Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Dorian said: Yo, I have habitually avoided the in-house pathfinder character sheets because I'm old fashioned and prefer the straight up character sheet, which Mythweavers offers.  I also prefer to do my own math and only macro up certain complicated or extremely commonly used abilities.  Is there a way to skip past all the clutter and crap this thing has so I can just put stuff down on the standard sheet or something?  My new GM wants it all done in-house. Back in the dawn of time, we didn't have 'character sheets' as a part of our character journals.   Everyone used the 'Abilities and Attributes' (currently tab three in the journal), and wrote down whatever they felt was needed for that character.  Attributes are for things like HP and Strength and weapon damage (you can put dice rolls in an attribute) and Abilities is for character-specific macros, which can be then shown on your personal macro bar or as clickable buttons (token actions) that appear when you select the linked token.  Your GM may be interested in going without character sheets and using the raw approach instead.  :)

Edited 1498193782
Oh God, please help me, I have no idea what I'm doing. The players are at my door and I can hear them, calling for my blood. How do I even get their character sheets to work??? I may not have long, send help. Please, I may be dead within the hour.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Best to give us some specifics Matthew.  Lots of people here are more than willing to help a fellow Pathfinder out.

Edited 1498194888
I just need to know how to help them set up their character sheets, where do I download the sheet and where can they download the sheet. I was also wondering if you could tell me how to connect those sheets to the game.

Edited 1498238427
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The GM picks the sheet from the  game settings page , using the character sheet template selector(select the Pathfinder sheet). Add/create new character journal/sheets from the sidebar. Create one for each player. As players join your game(you can invite them or send them the join link url found in the chat when first opening your game) you can assign permission to see/edit a given sheet.  The PF sheet opens to the Settings page upon first opening a sheet. Check over the options and make any changes you think you may want.  I normally enable all the advanced features.  Player's should start editing their Pathfinder sheet on the Core page.  Just start with the characters details and work down.  Use your class description to help you work through the class grid.  Assign Skill ranks. Add items and equipment as needed and create attacks and assign armor and shield. If you have a spell caster enable/show the Spells tab using Settings|Sheet Configuration|Spells|Uses Spells. BTW; You can drag and drop from the Pathfinder compendium , such as spells, feats, and items.  You can even drag/drop monsters from the bestiary. Just keep working thru the sheet. Read through the  Pathfinder sheet guide  Ask more questions if you get stumped.
Thank you, so much, you have no idea how helpful this was.
I think this may have been mentioned before a week or two ago, but the modifiers to ranged damage from the Buffs section, while displaying accurately in the section above the Attack Notes, it is not displaying in any of the ranged attacks nor being included in the actual roll of the ranged attack.  I have re-calculated the sheet, closed it and opened it a few times, and even exited the game and went back in to see if that the calculations in the sheets go through, none of which did the trick. Just thought I let you guys know.  ;) CB
I usually change the macro text of most things in the PC side of the sheets that can be called from the Abilities menu to include /w gm  at the beginning for most of the npcs and monsters because I don't need players to see that kind of information (I prefer using the PC side instead of the Monster/NPC side because I like keeping things separate in their respective areas, like feats, class abilities, racial traits, and so forth.  I am kind of anally-retentive about that). However, despite the inclusion of the /w gm  in the macro text, the actual roll is now displaying them as visible to everyone.  This wasn't an issue the other night.  Did a bug creep in somewhere? CB
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
CB said: I think this may have been mentioned before a week or two ago, but the modifiers to ranged damage from the Buffs section, while displaying accurately in the section above the Attack Notes, it is not displaying in any of the ranged attacks nor being included in the actual roll of the ranged attack.  I have re-calculated the sheet, closed it and opened it a few times, and even exited the game and went back in to see if that the calculations in the sheets go through, none of which did the trick. Just thought I let you guys know.  ;) CB Not sure CB.  We included fixes for this in the last 2 sheet updates...  Does it happen on a new attack as well?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
CB said: I usually change the macro text of most things in the PC side of the sheets that can be called from the Abilities menu to include /w gm  at the beginning for most of the npcs and monsters because I don't need players to see that kind of information (I prefer using the PC side instead of the Monster/NPC side because I like keeping things separate in their respective areas, like feats, class abilities, racial traits, and so forth.  I am kind of anally-retentive about that). However, despite the inclusion of the /w gm  in the macro text, the actual roll is now displaying them as visible to everyone.  This wasn't an issue the other night.  Did a bug creep in somewhere? CB What settings are you using for whispers?  Like you, I often use the PC section of the sheet regardless of if the sheet is an npc or not.  As a GM, |I normally set NPC and PC to whisper on the Settings|Sheet Configuration|Roll configuration.  Most macro's on the sheet include either @{PC-whisper} for PC rolls, or @{NPC-whisper} for npc/monster rolls.  Are you removing those attributes from the macro-text when you are manually adding "/w gm"?  I believe only the last chat command "/foo" is the one that gets executed.  So if you add "/w gm" at the beginning of the macro, but then there is @{NPC-whisper} with a different value, it will ignore your "/w ..." command.
Vince said: CB said: I think this may have been mentioned before a week or two ago, but the modifiers to ranged damage from the Buffs section, while displaying accurately in the section above the Attack Notes, it is not displaying in any of the ranged attacks nor being included in the actual roll of the ranged attack.  I have re-calculated the sheet, closed it and opened it a few times, and even exited the game and went back in to see if that the calculations in the sheets go through, none of which did the trick. Just thought I let you guys know.  ;) CB Not sure CB.  We included fixes for this in the last 2 sheet updates...  Does it happen on a new attack as well? O.k., it is working now after I changed the Dmg Ability  of the ranged attack (from none) to something else and back again to none (because it is a crossbow attack).  Not sure why that worked while recalculate did not.  It is clearly strange but hey, whatever works, right? CB
Vince said: CB said: I usually change the macro text of most things in the PC side of the sheets that can be called from the Abilities menu to include /w gm  at the beginning for most of the npcs and monsters because I don't need players to see that kind of information (I prefer using the PC side instead of the Monster/NPC side because I like keeping things separate in their respective areas, like feats, class abilities, racial traits, and so forth.  I am kind of anally-retentive about that). However, despite the inclusion of the /w gm  in the macro text, the actual roll is now displaying them as visible to everyone.  This wasn't an issue the other night.  Did a bug creep in somewhere? CB What settings are you using for whispers?  Like you, I often use the PC section of the sheet regardless of if the sheet is an npc or not.  As a GM, |I normally set NPC and PC to whisper on the Settings|Sheet Configuration|Roll configuration.  Most macro's on the sheet include either @{PC-whisper} for PC rolls, or @{NPC-whisper} for npc/monster rolls.  Are you removing those attributes from the macro-text when you are manually adding "/w gm"?  I believe only the last chat command "/foo" is the one that gets executed.  So if you add "/w gm" at the beginning of the macro, but then there is @{NPC-whisper} with a different value, it will ignore your "/w ..." command. I leave the NPC and PC whisper sections alone on the Settings|Sheet Configuration|Roll configuration (so they are set to whatever is the default there).  I do remove the @{PC-whisper} and the {NPC-whisper} attributes from the beginning of the macro text if I am adding the "/w gm" command (I had figured beforehand that it may not work as I wanted if I left the @{PC-whisper} or {NPC-whisper} attributes in place). CB
A few months ago there was this post <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4735667/pf-pathf" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4735667/pf-pathf</a>... Which was to do with adding extra damage to rolls. Whilst this approach of adding extra rolls to the end of a macro with {{text=+[[rolls]]}} does work, it is &nbsp;really only of use when you get 1 attack/round, since these extra rolls are done after all the attacks. Is there a tidy way of adding multiple extra damage rolls to the output from the "Extra Non-Crit Dmg" and "Extra Crit Dmg" boxes? This just looks messy and hard to read: Is there anyway of inserting a linebreaks after each entry so that they appear in a column? &lt;br&gt; is just removed, &lt;br&gt; just displays that text. Is there a better way of handling this? I did read earlier comments about having popup checkboxes, but having to select 4+ of those every time you roll the dice, and well, that sounds as though it would just be very annoying, especially as the number of additional rolls increases.
So I feel like I'm probably missing something, and while i"m sure this has been asked before i"m not having luck finding it. I'm also very new to roll20 so be patient with me please.&nbsp; I have a player who's making a human fighter. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to have the sheet automatically detect race as human and add extra skill points/level because of race. Or, if not, where I need to go and what I need to type to add skill points/level based on race... I'm also rather confused about race stuff in general... do I really have to add all race features manually per character or am I really missing something?&nbsp;
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
@Martin those fields are multiline, the way I do it is to just put each thing on a new line. @Cat i would have him just increase his skills per level in the class section by 1. Yes, you must enter racials in manually, there's just too many to have preloaded into the sheet.this is. True of most things.
I was really hoping at least the core races were included but I'll make do I suppose. Thank you for the quick response though!
Scott C. said: @Cat i would have him just increase his skills per level in the class section by 1. You can also put @{level} in the Extra Ranks field at the top of the Skills tab. That way you don't have to remember to add the extra rank if he ever decides to pick up a second class.
Suggestion/Feature request: Under Spells —&gt; Spellcasting class and level: It'd be nice to have a formula field for characters who have Prestige classes that add spellcasting levels to an existing class. Under Defenses —&gt; Defense Values: It'd be nice to have the Dodge and Natural fields be formula fields for characters who have a class which grants regular increases to these AC bonus types (Duelist, Kensai Magus, Dragon Disciple, etc.). &nbsp;It'd probably make sense to make the Misc field one as well.
Scott C. said: @Martin those fields are multiline, the way I do it is to just put each thing on a new line. Oh my! I never tried just pressing 'Enter' at the end of each entry - that works perfectly. Thank you!
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Martin said: Scott C. said: @Martin those fields are multiline, the way I do it is to just put each thing on a new line. Oh my! I never tried just pressing 'Enter' at the end of each entry - that works perfectly. Thank you! even i never tried that. that is pretty neat.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Cat H. said: I was really hoping at least the core races were included but I'll make do I suppose. Thank you for the quick response though! there is always a tradeoff, the easier we make it for certain things, the harder it is for GMs to implement house rules, which pretty much everyone has. Which is why there are so many of those macro fields. speaking of which Under Spells —&gt; Spellcasting class and level: It'd be nice to have a formula field for characters who have Prestige classes that add spellcasting levels to an existing class. Under Defenses —&gt; Defense Values: It'd be nice to have the Dodge and Natural fields be formula fields for characters who have a class which grants regular increases to these AC bonus types (Duelist, Kensai Magus, Dragon Disciple, etc.). It'd probably make sense to make the Misc field one as well. I will add those, the first is already on the list of ones we want to add. i'll try to get them in our next big release which is in beta now. (note, in beta, you can use the buffs for formulas to dodge and natural, since finally we have bonus types and stacking)

Edited 1498592816
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Myself and other players in our game, hit the Recalc button and it never stops like it use to. I tried it with a new character uploaded from HL and an existing character that I haven't made any changes to, yet the Recalculating never stops. I tried this in another game and it works fine so I take it there must be some problem with our game - is there anything we can do to fix this? Slight correction. It appears that I am the only one experiencing this issue and only in the one game - so strange. Ok one last update. I deleted the new character and now it works fine. So very strange.

Edited 1498593749
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
there might have been something it got caught up on. If it happens again export the char and import into our beta campaign and let us know and we can take a look. though.. it was not working on any character in that campaign? And after deleting one, it started working again? Is that right?
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Chris I deleted the character that I had uploaded. Now my other oen works fine. I did a reimport and problem came back. Iwill have a friend try it, maybe it is just me.
So I'm still working my way through character creation and adding racial traits to all my players' characters. half-elves get the bonus feat Skill Focus, which doesn't appear to be in the feat list. Am I missing it? If not is there a way it could be added?&nbsp; I'll create it manually for now if necessary.&nbsp;
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You mean in the compendium? the compendium is Roll20's so ,...we have no control over it.

Edited 1498659318
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Version 1.58 submitted This fixes a small bug we found: if you go up or down multiple sizes, and cross the Small-Medium threshold, the new damage dice do not calculate correctly. It only happens if the difference between default and current size is 2 or more. I only found it cause of one of my players made a gnome that goes from Small to Large when raging. :) New Beta version testing needed Some changes are coming once we are finalized. We'd like a few weeks of people really hitting it hard before releasing it. Big change: all dropdown values changing from "@{STR-mod}" to "STR-mod" i.e. the "@{" and "}" are being removed. These were necessary when the sheet used autocalc to keep everything up to date. But with the addition of the API Companion, we were facing infinite loops. We had to remove these. There was a small speed cost (when updating one of the 6 abilities, it will take a little longer to propagate throughout the sheet) but was necessary. This would affect anyone who wrote a macro that uses looks at one of the dropdowns (instead of the final modifier, like if you used INIT-ability instead of just INIT) For most dropdowns you can add a "-mod" to the end of the attribute name to get the number if you need it. The bonus to this is : you can now look at the attack type dropdown in an attack, and determine if it is melee, ranged, or cmb. Since before it would only return a number. Some people had requested this. Improvements: New buffs include: bonus type and stacking, notes added to rolls when buff active. You must enable the new buffs from the settings page. Otherwise old buffs remain active. Some easier buffs are there now like "attack" instead of having to create melee,ranged,cmb. (also a merge button created to copy old buffs to new, so you should not have to redo them. ) Buff and Template dropdowns : easily apply common buff spells or class abilities (rage, bless, etc) or Simple Templates API Companion : Scott C. wrote an awesome&nbsp; API companion . Including create a token ability for each menu, group initiative, naming, statblock parsing, and&nbsp; a help doc . More colors Skill grid redone to improve speed and reduce clutter. Code changes to try to improve speed. beta campaign: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/801350/pa" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/801350/pa</a>... sheet files for pro users to test:&nbsp; <a href="https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20</a>
This fixes a small bug we found: if you go up or down multiple sizes, and cross the Small-Medium threshold, the new damage dice do not calculate correctly. Does this mean damage dice on a weapon should change automatically if size changes? If so, how do we use this - I have an Enlarge Person buff, which adds 1 to size, but the damage dice of my weapon dont change from 2d6 to 3d6.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
On the settings page is an option to increase damage dice with size
Hmm, that doesnt seem to be updating the dice numbers on the attacks.&nbsp;
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Also, make sure you have the use size checkbox checked on the weapon once the setting is enabled (this is hidden when the setting is disabled)
Ah thank you. Hadnt seen (for obvious reasons!) that checkbox - loving these sheets more and more!
I may have found a possible bug in 1.58 We added the feat Weapon Finesse manually to our rogue of the group. Now there's a drop-down arrow below melee on -all- character sheets with the option of using the dex modifier instead of strength, even though our rogue is the only one with the feat.&nbsp;
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Cat H. said: I may have found a possible bug in 1.58 We added the feat Weapon Finesse manually to our rogue of the group. Now there's a drop-down arrow below melee on -all- character sheets with the option of using the dex modifier instead of strength, even though our rogue is the only one with the feat.&nbsp; That's actually there on all characters by default, even if you don't add the Weapon Finesse feat...

Edited 1498823683
James W. said: Cat H. said: I may have found a possible bug in 1.58 We added the feat Weapon Finesse manually to our rogue of the group. Now there's a drop-down arrow below melee on -all- character sheets with the option of using the dex modifier instead of strength, even though our rogue is the only one with the feat.&nbsp; That's actually there on all characters by default, even if you don't add the Weapon Finesse feat... Ah no I may have been misunderstood. Under attack type there's a little arrow under and to the left of Melee. Hitting it shows Melee2, which has Dex selected for ability, and has Weapon Finesse in the description. And we've confirmed multiple times that said feat has only been added to our rogue.&nbsp; <a href="http://imgur.com/a/YpkQD" rel="nofollow">http://imgur.com/a/YpkQD</a> Image was taken on a Ranger who does not have the Weapon Finesse feat.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
As James has mentioned, the Alt Melee is included by default. &nbsp;You ave the option to actually apply it on an attack (attack type selector). &nbsp;The descriptive text is their by default as well. &nbsp;Weapon Finesse is probably the most common usage, so that was the example that we used. &nbsp;You also can toggle Alt Ranged and Alt CMB from setings if needed. &nbsp;Again, it only gets applied if you select it on an attack. &nbsp;Cheers&nbsp;
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I suppose we could make the alt melee work the same way as the other two alternate ones.&nbsp; i think i just did it that way since weapon finesse is so common
That makes way more sense. I was mostly just confused as to why I hadn't noticed it until now that it was on all the character sheets instead of just the one. Thanks guys.&nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Cat H. said: That makes way more sense. I was mostly just confused as to why I hadn't noticed it until now that it was on all the character sheets instead of just the one. Thanks guys.&nbsp; The Pathfinder sheet can be like walking into Absalom for the first time. &nbsp;;-) &nbsp;Have fun.
Vince said: Cat H. said: That makes way more sense. I was mostly just confused as to why I hadn't noticed it until now that it was on all the character sheets instead of just the one. Thanks guys.&nbsp; The Pathfinder sheet can be like walking into Absalom for the first time. &nbsp;;-) &nbsp;Have fun. I've noticed that xD I'm fairly familiar with Pathfinder itself but this is a whole different beast for sure.&nbsp;
Hey guys, I have joined a new pathfinder campaign and while setting up my sheet I looked at the sheet i already have and I noticed that in the old sheet my armor penalty isn't implemented in the skills collumm and the armor penalties. See here: &nbsp; With the new one it works just fine See here: Is there any option to get my old sheet straight again or do I have to set up a completely new one? Btw I don't remember the old one working at any time with the armor penalties so I don't know if it is a problem with "that" sheet in general. Sincerely Krii3g3r
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You can try "re-setting" (or even recreating) your studded leather armor from the Equip|Armor|Armor Attributes|Set Armor. &nbsp;ACP for skills keys off of the total ACP shown in the Armor Penalties sub-section on the defenses page. &nbsp;Toggle armor on/off and a sheet recalc are other things to try. &nbsp;Let us know if that works. &nbsp;Thanks &nbsp;
Vince said: You can try "re-setting" (or even recreating) your studded leather armor from the Equip|Armor|Armor Attributes|Set Armor. &nbsp;ACP for skills keys off of the total ACP shown in the Armor Penalties sub-section on the defenses page. &nbsp;Toggle armor on/off and a sheet recalc are other things to try. &nbsp;Let us know if that works. &nbsp;Thanks &nbsp; That had no effect. I even tried setting a new armor without the journal, but nothing changed. For me it seems like the connection from the "Armor and Shield" section isn't properly connected to "Armor Penalties". Can i fix this in the "Attributes and Abilities" Tab with some changes?

Edited 1498917588
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
How did you try "...setting a new armor without the journal,"? &nbsp;If you add a new piece of armor from equipment with an ACP, does it show up in your armor entry correctly? &nbsp;Does the total ACP in the armor penalties section ever change by toggling armor and or shield with ACP? &nbsp;Not sure if you can edit or delete the total ACP from the attributes tab. Repeating attributes and I think some of the sheet worker values do not show up on the attributes list. &nbsp;Hover over or use inspect element to learn the total ACP attribute name (sorry, I'm on my cell) and check the attributes tab.
1. I meant setting a new armor without the drag-n-drop from the roll20 journal, but rather filling all the fields in manually. 2. Yeah it shows up correctly, but... 3. it never changes with toggling any armor or shield. But the attack penaltie changes with the shield toggled on (Spell Failure is correct at all times) 4. The ACP Element in the&nbsp;"Armor and Shield" section is called @{armor3-acp}, whilst the ACP Element in the&nbsp;"Armor Penalties" section is just called&nbsp;@{acp}. I can change the value manually but it won't update automatically and if I press Re-calc it resets to this: I have no idea where the constsnt 99 max dex and 0 acp have their origin. In the new sheet (other game) it updates corespondantly. &nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@{acp} value is being handled by sheet workers, as soon as the sheet does a calc that involves acp it will override your manually edited value... &nbsp;You can try deleting @{acp} from the attributes tab. &nbsp;Close/reopen the sheet and toggle the armor to recreate @{acp} I'm not really sure what to try next. Chris or Scott may have a thought. You might use the character vault to import your character into our beta game(link is at the top of thread) and we can have a go at trying to find the problem.
chris b. said: beta campaign: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/801350/pa" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/801350/pa</a>... sheet files for pro users to test:&nbsp; <a href="https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20</a> Would love to import it to the beta campaign because that didn't help either, but unfortunately is the link not working.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hmmm. Try a direct join link:<a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w</a>
Vince said: Hmmm. Try a direct join link: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w</a> Worked just fine character is called Aramil Liadon.

Edited 1498942680
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Krii3g3r said: Vince said: Hmmm. Try a direct join link: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w</a> Worked just fine character is called Aramil Liadon. Just as you left the beta game... I noticed that Settings|Sheet Configuration|Encumbrance was set to "Ignore" &nbsp;once I set it "Armor, Shield, and Load" (or anything but Ignore) ACP works. I should have thought of this earlier... &nbsp;You may have to recalc the sheet or toggle the str and dex skills to get the acp penalty on Skills.&nbsp;