Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

Edited 1489435616
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
thanks. found it , yes saves were reversed, others look right. i think i got it in before they merged this week so you should see the fix wednesday (it was just changing a - to a +  so pretty quick) edit: no spellcasters what!? i guess that's easier on the DM :)
Is the '# Used' field on spontaneous casting supposed to be grayed out? It's formatted to appear like it can't (or shouldn't) be edited, but I'm able to input numbers into it.

Edited 1489446191
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
thanks, yes it will ignore you or reset them if you enter data. i'll fix that. I added a "total spells manually" checkbox above in v1.18, so that it will switch it out with a user editable column

Edited 1489451878
I would like to use your amazing NPC drag and drop magic for NPC characters in Pathfinder modules. What format would they need to be in to be accepted by the program? Ah, I see just enter the stats and parse. I feared it would be more complex. Even better - you are all amazing.
Loving it so far, the notes section is being tremendously helpful! Though I learned for the Kineticist class I need more sections for equations like customa1, customa2, and customa3. Alsas, still super helpful!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
DPoe said: How do you enter spells such as Cure Light Wounds and the like so you can use them in a macro directly from the sheet? Is this even Possible? Many thanks in advance for your assistance! If you are a spell caster, make sure to go to Settings(button at the top of sheet between logo and character name) On the row for Spells, just check "Uses Spells", close Settings and you now have a Spells tab.  You can add spells manually and/or drag and drop spells from the compendium(just add a new repeating spell and drag the spells name from the compendium sidebar, release on top of the empty spell).  Now you can cast from the spells button, drag/drop the button to the quickbar, or use the Spellbook menu button.  Or use the button rolls name from a macro off sheet.  Cheers
Vince said: DPoe said: How do you enter spells such as Cure Light Wounds and the like so you can use them in a macro directly from the sheet? Is this even Possible? Many thanks in advance for your assistance! If you are a spell caster, make sure to go to Settings(button at the top of sheet between logo and character name) On the row for Spells, just check "Uses Spells", close Settings and you now have a Spells tab.  You can add spells manually and/or drag and drop spells from the compendium(just add a new repeating spell and drag the spells name from the compendium sidebar, release on top of the empty spell).  Now you can cast from the spells button, drag/drop the button to the quickbar, or use the Spellbook menu button.  Or use the button rolls name from a macro off sheet.  Cheers I tried that, it doesn't work. Here's what I get: I used the compendium and dragged it over, even entered a macro in the macro spot. Nothing comes through. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, so anything will help. 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Jens said: Good day, thanks for the updated sheet. It's awesome but I have a problem. My Attacks-Button Makro doesn't show anything in chat.&nbsp; I have tried the problems thing in the Setup where I have to uncheck the box and recalc but it didn't help. Any Ideas? The sheet was V0.74 before. Jens, would you mind importing your character into the beta game ( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w</a> )&nbsp;so we could have a look? my vault: from the top menu of roll20's site "Tools&gt;Character Vault" You can backup your characters and if a GM allows it, you can import characters from the vault to their game. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/My_Vault" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/My_Vault</a>

Edited 1489473321
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@DPoe can you give a screenshot of the spell(the repeating section with the full macro-text displayed)? &nbsp; something like: Thanks
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
make sure spell level is set. it tries to set it by looking at the class name but sometimes it doesn't know
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
chris b. said: make sure spell level is set. it tries to set it by looking at the class name but sometimes it doesn't know Go to sleep Chris. ;-P
Vince said: @DPoe can you give a screenshot of the spell(the repeating section with the full macro-text displayed)? &nbsp; something like: Thanks Yeah, turns out I put the macro in the "Attack and Damage" section, not in the Macro Text, so my apologies and thanks! I can be so dumb sometimes! XD
When using the Hero Lab import feature for my "Witch" character the spells transferred when "rolled" only bring up the spell name. Adding a new spell using drag n' drop works as expected. Also when selecting the Spell Level tab all of the spell levels remain displayed, if you have access to the PF Sheet BETA page the character name is Alnitak Orionis. Also is there any way to quickly delete a all the spells so they could be drag n' dropped as the character has nearly 400 spells listed?
I'm&nbsp;trying to use this sheet as a base and including unique setting content to the sheet, namely a section like HP for Mana and Stamina, also we need a lot more than 10 skills is there an easy way to add those in or any areas that I'd need to change outside the primary area to make it work? Currently, I keep getting red char sheets. &nbsp;

Edited 1489550168
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
To get rid of the red you just need to grab the translation.json sheet and add it to the translate tab on the game settings. To add new misc skills, besides adding them in the html, in the javascript at the top of the PFSkills module &nbsp;you would have to add extra entries to&nbsp;miscSkillAppendNums. these are the strings appended to &nbsp;"attr_misc-skill" in the html: //add "-10","-11","-12","-13" etc miscSkillAppendNums = ["-0", "-1", "-2", "-3", "-4", "-5", "-6", "-7", "-8", "-9"], also, if you look at the Notes, there are a lot of extra fields for users to define themselves. I added 6 more to the first section which should come out tomorrow, for 18 extra macro fields that evaluate to a number, and you can add whatever titles you want. you'd have to do it to one sheet then use the copy function to create a bunch more for players.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Also is there any way to quickly delete a all the spells so they could be drag n' dropped as the character has nearly 400 spells listed? we can look into writing something like that. I think the sheetworker lets us delete. at even 80 spells it gets really slow and messed up.

Edited 1489557258
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Madman said: Oh my god do I really even need to say why this new change is ******* ********. Assuming that's a question, yes please. Posting what you do not like about the sheet may lead to future changes. &nbsp;It happens quit often on roll20.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Just a reminder to folks: even when frustrated, please keep the language civil or risk having your post deleted (at a minimum).

Edited 1489554853
(Edited to remove inflammatory language quoted) Since the updated version of the sheet seems to have some significant issues for you I'm sure if you ask you can be pointed to the previous version(s) (HTML, CSS and TRANS files) that worked for you and paste those entries into the custom sheet entries.
With the 1.18 version update I now can not import from hero lab. I past the Json information but nothing happens. With 1.17 it would automatically work. Now the info sits there and nothing happens.

Edited 1489622056
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sorry i screwed up something. we have a new build process to eliminate mistakes but well i made one .&nbsp; i'll see how soon we can get the right version in prod (deleted stuff about migration checkboxes)
All the boxes are checked but nothing.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
ok i figured out the fix, pro users can grab it here: <a href="https://gist.github.com/plutosdad/94c9ba9c587ae718" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/plutosdad/94c9ba9c587ae718</a>... ill see if i can convince roll20 to put out a special fix so users don't have to wait till next wednesday
Hi there, I'm rather confused how this hero lab importer works. I've copied the code, followed every bit of instruction but there's no button to begin the import. If it's a specific api code that I need it's not posted in the sheet.&nbsp;
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Normally after pasting, hit tab, and it will update the sheet automatically. However there is a bug right now so that it does nothing. I already submitted the fix and Roll20 said they'd put out a special fix for us today. So hopefully it will work soon.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
HERO LAB IMPORT WORKING AGAIN thanks to Phil for helping us quickly put this out sorry for the inconvenience

Edited 1489687300
Has it been pushed to the dropdown selected pathfinder sheet? like will it be in my game now? Cause it's still not working for me.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yes i just tested it before I posted. make sure to refresh the browser. then &nbsp;paste in the JSON, and tab out of the field. it can take 5 or mores seconds. when it finishes you'll see the field you pasted into empty out
Ok and what specifically is this supposed to import? If the sheet is set to NPC does that mess it up?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
everything in the herolab file. make sure you are using a json version of the herolab file Note: when doing this, the field has to actually "change" , so if you have a sheet you were testing before, you have to add some spaces so it is "different", though spaces don't matter, then tab out of the field so that the browser recognizes the value in the field actually changed.&nbsp;

Edited 1489688589
Well it didn't import the 'spells', which granted I used a psionic character for an example so maybe that's the problem. It also didn't add the attacks.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
if there are specific issues please contact James W. as he wrote the importer. &nbsp;the part i fixed was it was totally missing from yesterday's build.
So I noticed that the new creature drag-and-drop feature has been implemented... HURRAY! I've only noticed one major issue thus far: As soon as I drag and drop the creature over from the compendium and parse, the character sheet slows way down. Is there anything I can do to correct this issue, or something that's being fixed? Other than this, I LOVE the new sheet! :D Thanks so much for it!
Sorry to keep having questions. I imported Meyanda from Hero lab's Iron Gods supplement and I don't know how to add her second class (she's Multiclassed) when setting up npc. There's 'add class levels' thing yet it only has 'first class' and no apparent way to add two or even three classes.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
there is a little arrow to the left to expand the extra class rows
Where is it? I can't find it. It's there for pc's sure, but not npc's as far as I can see.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
what browser and OS are you using? we haven't seen that before. (also as a workaround you can change it to a pc then back)
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
DPoe said: So I noticed that the new creature drag-and-drop feature has been implemented... HURRAY! I've only noticed one major issue thus far: As soon as I drag and drop the creature over from the compendium and parse, the character sheet slows way down. Is there anything I can do to correct this issue, or something that's being fixed? Other than this, I LOVE the new sheet! :D Thanks so much for it! thanks, one thing i noticed is the garbage collector starts getting rid of data after a little while and it speeds up. but to force it to speed up right away the only way i've found is to refresh the browser. Sometimes i have to do that once/hour when I'm GMing, due to all the sheets taking up memory.&nbsp; sorry not sure what else, i know the 5e shaped guys are working on some things, maybe we can ask them. but our sheet allows a lot more customization due to the older ruleset and more splatbooks. so it's just bigger.

Edited 1489730821
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
JJL said: Hmm, I think drag & drop might need some tweaks. I mean, this wasn't "dragged multiple to same sheet" situation: I dragged shantak to npc sheet and talon attacks appeared in notes for bite attack instead of being seperate.&nbsp; shantak attacks are missing commas in the compendium. Probably missing in the SRD too. There has to be a comma between the two attacks, and an 'or' between sets of full attacks. So .. for the the only fix is to look at the data and fix things that look wrong before hitting Parse (which is basically why we have the 2 steps) though that can be tedious, probably easier to add the attack or whatever is wrong than look over every field. I assume its supposed to represent secondary attacks being done at half damage and istead of changing modifier to 0.5 it just has -5? But yeah, same thing with cmd as previously, skills seem right this time around. Secondary attacks receive a -5 tohit modifier in addition to 1/2 strength:&nbsp; <a href="http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/co" rel="nofollow">http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/co</a>... Some natural attacks are denoted as secondary natural attacks, such as tails and wings. Attacks with secondary natural attacks are made using your base attack bonus minus 5. These attacks deal an amount of damage depending on their type, but you only add half your Strength modifier on damage rolls. but the other things are bugs in the parser i'm looking into
chris b. said: DPoe said: So I noticed that the new creature drag-and-drop feature has been implemented... HURRAY! I've only noticed one major issue thus far: As soon as I drag and drop the creature over from the compendium and parse, the character sheet slows way down. Is there anything I can do to correct this issue, or something that's being fixed? Other than this, I LOVE the new sheet! :D Thanks so much for it! thanks, one thing i noticed is the garbage collector starts getting rid of data after a little while and it speeds up. but to force it to speed up right away the only way i've found is to refresh the browser. Sometimes i have to do that once/hour when I'm GMing, due to all the sheets taking up memory.&nbsp; sorry not sure what else, i know the 5e shaped guys are working on some things, maybe we can ask them. but our sheet allows a lot more customization due to the older ruleset and more splatbooks. so it's just bigger. Okay, thanks! I will try that and see how it goes.&nbsp; I have noticed that the sheet does speed up a bit after a while, also, so that may be just the thing. "Patience, young padawan." -Pathfinder Sheet Authors
Under skills the @{stealth-trait} box is actually a duplicated @{stealth-racial}
Have any issues with caster level calculations been reported?&nbsp; For some reason my character's caster level is showing as 1 higher than the total base + buff + cond modifiers should be.&nbsp; On the previous version of the sheet, I had a +1 added from the magical knack trait in one of the fields, but I can't find any similar field anywhere on the new sheet.&nbsp; I'm wondering if maybe it's a relic from when the info got ported to the new sheet, but I really have no idea.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
matt click on 'show user defined fields" in the "advanced" section of settings, i think there is an extra field that will be displayed in the top of the spells.
Thanks for the help!
I've been using the PF sheets for a while, but only since this most recent update have I been trying to get more use out of it beyond just the bare basics. Right now I'm trying to figure out how I can put the "current" and "max" values of a class ability into one of the status bars of a token, like you can do with HP. I assume I have to use @{selected|repeating_ability_&lt;ID&gt;_max} in some way, but I can't figure it out. I've tried creating an attribute (which I can select in the drop-down for the token's status bar) @{selected|repeating_ability_ _max} in the attribute's max box, but it just stays blank.&nbsp; Any input or advice?

Edited 1489892598
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
McGravin said: Right now I'm trying to figure out how I can put the "current" and "max" values of a class ability into one of the status bars of a token, like you can do with HP. I assume I have to use @{selected|repeating_ability_&lt;ID&gt;_max} in some way, but I can't figure it out. I've tried creating an attribute (which I can select in the drop-down for the token's status bar) @{selected|repeating_ability__max} in the attribute's max box, but it just stays blank.&nbsp;Any input or advice? you cannot use fields from those rows in the token bars. Instead you can paste it @{repeating_ability_&lt;ID&gt;_whatever_max} &nbsp;into one of the new macros in the "Notes" page, in the top section. (because the top section evaluates to numbers) Paste it in one that has a value and max value, and it will set the max value to a number. Then you can put customa4 ,customa5, customa6, etc as the field in the token bar.&nbsp;
Working on the new sheet for the Boss Battle for the final session and I noticed that the BAB will not calculate at all. As there is no way to add it in normally like before, I'm at a loss here for what to do. And yes, I entered in number into the Monster Statblock Import and Parsed. No luck there. It's kinda important, so anyone have any ideas on what the deal is here?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Abby said: Working on the new sheet for the Boss Battle for the final session and I noticed that the BAB will not calculate at all. As there is no way to add it in normally like before, I'm at a loss here for what to do. And yes, I entered in number into the Monster Statblock Import and Parsed. No luck there. It's kinda important, so anyone have any ideas on what the deal is here? You can make a BAB adjustment from the Core page (many fields/attributes are shared on PC/NPC)