Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

Edited 1496186732
Okay, I checked the "All" tab, and there were about a dozen boxes that were started but never completed, all of which had "Class Feature" in the "Rule" field.  So I got that figured out, thanks! As for the weapons, I believe I have all the necessary fields filled out, but I'm not sure.  In order to make it less confusing,  here's an image link to the two weapon boxes in question. If anyone could take a look and see if I'm missing anything, I'd appreciate it.  I have even tried it with the "Show" box checked, but it didn't seem to matter.  Also, both were dragged and dropped from the equipment section of the Roll20 compendium. Edit:   Okay, the weapon boxes are showing up on the attack page, but this is not exactly what I was expecting.  My confusion comes from  these two fields here , which are not filled in.  Perhaps they just aren't what I thought they were.  Can anyone tell me what those are for, what they should actually indicate, and how to fill them in if they are applicable? Of course, after trying to upload an image to this post directly, it reminded me of another issue I'm having:  I can't set pictures on the Bio screen.  Are there requirements for images?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The weapon attributes section looks fine to me...  Is the Create Attack button on the Shortsword a dark icon all the time or is only that way a few moments after your press it?  Are these weapons not added to your attacks at all, or are they just missing the damage info(dice and die)?  Maybe post an image of your attacks as well? Are you the GM?  I believe only the GM or co-GM can set images.  If you are the GM, you can drag/drop images from the sidebar or upload directly to journals, tokens, tabletop, art library, etc.

Edited 1496187516
The Create Attack button is dark after I press it.  If I press it in the other box, that one darkens and the other one lightens up. However, under further inspection, I have noticed that the weapon boxes do, in fact, appear lower on the attack page.  My confusion comes from  these fields here , which as you can see aren't filled in.  I'm wondering if that isn't what I'm thinking it is.  Because it appears to be what my main melee and range attacks should be. And yes, I am the GM.  I have tried dragging and dropping images and uploading them from my pc both.  The images show up in my art file, but they are all blank.  I haven't yet tried to do anything with tokens yet, so I have no idea if I'll be facing troubles there, too.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
the top ones that do not say damage/dmg are base attack values for the different types.  the bottom two are temporary bonuses / penalties to damage. Maybe we should add "adj" there or something to indicate it's temporary. The attacks themselves are at the bottom as you found. 
Vince said: Eric said: i've transfered old ones to the new sections. now they're all gone. my fellow players/dm didn't do it and theirs are gone as well. To be clear; Were these older, existing characters? When you use the "All" tab on the abilities page, absolutely nothing shows up?  This goes for everyone in your game? Did you use the "Merge" option from Settings|List?  If so, did you verify that the old original lists had been copied over to the new Abilities section? Did you use the "Delete All" option(trashcan icon found at the top of each repeating section) or manually delete the old original abilities? Apologies for the inquiries.  We just need to get as much info about what happened. 1) Yes 2) nothing shows 3&4) no, transferred/deleted manually
Image problem is solved.  Turns out it was an issue with Chrome.  I became suspicious of that after I was unable to post images here, so I switched to Firefox and now everything is working as it should. My issues are now taken care of (for now).  Thanks for the help!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Rob K. said: Image problem is solved.  Turns out it was an issue with Chrome.  I became suspicious of that after I was unable to post images here, so I switched to Firefox and now everything is working as it should. My issues are now taken care of (for now).  Thanks for the help! That's good to hear, although I wonder what issue you were having with Chrome...  Post back if you need any help with the sheet or anything with roll20.  Cheers

Edited 1496198794
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Eric said: Vince said: Eric said: i've transfered old ones to the new sections. now they're all gone. my fellow players/dm didn't do it and theirs are gone as well. To be clear; Were these older, existing characters? When you use the "All" tab on the abilities page, absolutely nothing shows up?  This goes for everyone in your game? Did you use the "Merge" option from Settings|List?  If so, did you verify that the old original lists had been copied over to the new Abilities section? Did you use the "Delete All" option(trashcan icon found at the top of each repeating section) or manually delete the old original abilities? Apologies for the inquiries.  We just need to get as much info about what happened. 1) Yes 2) nothing shows 3&4) no, transferred/deleted manually I really hate to say I have know idea how you would have lost all of your abilities(campaign-wide).  Especially after you had manually added them to the newer abilities section...   If the gm is a Pro account I would try the  rollback feature .  A new feature is now available for anyone with a Pro Roll20 subscription. Between the hours of 4 and 6 AM PST, a save state is made for every game on Roll20. Seven days’ worth of save states are kept on file before they’re rewritten with new save states. A Pro user will now have the ability to roll back their game to any save state available from the past seven days to correct any drastic mistakes made to their game. We did have an issue with spells being lost when we first tried combining all spells into a single repeating section. We learned from that and created migration routines to handle such changes.  That fact that this happened after manually creating the abilities seems to indicate it had nothing to do with merging/migrations.  IDK.  Chris might have a suggestion, but I'm not sure what else you can try.   ;-(
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Rob K. said: Image problem is solved.  Turns out it was an issue with Chrome.  I became suspicious of that after I was unable to post images here, so I switched to Firefox and now everything is working as it should. I wonder if it is a Chrome addon/app Some addons have problems with Roll20.
Regarding update pacing issues (3 pages back): it's not so much that I mind the sheets being updated. It's the damn popup every time I enter a game even though I'm playing 3x+ a week. Perhaps if "do not show again" muted *all* updates unless I click something to specifically show the revision log, even if a new one is published, would solve the issue? I'd really appreciate it. I'm running something like 12 sheets between minions and helping other players with characters and having to close the popup every time is rather annoying.

Edited 1496251744
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
we are going to slow down actually. we are betaing some updates that will take awhile. so this will be the last one (unless some bugs are found this week) i can shrink that log, i kept some older revisions up since the updates were coming so fast. but .. yeah we put the "see older announcements" there for this purpose i suppose we should use it. :) maybe that is something we can add to the API too, "close announcements for all sheets" also i just realized we can hide it for new characters, that is something we are not doing.
Vince said: Eric said: Vince said: Eric said: i've transfered old ones to the new sections. now they're all gone. my fellow players/dm didn't do it and theirs are gone as well. To be clear; Were these older, existing characters? When you use the "All" tab on the abilities page, absolutely nothing shows up?  This goes for everyone in your game? Did you use the "Merge" option from Settings|List?  If so, did you verify that the old original lists had been copied over to the new Abilities section? Did you use the "Delete All" option(trashcan icon found at the top of each repeating section) or manually delete the old original abilities? Apologies for the inquiries.  We just need to get as much info about what happened. 1) Yes 2) nothing shows 3&4) no, transferred/deleted manually I really hate to say I have know idea how you would have lost all of your abilities(campaign-wide).  Especially after you had manually added them to the newer abilities section...   If the gm is a Pro account I would try the  rollback feature .  A new feature is now available for anyone with a Pro Roll20 subscription. Between the hours of 4 and 6 AM PST, a save state is made for every game on Roll20. Seven days’ worth of save states are kept on file before they’re rewritten with new save states. A Pro user will now have the ability to roll back their game to any save state available from the past seven days to correct any drastic mistakes made to their game. We did have an issue with spells being lost when we first tried combining all spells into a single repeating section. We learned from that and created migration routines to handle such changes.  That fact that this happened after manually creating the abilities seems to indicate it had nothing to do with merging/migrations.  IDK.  Chris might have a suggestion, but I'm not sure what else you can try.   ;-( the rollback worked. thnx
So, I'm trying to make a macro for power attack, but when I was checking the ability damage multiplier, I found out that when you turn it up past 1.5, the multiplier seems to default to one, even if it's a two or three. Further, when I try to use the multiplier in a macro, it defaults to one again. Is this buy design, or is it a glich?

Edited 1496362433
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Wayward Foal said: So, I'm trying to make a macro for power attack, but when I was checking the ability damage multiplier, I found out that when you turn it up past 1.5, the multiplier seems to default to one, even if it's a two or three. Further, when I try to use the multiplier in a macro, it defaults to one again. Is this buy design, or is it a glich? That's my mistake when changing the field over to a selector... ;-(   Although it shouldn't cap at 1 regardless. Currently the selector is incorrectly labeling 2.5 as 2 and 4.5 as 4 is actually missing the values for 2.5 and 4.5.  We'll have a look and get a fix ASAP.   <option value="0.5">0.5</option>     <option value="1" selected>•1</option>     <option value="1.5">1.5</option>     <option value="2">2.5</option>     <option value="3">3</option>     <option value="3.5">3.5</option>     <option value="4">4.5</option>     <option value="5">5</option>     <option value="5.5">5.5</option>     <option value="6">6</option>
When setting a decimal value for an item in the equipment tab, the sheet seems to round down(or just ignore completely?) the value before multiplying them to the quantity. Is this intentional? It isn't much of a big deal since it's easy to work around, but it does tend to be an issue, especially when inputting rations or other objects that cost less than 1gp.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
it should not be rounding until it totals it all up. we'll take a look
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
oops, how did that get in the prod build? the 1.5 should work, and 1, but no others right now. or should we just remove this?  I first thought of adding it because some users were using commas instead of decimals. and javasscript was thinking it changed even when it didn't (stupid floats) are people using other values besides .5, 1, 1.5?
Since a few weeks, the macro refering to the skills button does not work for me anymore. I have a macro that calls %{selected|skills} (as the tooltip above the skills button shows) and it only write the text of the macro in chat. It's been a few weeks but i think the macro text was something else before, but that one broke as well and the new one isn't working for me. If I click on the Skill button in the character sheet, it works as intended. I'm using that with a token action. Other macro to buttons works well. thanks
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Mat, what have you named your skills menu token action?
I named it "skills". Seems like anything else is fine! wow I didn't know that. Thanks!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep, the system doesn't know what to do if there are multiple abilities (or attributes) of a given name. Keep in mind that these are also case insensitive, so Skills and skills are the same.
Scott C. said: jean p. said: This might already have been requested, and i´m not entirely sure that this is the right forum for it (First post). But i would like to make a request for the PF sheets. Would it be possible to add a macro function for tracking Buffs and conditions? In the sense that when you click on the macro, your created buffs gets listed in the chat for easy activation and deactivation. What i´m basically looking for is a Token button. Tge ability to toggle the buffs/conditions on/off requires the API. The  current beta version of the companion script allows you to do this in several ways. I'll add a buff/condition control panel to the feature requests though. Ah thanks :)
chris b. said: Alex said: Oh hey, if I delete every other copy of it and re-export, the sheet doesn't auto-update from the old version to the new version for a few minutes. So I can grab the macros from there if I'm fast enough. Just need to keep deleting the old ones when they convert over, and exporting an untouched old version. 1. Are these the old ability lists, "repeating_class-abilities", "repeating_npc-spell-like-abilities" etc? 2. what version of the sheet were you on before opening it? was it perviously 1.12 or before? this should show up as "pfsheet_version" attribute on the attributes & abilities tab (the outer tab that is bio, sheet, attributes & abilities)  if on the ability tab make sure to set migrated_attack_macrosv1 migrated_feature_macrosv109 to 1, migrated_ability_macrosv112  to 1, before clicking on the sheet tab, then it should not touch the ability macros at all. though those should be set to 1 by default there is a chance they may not be set correctly. (others similar macro settings are in the "macros" section near bottom of Settings page) Sorry guys--was trying to say that I'd found a way to solve the problem. It was from an old sheet, I think repeating class abilities list or something, and all the old custom macros were overwritten with the basic ones. I couldn't find a switch to make it not happen, but I copied them out and into a new sheet. Already deleted the old one, sorry!
Far too many posts to search through to see if this has already been mentioned, but two things I would like to request: 1) The ability to add a Caster Level bonus on a per-spell basis. Spell Specialization gives a +2 Caster Level bonus to one spell in particular, and I have no way that I can find to apply that on the character sheet. 2) The ability to have attack rolls rolled within the spell macro itself. I have it rolling damage, but short of using the Attack macro the spell creates, I see no way to roll to-hit and crit-hit/damage within the spell without basically writing a macro within the spell description text.
chris b. said: yes in the attack options you can choose to add the bonus to the name of the attack in the menu.  I did not even notice, i guess I like blue lol Been a while since I was online so I did not get to check this right away.  I looked around in the Attacks tab and I could not find anything that would toggle on and off the option to add the bonus to the name of the attack in the menu.  I also checked the settings tab and there is nothing there that would indicate the option for displaying the attack value next to the name of the attack in the menu.  Could you point me (with an image if possible) in the right place where it is located? Thanks! CB
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
William L. said: 1) The ability to add a Caster Level bonus on a per-spell basis. Spell Specialization gives a +2 Caster Level bonus to one spell in particular, and I have no way that I can find to apply that on the character sheet. If you click "show more fields" just above the spell list, then under the "Misc" arrow you can add a caster level bonus to the spell. 2) The ability to have attack rolls rolled within the spell macro itself. I have it rolling damage, but short of using the Attack macro the spell creates, I see no way to roll to-hit and crit-hit/damage within the spell without basically writing a macro within the spell description text. we can add this to the list
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
CB said: Been a while since I was online so I did not get to check this right away.  I looked around in the Attacks tab and I could not find anything that would toggle on and off the option to add the bonus to the name of the attack in the menu.  I also checked the settings tab and there  oops it's not there. don't know why I thought it was. I think it is in the code so. we can add that as on option.

Edited 1496599537
chris b. said: William L. said: 2) The ability to have attack rolls rolled within the spell macro itself. I have it rolling damage, but short of using the Attack macro the spell creates, I see no way to roll to-hit and crit-hit/damage within the spell without basically writing a macro within the spell description text. we can add this to the list Yesterday I just started adding this into my spells that need a touch attack: {{[[1d20+@{attk-melee}]] **attack vs [[@{target|touch}]] Touch AC**}} It's not too bad to add stuff it's just the repetition of having to do it for every spell. So I'd second this request. It also stops your attack section of the sheet from getting overwhelmed if you have a lot of offensive spells. I've also been adding this to all of my save sections: Will negates [[1D20+@{target|Will}]] vs maybe an option for something like this in the future? It's not a big deal to do my self but sometimes the formatting doesn't look pretty. Both of those require you to click on a target which some people might not like, but I prefer it and feel like it saves me time.

Edited 1496607282
CB
Pro
The Linguistic skill and the Sleight of Hand skills, even though they are "Trained-Only" skills, are showing up in the Skills Menu (and able to roll) despite no ranks in the skill.  As far as I am aware of, the Knowledge skills are the only "Trained-Only" skills that you can roll untrained, so long as the DC is 10 or less. CB *Edited for grammar corrections and included the Sleight of Hand skill above*
I seem to remember seeing this at some point, but it appears to have been disabled or hidden in recent updates:  If I have multiple casting classes but they add their class levels together for determining caster level, how do I reflect this on the sheets?
If I set up a buff for Bless or any other melee attack enhancing effect, it will add to attack rolls, but not CMB rolls.  
Please don't enforce rounding in the class information boxes (BAB, saves, etc.). Enforcing rounded values will destroy the ability for games to use fractional multiclassing rules as per the Unchained variant option. The character sheet currently warns the player to enter a whole value, which is fine, but going any further will eliminate this option for campaigns who use the fractional model.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jason H. said: If I set up a buff for Bless or any other melee attack enhancing effect, it will add to attack rolls, but not CMB rolls.   you have to now pick both melee and ranged damage. sorry for the inconvenience, i was torn as to whether to make one bonus to damage for all, and then a melee/ranged version to split only if you had to use those narrower buffs,  but the code to do that (when you include the bonus types and stacking logic we have in beta) was a nightmare. For people who had buffs setup, v1.54 or 3 would have copied them over to "ranged damage" for you.

Edited 1496693049
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Anarchium said: Please don't enforce rounding in the class information boxes (BAB, saves, etc.). Enforcing rounded values will destroy the ability for games to use fractional multiclassing rules as per the Unchained variant option. The character sheet currently warns the player to enter a whole value, which is fine, but going any further will eliminate this option for campaigns who use the fractional model. you used to be able to use fractions, I will check it out to see if that broke. oh does it warn but not actually change it... i'm not sure if we can get rid of the warning, i will see. I verified you can still use fractions. I added a setting in the html that should stop that warning message. It will be available around Wednesday as part of our next bugfix build I sent in today.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kaeroku said: I seem to remember seeing this at some point, but it appears to have been disabled or hidden in recent updates:  If I have multiple casting classes but they add their class levels together for determining caster level, how do I reflect this on the sheets? that was never available, someone here uses the Circle of Power and they use the Abilities lists. Not sure what he uses for level, but you can possibly use the FCAlt column in the class list as one idea.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
CB said: The Linguistic skill and the Sleight of Hand skills, even though they are "Trained-Only" skills, are showing up in the Skills Menu (and able to roll) despite no ranks in the skill.  As far as I am aware of, the Knowledge skills are the only "Trained-Only" skills that you can roll untrained, so long as the DC is 10 or less. CB *Edited for grammar corrections and included the Sleight of Hand skill above* I put them in because of these two blurbs: Linguistics: Special : You must be trained to use this skill, but you can always attempt to read archaic and strange forms of your own racial bonus languages. In addition, you can also always attempt to detect a forgery. Sleight of Hand: Untrained : An untrained Sleight of Hand check is simply a Dexterity check. Without actual training, you can't succeed on any Sleight of Hand check with a DC higher than 10, except for hiding an object on your body
chris b. said: CB said: The Linguistic skill and the Sleight of Hand skills, even though they are "Trained-Only" skills, are showing up in the Skills Menu (and able to roll) despite no ranks in the skill.  As far as I am aware of, the Knowledge skills are the only "Trained-Only" skills that you can roll untrained, so long as the DC is 10 or less. CB *Edited for grammar corrections and included the Sleight of Hand skill above* I put them in because of these two blurbs: Linguistics: Special : You must be trained to use this skill, but you can always attempt to read archaic and strange forms of your own racial bonus languages. In addition, you can also always attempt to detect a forgery. Sleight of Hand: Untrained : An untrained Sleight of Hand check is simply a Dexterity check. Without actual training, you can't succeed on any Sleight of Hand check with a DC higher than 10, except for hiding an object on your body .....huh.  How did I miss that?  o.O Nevermind then, :) CB
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
the only thing i wonder is, is every untrained skill check exactly the same as an ability check, or not. Like, if you have a +1 bonus to ability checks but not skill checks, would you get it if untrained? There are very few instances of bonus to one but not the other. Currently I don't mix them up, which is probably simplest.

Edited 1496768449
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
chris b. said: the only thing i wonder is, is every untrained skill check exactly the same as an ability check, or not. Like, if you have a +1 bonus to ability checks but not skill checks, would you get it if untrained? There are very few instances of bonus to one but not the other. Currently I don't mix them up, which is probably simplest. Unlike Initiative that is called out as an ability check, Skill Checks(trained, untrained) are called "Skill Checks" &nbsp;Seems like they are NOT Ability checks "specifically". <a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills</a>
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I feel like I need a PHD to handle all these rules
chris b. said: I feel like I need a PHD to handle all these rules A PhD, or just a&nbsp; PH... B ? &nbsp;:D
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Joshua F. said: chris b. said: I feel like I need a PHD to handle all these rules A PhD, or just a&nbsp; PH... B ? &nbsp;:D Well, considering that's the wrong book... I'm going with PhD.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Tough crowd. &nbsp;lol
Vince said: Tough crowd. &nbsp;lol Right? &nbsp;I went for a classic on purpose. &nbsp;Besides, the Paizo book isn't a Player's Handbook. &nbsp;Oh well. &nbsp;
Its probably buried somewhere here or in the wiki but i was wondering if there is a easy way to set token macros based on these character sheets? &nbsp;
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You need to manually create them, but it's just a matter of referencing the roll button in question, which is done just like referencing an ability. I'd recommend making token actions of the&nbsp; various menus .
Scott C. said: You need to manually create them, but it's just a matter of referencing the roll button in question, which is done just like referencing an ability. I'd recommend making token actions of the&nbsp; various menus . Ok thank you.Would i need a different character sheet for each mob in a given fight? Like lets say i have three goblins would the each need a sheet linked to track names and stats? &nbsp;
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Give the&nbsp; linking tokens to journal entries wiki a read . It outlines the common ways of setting up mooks and NPCs/PCs.
That part i remember from when i used to run alot more on here a couple years ago. The issue i ran into is when i unlink it i lose all the token macros
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Don't unlink the token from the sheet it represents for a mook, merely unlink the bars you set after it has inherited the required value (specifically hitpoints for most mooks).