Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Advertisement Create a free account Compendium in Game, Join Today

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

James W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Rabulias said: For 1), I think he is talking about an animal companion with a natural attack. Core Rulebook p.182 says: "If you possess only one natural attack (such as a bite—two claw attacks do not qualify), you add 1–1/2 times your Strength bonus on damage rolls made with that attack." I think the sheet does this (but I'm not sure). But if the animal companion has a STR penalty , he is saying it should not multiply the penalty. I can't find a reference for this in the rules, but it makes sense to me. Basically I think he is saying the sheet can't just blanket multiply STR modifier by 1.5 -- it needs to verify the STR mod is >= 0 before multiplying it. The rule you quoted specifies Strength bonus ; since it specifies bonus, that means you only multiply the Strength modifier if it's positive, because a penalty is not a bonus. Basically, it's well established that: If they mean positive modifiers only, they say "bonus". If they mean negative modifiers only, they say "penalty". If they mean either, they say "modifier".
Thanks, James W. You summarized it better than I did.
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
Thank you Rabulias and James.  My bad Justin. I think I read your comment, "Strength penalties to damage are also multiplied, not just bonuses." as a statement of fact. lol  I will add this as a bug; "Damage ability multiplier should not be applied to penalties".
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
PF Community v1.787 pull  #8363 Fixed; using ChatSetAttr or similar API script to toggle buffs that indirectly affected attack damage failed to trigger the damage recalculation. Fixed; the damage multiplier will no longer be applied to ability penalties. (thanks Justin) Creating a spell attack or ability attack now includes a link in the "Weapon Notes" to execute the associated spell or ability from the attack's chat output. Including ability/spell links in attacks are optional; Settings>Sheet Configuration>Attacks>Include link... This should help to pull up the associated spell/ability after rolling the attack if desired.
James W.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pull my finger  repository.
I actually found a different hack for the Spheres thing. I changed my Misc bonus to CL from @{customa1-mod} to @{customa1-mod}-@{HD}, and changed the source to Lvl/HD. But explaining it more: For some background, Spheres of Power is a 3pp alternative to Vancian casting. The main details that are relevant for what I'm doing, though. 1. A new stat called Magic Skill Bonus (MSB) was split off of caster level 2. MSB generally equals your total level in casting classes, and is used for, among other things, concentration checks 3. CL has three progressions, like BAB, and is used for numerical effects of spells and DCs My ultimate solution is to make a personal fork of the community sheet which adds MSB and CL columns to the class table on the Core tab, so I can reference those elsewhere, but as a hack within the main community sheet, I'm using a few custom attributes for values. For example, customa1-mod is MSB and customa10-mod is my casting ability, so I was able to calculate my spell points (level + casting ability + 1 per odd level) as ceil(1.5*@{customa1-mod})+@{customa10-mod}. None of that's really an issue.  On the Abilities tab, I figured out how to override the calculations and use custom attributes. Set Source to Race, check the Custom box, set the first Misc to @{customa1-mod} (MSB), set the ability as appropriate, and set the second Misc to floor(@{customa3-mod}/2) (CL/2). My issue is that when you actually use the ability, it lists your race as a source, because that's what you told it. Setting the source to Lvl/HD prevents it from showing a source, but that's also where I had to add "-@{HD}" to my formula to cancel out it automatically adding my HD to the CL/MSB. Really, what I'm looking for is a source for abilities which is guaranteed to have 0 CL and no name, so I can inject my own formulas for the CL and DC bases. Also, one other Spheres-related thing I can't currently do: Shield bonus to touch AC. It should be easy to implement in that fork, though, since the logic should be the same as the "Do not lost DEX when Flat-Footed" checkbox

Edited 1614326868
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
@Justin would something like adding an option called "other" work? CL:0  and Source Name:null  (actually just a single space so the roll template displays the row...) Source name could be changed to something else as well to make more sense in the source name field and the template. ie character_name, "other", "N/A", etc.
hi, i wanna ask if you put the metric system feature, if you put it, how do i enable it?
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
Marco D. said: hi, i wanna ask if you put the metric system feature, if you put it, how do i enable it? Hi Marco, Adding a metric option for the sheet has been suggested but it has not been implemented.  I'll have a look... ;-)
I can't seem to find the answer to this, but is there a way to set a general bonus to all spell save DCs? We're using the Spheres of Power rules and they have a simple scaling DC for saves instead of doing things by level and I have no rightful idea how to set that. Current plan is to make all talents 0-level spells and set a blanket bonus to +1/2 CL.
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
Lazy Bear said: I can't seem to find the answer to this, but is there a way to set a general bonus to all spell save DCs? We're using the Spheres of Power rules and they have a simple scaling DC for saves instead of doing things by level and I have no rightful idea how to set that. Current plan is to make all talents 0-level spells and set a blanket bonus to +1/2 CL. You can only modify DC "per spell" and it's a number input only, not a macro-field. ;-( I believe others playing with Spheres of Power have used the Abilities section of the sheet and have leveraged the Level Basis Custom option of each repeating ability to modify the CL and DC fields as needed. Both allow macro-text. see Justin E's posts a little further up.
∇ince said: Lazy Bear said: I can't seem to find the answer to this, but is there a way to set a general bonus to all spell save DCs? We're using the Spheres of Power rules and they have a simple scaling DC for saves instead of doing things by level and I have no rightful idea how to set that. Current plan is to make all talents 0-level spells and set a blanket bonus to +1/2 CL. You can only modify DC "per spell" and it's a number input only, not a macro-field. ;-( I believe others playing with Spheres of Power have used the Abilities section of the sheet and have leveraged the Level Basis Custom option of each repeating ability to modify the CL and DC fields as needed. Both allow macro-text. see Justin E's posts a little further up. Sorry for the delay, thanks. Is there a way to track multiple resource pools that are based on class level and stats?
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
You might try using the Custom attribute page on the sheet.
It looks like the weight of carried or worn items does not go down when applying size buffs, which makes some dex-based characters go in medium load whenever they activate the reduce person buff (reduce person explicitly makes items smaller with you). What's the best workaround for that? Thanks!

Edited 1616393909
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
Zachiel said: It looks like the weight of carried or worn items does not go down when applying size buffs, which makes some dex-based characters go in medium load whenever they activate the reduce person buff (reduce person explicitly makes items smaller with you). What's the best workaround for that? Thanks! Hmmm.  The sheet doesn't have anything built-in to automatically re-calc item and armor weights based on size changes.  You might need to add an item of negative weight (ie "Reduce Person") to offset the difference in weight when being reduced in size.  I suppose the same workaround(add additional weight) could be done for Enlarge Person in cases where a character's total weight might come into play.(ie Floating Disc, Levitate, Defy Gravity, etc.)
The way I usually do it is to just directly add (or subtract) the appropriate amount on the fly in the "misc" field in the total carried weight section, I think that might work better if your equipment's total weight is constantly changing?

Edited 1617172991
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
Marco D. said: hi, i wanna ask if you put the metric system feature, if you put it, how do i enable it? Please have a look on the PF  beta game Marco, or anyone for that matter...  I've added an option on the sheet called " Use Metrics " ( settings>sheet configuration>accessibility ) This option only changes how the auto-calculated totals are calculated for encumbrance/carrying capacity, spell range, weapon range, and speed.  The sheet will also indicate which system is being used (ft or m, lbs or kgs).  The "Use Metrics" option DOES NOT change any user-entered attribute fields for weight or distance. (ie item weight, base-speed, spell range, weapon range, etc.) For new sheets, enable "Use Metrics" (it's also been included with the game's sheet settings options) and simply enter all entries as metric.  If you want to change over an existing character to metric, you must edit any old weight/distance entries to match.
Michael R.
KS Backer
We've managed to hack it into working currently, but is there a chance of Armor as DR or Wounds and Vigor being added as togglable optional rules?