Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

Hey Sheet authors! I'm really happy with the current state of the sheet. Works amazing for me and my groups! Thanks a bunch for all the work that you've put into this. Two small suggestions/wishes: 1. Could you add the "squeezing" condition? I know it doesn't occur very often, but just for the sake of completeness it would be nice to be able to toggle that as well. 2. Would it be possible to add Creature Templates to the "Common Buff" drop down menu? It would be nice for GMs to quickly up or down the difficulty in combat by just a couple clicks I think. Me personally I would be happy with the Young and Advanced template only, as they're just effecting the stats. /K
Karankwan said: 2. Would it be possible to add Creature Templates to the "Common Buff" drop down menu? It would be nice for GMs to quickly up or down the difficulty in combat by just a couple clicks I think. Me personally I would be happy with the Young and Advanced template only, as they're just effecting the stats. Yeaaah, just found the feature under the NPC tab. Sorry :-)

Edited 1507249761
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Philip V. said: The attack multiplier is not working when you set it to 1.5  for two handed swords. It initially does the correct calculation, but then it will change to being incorrect. To reproduce create a character with 16 STR, which is a +3 mod. 1.5 * STR should be 4.5, rounded down to 4. It shows this initially when I come into Roll20, and can even do a few rolls. But when I recalculate the sheet twice (or make changes twice) it goes from 4 to 3. If I set it to 2 * STR it goes to 6 as it should, and if I set it back to 1.5 * STR it will go back to 4 again, but then will change itself back to 3 shorty.  I have tried in Chrome and Firefox and get the same issue.  Here is a screenshot. This a known issue. If you recalc, the sheet seems use "1" for mult (regardless of the attribute's value) We'll get a fix in.  For now, try changing the mult manually to something, click into another field and the set mult back. Every recalc will undo your change.  ;-(  

Edited 1507513901
Vince said: I'm not able to reproduce... ;-( What should your total damage be?  Total attack 41, wow!  Is that correct?  What is your Dex Paul?  Any related buffs?  There's currently a bug with the damage multiplier resetting it's value to 1 when using the recalc button, but that shouldn't matter here. Anyone else seeing this? The character has 41 dex so I should have a +15 modifier for a total of +23 damage. (we are playing Mythic stats are getting very high) There is 1 buff +1 competence bonus to attack, saves, and skills (Pale Green Prism Ioun Stone) The odd thing is if I change the dmg ability to str (my value is 20 or +5 mod) the damage becomes -2. It seems like my dmg values are being offset by my dex modifier as a negative no matter what my selected dmg ability is. With str (8 dmg + 5 str = 13 - 15 dex = -2) With dex (8 dmg + 15 dex = 23 - 15 dex = 8) Maybe a datatype is overflowing to negative somewhere? chris b. said: you can reset all the attacks (old and new) at once by going to the Settings screen,  Migrations uncheck "Ability and attack type dropdowns" then hit Recalc it should fix the old rows This fixes it temporally if I change the dmg ability to something else but it reverts to the incorrect value I made a new character sheet and imported the character again from Hero Lab. The damage values are correct until recalc is pressed. 

Edited 1507411712
Is there any suggestions on performance? Using the official pathfinder sheet is great, it's got lots of options, but it slows down roll20 so much. Or is this just me?
Started seeing this with checkboxes after the recent update: 

Edited 1507556829
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
That's strange.  No changes have been made that would effect those checkboxes...  What browser are you using Anarchium?  I'm not seeing this on chrome.  
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
hmm i think firefox has a different setting for checkbox height. but i don't remember changing it. 
Vince said: Brusana said: When I set my gold to 0 in the Equipment setting it still shows me as having gold weight, is there a way to fix this? Are you adjusting "Carried Currency"?  If so, does a recalc correct the problem? I am adjusting carried currency, and recalcing does not clear the weight
Vince said: That's strange.  No changes have been made that would effect those checkboxes...  What browser are you using Anarchium?  I'm not seeing this on chrome.   Opera 48.0.2685.35 (PGO). Chrome and Firefox have no issue with the checkboxes. 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hmmm, so.... roll20 only officially supports Chrome and FF.  ;-(  IMO, we could try to accommodate Opera as well, but then where would we draw the line?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Brusana said: Vince said: Brusana said: When I set my gold to 0 in the Equipment setting it still shows me as having gold weight, is there a way to fix this? Are you adjusting "Carried Currency"?  If so, does a recalc correct the problem? I am adjusting carried currency, and recalcing does not clear the weight I'm not sure what to suggest Brusana.  The sheet gets it's value from the various carried coin attributes.  Aside from your carried currency not being reflected in your total weight, do your other items tally as expected?  Does changing the encumbrance on the settings page make a difference?  Is this only on one character?  If you import your character into the Beta game(instructions and link at the top of this thread), we could have a go and trying to determine the issue.   
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Vince said: Brusana said: Vince said: Brusana said: When I set my gold to 0 in the Equipment setting it still shows me as having gold weight, is there a way to fix this? Are you adjusting "Carried Currency"?  If so, does a recalc correct the problem? I am adjusting carried currency, and recalcing does not clear the weight I'm not sure what to suggest Brusana.  The sheet gets it's value from the various carried coin attributes.  Aside from your carried currency not being reflected in your total weight, do your other items tally as expected?  Does changing the encumbrance on the settings page make a difference?  Is this only on one character?  If you import your character into the Beta game(instructions and link at the top of this thread), we could have a go and trying to determine the issue.    Just looked at this again, Brusana, you're currency weight is 0, you've got 36.51 lbs of other equipment on the character, and that is what the total is showing as well.

Edited 1507604511
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I think Brusana quoted me with my image (which shows that it is working for me) which was in response to his original post.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Doh, I'm a dunce

Edited 1507605151
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Scott C. said: Doh, I'm a dunce Actually, I thought the same thing when I read the post earlier on my phone. (and that was my screen cap...)  ;-P
Vince said: Hmmm, so.... roll20 only officially supports Chrome and FF.  ;-(  IMO, we could try to accommodate Opera as well, but then where would we draw the line? Understandably, you have to draw a line somewhere. I use Opera because it's given a more responsive experience for me while DMing in Roll20 than Chrome or Firefox. Go figure! I can live with oversized checkboxes.

Edited 1507778864
Jason H.
KS Backer
Seems like there's a glitch with the initiative calculation:  Never mind, I had a +2 on a hidden field.
Could you make the net worth and weight boxes on the equip page scaling please? It does not take long to have a value that goes off the end of the box especially when you get into silver and copper pieces.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Simon G. said: Could you make the net worth and weight boxes on the equip page scaling please? It does not take long to have a value that goes off the end of the box especially when you get into silver and copper pieces. Will do.  Thanks
I'm getting an odd glitch on both firefox and chrome. As you can see by the image below, I've got some feats clearly marked as such, but I'm on the traits tab and I still see everything.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Chaos Cowboy said: I'm getting an odd glitch on both firefox and chrome. As you can see by the image below, I've got some feats clearly marked as such, but I'm on the traits tab and I still see everything. Does a recalc fix it?  What happens when you change the rule?  You can also try unchecking the "Ability List Flags" from settings>migrations and hit the recalc button.
Recalc does not fix it. It's from importing from herolab. If I change the rule it does work, just tried it now.
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Chaos Cowboy said: Recalc does not fix it. It's from importing from herolab. If I change the rule it does work, just tried it now. Change the Rule type to something else and then back again.
Hey do you guys use the npc block often for your monsters? I feel like i'm doing a shit ton of work for random monsters. And it doesn't seem to upload compendium creatures properly

Edited 1508208653
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Mike said: Hey do you guys use the npc block often for your monsters? I feel like i'm doing a shit ton of work for random monsters. And it doesn't seem to upload compendium creatures properly Running with drag/drop random monsters might be risky.  I would recommend verifying parsed monster stats before playing.  You might be fine, but there may be some adjustments that need to be made. Using Scott C.'s  Pathfinder Companion Script is also handy and highly recommended. There is currently an issue(s) on the sheet with parsed monsters that have damage mods over "+9" being processed as negative values. Chris will probably have to figure this one out, but he's currently swamped with his day/night job.  Sadly it's not something I can figure out on my own due to my sheetworker/javascript ignorance. ;-(  Can you post some specifics to help us pinpoint the issue(s) Mike?  Thanks
I actually have a really minor request, but it's something that bugs me quite a lot... When you 'Parse' an NPC from the input section, it sets the PC roll setting to 'Whisper GM'. I have a monster template sheet that I create everything else from which has PC rolls set to public; I use it to roll most attacks and abilities publicly after the players have done a successful monster lore check. Would it be possible to make it so parsing an NPC doesn't change these settings? If there's a technical reason why it already does, don't worry about it. It's just a little annoying having to manually go in and change it every time I parse a new monster.
So question would there be any way to program in the spells/day to recognise the ∞ Symbol for spellcasting classes since most classes allow infinite use of level 0 spells?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I just enter "99".
Hi I'm new to pathfinder so i'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I believe the sicken condition is subtracting twice for all skill checks. Once for the skills stat and again for the macro so it's doing a -4 when I believe is should only be a -2.

Edited 1509295791
LL M.
Plus
I have some problems with Recalc button: 1) After hitting Recalc button Dmg of Ranged attacks is becoming 0. I need to change Mult to 0 and then back to 1 to solve this problem. It's kinda uncomfortable. After hitting Recalc: After changing Mult: With Melee attacks it works properly. 2) I have Spell Failure Check option On, but it don't appear at chat: If i create new spell, Spell Failure Check will work, but only before hitting Recalc button.
Does anyone have any suggestions for getting the character sheet to work with spheres of power?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Im working on the recalc affecting the damage mult now. I'll look at spell failure, that is new. Spheres of power: I think Simon here uses it. Most people use the Abilities list rather than the Spells tab.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Andrew R. said: Hi I'm new to pathfinder so i'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I believe the sicken condition is subtracting twice for all skill checks. Once for the skills stat and again for the macro so it's doing a -4 when I believe is should only be a -2. i you open the macro you can select all and delete it. it will reset it with the default, which does not include the sicken condition. you'd have to repeat this for each skill, unfortunately (or at least each skill macro you customized if you did). If you did not customize any it should have reset them all. I tried to automatically do this, but it was breaking user's customizations, even though when I tested with customizations it worked so.. 
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
LL M. said: I have some problems with Recalc button: ... I finally submitted an update for this bug this morning. So attacks should update correctly when you hit the recalc button. You should see this in a couple days, usually Wednesday. It will be version 1.697. I have been super busy with work this fall. so this is the first ive been able to look at the sheet in a couple months
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Skates said: I actually have a really minor request, but it's something that bugs me quite a lot... When you 'Parse' an NPC.... Would it be possible to make it so parsing an NPC doesn't change these settings? If there's a technical reason why it already does, don't worry about it. It's just a little annoying having to manually go in and change it every time I parse a new monster. yes we can do that. i think i set a few things by default but really shouldn't since the campaign setting screen is where a user should set defaults. i think i was just trying to help since most users still didn't even know about that screen.
Hey guys! Is there a way to do a virtual size increase as a buff? I have a character that will have access to both Enlarge Person and Lead Blades. The size buff works perfectly for Enlarge Person, but I don't see a way to increase just the damage dice one step. I could always have an extra attack with the damage dice increase baked in (or with the size dropdown set to 1 larger), but I'm just checking to see if I missed something obvious.

Edited 1509593937
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yes currently the damage dice is on a per attack basis, you could make 2 versions of each attack: one regular and one with the size bonus to the attack. Then when you enable the enlarge person buff both of the attacks would also go up another level of size. That's the only way to do it currently. otherwise we can add it to our suggestions.
chris b. said: yes currently the damage dice is on a per attack basis, you could make 2 versions of each attack: one regular and one with the size bonus to the attack. Then when you enable the enlarge person buff both of the attacks would also go up another level of size. That's the only way to do it currently. otherwise we can add it to our suggestions. I think it would be a good addition. Spells like Lead Blades, Gravity Bow or Strong Jaw are rather popular options.
Sam M. said: chris b. said: yes currently the damage dice is on a per attack basis, you could make 2 versions of each attack: one regular and one with the size bonus to the attack. Then when you enable the enlarge person buff both of the attacks would also go up another level of size. That's the only way to do it currently. otherwise we can add it to our suggestions. I think it would be a good addition. Spells like Lead Blades, Gravity Bow or Strong Jaw are rather popular options. You can already do this by changing the size in the Misc section of the attack. It doesn't (And I haven't tested thoroughly) seem to change your size, only the weapons.
Courtney R. said: Sam M. said: chris b. said: yes currently the damage dice is on a per attack basis, you could make 2 versions of each attack: one regular and one with the size bonus to the attack. Then when you enable the enlarge person buff both of the attacks would also go up another level of size. That's the only way to do it currently. otherwise we can add it to our suggestions. I think it would be a good addition. Spells like Lead Blades, Gravity Bow or Strong Jaw are rather popular options. You can already do this by changing the size in the Misc section of the attack. It doesn't (And I haven't tested thoroughly) seem to change your size, only the weapons. That definitely works, but it would be nice to have it as a buff so you can change it in one click for all your attacks.
Hi, Thanks for the hard work on the sheet, it is truly amazing. Since maybe 2 months, I have noticed the sheet got quite laggy as a GM whenever I edit a token. Also now, even my players will experience lag when they need to go into the sheet to roll something they don't have set as a macro. Anything I can do to help reducing the lag ?  Thanks!
Hitting buttons on the sheet while not using TTM is causing these black bars instead of text and it frightens me. The GM does use API so I suspect one might be having a really unfortunate reaction with the sheet, but I can't tell.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Ziechael said: A game's Creator is often able to fix issues with their Text Chat by clearing the Chat Archive (note: not clearing your current Chat Log ). A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the Creator clears it.
I noticed a few others mention they were experiencing lag when editing tokens or linking a sheet to a token. I'm encountering that often as well. Any thoughts on what I can do to resolve that? Thanks!
Hello guys, What about Starfinder Sheet? If it won't be seen in the nearest future, can I adapt your sheet for myself? Thanks in advance.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Alexander, There is currently a Simple Starfinder sheet that is available  from the drop down by Philip G . I am also working on  a more thorough one . It is currently in open Alpha for Pro users (as you have to be able to create a custom sheet to use it atm).
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Patrick said: I noticed a few others mention they were experiencing lag when editing tokens or linking a sheet to a token. I'm encountering that often as well. Any thoughts on what I can do to resolve that? Thanks! Other than following the normal precautions (IMO); check for browser extensions that may be causing problems.  ie Lastpass is known to make roll20 sheets run like cold molasses flowing uphill.  I'm sure there are others yet undiscovered.  Maybe try running with all extensions disabled. try running from both supported browsers.  FF and Chrome.  One may work better for your particular setup. you might try disabling or enabling the browser's hardware acceleration. limit the number of spells used on a spellcaster's sheet.  Drag/drop from the compendium as needed.  ie your most commonly used spells or your favorites.  Remove the ones you don't need. if you have an older character and have migrated to the newer abilities section(one repeating section with sub-tabs), make sure you delete the older abilities, feats, traits, racial traits, etc. after you verify they have been properly migrated.  Same goes for spells. try limiting the number of characters and npc's used in the game.  I'm not sure if archiving journals and handouts actually helps with this. Maybe have a another game that can be used as a staging area/bestiary. Use transmogrifier(paid perk) and/or character vault as needed prior to each game. limit the number of canvas-related elements.  ie number of tokens/images, size of said token's/images, dynamic lighting, 3d dice, etc. the number of live players might also have an effect on performance some API scripts could potentially affect a game's performance each person's computer setup (specs, free resources, running tasks, etc.) can have an affect on their performance.  Not sure if this would also affect others. I'm sure there are other things as well. The pf sheet will absolutely push roll20's limitations. The sheet is about 3 years old at this point and has undergone major changes of that time.  We've had to build on top of older code often undoing/re-writing existing code to work with new features or changes that roll20 releases.  I know Chris has made attempts at streamlining the sheet's code, but without completely making a new sheet... ;-(  Maybe others can give some suggestions on what has worked for them.  
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
the lag when linking a token is as fast as we can make it, there was something we did that made it horrible, but we undid that change, and now it's back to just being slow. I think part of it is probably that there are too many possible attributes.
On the subject of character sheet lag: I don't know if this is well-known yet or not, but I found that skills are another thing that slows down the sheet. For example, the fewer skills I put ranks into the faster the character sheet seems to load, though this is usually slight and hard to quantify. A very noticeable speed-up, however, happens when I disable "take 10/20" option for skills, especially for high-level or skill-heavy character sheets.