Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

I was considering getting rid of the XML to JSON step. Seems like it's a pretty self-contained part of the codebase. Is this something you would like done? Looking at the code it seems like the first thing it does is convert the JSON to XML, which is kind of odd. Perhaps it has the side effect of fixing up something?

Edited 1512746086
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
James W. wrote it, so you'd have to ask him. I am not sure why it is needed. perhaps it's easier to paste ? 
Going to look at it from the other end. From the docs, it looks like Hero Lab allows a custom export plugin of sorts. I will write something quick tomorrow and see if I can upload the HLExport package for others to use.
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Leigh M. said: I was considering getting rid of the XML to JSON step. Seems like it's a pretty self-contained part of the codebase. Is this something you would like done? Looking at the code it seems like the first thing it does is convert the JSON to XML, which is kind of odd. Perhaps it has the side effect of fixing up something? The reason I require converting from XML to JSON is because the JavaScript environment Roll20 provides to sheet workers doesn't include XML parsing, so it was either parse everything the hard way, or convert to JSON and parse that with one line.
James W. said: Leigh M. said: I was considering getting rid of the XML to JSON step. Seems like it's a pretty self-contained part of the codebase. Is this something you would like done? Looking at the code it seems like the first thing it does is convert the JSON to XML, which is kind of odd. Perhaps it has the side effect of fixing up something? The reason I require converting from XML to JSON is because the JavaScript environment Roll20 provides to sheet workers doesn't include XML parsing, so it was either parse everything the hard way, or convert to JSON and parse that with one line. Right. Makes sense. Figured there was a reason to jump through that hoop. Going to look at the Hero Lab end now.
Got it working. Took longer because I used the XSLT version instead of an exe so that it would work on other operating systems. XSLT is nasty. Where do you think the exporter should go?
I put it on my site for now. Let me know where it should go. Hero Lab Pathfinder Exporter
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
i love xslt! :)
chris b. said: odd they both use the same field: @{CMB-Check-macro}, you can run a test with: /w GM @{selected|CMB-Check-macro} and see if that works.  if it does: permanent solution for the monster sheets in question: if you can find npc-CMB-check on the abilities tab you can set it to : @{NPC-whisper} @{CMB-Check-macro} Thanks Chris. It works with @{CMB-Check-macro}, so it looks like the issue is with the CMB button in @{selected|attacks-macro-npc} . It puts this into chat: %{<id>|NPC-CMB-Check} Maybe this is the issue?

Edited 1512770262
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Skates said: chris b. said: if it does: permanent solution for the monster sheets in question: if you can find npc-CMB-check on the abilities tab you can set it to : @{NPC-whisper} @{CMB-Check-macro} Thanks Chris. It works with @{CMB-Check-macro}, so it looks like the issue is with the CMB button in @{selected|attacks-macro-npc} . It puts this into chat: %{<id>|NPC-CMB-Check} Maybe this is the issue? that is correct (the attacks menu links to buttons, and the buttons link to other macros, so that way we can use the same macro for both pc and npc rolls, and only a different button with the correct whisper in front) it just seems like something wrong with the npc-cmb-check.  i don't know why that would be different though than the cmb-check is it every character or just a few?
Hi there, So I just set up a full attack sheet roll using Dual Wield that will make three attacks - two with my greatsword, and one natural attack with horns. I already had an attack roll for my primary weapon and for a secondary natural attack, so I just dropped those in. It's mostly working, except for some reason the Dual Wield function is adding in "[[@{repeating_weapon_-(row ID here)-_total-attack} + 0]]" at the end of the Iterative attack names. It looks like this on the macro screen: Which results in rolls that look like this: Where the 15, 7 and 10 are the respective attack roll modifiers. As best I can tell, the rest is working as intended. Deleting the extra text in each iterative attack name fixed the problem.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yes that is just to help the user see what the modifier was for that attack, since if you hover over the roll at the right it gets confusing.
Guys, how to set auto-calc quantity? I mean, when i link this once, the quantity is decreases? Is this possible?

Edited 1512835967
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
DrSnail D., if you mean something like automatically decreasing ammunition, you have to use the API for that, which is a feature of Pro level accounts, so the campaign owner must be a Pro user. You can set that up by going to Campaign settings screen then API Scripts and choosing Pathfinder Companion Scripts then use the Automatic Resource Tracking function  !pfc  will link to help documents !pfc --config  shows the config menu
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Leigh M. said: I put it on my site for now. Let me know where it should go. Hero Lab Pathfinder Exporter Leigh if you want, if what you wrote is a plug-in for HeroLab (I don't know how the program works) you can write instructions on how to install it at the wiki at&nbsp;<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet</a>
I can. Maybe I can get some feedback that it is working for people before I point all the people to a world of hurt. I tested it on 3 characters and did a diff of the JSON file with the old method and they looked the same. Just different sort order of some of the objects.
I have a friend that tried the new Hero Lab exporter on their OSX (Apple) and they said it crashes Hero Labs. He sent me the Hero Lab file (.por) and it loaded and exported on my Windows machine fine. Has anyone tried it on OSX? I have used it on &gt;10 characters without a problem but I am hesitant to update the wiki until I know it works on Mac.
I have a question regarding the current version of the Pathfinder sheet and how Wounds interacts with Manifester Levels.&nbsp; At the moment Wounds as an option does not affect the Manifester Level conditionals.&nbsp; I have found nothing conclusive regarding the subject but, It stands to reason that ML would be treated the same way as CL in regards to wounds. Could I have some clarification on this. Also, the buffs seem to lack both bonus power points and bonus manifester levels, if that is not an oversight, then I withdraw this second part.
We have an issue where a character sheet keeps auto adding +10 to strength skills and +8 to dexterity skills. It seems to have started when the player added the enlarge buff. We removed the buff, ensured the character size was set to Medium (bother default and current) and recalculated multiple times. We even got it to correct itself (by switching the character size from Large to Medium). Then, the player went to the skills section. Saw it was correct. Then suddenly it reverted to the +10/+8 issue. The player is using Firefox. She tried another browser (Chrome) and no success.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Eli B. said: We have an issue where a character sheet keeps auto adding +10 to strength skills and +8 to dexterity skills. It seems to have started when the player added the enlarge buff.&nbsp; can the player look at these 3 things: make sure the ACP is a negative number or zero. if it's a positive number it may be adding to skills instead of subtracting from them. check Show More Fields above ability scores and see if there are hidden adjustments? check Show More Fields above skill list, and make sure nothing is in the 'misc' section of the skills. also they used 'enlarge' and not the 'giant' tempate right?
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Hey Chris Back in April, yeah I know feel;s like years ago, I put in a Feature Request but never received a resonance as to whether this was something that could be done, is planned, or rejected outright. Feature Requests : I realize these are very specific for our 3 campaigns and others may not find a need for this level of detail. I have a need for the following. Under Inventory, each of the tabbed categories have a sub total of the value at the top and bottom next to Totals of lbs and GP Under Inventory, a way to have a Short Desc name for the categories of Gear, Oth 1, and Oth 2. We wish to be able label them. For example: Backpack, Bag of Holding #1, and Bag of Holding #2. Maybe that name can be placed in that empty space after the 'Show more details' Is this possible? Thanks for your time.

Edited 1513352880
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
j edited my response a lot after thinking more: 1 .we could add a new location "extra dimensional" on the location dropdown, i usually use "not carried" which is sufficient for encumbrance purposes., but people might want to differentiate what they actually don't carry, vs what they carry but is not counted for weight. just have to figure out an abbreviation for the tabs. 2. we want to add the ability to label the two 'other' tabs, we can't in the dropdown since roll20's interface won't allow dynamic dropdowns, but we can at least add fields above the list that allow the other1 and 2 to have different names. however, the width of the tabs can't be dynamic (we had them once at version .5 but for about 20% of users it caused the tabs to freeze, we nor roll20 could ever reproduce this, and the devs verified our code was valid and should work) 3. we could subtotal each tab..we can try it in beta and see how it affects speed 4. i use the short description for location in particular bags..but it's the same issue as 3 for totalling, our main concern is speed. but we could try it. technically it doesn't affect speed if you are not making changes, or hitting recalc. it just adds more code ..&nbsp; right now our highest priorities are: bugs token bar setting speed speed of updates on the sheet speed of campaign for GM with lots of characters (this is the hardest)
So not a huge issue, more just an annoyance.&nbsp; But when I select "Show only prepared spells in spellbook" when editing prepared spells (either preparing new spells or changing the uses left to 0 after using said spells), the spellbook does not update unless I either hit the recalc button or uncheck and recheck the option to show only prepared spells. Is this an issue with me missing something, or just a result of how the sheet works now? Thanks in advance! Noe3
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
that is a bug, it should change the menu. i will add it to our list
Two things 1. Hitpoints are calculated incorrectly for very low con values, it should be Max((level*conmod+classHP), level) as you cannot gain less than one HP per level. an actually correct calculation would require storing the values at each level, and applying the con mod to each one which seems to be a waste. 2. The size function on weapons appears to not function correctly. I have a diminuitive creature wielding a 5d6 weapon, which should scale down to something like 3d4, but instead scales to 8d6.

Edited 1513368323
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
ugh why is the size reversing again? I fixed this. it will be fixed for next week's build. i was relying on git merge not giving an error to let me know that our prod support build merged correctly with our dev build, but there were a number of things I fixed in 1.5 that disappeared with version 1.6

Edited 1513378135
Is there any way to have a buff that gives an increase to BAB itself, rather than attack rolls? There's a few things that it might be helpful for (Transformation, Trappings of the Warrior Occultists, ect). If not, any chance it could get added?
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Chris for your response to my Feature Requests. I appreciate all the hard work you and the others have done with the sheet and I woudl hate to have a new feature that slows down the sheet. Mostly I appreciate that you responded. Thanks again. Mike
chris b. said: Eli B. said: We have an issue where a character sheet keeps auto adding +10 to strength skills and +8 to dexterity skills. It seems to have started when the player added the enlarge buff.&nbsp; can the player look at these 3 things: make sure the ACP is a negative number or zero. if it's a positive number it may be adding to skills instead of subtracting from them. check Show More Fields above ability scores and see if there are hidden adjustments? check Show More Fields above skill list, and make sure nothing is in the 'misc' section of the skills. also they used 'enlarge' and not the 'giant' tempate right? ACP seems to be the issue. Not certain what happened. I had to delete the ACP and reset to -6 and it seems to be working now. Not sure why it was giving +8 and +10 respectively to Dex and Str skills. Thanks for the help.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
weird, there was an ACP bug where it wasn't being reset but i thought it was fixed, there must be another place it is not setting correctly i will look for it.

Edited 1513711235
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Chris A. said: Is there any way to have a buff that gives an increase to BAB itself, rather than attack rolls? There's a few things that it might be helpful for (Transformation, Trappings of the Warrior Occultists, ect). If not, any chance it could get added? I just read that, curse the Paizo dev who came up with that! That and Sacred Geometry! not just plus to hit and damage but extra attacks.&nbsp; you could use the "alt melee" for that particular weapon. That way your other attacks all use regular melee, and your regular bonuses, but anything assigned to alt melee will use the different bonus.&nbsp; Alt melee can be anything, we just default the name to weapon finesse but it doesn't have to be.&nbsp; So add the bonus to 'alt melee" attacks and "alt melee damage" , and select alt melee for the attacks with that weapon.&nbsp; though .. i guess it's similar to core monk flurry, which is pretty much the same bonuses as two weapon fighting where bab = monk level. huh, i guess you could setup flurry as dual wield unarmed using alt melee, adding @{level}-@{bab} to the alt melee attack.

Edited 1513968773
Jason H.
KS Backer
I input my Ioun Stones' effects as buffs to simplify type-stacking with other spells and abilities, but there's something wrong with the initiative calculation.&nbsp; Here are the buffs: For initiative, we can see a +1 competence in the first buff, an in the second buff, a +2 luck and a +1 morale that should be applied to initiative for a total of +4.&nbsp; Initiative shows: So it's got my DEX mod right, it's calculated the total active buffs correctly, but it's coming up with 5 instead of the 8 it should be and I don't know why.&nbsp; For completeness' sake, here's my attribute block so we can see there's no ability damage that should be affecting init: I tried unchecking both buffs and re-checking them.&nbsp; I tried recalculating the sheet, and I tried exiting and re-entering the campaign page.&nbsp; It's always the same. Any ideas?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I think there may be a bug in our Buff: "Ability & Skills" bonus and how it's being applied to INIT. I'll put it on our list. As a workaround, can you use separate buff: bonuses using "Skill Checks" and "Ability Checks"?
Vince said: I think there may be a bug in our Buff: "Ability & Skills" bonus and how it's being applied to INIT. I'll put it on our list. As a workaround, can you use separate buff: bonuses using "Skill Checks" and "Ability Checks"? Yeah I switched to separate "Skill Checks" and "Ability Checks" buffs and it works fine.&nbsp; Thanks.
I was looking over a few things and maybe I am just misunderstanding how it should work but when I selected, on a character that doesn't lose Dex when flat footed, to become blinded they are not losing their Dex Bonus yet it is still losing its Dex bonus when Cowering which has the same wording as far as Loss of Dex goes. Should they lose it on both? Neither? Is it currently correct and I am just dumb? Other than that though I wanted to say amazing job on the sheet guys! it is truly amazing!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
As I understand it, Blinded and Cowering should both lose Dex.&nbsp; I think this is a bug with the sheet's Blinded condition when using Uncanny Dodge (Do not lose Dex when flat-footed).&nbsp; Unless Chris has some insight, I'll add it to our bug list.&nbsp; Thanks

Edited 1514168821
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
uncanny dodge: you still lose dex to ac if "immobilized"&nbsp; Cowering, Stunned, and Pinned are "immobilizing" conditions where you lose dex even if you normally don't. At least that seems to be the consensus on the Paizo boards. You should not lose it if blinded just like you don't lose it vs an invisible character. edit: i think i thought because of the definition of cowering: " Cowering : The character is frozen in fear and can take no actions." i interpreted "take no actions" as "immobilized" , where you lose dex., but not the same as helpless (you can't coup de grace them) i can try to find an official ruling somewhere. edit: i can't. most people seem to feel Cowering, Stunned, and Pinned all "immobilize" the PC. a handful think that "immobilize" is only when "helpless" so ... idk i thought it was clear when I did it. but maybe there is division in how GMs rule? if so we could make that a setting.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Ha. I successfully cast Summon Chris.&nbsp; ;-)

Edited 1514168849
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Just got back from seeing Pitch Perfect with the Family and thought I'd check :) Also looked up from playing Skyrim SE which I finally bought last month
One of my older character sheets seems to have gotten borked, and I'm having trouble figuring out how to fix it to make it work again. Any time I try to roll a skill, I'm getting this error: No attribute was found for @{character name|PC-Whisper} No attribute was found for @{character name|Knowledge-Nobility-macro} (this happens for every skill...) It does look as though those attributes exist, so I'm not sure what to do here. My usual tricks are not working for me.&nbsp; Any ideas?
Hrm, yeah, everything involving PC whisper is broken.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Alex, does it say "@{character name|..." or "@{character _ name|..."?&nbsp; Have you tried resetting(just delete the macro-text click in another field or open/close sheet) one of your skill macros to see if you still get the error?&nbsp;
Creating the migrated_whispers attribute and setting it to 1 eliminates one of the two attributes, but it doesn't fix the second...
Example: No attribute was found for @{Elidara Blakros|PC-Whisper} No attribute was found for @{Elidara Blakros|Knowledge-Religion-macro} Even initiative is broken, hrm.
And no, deleting the macro text doesn't help...
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Strange...&nbsp; Have you toggled whispers from settings and you can verified there's a macro included with each skill?
Yeah. So, it gets even stranger. It's malfunctioning in a new room, but it's working fine in an old room. Both sheets are showing version 1.710. I've played around with whispers in settings, although adding the value for migrated_whispers seems to have resolved one of the two errors. Each skill has a macro. I'm thoroughly confused!
Hrm. I don't really know what's going on. It works everywhere except that one room, so it's probably not worth you guys worrying about, but I can't reproduce the problem in any other room so I couldn't tell you for sure. Now that I'm not frantically trying to recreate like 40 functions as macros and have time to think, I think there might be something where I imported a character sheet and the GM imported a different version of the same character sheet and there was a conflict--but when I try to recreate that situation everything still works, so that might not be the thing. Anyway, it's probably not the sheet's fault. Thank you for trying to help, even so!
(first time using this sheet) I'm building a cleric and adding the spells takes a very long time, and causes the page to hang for a minuet or two with dropping in from compendium. The more spells I add the worse it gets and I'm only making a level 1 cleric.&nbsp; If the sheet finishes recalculating something after I have added a new line for spell then the new line disappears. I have tried in both Chrome and Firefox, the hang appears in different ways in both browsers. Chrome becomes unresponsive when I click on add new line, then again for a shorter period after dropping a spell in; it doesn't drop new lines very often. Firefox adds new line quickly but will frequently drop the new line soon after adding. Then it becomes unresponsive after dropping the spell in for a minuet then responds but has not finished calculating the imported values. (can add a new line at this point but it will be deleted as soon as the calculations are finished)&nbsp; I've added all orisons and about 1/2 of the 1st level spells, is there a better way to accomplish this?