have my defensive casting check included in the spell, I won't ever press that button for that purpose. Therefore it would be much appreciated to have the CDB either displayed or used for the spell macro. (Example below: +5 to Concentration checks. The roll of a 20 (as indicated by the green background) +5 = 25 means the +2 CDB is not used. 1st level spell colour spray means 15 + 2 * 1 (spell level) = 17, the DC is also not adapted for the CDB, nor is there a note) Thank you!

Edited 1510358916
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Daniel There is a bug in the form that has not been corrected for some time (but has been reported and acknowledged).  After an Import or Recalc, you must go to the Ability and change it yo something else then back to INT  - wait for it to recalculate the value each time. Also you must change the Cast Def Bonus to some other number, wait for it to recalculate, then change oit back,  wait for it to recalculate. Now the spell macro results will be correct.
Ah, unfortunately search and known issues didn't come up with that. That workaround payed out though, thanks Mike!
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Daniel You are welcome! I have been communicating with Chris B on this through PM as originally I had about 13 issues dealing with Spells and the spell macros and did not want to bother others until I knew which one were in the know and which ones were not. However I am glad it worked for you. Mike
Vince said: Patrick said: I noticed a few others mention they were experiencing lag when editing tokens or linking a sheet to a token. I'm encountering that often as well. Any thoughts on what I can do to resolve that? Thanks! Other than following the normal precautions (IMO); check for browser extensions that may be causing problems.  ie Lastpass is known to make roll20 sheets run like cold molasses flowing uphill.  I'm sure there are others yet undiscovered.  Maybe try running with all extensions disabled. try running from both supported browsers.  FF and Chrome.  One may work better for your particular setup. you might try disabling or enabling the browser's hardware acceleration. limit the number of spells used on a spellcaster's sheet.  Drag/drop from the compendium as needed.  ie your most commonly used spells or your favorites.  Remove the ones you don't need. if you have an older character and have migrated to the newer abilities section(one repeating section with sub-tabs), make sure you delete the older abilities, feats, traits, racial traits, etc. after you verify they have been properly migrated.  Same goes for spells. try limiting the number of characters and npc's used in the game.  I'm not sure if archiving journals and handouts actually helps with this. Maybe have a another game that can be used as a staging area/bestiary. Use transmogrifier(paid perk) and/or character vault as needed prior to each game. limit the number of canvas-related elements.  ie number of tokens/images, size of said token's/images, dynamic lighting, 3d dice, etc. the number of live players might also have an effect on performance some API scripts could potentially affect a game's performance each person's computer setup (specs, free resources, running tasks, etc.) can have an affect on their performance.  Not sure if this would also affect others. I'm sure there are other things as well. The pf sheet will absolutely push roll20's limitations. The sheet is about 3 years old at this point and has undergone major changes of that time.  We've had to build on top of older code often undoing/re-writing existing code to work with new features or changes that roll20 releases.  I know Chris has made attempts at streamlining the sheet's code, but without completely making a new sheet... ;-(  Maybe others can give some suggestions on what has worked for them.   Thanks, Vince. I'm going to try it without any extensions loaded tonight and work from there. I'm only running one API script, the Pathfinder Companion, and don't seem to tonight any lag-related issues with that. I've tried it both with Chrome and Firefox and it seems to be less impactful with Firefox. I need to also make sure that I remove tokens off of unused pages and archive older pages too. The lag is most noticeable when I'm assigning an attribute to one of the bars.  I appreciate the reply and the suggestions. I completely understand maintaining legacy code - I deal with it as part of my job. Patrick

Edited 1510680968
My Pathfinder character sheet is no longer populating fields when I add values and recalculating is not working. It just keeps saying that it is recalculating but nothing is happening. Curious if this is happening to anybody else?

Edited 1510681815
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
something strange happened with the update today, im confirming the file is the same one i tested with and will escalate with roll20 edit: some sort of paste error occured the time stamp is the same but i see differences, i will give roll20 a new file and ask them to reload
Thank you for the speedy reply Chris.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
They fixed this right away yesterday. the good news is NPC/Monster parsing is working again. So Goblins don't have -20 to their attack rolls. 
First of all, this sheet is incredible! I'm using version 1.697, and I don't believe my issue is known. I've been working on fine-tuning my attacks using add-to-roll macros. They're working great, mostly. I've noticed that the Attack Macro isn't being applied to my first iterative attack (second attack). The Damage Macro is working as-expected, though. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Gavin I assume you are using a global "Add to Attack Roll macro"?   I'm not able to reproduce. ;-( FYI: The iterative attacks do not show the expanded attack roll(all the modifiers) like the primary attack does since the iteratives are just the total-attack less the iterative modifier.  You only see the "net value" for iterative attack rolls when you hover over their results in chat. So it may look like total-attack isn't being applied...  Knowing that, does it still appear that your global mod isn't working?

Edited 1511098814
Ayra
Plus
I have a problem in that Parseing npc's breaks their attack bonuses BAB+ability = 0   this also breaks any buffs or de-buffs that get's thrown on them that effects attacks.  Recalc is not helping. this is not a problem if i write every npc in manually and not using the parse option, but takes a whole lot longer especially if the npc has spell casting class levels.  
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Curious, since these are coming from an AP, how are you entering their statblock into the parse box?

Edited 1511144874
I was attempting to move some of the built in button macros from the character sheet into token actions (as shown below) However some of them work as they should (namely defenses and initiative) whilst others (like attacks and skills) just put the macro into chat in plain text. Is this an issue with the sheet, something I'm doing wrong, or just not a supported feature of the sheet in the first place? (Edit) Issue resolved. It was my mistake, Thanks Scott C. for pointing that out.

Edited 1511142448
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Gman15, This is because in the case of your attacks and skills abilities they are named the same as the menu sheet roll. The chat parser doesn't know which one to run, so nothing gets run, or rather it calls itself recursively until it hits the 99 level deep recursion limit. Change your token action macros so that they aren't named the same.

Edited 1511143106
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ayra said: I have a problem in that Parseing npc's breaks their attack bonuses BAB+ability = 0   this also breaks any buffs or de-buffs that get's thrown on them that effects attacks.  Recalc is not helping. this is not a problem if i write every npc in manually and not using the parse option, but takes a whole lot longer especially if the npc has spell casting class levels.   has this been happening the last few days? The update wednesday should have fixed npc parsing issues. I cannot reproduce this, at least not from the Compendium. Can you give some names of monsters you tried adding that are giving this error? were they dragged from the Pathfinder  Compendium? or did you enter them?

Edited 1511144800
Thanks Scott, that was indeed the issue.
@Vince Here are screenshots of what I'm doing. I have attack and damage macros on my specific weapon to define whether I'm power attacking or whether our bard is singing (although I may change this to a buff soon, I like being reminded every time). In the example I'm using, I'm power attacking and the bard is NOT singing. Next, I'm using a macro to call the attack, but I verified that I get the same results when I click the sheet roll button from the "attacks" page. Here are the hover-over results from the attacks. Primary Attack. Macro works (-3 for PA). Primary Damage. Macro works (+9 for PA). Secondary Attack. No macro. Just 1d20 + 5. Wait, it should be 1d20 + 8. So this is where the (-3) is taking effect. And this is probably what your first response meant. So odd. This was about the last thing I was typing before submitting this post, so I will post it for anyone else who has the same issue. Secondary Damage. Macro works (+9 for PA). I was hoping to show that I couldn't replicate your results. But I did. Does that mean it's my macro? How would it apply to the primary attack/damage and secondary damage, but not the primary attack? See above the result shows differently just for the secondary attack, but my initial macro did work. Waste of a natural 20. So, I don't know that I have a further question regarding this issue. I'm sure I'm doing things the very hard way to call my attack from the macro I made. Is there a shortcut to call a sheet roll in a macro as if I'd clicked the button next to the attack? Thank you!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Gavin J. said: So, I don't know that I have a further question regarding this issue. I'm sure I'm doing things the very hard way to call my attack from the macro I made. Is there a shortcut to call a sheet roll in a macro as if I'd clicked the button next to the attack? Thank you! You can include a button's name in your macro to make the roll automatically.  An easy method to learn a button's name is to drag a button to the quickbar, use the button and then in the chat window use the UP arrow to copy the command.  ie "%{Smokey|repeating_weapon_-Kqx3CZyX5SyKZMP2kmb_attack-roll}"  You will probably need to add this to it's own line within your macro though.  example (3 different commands, 3 separate lines, but all within a single macro.) /em Eat steel!!! %{Smokey|repeating_weapon_-Kqx3CZyX5SyKZMP2kmb_attack-roll} %{Smokey|repeating_weapon_-Kms2bPBGzCsIqlfOQAN_attack-roll}

Edited 1511523002
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Help creating a Buff Is it possible to create a Buff that add +2 competence bonus to only Knowledge skills? If so, how? If that is possible, can it be further modified to only add this buff to Knowledge skills for which one has ranks in? I am doing this for the Heightened Awareness spell. Note: I had originally placed this in the Macro (d) field  for each skill but this keeps getting overwritten each time the sheet is updated. Thanks for any help.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
There isn't a buff on the sheet that can specifically target a skill.  Editing a skill's macro-text has been our suggestion.  I believe Chris mentioned he no longer parses the skill's macro-text in order to avoid accidentally overwriting someone's custom macro. One other option is to make various skill buffs and only toggling them on when needed, (yes, all skills will get the bonus), but then toggle it off after your roll.  The chatsetattr script can toggle buff's from a macro as well, perhaps you can use that to help with the process.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Vince said: The chatsetattr script can toggle buff's from a macro as well, perhaps you can use that to help with the process. As can the companion script ;)

Edited 1511540379
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Ok thanks for the advice. I cannot use a script because the games is owned by a GM with a free account. I have some work arounds and they will suffice. Thanks.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Scott C. said: Vince said: The chatsetattr script can toggle buff's from a macro as well, perhaps you can use that to help with the process. As can the companion script ;) What's the companion script?  Lol. Yes, PFC can do that as well. ;-)
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
We need to make a Kitten Finder game, then we can call the api KFC
I play a Psionic character, or am trying to, but aside from the Manifester Level, and PP section, I see NOTHING regarding psionics, nor have the skills popped up with Autohypnosis and Knowledge )Psionics)
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
that's all there is, you can create abilities in the ability list. Or use the spell list if it works. for extra skills you can go to the Skill Options section and add more "misc" skill entries where you can add custom skills by entering the names.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
I have  anew issue when using Recalc Each time I do that, it seems to break the 'Linked Item ID for' field for my Attacks that are related to a spell. Thus the Attack Type field now is reset to None and damage type and damage are also blank. If I go back and paste in the ID it does not change anything within the attack macro. If I create a New Attack macro from the Spell, the Linked ID is there and works until I hit Recalc. If I move the character to my Vault and reload him into he same game or a backup game, the 'Linked Item ID for' is now blank.

Edited 1512077063
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Further Update I do not know what caused the issue but a fix SEEMS to be this. For the attack macro, add in the Link ID for the spell Go to the linked spell in question Expand Attack and Damage Change the Attack Type to anything else, then change it back. After that I run Recalc and it seems to stay for now for that character in that game. HOWEVER : If I move the character to my vault and load him into the same game or a backup game, the Attack Type now resets to None although the 'Linked Item ID for' is still correct. I have to repeat the process above to make it stay.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
i will look at the resetting when hitting recalc. The vault error could be related. 

Edited 1512166672
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Chris UPDATE So I tried some troubleshooting. I deleted all of my Attacks that were linked to Spells. I then created a new attack from a spell using th Create Atk button The attack is created, and the 'Linked Item ID for' field is populated with the linked spell. I hit Reclalc and the 'Linked Item ID for' field says: Linked Item ID for. If I hit the Recalc button a second time -  the 'Linked Item ID field'  now says: undefined. No matter which spell I select, the link is removed after a Recalc, This is even before I copy the character to the vault. If I manfully enter the link back in and hit Recalc, it now adds a new ability that is blank and has a Red Dashed line around it stating it must be delete before any other items can be updated. This persists each time I Recalc until I delete the Attack in question. I did this in both Chrome and Firefox. I tried this with the character both Popped Out and Inline. Moving the character to and from the vault does NOT break the link.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
ok wow that is bad illl make sure to fix it for the next build
Sheet's update are great, but a small question can the update be disabled on a campaign?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Keres said: Sheet's update are great, but a small question can the update be disabled on a campaign? If you have the community sheet installed, you get the updates, no options. ;-(  Pro gm's can use a custom sheet and use any version they like.
Thanks Vince
Is it intentional that the invisible  condition adds +2 attack as a note, but not the actual attack roll?

Edited 1512250188
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yes because it only applies to things that can't see you. i guess we could do the reverse, put a note for when to subtract 2. we mostly did not put in the bonus if it did not always apply

Edited 1512490506
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Build 1.7 will fix: Linked Attacks update correctly when recalc pressed Linked attacks handle if linked spell, item, or ability deleted (will print "DELETED" in the linked id field)* Concentration misc bonus now adds to concentration roll This should appear in your campaigns wednesday the 6th * I guess i could have removed the link, but wanted to indicate to the user that something changed.
Small thing, but I think %{npc-CMB-check} is rolling with the wrong template. It has the wrong icon and doesn't show attack notes for me, whereas the non-NPC CMB check does. I like to see the cmb notes so I can remember the +4 to grapple and choke my players to death :)

Edited 1512611461
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Chris The Recalc deleted all of my Linked attacks again and entered DELETED in the Linked Spell ID field. and Lined Item ID Good thing I tested this with my backups. BTW the only links that broke r= prior to this version where spells, now all of the Attack links break.

Edited 1512617311
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
there was a definite bug with the links to spells and abilities, it was only linking to items correctly during the recalc. the second thing i added was to be sure the item, spell, or ability exists, otherwise it was creating those red dashed rows you saw and i was able to recreate as well However i don't know why it would mark them deleted if the id is correct it did not do that for me for any character sheet that i tested ... the only thing i can imagine is it is checking case, and the case stored in the link is different than that returned by getSectionIDs ... that should not happen though.. ... but i will test that out  can you import a character to the beta campaign? i can look at it there (a character before hitting recalc)
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
edit: ok i can recreate it, not sure why yet. why did this not happen during all my testing?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
1.71 fix for marking attack links "deleted" Here is an update, if you are a pro user, please use this until the new update next week: <a href="https://gist.github.com/plutosdad/9dfc97f030fce0e9" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/plutosdad/9dfc97f030fce0e9</a>...
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Chris I am a pro user but the GM is not. No worries, I cna wait until the next update as well as the other players. Thanks, I appreciate all this work your team has doen to make the sheet really somethign special.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Skates said: Small thing, but I think %{npc-CMB-check} is rolling with the wrong template. It has the wrong icon and doesn't show attack notes for me, whereas the non-NPC CMB check does. I like to see the cmb notes so I can remember the +4 to grapple and choke my players to death :) odd they both use the same field:&nbsp;@{CMB-Check-macro}, you can run a test with: /w GM @{selected|CMB-Check-macro} and see if that works.&nbsp; if it does: permanent solution for the monster sheets in question: if you can find npc-CMB-check on the abilities tab you can set it to : @{NPC-whisper} @{CMB-Check-macro} if that test does not work then something could be wrong with CMB-Check-macro which is: &{template:pf_attack} @{toggle_attack_accessible} @{toggle_rounded_flag} {{font=@{apply_specfont_chat}@{use_specfont}}} {{color=@{rolltemplate_color}}} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_attack-cmb}}} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{subtitle}} {{name=^{combat-maneuver-bonus-abbrv}}} {{check=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{CMB} + @{global_attack_macro_insert} + @{global_cmb_macro_insert} ]] ]]}} {{description=@{attk_cmb_desc}}} {{buff_note=@{buff_attack_notes}}} {{condition_note=@{condition_attack_notes}}} at one point i tried putting these on the settings screen so users could see them, but making them editable somehow screwed up parsing by the chat engine. i can try doing more testing.