Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You don't need to toggle NPC off, the core tab is still accessible.
Scott C. said: You don't need to toggle NPC off, the core tab is still accessible. The arrow to add additional classes isn't however.
Here's the next piece I'm struggling with. I'm trying to add stats from the NPC stat block out of the book. You can see in the image that I've typed in the AC, Touch and Flat stats above as well as the base statistics in the Parser. Should I not be doing this? It's adding them together below, which is adding additional AC to the NPC.

Edited 1492642890
Jeremy R. said: Here's the next piece I'm struggling with. I'm trying to add stats from the NPC stat block out of the book. You can see in the image that I've typed in the AC, Touch and Flat stats above as well as the base statistics in the Parser. Should I not be doing this? It's adding them together below, which is adding additional AC to the NPC. I just found that this was being added as a buff above to get it to the initial 15. I deleted it and added the +2 armor to the defenses instead.
Scott C. said: Simon said: I would like some assistance in writing a macro. What I need it to do is roll a Craft skill check against a DC of 15, and then roll 1d8 +5 per 10 that it exceeded the DC. Is that possible, how would I go about doing this?  Is it 1d8 per 10 exceeded, +5 per 10, or 1d8 +5 all together per exceeded? I'd do something like this (can neaten it up with templates as you see fit): for the first possibility [[(1d20+@{craft}-15[DC])/10-0.5)d8 +5]] for the second possibility [[1d8 + floor((1d20+@{craft}-15[DC])/10)*5]] for the third possibility Best bet here is going to be using an API/ability command button to figure the roll after you roll the check since you can't reuse a roll result in a macro. So the macro to be called would be [[?{10's of success}d8 + 5*?{10's of success}]] EDIT: adjusted so that the macros would result in you being able to see the results of the 1d20 It is 1d8 if you only make the DC 15; If you exceed the DC by 10, it is 1d8+5; If you exceed the DC by 20, it is 1d8+10; etc.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
@Simon Ah, then my second solution will work for you @Jeremy R. make sure to toggle expanded mode on and then checkmark "add class levels"
Scott C. said: @Jeremy R. make sure to toggle expanded mode on and then checkmark "add class levels" I found it. The arrow is hidden by the header below it in npc mode. If I hover my cursor around where it should be, I can expand it. So I can't see it, but I can use it.

Edited 1492699376
S
Pro
Is there a way I can customize spell macros on the sheet again? I like to add little icons in the headers, but I can't seem to find any option to expand the macro information for a given spell. Found it.

Edited 1492697326
I've been trying to macro the npc buttons to the tokens, so far so good. However, the abilities button broadcasts to the entire group, whereas the rest of the buttons properly whisper the GM privately. When I click the button from the Character sheet it works as expected. For reference, the macro I am putting in is %{selected|NPC-abilities} Also, when the abilities are sent to chat, if I click the Abilities Menu from the created frame (ie. Su, Sp, etc.) those also get sent to the group chat, regardless if I'm in the character sheet or not. Edit: I have found that I can add /w gm in front of the macro to ensure it doesn't broadcast. However, it's still a bit odd that Abilities works differently than the rest of the NPC buttons when macrod.

Edited 1492698620
chris b. said: Trying to reply to Lin O. but i don't see his message. You should do the reverse: use buffs to ADD to the abilities not subtract.  If you subtract, it shows up in the "Penalties" column of the ability score. This only changes the modifier, (the 2nd column)  it does not change the ability score. Addition does update the ability score. I found my mistake shortly after I post the message, so I deleted the message, sorry. In my str-buff equation, I use @{customa1-mod} - @{str}, but I shoud use @{str-base} instead of @{str}, because @{customa1-mod} - @{str} will cause loop error.

Edited 1492698788
Request: Can we get a button that lists (seperately) active and inactive buffs, where if we click on a specific buff it lists what bonuses it grants and whatever notes it contains?
When using the skillbook button I can't seem to see any of my skills defined by modifiers they currently have.

Edited 1492701787
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jeremy R. said: Scott C. said: @Jeremy R. make sure to toggle expanded mode on and then checkmark "add class levels" I found it. The arrow is hidden by the header below it in npc mode. If I hover my cursor around where it should be, I can expand it. So I can't see it, but I can use it. ok, i will look into that. also the abilities menu
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Swole Patrol said: When using the skillbook button I can't seem to see any of my skills defined by modifiers they currently have. thanks i'll add that to the bug list
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Simon said: Request: Can we get a button that lists (seperately) active and inactive buffs, where if we click on a specific buff it lists what bonuses it grants and whatever notes it contains? sounds like a good idea. probably when we add the bonus types we can have tabs like the other lists. that will also allow the buffs section to be shorter, 

Edited 1492709952
chris b. said: Swole Patrol said: When using the skillbook button I can't seem to see any of my skills defined by modifiers they currently have. thanks i'll add that to the bug list I had this same issue and could not resolve. This morning, however, I went into a character sheet and turned on the "Enforce Requires Training" and voila! Skills were thereafter showing their modifiers AND the Adventure and Background skillbook buttons now worked at all. This fixed for any other sheets I had with the same problem. (Note:  I previously commented on this issue, Adventure and Background buttons produced a peculiar output to the log and skills did not show modifiers as expected. Perhaps between that comment and this one, it might set you on the right path to fixing it.) EDIT: I should also add that the reason I started to fiddled was that one of my players reported not seeing the Survival skill when using the skillbook button. Sure enough, she was correct. This despite it being marked as a class skill and having ranks. So, I started flipping switches to see what would happen. After selecting the "Enforce" option, it fixed all issues including the missing Survival skill.

Edited 1492712074
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
ok great thanks that helps. i think the "enforce requires training" originally was meant to remove skills from the menu that were not trained but should be, so the menus are smaller, but then it became less and less useful since many "require training" skills can be used untrained for certain cases or low DCs, i think i should just remove it and have the skills always  work the same.
I'd like to add a sneak attack macro to all damage rolls. So far I have putting it in the extra non-crit damage (though I've been toying with the global "precision_dmg1". So far I have: (?{Apply sneak attack?(1 to apply)|0}*(@{class-0-level}/2}d6)[sneak attack damage]) Where class-0 is Rogue. The question comes up fine but the output just displays: "[ (1*(4/2}d6)[sneak attack damage]) ]" (4 levels are indeed in Class-0 so at least it's doing that right but it isn't rolling the damage.Help!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The Storyteller said: I'd like to add a sneak attack macro to all damage rolls. So far I have putting it in the extra non-crit damage (though I've been toying with the global "precision_dmg1". So far I have: (?{Apply sneak attack?(1 to apply)|0}*(@{class-0-level}/2}d6)[sneak attack damage]) Where class-0 is Rogue. The question comes up fine but the output just displays: "[ (1*(4/2}d6)[sneak attack damage]) ]" (4 levels are indeed in Class-0 so at least it's doing that right but it isn't rolling the damage.Help! Try [[ [[ ?{Apply sneak attack?(1 to apply)|0} ]]*[[ ceil(@{class-0-level}/2) ]]d6 ]]
Ok that seems to work, and I managed to alter it to get it into the {{precisiondmg_1}} global variable (I tested it out extensively and managed to get it working). Now I need to put the precision damage 1 into individual attacks. I've tried: =@{precisiondmg_1} ={precisiondmg_1} =@(precisiondmg_1) =(precisiondmg_1) and I've tried it without the equal signs. I get: Attack: 9 vs AC Damage: 4 Extra Dmg: Type: B How do I get it to roll it properly

Edited 1492781573
Any thoughts on why the Abilities Macro %{selected|defenses} wouldn't work for a specific character? I can actually call this from one character's sheet while selecting another and it works. But I can't get it to work on the character in which it resides. The button on the character sheet itself "Defenses" does work as expected. Edit: It's starting to happen for other abilities now as well. Could the player have screwed up the character sheet? He was entering values in last night. I'm now also having issues where the settings button isn't working. It's getting stuck on settings, or on the character sheet unless I close the character sheet and re-open it.

Edited 1492785795
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Jeremy R. said: Any thoughts on why the Abilities Macro %{selected|defenses} wouldn't work for a specific character? I can actually call this from one character's sheet while selecting another and it works. But I can't get it to work on the character in which it resides. The button on the character sheet itself "Defenses" does work as expected. Edit: It's starting to happen for other abilities now as well. Could the player have screwed up the character sheet? He was entering values in last night. I'm now also having issues where the settings button isn't working. It's getting stuck on settings, or on the character sheet unless I close the character sheet and re-open it. This isn't normal or expected behavior.  Is this only happening on the one sheet?  What you are explaining is very strange.  Did you create individual new characters or make duplicates of a sheet and modify (ie template style)?  If this a single character with the issues, you might create a new character and test before spending too much time on the seemingly broken one. ;-(
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The Storyteller said: Ok that seems to work, and I managed to alter it to get it into the {{precisiondmg_1}} global variable (I tested it out extensively and managed to get it working). Now I need to put the precision damage 1 into individual attacks. I've tried: =@{precisiondmg_1} ={precisiondmg_1} =@(precisiondmg_1) =(precisiondmg_1) and I've tried it without the equal signs. I get: Attack: 9 vs AC Damage: 4 Extra Dmg: Type: B How do I get it to roll it properly You don't want to use the extra/precision damage attribute/field on the sheet for sneak attack?  "precisiondmg_1" seems like a custom attribute.  Where are you trying to use it? ( ie editing the full macro-text of an attack, from a custom ability macro off-sheet, within a precision damage field on-sheet, etc ).  What is the value of "precisiondmg_1"?
Vince said: Jeremy R. said: Any thoughts on why the Abilities Macro %{selected|defenses} wouldn't work for a specific character? I can actually call this from one character's sheet while selecting another and it works. But I can't get it to work on the character in which it resides. The button on the character sheet itself "Defenses" does work as expected. Edit: It's starting to happen for other abilities now as well. Could the player have screwed up the character sheet? He was entering values in last night. I'm now also having issues where the settings button isn't working. It's getting stuck on settings, or on the character sheet unless I close the character sheet and re-open it. This isn't normal or expected behavior.  Is this only happening on the one sheet?  What you are explaining is very strange.  Did you create individual new characters or make duplicates of a sheet and modify (ie template style)?  If this a single character with the issues, you might create a new character and test before spending too much time on with the seemingly broken one. ;-( It appears to be just this character. I let the player modify his character sheet after I logged off last night. This morning I wanted to add macro buttons to it to make rolling easier. That's when I started experiencing this. Looking at his character sheet, he had a long way to go. So I'm building it in Hero Lab right now, and going to import it for him (mainly so he has full descriptions of feats, etc.). I'll then try again on the macros.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Ok.  Maybe there was an import issue.  IDK.  James handles the HeroLab import function and might have some thoughts...

Edited 1492788931
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
storyteller you need to put [[ ]] around the roll. see the legend at the bottom of the page where it shows how to setup macros for fields labeled (a), (b), (c), and (d) each is slightly different. make sure it is not in the "type "field, that is where you just write "sneak attack" or whatever you wish. but the extra damage should be showing up for all attacks automatically. If it is not, your attack may have been customized, copy the entire macro out into an editor, then delete it from the row. the macro should refresh with the default after a few seconds, then you can edit it again with any customizations you need.  (you may need  to repeat this with each iterative entry if you're using them)
Vince said: Ok.  Maybe there was an import issue.  IDK.  James handles the HeroLab import function and might have some thoughts... He didn't use Herolab to fill in his sheet. I was going to do so to avoid him having to retype everything back in.

Edited 1492801122
CB
Pro
It has been a couple of months since I last ran a game at Roll20 so I was pleased to see that a lot of updates have been done.  So I am in the process of seeing what broke and needs to be fixed on the large number of character sheets in my campaign.  One thing that is bugging me is that when I tried to call on the Abilities radio button as a token action (so that the relevant sheet does not need to be open), it is not working. All I wrote in the token action was %{selected|abilities}. That alone should have displayed the list of abilities on the chat screen.  Instead, all I got was selected|abilities as the output.  I tried @{selected|abilities} and it does not work either, stating that "No attribute could be found for @{selected|abilities}."  This is not with an older character sheet, it is a brand new character sheet that I started from scratch (since I figured I would have to start all over again for the base sheets for each monster type). The radio button from within the sheet works fine, so I do not know where the problem is.  And currently the sheet's configuration is not set to NPC.  Although I tried that too and it did not work either. Thoughts? **Update:** Apparently, while keeping the sheet as PC, but changing the token action to %{selected|npc-abilities}, it does display the buttons on the chat screen but it does so as a public roll (even if you have the sheet configured to do rolls as whispers for both pc and monsters/npc), with the title indicating that it is NPC Abilities.  This gets weirder and weirder. **Update 2:** O.k., out of curiosity, I started trying various radio buttons in the token action, with both PC and Monster/NPC rolls set to roll as whispers to the GM.  So here are the results: %{selected|abilities} or @{selected}abilities} does not work. %{selected|attacks} or @{selected|attacks} does not work. %{selected|defenses} works (shows up as whisper). %{selected|skills} works (but shows up as public). %{selected}ability_checks} works (shows up as whisper) %{selected|Roll-for-initiative} works (but shows up as public) %{selected|combat_skills} work (shows up as whisper) %{selected|items} works (I think; it does show up as a whisper but states "None," presumably because that sheet has no items entered in the inventory yet). **Update 3:**  O.k., I tried the above across multiple character sheets, same issue.  Bug somewhere?
I also noticed that for some reason, whenever you hit recalc, it toggles off the option for "Allow AC and CMD to use different ability scores." 
Have you checked the show button next to the abilities you want to show up in the chat frame?

Edited 1492802247
CB
Pro
Jeremy R. said: Have you checked the show button next to the abilities you want to show up in the chat frame? For the character sheets prior to the V.1 update, there is no Show button so that doesn't apply.  Strangely enough, I created a new sheet (V1) and there is no Show option either for attacks.  Still, I did test it for a new character sheet and it does work for the attacks but not for the abilities (unless I type it as %{selected|npc-abilities} even though the sheet is not set up as an NPC).  Which is rather annoying.  Wondering if I have to redo everything from scratch again. **Update:**  O.k., I found that Show button you were referring to in the Abilities section.  Toggled that on and....nope, did not work.
Vince said: The Storyteller said: Ok that seems to work, and I managed to alter it to get it into the {{precisiondmg_1}} global variable (I tested it out extensively and managed to get it working). Now I need to put the precision damage 1 into individual attacks. I've tried: =@{precisiondmg_1} ={precisiondmg_1} =@(precisiondmg_1) =(precisiondmg_1) and I've tried it without the equal signs. I get: Attack: 9 vs AC Damage: 4 Extra Dmg: Type: B How do I get it to roll it properly You don't want to use the extra/precision damage attribute/field on the sheet for sneak attack?  "precisiondmg_1" seems like a custom attribute.  Where are you trying to use it? ( ie editing the full macro-text of an attack, from a custom ability macro off-sheet, within a precision damage field on-sheet, etc ).  What is the value of "precisiondmg_1"? "=[[ [[ ?{Apply sneak attack?(1 to apply)|0} ]]*[[ ceil(@{class-0-level}/2) ]]d6 ]]" I'm trying to get it so that, instead of putting it in the "Extra non-Crit Dmg" spot I want to be able to apply it to individual attacks. While I could put it all into the non-crit dmg section of each one, but that's ugly and i wanted to..."proxy"? Is that the right word? I want to put in a short phrase each time rather than typing in the entire formula  every time.
I noticed that, while 'Display user defined fields' is enabled in the settings, when you go to to Spell Class 1 and check the Prepared casting type, the formatting for the user defined fields screw up. By comparison, this is Spell Class 0 (And Spell Class 2, but they're pretty much the same so I'd rather just show 1 image)
So, I am very new to Roll20 in general, and I recently tried to import a Hero Lab character over just to try to try to get a feel for how everything works. And I am noticing that there are several things missing from what got imported, and after checking the XML code, they are in fact present. I should also note that this was a fairly high-level character with a lot of journal entries and some custom (poorly designed) inputs, so perhaps that is screwing things up? A list of what is missing includes: Favoured class bonuses (easy fix) Any details gained from second class (this was a poorly-implemented custom class as it is, so this might not surprise me) Experience to next level was empty (easy fix) Issues with HP after correcting Favoured Class bonuses and second class details, such as not calculating the correct total and being unable to edit the previously editable fields (though issues with this seem to already be known, and I am trying the fixes out now) Base land speed (set to zero?) Everything involving equipment, including weapons, armour, and money Everything involving abilities, such as Class Features, Feats, Traits, Racial Traits, and Special Abilities As far as I can tell, the missing elements are in the code for the import, but I can't tell if there is something wrong with the code or if this is a bug with the sheet, or perhaps I have some mis-selected settings, though I don't believe I changed any of those from the default after the Hero Lab import. Help? I can provide more details and screenshots if they are needed.

Edited 1492835345
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Storyteller substituting your sneak attack damage macro with a custom attribute of the same value should work "by proxy".  I'll have a look.  update: seems to work for me. @Suw   that looks like a bug.  We'll get it figured out.  Thank you. @Johnathan AFAIK, not everything get's transferred over with the HeroLab import.  We were still working on special abilities and equipment when the HL import feature was added to the sheet. There may be plans to parse these other sections in a future update, but James will probably have to comment on that. @CB So for a brand new sheet you have entered some repeating abilities and have checked the "show" option on them, but you cannot get them to show in chat when using "%{selected|abilities}"?

Edited 1492828957
I myself and several of my players have noticed that the sheet tends to "lock up" at points and not allow modifications or alterations to certain aspects... this basically results in us having to recreate their characters every other week cause it disallows buffs or alterations to equipment. We have no idea what is going on, but it has happened with every single one of my player's characters and happens more often than it should... Any ideas why this is occuring? I attached an image just to show, With buff and without its not increasing AC as it should but it is increasing Touch AC...

Edited 1492837199
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
B14d3r11 said: I myself and several of my players have noticed that the sheet tends to "lock up" at points and not allow modifications or alterations to certain aspects... this basically results in us having to recreate their characters every other week cause it disallows buffs or alterations to equipment. We have no idea what is going on, but it has happened with every single one of my player's characters and happens more often than it should... Any ideas why this is occuring? I attached an image just to show, With buff and without its not increasing AC as it should but it is increasing Touch AC... "the sheet tends to "lock up" at points and not allow modifications or alterations to certain aspects..." Can you give more specifics? As far as the buff for AC and Touch only applying Touch; I can't seem to reproduce this. ;-(   Have you tried toggling the AC portion of the buff and or using recalc?  Can you make another AC-only buff?

Edited 1492840026
I have used recalc multiple times, I can make an another AC only buff (the one shown is actually a new one made just to throw numbers at it) but they both do not apply to AC or Shield etc... What I mean by "lock up" is that for no reason or pretense (we'll start a session after they were perfectly fine last week) and the character sheet cannot be allowed to modify a piece of equipment. It won't let values be changed, name altered, switching the piece out etc... it just won't allow anything to be done when certain slots get that way... If you want I can add you to my game and allow you to look at the character sheets in question...
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You can only edit from inventory.  Worn equipment (slotted items)and armor/shield(on Defense page) are read-only.  Can you edit from inventory?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
CB said: I also noticed that for some reason, whenever you hit recalc, it toggles off the option for "Allow AC and CMD to use different ability scores."  thanks for all your testing. ill try to have these fixed for this week's build.

Edited 1492867804
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
B14d3r11 said: this basically results in us having to recreate their characters every other week cause it disallows buffs or alterations to equipment. We have no idea what is going on, but it has happened with every single one of my player's characters and happens more often than it should... Any ideas why this is occuring some ideas 1. has anyone tried refreshing the browser, that has always cleared up the locking . 2. more than one person should not have the sheet open at a time, that has caused problems for sheets 3. before we had an issue with tabs locking on certain computers, neither we nor roll20 could figure out why till we just redid thetabs to work differently. i think this might be similar, can you: 3. 1. tell us what operating systems and browsers the people with the problems are using 3. 2. if my suspicion is correct it mainly happens after expanding an area or clicking a checkbox on the settings screen. can your players let us know is that is the pattern? 3. 3. again if that is it, refreshing the browser will fix it, it is annoying but better than recreating a sheet. if that is it, then the solution for the tabs was to move the checkboxes out of the labels. we'd have to do it for the other checkboxes as well.
@Vince: that is correct for both old and new character sheets.
Hey guys, I am currently unable to click the reorder button aon my character sheet after pressing the modify button  in any of the tabs.  Does anyone have a fix for this?

Edited 1492980159
chris b. said: B14d3r11 said: this basically results in us having to recreate their characters every other week cause it disallows buffs or alterations to equipment. We have no idea what is going on, but it has happened with every single one of my player's characters and happens more often than it should... Any ideas why this is occuring some ideas 1. has anyone tried refreshing the browser, that has always cleared up the locking . 2. more than one person should not have the sheet open at a time, that has caused problems for sheets 3. before we had an issue with tabs locking on certain computers, neither we nor roll20 could figure out why till we just redid thetabs to work differently. i think this might be similar, can you: 3. 1. tell us what operating systems and browsers the people with the problems are using 3. 2. if my suspicion is correct it mainly happens after expanding an area or clicking a checkbox on the settings screen. can your players let us know is that is the pattern? 3. 3. again if that is it, refreshing the browser will fix it, it is annoying but better than recreating a sheet. if that is it, then the solution for the tabs was to move the checkboxes out of the labels. we'd have to do it for the other checkboxes as well. 1. People have refreshed the page, closed an reopened the browser, and even went so far as to install a new browser to try to see if that'd work. Firefox & Chrome are the two I can guarantee they use. 2. On most instances only one person has the character sheet open, they exit and let the next person (me the GM) look at it and it still is locked. The pictures i've provided above were of a character that had no other access but mine at the time. 3. A. Most players are running Windows 7, or 10 all 64 bit from my knowledge, the browsers like previously stated are firefox/chrome 32 and 64 bit (tried both) B. Some players have it occur when they just expand the buffs area and click the checkbox for the buff. So i guess you could boil it down to expanding an area and click a checkbox causes this to occur... C. We have refreshed the browser while this occurred and it didn't solve the problem sadly. Vince said: You can only edit from inventory. Worn equipment (slotted items)and armor/shield(on Defense page) are read-only. Can you edit from inventory? Even editing from inventory, the Armor and Shield won't change their values, also if you delete the armor/shield in the inventory they are still plugged in on the defense sheet... whats up with that? Even after a recalc it stayed...
Vince said: Eric said: Is any one else having issues with "Max Skill Ranks"? i should have 52 (according to my level section), but it says i have 97. really confused what i did wrong.  Can you give a little more detail Eric?  From the Class grid, what class level or levels if you multi-class. What do you have for Skill pts/lvl?  Do you have any points for Favored Class, FC Skill?  Looking at the Skill Ranks section; do you have anything in the Extra Ranks macro?  Maybe post a screen cap. Here are screenshots of my sheet. i should have 52 pts including FC. it's all in there. i just can't see the code for MSR box, so i can't figure out what the discrepancy is.
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Looks correct to me; you're getting 48 from your various classes, 4 from FCB, and 45 for a +3 Int mod across 15 levels.
James W. said: Looks correct to me; you're getting 48 from your various classes, 4 from FCB, and 45 for a +3 Int mod across 15 levels. oh duh! thnx

Edited 1492990728
Is this sheet being updated on the Git Repository? The last update there is a year ago. Or is it stored somewhere else? I was looking here for it -&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets</a>
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This sheet is "Pathfinder-Neceros" in the repository.
James W. said: This sheet is "Pathfinder-Neceros" in the repository. Ah, thank you.