Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
Advertisement Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

1636068258

Edited 1636071040
I found a query on the net about this, and the solution seems to actually be working, using this: {1d20cs>[[ @{crit-target} ]],1d20cs>[] @{crit-target} ]]}kh1 It seems to work! Is there something inherently wrong with that that I'm not seeing? If not, could I add a query to that? Fiddling with this sheet is hard, ngl, but I'm starting to dig it. Rolls look pretty, too.
1636071934

Edited 1636090931
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Nice trick!  I don't see anything that's off the mark. {1d20cs>[[ @{crit-target} ]],1d20cs>[] @{crit-target} ]]}kh1 That macro seems a little " malformed " though... and should probably be more like; {1d20cs>@{crit-target}, 1d20cs>@{crit-target}}kh1 so in the attack's macro-text, you should be able to change the {{attack}} portion to {{attack=[[ {1d20cs>@{crit-target}, 1d20cs>@{crit-target}}kh1 + @{attack_macro} ]]}} and then substitute the 1d20 for crit confirm.  Change the {{crit_confirm}} portion to EDIT : not sure if you also get to roll twice for confirm. If not, do not replace. {{crit_confirm=[[ {1d20,1d20}kh1 + @{attack_macro} + @{attack_macro} + [[ @{crit_conf_mod} ]] ]]}} full macro for clarity EDIT : (includes rolling twice for confirm, which you may not want...) &{template:pf_attack} @{toggle_attack_accessible} @{toggle_rounded_flag} {{font=@{apply_specfont_chat}@{use_specfont}}} {{scroll_desc=@{scroll-desc}}} {{color=@{rolltemplate_color}}} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{subtitle}} {{name=@{name}}} {{attack=[[ {1d20cs>@{crit-target}, 1d20cs>@{crit-target}}kh1 + @{attack_macro} ]]}} {{damage=[[@{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + @{damage_macro}]]}} {{crit_confirm=[[ {1d20,1d20}kh1 + @{attack_macro} + @{attack_macro} + [[ @{crit_conf_mod} ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage=[[ [[ @{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1) ]]d@{damage-die} + ((@{damage_macro}) * [[ @{crit-multiplier} - 1 ]]) ]]}} {{type=@{type}}} {{weapon_notes=@{notes}}} @{iterative_attacks} @{macro_options} {{vs=@{vs}}} {{vs@{vs}=@{vs}}} {{precision_dmg1=@{precision_dmg_macro}}} {{precision_dmg1_type=@{precision_dmg_type}}} {{precision_dmg2=@{global_precision_dmg_macro}}} {{precision_dmg2_type=@{global_precision_dmg_type}}} {{critical_dmg1=@{critical_dmg_macro}}} {{critical_dmg1_type=@{critical_dmg_type}}} {{critical_dmg2=@{global_critical_dmg_macro}}} {{critical_dmg2_type=@{global_critical_dmg_type}}} {{attack1name=@{iterative_attack1_name}}}
1637004078
So, I think I might'v found a bug,  my group and myself are dirty frenchmen and as such use kilograms. So we use the "use metric" option of the sheet. But the problem is that this option does not actually change the weight in the @{load-light}, @{load-medium},@{load-heavy} fields of the sheet, it should divide by 2 those values, which it does not right now.
1637007631

Edited 1637007684
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
warmy54 said: So, I think I might'v found a bug,  my group and myself are dirty frenchmen and as such use kilograms. So we use the "use metric" option of the sheet. But the problem is that this option does not actually change the weight in the @{load-light}, @{load-medium},@{load-heavy} fields of the sheet, it should divide by 2 those values, which it does not right now. Hi Warmy54, just a quick check and it appears to be working for me (multiplies the values by 0.454 with the metric option enabled). w/Metric w/out Metric Are you not seeing any change on Loads when adjusting Strength and/or toggling the Metric option?
1637275615
So I am using the hero lab import feature, and for the most part it works great, Except it does not import natural attacks, any chance you guys can take a look at that?
vÍnce said: (multiplies the values by 0.454 with the metric option enabled). btw I know this is tangential to the actual discussion, but the official values (i.e. the ones used in metric versions of the rulebooks) are rounded to 0.5kg = 1lb, and 5ft = 1.5m, in order to make the math easier and whatnot
1637350705

Edited 1637350772
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
David B. said: So I am using the hero lab import feature, and for the most part it works great, Except it does not import natural attacks, any chance you guys can take a look at that? James W. implemented the sheet's HL import feature and is the most qualified to comment on this, but I'll take a gander.
1637352357
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
FlutterDice said: vÍnce said: (multiplies the values by 0.454 with the metric option enabled). btw I know this is tangential to the actual discussion, but the official values (i.e. the ones used in metric versions of the rulebooks) are rounded to 0.5kg = 1lb, and 5ft = 1.5m, in order to make the math easier and whatnot That's a great point FlutterDice. :-)  The metric option only converts the distance and weight totals.  If someone is using the sheet with the metric option, all distance and weight entered "should" be in metric as per the official values. So the totals "should" work out similarly.
1637627050

Edited 1637635754
Hey guys, it seems I've got some kind of issue with my game. In my API console randomly appears this message "%c Notice: %c ========================================================= " "%c Notice: %c PFSkills updateAbilityBasedSkills getting array: " "%c Notice: %c [array]:========================================= " "Acrobatics,CS-Acrobatics,CS-Athletics,CS-Finesse,CS-Stealth,Climb,Disable-Device,Escape-Artist,Fly,Ride,Sleight-of-Hand,Stealth,Swim" "%c Notice: %c ========================================================= " "%c Notice: %c PFSkills updateAbilityBasedSkills getting array: " "%c Notice: %c [array]:========================================= " Also, my paladin's skills are all wrong. I have to put something in the field in order to "reset" them correctly (I dunno if these 2 things are related, but I guessed it was worth mentioning). It doesn't seem to happen in a specific moment or when I activate something. I've tried to be completely idle for some minute and this occurred anyway in the console. I dunno if some of my scripts messed up something, but maybe you faced this issue and can suggest some solution. Thank you very much in advance for your time! EDIT : ok now I've noticed this line before the other ones "%c Notice: %c PFSkills updateallskills diff updating by 0, from -3 " This one does seem suspicious to me because Paladin skills are 3 points less than what they should be...so this is when something randomly updates...uhm...
1637630551
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Valerio, the notices can just be normal logs by the sheet workers showing when events(usually changes to attributes) are being detected by the sheetworkers.  Hard to tell just from the Notices.  It appears that the skills are being updated, possibly from an ability change, buff, condition, etc.  Are you toggling a buff to Abilities and or Skills perhaps?  You mentioned that "your abilities are all wrong."  How so?  Can you post a screen shot and a little more explanation?  Thanks
vÍnce said: Hi Valerio, the notices can just be normal logs by the sheet workers showing when events(usually changes to attributes) are being detected by the sheetworkers.  Hard to tell just from the Notices.  It appears that the skills are being updated, possibly from an ability change, buff, condition, etc.  Are you toggling a buff to Abilities and or Skills perhaps?  You mentioned that "your abilities are all wrong."  How so?  Can you post a screen shot and a little more explanation?  Thanks Hi, thank you for your reply. No toggle was set. The Paladin's skills are all 3 points less than what they should be... i.e. With no buff toggled on she has 3 ranks, let's say, in Climb. That's not a Class Skill and her STR bonus is 0. So total ranks should be 3, but there is 0. Then I put any numer in "ranks" (i.e. 0), click anywhere on the screen, then write 3 again in the same box and voilà...now her total ranks are 3, as expected. After some time of playing (fortunately quite a long time) it gets bugged again, ALL the skills at the same time...so she has to manually "refresh" them all. When it will happen again I will post a screenshot...or maybe I'll try to create a new character sheet for her (as other players don't have that issue)
1637637806
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Your welcome to import a copy of the character with the issues into the beta test game here . and I'll have a look.
vÍnce said: Your welcome to import a copy of the character with the issues into the beta test game here . and I'll have a look. Thank you for your patience! Before I'd read your answer I've created a new sheet for that character and it seems now it's working just fine (today's session was ok, at least). Anyway if the issue appears again I'll join the beta game with a copy of the character.
1639094803

Edited 1639096166
The Pathfinder sheet suddenly isn't making adjustments for Conditions and Buffs, and a friend who is trying to make his character (manually, not via CharacterMancer) has a mysterious -1 penalty to his ability scores appearing as he types them in. Everything was fine last time I used the sheet (a week ago today). Has something changed with the sheet? Is this maybe a more global Roll20 problem?  Someone just posted on Twitter with a similar problem, so I know it's not just me. Anyone know what's going on, or (better yet) how to fix it? 
1639096865

Edited 1639096945
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Shadowpuppet, nothing has changed on the sheet and it appears to be working correctly for me upon a quick test... Are you sure you are using the PF Community Sheet and not the official by roll20 sheet? There seems to be some issues ATM with the official sheet. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10543377/pathfinder-1e-character-sheets-not-working" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10543377/pathfinder-1e-character-sheets-not-working</a>
vÍnce said: Hi Shadowpuppet, nothing has changed on the sheet and it appears to be working correctly for me upon a quick test... Are you sure you are using the PF Community Sheet and not the official by roll20 sheet? There seems to be some issues ATM with the official sheet. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10543377/pathfinder-1e-character-sheets-not-working" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10543377/pathfinder-1e-character-sheets-not-working</a> Oh, sorry about that! I ran a forum search to figure out where to ask and ended up here. It’s the official sheet, not the community one, so I’m in the wrong place. Ignore me — carry on! :) (Now to see if I can get the GM to switch to this one …)
1639165755
Hi, Guys, i need a little big help.&nbsp; im trying to make some Buffs of&nbsp; spells that give me bonus in a specific skill check. How can i try to do this?&nbsp; i'm trying to use custom bonus, but i only can use each custom at once for each spell. I put the bonus in the Buff and put @{customXX-mod} in the skill misc macro, but i have a lot of buffs. Exemple: my druid use the spells camouflage (+10 competence in stealth check), eyes of avoral (+8 racial perpection check), eyes of the raptor (+5 untyped bônus perpection check), hawkeye (+5 competence in perception check), primal junter ( +5 untyped in Acrobatics and Swim), Primal Instinct (+5 survival and initiative), Primal sense (+5 untyped perception) and much more, but this is a lot of work.&nbsp;
1639175182

Edited 1639176217
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
One option for using buffs to toggle per/skill adjustments (still requires some setup...); create a buff for a given spell do not assign a "Bonus" from the dropdown list enter an appropriate value for the buff Copy the buff's attribute name (right-click the field, inspect element and copy the name in the title="...") Copy the buff's toggle attribute name (right-click the field, inspect element and copy the name in the title="...") Copy the rowID (expand the ID subsection of the buff to see the rowID) edit the attribute names to include the rowID, ie swap "$X" with rowID make a simple macro that multiplies the buff's value attribute by the toggle attribute. ie (toggle*(value)) Copy the macro into the appropriate skill's Misc Macro field. If you toggle the buff, the misc macro should reflect the adjustment. example; Create a buff Grab attribute names, rowID, make a macro rowID: &nbsp;-mqalpkei-mef25uahas value: @{repeating_buff2_$X_b1_val} toggle: @{repeating_buff2_$X_enable_toggle} macro: (@{repeating_buff2_-mqalpkei-mef25uahas_enable_toggle}*(@{repeating_buff2_-mqalpkei-mef25uahas_b1_val})) Insert macro into the Misc Macro field.
1639622060
Just logged into my game and tried to use the [Combat Skills] macro button on the Pathfinder Community sheet.&nbsp; Looks like something happened to change " into &amp;quot; on all of my sheets.&nbsp; I checked a second game using the same character sheet and am having the same issue there as well.&nbsp; It is broken on all of the buttons except for Initiative, oddly. Cut and Paste Below: &nbsp;/w &amp;quot;@{Angrath|character_name}&amp;quot; @{Angrath|combat_skills-macro} {{whisper=@{Angrath|PC-whisper}}} {{switch=~@{Angrath|character_id}|NPC-combat_skills}}
1639624130

Edited 1639627030
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Wonderful. I brought up this exact issue ( CSE Bugs ) when roll20 released the CSE update ...&nbsp; I believe the Devs just "fixed" the issue with quotes in the Marketplace receipt code yesterday( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10551412/release-note-for-december-14-2021" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10551412/release-note-for-december-14-2021</a> ), which "appears" to also affect character sheet code that use the nested quotes workaround.&nbsp; We've had quotes around the character name attribute in the sheets rolls for over 4+ years to prevent character name issues that also include a quote, and had to specifically add an additional ampersand special character to them after the CSE conversion to keep them from breaking. After this weeks roll20 update, the workaround appears to no longer be needed... Thanks for being a test subject. Not! I'll submit a fix ASAP.&nbsp; Thanks Dregoth.
1639626487

Edited 1639626716
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Fix/Update submitted : <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/9909" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/9909</a>
1639627402
Vince, Thank you immensely for the fast response and turn around.&nbsp; You all rock!
1639627971
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Fun story, I just inserted a hidden roll in last night's update to test this very scenario because I noticed that while it was still working in Production, the menus were broken in the sheet author sandbox.&nbsp; The upside is that the original issues should now be fixed.&nbsp; I wonder if nested queries have been fixed collaterally as well. lol&nbsp;
1639673301
vÍnce said: One option for using buffs to toggle per/skill adjustments (still requires some setup...); create a buff for a given spell do not assign a "Bonus" from the dropdown list enter an appropriate value for the buff Copy the buff's attribute name (right-click the field, inspect element and copy the name in the title="...") Copy the buff's toggle attribute name (right-click the field, inspect element and copy the name in the title="...") Copy the rowID (expand the ID subsection of the buff to see the rowID) edit the attribute names to include the rowID, ie swap "$X" with rowID make a simple macro that multiplies the buff's value attribute by the toggle attribute. ie (toggle*(value)) Copy the macro into the appropriate skill's Misc Macro field. If you toggle the buff, the misc macro should reflect the adjustment. example; Create a buff Grab attribute names, rowID, make a macro rowID: &nbsp;-mqalpkei-mef25uahas value: @{repeating_buff2_$X_b1_val} toggle: @{repeating_buff2_$X_enable_toggle} macro: (@{repeating_buff2_-mqalpkei-mef25uahas_enable_toggle}*(@{repeating_buff2_-mqalpkei-mef25uahas_b1_val})) Insert macro into the Misc Macro field. Thanks a lot!&nbsp; Its work perfectly! You are a genius!
1639675915
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You can also set the buff to affect one of the custom attributes and use that custom attribute in the skull's calculation. Requires a little setup, but is easier when you have several effects that will affect the same subset of things.
1639691462
Any update on fixing the natural attack import?
1639807781
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
David B. said: Any update on fixing the natural attack import? I've taken a quick look... The HL import does not create attacks. Weapons are simply added as equipment and you must use the create attack option (post import) from equipment to generate an attack on the sheet or create it manually.&nbsp; Since natural attacks are not weapons/items per se, they are basically ignored during import.&nbsp; There needs to be some additional programming done to parse natural attacks.&nbsp; Unfortunately, I have a nominal understanding of javascript. I'm able to do some limited troubleshooting/repair of existing code and occasionally write some basic, "inefficient js".&nbsp; No promises, but I'll look a little deeper at how difficult it would be to parse natural attacks.
1640451906
Scott C. said: You can also set the buff to affect one of the custom attributes and use that custom attribute in the skull's calculation. Requires a little setup, but is easier when you have several effects that will affect the same subset of things. I will try! Thanks!
1640823541

Edited 1640824599
Hi guys, there's something wrong with the buffs... I have a buff that (among other things) gives +2 Strenght. If I toggle the buff everything is fine, the STR changes but melee damage in Attacks do not change (well sometimes it does some other times it doesn't). I get a sheetworker error (console) if I use ChatSetAttr to set enable_toggle (but the buff actually toggles correctly, it just does not update weapon total-damage as when I toggle the buff manually). I've read somewhere that it's just slow sometimes, so I've been waiting for 5 minutes everytime I tried (just to be sure), and nothing happens. Is this a known issue? simply using !setattr --sel --fb-public --repeating_buff2_$2_enable_toggle|0 causes "SHEET WORKER ERROR: You attempted to set an attribute beginning with 'repeating_' but did not include a Row ID or Attribute Name in repeating_weapon_total-damage"
1640827634

Edited 1640827745
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hmm...&nbsp; What if you use the rowID instead of the row number? Does total damage update if you recalc?
1640827891

Edited 1640828035
1) no I actually use the rowID in my macro, but I noticed that the behaviour is the same with the row number, so I posted this one just to make it easier to read 2) yes, it updates with recalc
1640828371
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Valerio.&nbsp; Promising that the recalc triggers it.&nbsp; I think I've seen this in the past... and I can't recall if I tried but couldn't locate the triggering issue or if I "thought" I had located it and fixed it.&nbsp; lol&nbsp; I'll have look.
eheheh ok I'll be waiting for your answer (fingers crossed)
1642971216
Guys, i have a recurrent problem in my games. Every time i put the red (or ay other color) token mark in a token, all the game stop and being very slow . I disabled all other API unless pathfinder companion and is it that causing the problem.&nbsp; What i have to do?&nbsp; I have tryed everything. I have activated and deactivated the option "Apply condition/Buff status marker" and all other function in !pfc --config.
1642979240
I discovered something! &nbsp; &nbsp;If the " Items default value " is unchecked, the token counter will not slow down the game. This pattern works on multiple tokens. These two markers ("items default value" and "damage and check buffs") will prejudice my game?
1643070636
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
That's odd Menat.&nbsp; I don't believe the old migration code would have any effect since it simply tells the sheet to check if certain updates have been done on older sheets (3-4+ years older).&nbsp; I'll see if I can reproduce.
1643156399
vÍnce said: I'll look a little deeper at how difficult it would be to parse natural attacks. Hate to nag but any update? I&nbsp; don't know javascript very well but&nbsp; from reading the code the natural attacks should be listed in characterObj.melee.weapon (as normal attacks are) the function importItems takes that list however it just compares it to the lists of items, and creates the weapon object from the item list. Ideally, you would ignore the item list and create it from the weapon list (line 304 of HLImport.js)&nbsp; or another angle is while looping over the item list keep track of the weapons created, then iterate ove r characterObj.melee.weapon creating weapon objects for anything that was missed.
1643205981
vÍnce said: That's odd Menat.&nbsp; I don't believe the old migration code would have any effect since it simply tells the sheet to check if certain updates have been done on older sheets (3-4+ years older).&nbsp; I'll see if I can reproduce. I will continue to observe and test these things.
1643252873
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Valerio I. said: eheheh ok I'll be waiting for your answer (fingers crossed) I thought I had addressed this previously, but apparently not... Submitted a bug fix: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/10093" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/10093</a>
1643253299

Edited 1643253319
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Looks like we finally reached the max limit for a single thread on the roll20 forums... Please continue Pathfinder Community Sheet discussions on: [PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 7