Advertisement Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

Hiya folks. First time posting, glad to meet you all. Thanks for all the work you do on this sheet! Sorry for deleted post above, I misunderstood something and thought it was a bug. Nothing to see here!
1503271020
Vince
Pro
Sheet Author
welcome to the show Ben.  Cheers
1503271234

Edited 1503271308
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It is 3 because you already have 1 from your armor, so it only displays 3 for the buff I attempt to explain it here: :&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet</a>... However: yes if the armor is not worn then it should not be using it..&nbsp; we'll work on that The dodge doubling was an issue but I thought I fixed it. It still happens even after hitting recalc at the top left?
chris b. said: It is 3 because you already have 1 from your armor, so it only displays 3 for the buff I attempt to explain it here: :&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet</a>... However: yes if the armor is not worn then it should not be using it..&nbsp; we'll work on that The dodge doubling was an issue but I thought I fixed it. It still happens even after hitting recalc at the top left? I might be wrong, but I always thought that if you used Mage armor it was supposed to compare to the overall Armor granted by the armor and use the higher. Which, in the case a +1 Haramaki (2 Armor bonus) would make it so you only gain +2 armor from the Mage Armor. Similar to wearing Armor and Bracers of Armor. Again, might be wrong, but that's how I've seen everyone rule it so far.
1503276597

Edited 1503278431
Vince
Pro
Sheet Author
Haramaki is +1 armor bonus with a +1 enhancement bonus, Mage Armor is +4 armor bonus.&nbsp; &nbsp;Instead of showing AC 1 and a buff for mage armor of 4.&nbsp; The buff for Mage armor only shows +3 due to the stacking on armor bonus (AC). Why?... Chris will need to explain the pitfalls of stacking on the sheet (<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet#Stacking_and_Buffs" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet#Stacking_and_Buffs</a>) Stacking with sheet fields : Some bonus types are already on the sheet. The Buffs will take the max value of these, and only the remainder will be printed at the top . e.g. if you have a 2 in STR-enh, and you apply a 4 Enhancement bonus to Strength in the buffs, the buff_STR-total field will only show a 2. This is so the sheet can add the 2 fields together to get 4, which is the max of the 2 on the sheet and the 4 in the buff rows. , but I believe the total (armor bonus + buff to armor bonus + enhancement) being applied to AC is correct. I might be wrong as well.&nbsp; ;-P
1503279094
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It only looks at the armor bonus. It ignores the enhancement to armor bonus. Hmm. if mage armor should ignore the total armor completely then .. ugh. that would have to be an exception I'd have to figure out.&nbsp; If that is true then for now you could change it to 4-@{armor3-enhance}
I think my reasoning for that is that the Enhancement is to the Armor and that if you aren't using the armor, but the Mage Armor then you don't get the rest of the armor, but that's something specifically called out in Bracers of Armor. Closest thing I found. Which describes the Enhancement bonus as an Enhancement bonus to the Armor Bonus from the armor. Meaning that when Mage Armor comes into effect, it checks your armor bonus (Which in this case is the base bonus and the Enhancement amount on it). But it doesn't seem like it is a heavily asked question. So I asked it here.
1503282736
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
ok that makes some sense. I was thinking about the Necklace of Natural Armor, which adds an enhancement bonus to your natural armor. But i guess you are always "wearing" your natural armor.&nbsp; so i guess buff_armor-total and buff_ac-total should be added before comparing to armor3-acbonus and armor3-enhance. And same for shield. ugh i'll have to make some exception for them. I never saw a player wear armor AND mage armor before,
Sorry for making life more difficult! As for actual rules text, thanks to Bob Bob Bob and Jeraa, I got pointed to this: Which can be found on this page of the PRD.
1503283205
Vince
Pro
Sheet Author
Courtney R. said: Sorry for making life more difficult! As for actual rules text, thanks to Bob Bob Bob and Jeraa, I got pointed to this: Which can be found on this page of the PRD. Thank you.&nbsp; You have to be a damn lawyer to catch all these nuances.
Vince said: Courtney R. said: Sorry for making life more difficult! As for actual rules text, thanks to Bob Bob Bob and Jeraa, I got pointed to this: Which can be found on this page of the PRD. Thank you.&nbsp; You have to be a damn lawyer to catch all these nuances. Trust me, I know. Like when that came up I was like "I thought it worked this way" but then I was like "I don't know anything to prove that." What's annoying is the fact that is in Combat and not on say... Armor Enhancements page. But then again, I run a wiki and know that it's often impossible to make the knowledge relevant in every location on it.
1503329358

Edited 1503329983
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It will be in next week's build hopefully. Of course then we have to wonder: if someone is wearing leather armor +5, and has mage armor cast on him, does the AC actually drop because 4&gt;1? Or just compare the total and 6&gt;4 so mage armor does nothing? I figure I'll just compare the total, &nbsp;(though i guess you'd still get armor 4 vs incorporeal attacks) which would mean .. we could add another entry! : AC, Touch, Flat Footed, vs Incorporeal! &nbsp;:) 1.69 For today's build we fixed a bunch of issues with roll templates regarding spell output.&nbsp; Unchained Barbarian rage now correctly "untyped" bonuses Also a new Settings page feature allows you to apply your font choice to the roll templates by checking " Apply font to chat roll " next to the font dropdown. Added "hide_announcements" checkbox to campaign settings, so GMs can globally hide announcements (so you don't have to keep closing them on monsters) by goto the campaign settings page. check Hide Announcements&nbsp; then open up campaign &nbsp; go to settings ,&nbsp; scroll down to Experimental,&nbsp; hit "apply default settings".&nbsp; Click on "hide announcements" and hit button. Plus deleted more old crap that wasn't working. added note to announcements for non forum users about the API based Pathfinder Companion's release to the Script Library
1503355366
Magik
Sheet Author
I used the Merge button for "Use separate class features list". It ran fine, but didn't auto-populate the Source Name field based on the Source. I have to toggle the Source to get it to populate. That takes a while with higher level characters with many entries. Sheet v1.68. Might be related to my sheet not finishing recalc. I'll check over the spells as Vince PM'd me about. Thanks, Magik
1503357608

Edited 1503360330
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
looks like it is not resetting the source name on recalc (or on the copy). i will add that in. (it was such a tiny fix i added it to 1.69, i detected no bugs and recalc and merge work, so... hopefully there are no undetected bugs) that one caster (churl? something like that ) was fixed by the beta 1.69 I think so he should work once it goes live. (edit: the fix for armor buff is a big one )
1503374672

Edited 1503410527
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
these are the armor/shield/natural stacking rules I'm implementing: if armor is not worn, then don't count the armor on the defense tab (technically a bugfix) if armor buff is &gt;0 then add up armor and enhance armor buff, compare to sum of &nbsp;both armor and enhance worn on defense, take the greater. (this way Mage Armor does not allow the enhance for worn armor to be added, as discussed above) if enhance to armor buff only &nbsp;(no armor buff) then compare to armor3-enhance on defense tab and take greater (this is so Magic Vestment works) For all above same but for shield natural bonus: no change hope the above is right cause that's what I put in the pull request :) it was easier than I thought. so this should be in the new 1.69 this week
1503379457

Edited 1503382047
I'm having issues with my character sheet for spells, where it will post the spell to the chat, but not the description of it. For some reason it works for other players, but not mine. I'm really not sure why I've been trying to figure it out. EDIT: I apologize. I started thinking about this being a programming issue so had a friend make a macro by drag/dropping from the compendium the same spell for me and compared the macro's code from each to find the issue and fixed it. Sorry for taking up your time/a forum post
1503382023
Vince
Pro
Sheet Author
Nick H. said: I'm having issues with my character sheet for spells, where it will post the spell to the chat, but not the description of it. For some reason it works for other players, but not mine. I'm really not sure why I've been trying to figure it out. Make sure that you have Description checked from Spell Options
So I'm having a weird bug that probably isn't character sheet related. I haven't played in a couple months and it worked before, since the sheets been updated maybe it is? Not sure. So I have a line of fx as the first line of a lot of my macros. Like a blood splatter on the target when they attack or whatever. It still works for my characters spells, but now this happens for all of my characters other attacks: If I copy and paste the line it shows it does the effect on the right token. So I'm guessing it is something about Roll20 not recognizing the / or something. Has this happened to anyone before?
1503452375
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The sheet has whisper states that are plugged into the start of macros as attributes now. Essentially your macro that was this: /fx bubbling-blood -KsBFALwNabOkTWkikrW &{template:... became this: @{whisper}&nbsp;/fx bubbling-blood -KsBFALwNabOkTWkikrW &{template:... Just go in and swap the order of the fx command and the whisper attribute for your macros.
1503456144
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
you cant switch the whisper, but if you copy the /fx to the end, put a return char between them, that might work
1503456190
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
chris b. said: you cant switch the whisper, but if you copy the /fx to the end, put a return char between them, that might work oh, that's right, forgot, it's appended as part of the roll, not in the macro text.
1503498125

Edited 1503499739
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
i guess that's why we had the whisper in the macro, and i went and moved them all into the buttons.. now.. ugh .
Hey guys. Don't know if it has been brought up yet, but just tried using the new kineticist create an attack to test it out, especially since I was having trouble making a macro for it on my own. The attack roll macro it makes works great, but the damage roll macro seems to be having trouble. Rather than properly rolling the damage, it just outputs the damage bonus instead. Is this a known issue? I can provide more details and screen shots if you need them.
1503513276

Edited 1503514112
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Oh: make sure to hit "create macros" first then hit "create attack" that is probably the problem. I added some instructions here <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet</a>... maybe i should remove the create macros step.. this is the damage macro for physical which looks correct: [[ [[ floor((@{kineticist_level-mod}+1)/2) ]]d6+ [[ floor((@{kineticist_level-mod}+1)/2) ]] + @{kineticist_ability-mod}+@{kineticblast_dmg-mod}+@{buff_dmg_kineticblast-total} ]] here is what i get:
Thanks, moving them to the end worked.
1503550500

Edited 1503550699
Vince said: There's a Trait column on the Skills page. &nbsp;Will that work, or are you wanting to add a query? ie ?{Mod?|0} My apologies for the late response. I want to be able to add in an ability and have the trait section of the skills to query and pull those values, so if the value increases in the future (or reduces, for whatever reason) the skill automatically updates. I'd also like to add a query and an action. After using my attack, it reduces my ammo count by 1, for example. I figure between one or two of these, I can then figure out the macros a little better. Right now, they are greek to me.
1503553727

Edited 1503553817
Vince
Pro
Sheet Author
The sheet is setup to automatically adjust as other attributes change. In regards to skills specifically; all the attributes included in a skill's row are used to auto-calculate that skill.&nbsp; The skill total will change as other attributes change, ie ability changes, armor check penalty, size, buffs, conditions, etc.&nbsp; If I'm understanding you correctly, the sheet already does what you are asking for... To automatically change your ammo, you'll need to use an API script (Pro level perk) such as the awesome&nbsp; Pathfinder Companion Script .
1503622258

Edited 1503622338
chris b. said: Oh: make sure to hit "create macros" first then hit "create attack" that is probably the problem. I added some instructions here <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet</a>... maybe i should remove the create macros step.. this is the damage macro for physical which looks correct: [[ [[ floor((@{kineticist_level-mod}+1)/2) ]]d6+ [[ floor((@{kineticist_level-mod}+1)/2) ]] + @{kineticist_ability-mod}+@{kineticblast_dmg-mod}+@{buff_dmg_kineticblast-total} ]] here is what i get: Ok, so I followed all of that, and I am still getting it so that it is not rolling the damage dice, just totalling the bonuses. I dont know why, since it looks exactly the same as what you have just posed here. Also I just realized that it might be doubling one of the mods added to the "to hit" roll, possibly adding in the "total buff" line? And it also seems to not be calculating out the DC in the attack roll, just realized that.
Johnathan A. said: chris b. said: Oh: make sure to hit "create macros" first then hit "create attack" that is probably the problem. I added some instructions here <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet</a>... maybe i should remove the create macros step.. this is the damage macro for physical which looks correct: [[ [[ floor((@{kineticist_level-mod}+1)/2) ]]d6+ [[ floor((@{kineticist_level-mod}+1)/2) ]] + @{kineticist_ability-mod}+@{kineticblast_dmg-mod}+@{buff_dmg_kineticblast-total} ]] here is what i get: Ok, so I followed all of that, and I am still getting it so that it is not rolling the damage dice, just totalling the bonuses. I dont know why, since it looks exactly the same as what you have just posed here. Also I just realized that it might be doubling one of the mods added to the "to hit" roll, possibly adding in the "total buff" line? And it also seems to not be calculating out the DC in the attack roll, just realized that. Ok, figured it out. When the character sheet updated, it reset the character levels, so that's why everything was registering as zero, sorry about the confusion.
My character sheet, which was created and imported/updated from Hero Lab several versions ago, is running very slow. I'd like to purge the information from the current sheet, then re-import a clean update from Hero Lab. Is that possible?
1503638126
Vince
Pro
Sheet Author
James S. said: My character sheet, which was created and imported/updated from Hero Lab several versions ago, is running very slow. I'd like to purge the information from the current sheet, then re-import a clean update from Hero Lab. Is that possible? I think you would have to delete the old character and try again with a new sheet and do the HL import again.
1503706960

Edited 1503713695
Hopefully this didn't already get asked, but I used the merge option for all of the abilities tab on some older characters recently to get them on the latest stuff.&nbsp; This worked fine, but the menu for abilities wasn't updated after I did this.&nbsp; It just shows "None Available" when I try displaying it. EDIT:&nbsp; Upon further inspection it also does this with the items macro.
1503713956
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
you have to check "show in menu" for each item you want to appear in the menu. If it looks checked, try unchecking and re-checking them. For some reason the system thinks the default is checked. but toggling it once fixes it.&nbsp;
1503714976
Well I feel like an idiot &gt;.&lt;&nbsp; Thanks for the tip (they weren't checked, I just ignored the box when my brain told me that I didn't know what it did).
1503715650

Edited 1503716907
I can't seem to find Favoured Class HP anymore on the sheet. Can someone point it out to me? It's still calculating it correctly, I just need to change it. EDIT: Solved. Just discovered compact mode. I feel silly. :)
1503734085
I am having an issue where my saving throw bonuses have an extra +1. For instance my Ref is showing as +8. I have +4 from DEX and +3 from other stuff which I have entered in under my class (+2 at level 1 Rogue and +1 from a halfling Racial. So I should have a +7. Any idea what is causing this?
Joseph T. said: I am having an issue where my saving throw bonuses have an extra +1. For instance my Ref is showing as +8. I have +4 from DEX and +3 from other stuff which I have entered in under my class (+2 at level 1 Rogue and +1 from a halfling Racial. So I should have a +7. Any idea what is causing this? Hey Joseph, try checking the "Show More" box that should be just above the black line in the image.
1503750395

Edited 1503753804
Courtney R. said: Joseph T. said: I am having an issue where my saving throw bonuses have an extra +1. For instance my Ref is showing as +8. I have +4 from DEX and +3 from other stuff which I have entered in under my class (+2 at level 1 Rogue and +1 from a halfling Racial. So I should have a +7. Any idea what is causing this? Hey Joseph, try checking the "Show More" box that should be just above the black line in the image. Thanks Courtney but unfortunately the trait and misc fields which were hidden by that checkbox are also set to 0. As a trouble shooting step I adjust my DEX and class modifiers so they would give 0 bonus. Ref still shout +1 though. It shows 1 total = 0 base + 0 DEX. All other fields also 0. Any other ideas? That 1 is coming from somewhere. Thanks! EDIT: I was looking at the wiki and it shows that there should be an "ENH" field under saving throws. I don't have that. Could this be my issue? Why can't I see that field?
1503761544
Joseph T. said: Courtney R. said: Joseph T. said: I am having an issue where my saving throw bonuses have an extra +1. For instance my Ref is showing as +8. I have +4 from DEX and +3 from other stuff which I have entered in under my class (+2 at level 1 Rogue and +1 from a halfling Racial. So I should have a +7. Any idea what is causing this? Hey Joseph, try checking the "Show More" box that should be just above the black line in the image. Thanks Courtney but unfortunately the trait and misc fields which were hidden by that checkbox are also set to 0. As a trouble shooting step I adjust my DEX and class modifiers so they would give 0 bonus. Ref still shout +1 though. It shows 1 total = 0 base + 0 DEX. All other fields also 0. Any other ideas? That 1 is coming from somewhere. Thanks! EDIT: I was looking at the wiki and it shows that there should be an "ENH" field under saving throws. I don't have that. Could this be my issue? Why can't I see that field? I figured something out. I found 3 attributes called Fort-enhance, Ref-enhance, and Will-enhance. They were set to 1. I changed them to 0 and that resolved my issue. However on the character sheet under the saves the column for these save enhance numbers do not show (see previous screenshot). Could this be a bug?
1503774603
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
hmm i removed those fields ,Removed them cause it was supposed to be resist not enhance. i should add them back in the settings so you can find them, or &nbsp;copy the values over. we'll put something in to handle them.
1503782907

Edited 1503783540
chris b. said: hmm i removed those fields ,Removed them cause it was supposed to be resist not enhance. i should add them back in the settings so you can find them, or &nbsp;copy the values over. we'll put something in to handle them. Cool. Thanks. Like I said, the attributes are still there. I wonder if it's because I was using the legacy sheet and switched to the new sheet and something carried over weird. I don't have the issue with a new character sheet, just my existing one. Is there something that maps the legacy sheet fields to the new sheet fields? An adjustment there may be all that is needed.
1503787490
Vince
Pro
Sheet Author
Anytime you change sheets on an existing character you may experience issues.&nbsp; Old attributes and their respective values may not be used the same way in regards to calculations on another sheet.&nbsp; Also, there will be many deprecated or orphanded attributes that are not even used on a different sheet.&nbsp; I would suggest re-doing the character(s) using the new sheet.&nbsp;
1503797880
Vince said: Anytime you change sheets on an existing character you may experience issues.&nbsp; Old attributes and their respective values may not be used the same way in regards to calculations on another sheet.&nbsp; Also, there will be many deprecated or orphanded attributes that are not even used on a different sheet.&nbsp; I would suggest re-doing the character(s) using the new sheet.&nbsp; Thanks Vince. It seems all good now though. That was the only thing I found that didn't translate right. I did have to edit a few things like my abilities and skills but in the end it turned out great!
1503851130

Edited 1503851163
...am I missing something, or is there no way to edit ability scores (Str/Dex/Con/Int/Wis/Cha) on the sheet directly now? Fresh sheet, fresh campaign.
1503851768
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Click the "mode" button next to the Pathfinder logo to make sure you are in the "expanded" mode that allows you to edit more fields.&nbsp; you might be in compact mode. in the Ability Scores section you can edit the "Base" ability column which is highlighted in blue.
Ah, that was it. Thank you.&nbsp;
1503870602
CB
Pro
How do I set up a buff that adds a bonus from an item to a single skill? &nbsp;I know I can do it in the Items column of the Skills tab but the bonus is not always there (it is a psychoactive skin of the chameleon ; the pc has 3 different psychoactive skins and only 1 of them can be the active one at any given time)? &nbsp;I am hoping to set it up as a buff that can be toggled on and off so that I don't have to keep going into the sheet to edit it. Although now that I think about it, I could edit the skill macro for the Stealth skill to include an additional query on whether or not the item is active. &nbsp;That is one way of doing it, hmm. &nbsp;Likewise, I could do it for the Crystal Mask of Insightful Detection the same pc has. Still, I'm curious to know if it can be done via a buff macro. &nbsp;Thanks in advance for any help. And I probably don't say it enough here: a massive "Thank you!" shout out to all of the fine folks who developed the sheet, worked on it (day and night), and beta-tested the heck out of it. &nbsp;I probably wouldn't be running online if this sheet wasn't so damn sweet. CB
1503879892
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
My players use the "misc" skill entries to not mess with macros, to make copies of skills, like trapfinding vs perception, etc
You can also use the toggle to make a 1/0 switch. But if you hover over the button you click to turn it on/off, it'll give you a code that you can enter. When on, it outputs a 1. When off, it outputs a 0. So you can set that up to be Value x Toggle. If on, it will always be 0 and when on it'll be whatever value is.