Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

Vince said: Just as you left the beta game... I noticed that Settings|Sheet Configuration|Encumbrance was set to "Ignore"  once I set it "Armor, Shield, and Load" (or anything but Ignore) ACP works. I should have thought of this earlier...  You may have to recalc the sheet or toggle the str and dex skills to get the acp penalty on Skills.  That fixed it instantly, I will forward this solution to my game and again a gigantic thanks for the time and effort you guys put into this. I would have never thought of that.
Love it but there's an attack on my character sheet I can't delete from any browser. Named it Damaged Entry for now...Any way to force-delete it?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Ugh. Haven't seen that in a while. You may need the Devs to get involved, possibly a corrupted row ID(<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4577476/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4577476/slug%7D</a>) Is there a red dashed border around the repeating attack Matthew?
I know I requested some time ago about possibly including a menu button for displaying the initiative notes and movement speed (possibly in the defense stats menu button), and another idea came to my mind as well to include in the defense stats: senses and languages. Senses come up more often for me, as a GM in regards to monsters, than it does for my players, but once in a while when we are roleplaying in character, there are those moments when we think "Oh wait, can we actually communicate with this exotic creature?" or "What language can we secretly converse in to another character?" If that is something others would like, it may be a worthwhile thing to have. &nbsp;In the meantime, I can make a macro, no problem, that can display the information desired - just a matter of figuring out if I want it as a global macro for everyone to use or simply a token action within each character sheet (probably the most time consuming to do with the copy/paste into each sheet, but that method ensures that it can't be used to glean information about other creatures). CB
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Did you notice the "Info" button in the initiative section CB. &nbsp;;-)
Well, I'll be damned, :)
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it, but I have a suggestion. &nbsp;It would really help me if the configurable buffs at the top of the sheet could alter the custom attributes on the custom tab. &nbsp;I use several of the custom attributes for tracking bonuses from spells and abilities. &nbsp;But it would more convenient if I could set them by checking and unchecking the buffs rather than manually editing the custom fields. Also, this sheet is GREAT. &nbsp;Thanks to everyone who has worked on it and contributed in any way. &nbsp;
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
What sorts of things are you tracking in the custom attributes?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I use it for Kinetic Burn, but I imagine they are useful for any class that has point pools like Ki, Panache, this and that. Sounds like a good idea
Hey, I just started using the sheet's full capabilities and its really good.&nbsp; I noticed a bug and wanted to make sure it had been recorded. I'm making a Barbarian who uses a Furious weapon, and its his only melee weapon so I just went ahead and added a +2 to both melee attack and melee damage in the buff section at the top.&nbsp; But the melee damage seems to bleed into ranged damage, as I have a javelin which is set to use my str bonus for damage as a thrown weapon, and it adds +4 to the damage roll even though strength bonus should only account for +2.
Magik
Sheet Author
Heya guys! I haven't been around much lately, sorry. My monk just made 16th and it looks like the sheet doesn't support the # of attacks he can deal out. At 16th, monk's get 7 attacks and can get 1 more from haste then another from ki strike (9 total). See the FAQ&nbsp; here . Mind adding another iterative attack entry? Thanks! Magik
Friends and I are starting to get into using this. We have a question. Small stupid one but can't seem to find an answer.&nbsp; Why does currency have weight and how can we disable this feature on the sheet?&nbsp;

Edited 1499468993
Merlin said: Friends and I are starting to get into using this. We have a question. Small stupid one but can't seem to find an answer.&nbsp; Why does currency have weight and how can we disable this feature on the sheet?&nbsp; Currency has weight because Paizo says it does: "The standard coin weighs about a third of an ounce (50 to the pound)." See p. 140 of the CRB or <a href="http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/equipment.html" rel="nofollow">http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/equipment.html</a> . I am not aware of any way to disable this rule.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Put your currency on the right side, (next to picture of chest) that is the non-carried currency.&nbsp; the left side (picture of bag) is the carried currency
Joe B. said: Merlin said: Friends and I are starting to get into using this. We have a question. Small stupid one but can't seem to find an answer.&nbsp; Why does currency have weight and how can we disable this feature on the sheet?&nbsp; Currency has weight because Paizo says it does: "The standard coin weighs about a third of an ounce (50 to the pound)." See p. 140 of the CRB or <a href="http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/equipment.html" rel="nofollow">http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/equipment.html</a> . I am not aware of any way to disable this rule. No group I've played with has ever used this rule though. I suppose it makes sense when dividing up a dragon horde or you get paid in gold bars or something. It just seems tedious. I also couldn't find the rules for that so thanks for the link at least.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep, most groups have just ignored it because playing pen and paper it's a pain to deal with, the sheet makes it so you can deal with it without having to spend half an hour after each exchange recalculating your weight.

Edited 1499476480
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Many groups have said they started using encumbrance because of the sheet. because it makes it easy. They go buy handy haversacks or bags of holding, when before they didn't. &nbsp;A lot of things are easier with computers, like you don't need quick rules vs rebuild rules, cause the rebuild rules take the same amount of time. As you can see, just 1000 gold is a lot of weight esp for a strength 10 character. &nbsp;In Die Hard with a Vengeance remember Samuel L. Jackson carrying one bar of gold? Imagine an even weaker wizard carrying that much on his belt pouch. but you can use the dropdown on Settings to change encumbrance to only use Armor instead (so it depends only on light, medium heavy) or to ignore both armor and load. Or just use the "other currency" fields to use the weight of other equipment but not gold.&nbsp;

Edited 1499481002
Magik
Sheet Author
It looks like the @{buff_Melee-total} is being displayed on the Attacks tab header instead of @{buff_CMB-total}. Further, it looks like the Total includes the sum of both Melee and CMB values. Is that expected? EDIT: Added screenshot.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Jonathon P. said: Hey, I just started using the sheet's full capabilities and its really good.&nbsp; I noticed a bug and wanted to make sure it had been recorded. I'm making a Barbarian who uses a Furious weapon, and its his only melee weapon so I just went ahead and added a +2 to both melee attack and melee damage in the buff section at the top.&nbsp; But the melee damage seems to bleed into ranged damage, as I have a javelin which is set to use my str bonus for damage as a thrown weapon, and it adds +4 to the damage roll even though strength bonus should only account for +2. I think Chris has this already worked this out in beta. &nbsp;Thanks for finding the bug.
Scott C. said: What sorts of things are you tracking in the custom attributes? I just started using them with my Magus. &nbsp;I have one that stores the amount of damage to add for Arcane Strike. &nbsp;I've got that one linked to a bubble on the token cause it changes so often. I also use them for setting the enhancement bonus I'm currently running on my sword. I find the custom attributes very helpful for tracking the individual skill bonuses I get from Heightened Awareness. &nbsp;I'm using the misc macro of the individual skills to add a custom attribute's value. &nbsp;Being able to toggle that value with a buff would simplify things.

Edited 1499738360
Darren O. said: Scott C. said: What sorts of things are you tracking in the custom attributes? I just started using them with my Magus. &nbsp;I have one that stores the amount of damage to add for Arcane Strike. &nbsp;I've got that one linked to a bubble on the token cause it changes so often. I also use them for setting the enhancement bonus I'm currently running on my sword. I find the custom attributes very helpful for tracking the individual skill bonuses I get from Heightened Awareness. &nbsp;I'm using the misc macro of the individual skills to add a custom attribute's value. &nbsp;Being able to toggle that value with a buff would simplify things. I'm not 100% sure if this is what you're asking for, but it might be helpful. The tick marker for the buffs is actually a boolean and sends a 0 or 1 if you call it in the chatbox. If you multiply that with custom attribute (or a part of it), it should be able to toggle the number between 0 (off) or a desired number (on).

Edited 1499926818
Okay I have a couple of macros that I am trying to figure out, but am having difficulty with. The first I want is a macro that rolls 1d6 + 1d6 at 3 ranks in Craft, + 1d6 per 2 ranks thereafter. Because the character in question is starting off at level 4, I decided it would be easier to start off with 2d6 then add (floor(((craft-ranks)-3)/2))d6. The following is the macro I have written so far, but it doesn't seem to work: [[((2d6 + (floor((@{Craft-ranks}-3)/2)))d6)]] The second , is a macro that rolls (( (2d6 +1d6 per 3 ranks in Craft) [Fire] + (2d6 + 1d6 per 3 ranks in Craft) [Bludgeoning] )). The following is the macro I have written so far, but doesn't seem to work: [[(2d6 + (floor(((@{Craft-ranks})/3)))d6 [bludgeoning] + (2d6 + (floor(((@{Craft-ranks})/3)))d6 [fire]]]

Edited 1499956072
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Try: [[ [[ceil(@{Craft-ranks}/2)]]d6 ]] And: [[ [[ceil(@{Craft-ranks}/2)]]d6 ]] [bludgeoning] +&nbsp;[[ [[ceil(@{Craft-ranks}/2)]]d6 ]] [fire] Edit to fix syntax
Ziechael said: Try: [[ [[ceil(@{Craft-ranks}/2]]d6 ]] And: [[ [[ceil(@{Craft-ranks}/2]]d6 ]] [bludgeoning] +&nbsp;[[ [[ceil(@{Craft-ranks}/2]]d6 ]] [fire] Okay I tried both of them out but am getting back with the error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'substring' of undefined Would it be helpful to know that I am trying to use this script within an Attack's: Extra Non-Crit Dmg (b) field?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ziechael said: Try: [[ [[ceil(@{Craft-ranks}/2)]]d6 ]] And: [[ [[ceil(@{Craft-ranks}/2)]]d6 ]] [bludgeoning] +&nbsp;[[ [[ceil(@{Craft-ranks}/2)]]d6 ]] [fire] Oops sorry... forgot a closing )! Edit above
Okay the macros are posting (which is good), but the equation is definitely off on the second. It is supposed to do 2d6 plus 1d6 per 3 ranks [bludgeoning] + 2d6 plus 1d6 per 3 ranks [fire]. Currently, the macro is only dealing 2d6 [bludgeoning] + 2d6 [fire].(even though the character has enough ranks to merit damage increase).
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ziechael said: Ziechael said: Try: [[ [[ceil(@{Craft-ranks}/2)]]d6 ]] And: [[ 2d6 + [[floor(@{Craft-ranks}/3)]]d6 ]] [bludgeoning] +&nbsp;[[ 2d6 + [[floor(@{Craft-ranks}/3)]]d6 ]] [fire] Oops sorry... forgot a closing )! Edit above Gah, misread the original, edit above!
Gah, misread the original, edit above! Thanks, works wonderfully.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
What is this that gets more damage for craft ranks? And can I use it on a gnome? (well i guess if only ranks count then any race could use it)
chris b. said: What is this that gets more damage for craft ranks? And can I use it on a gnome? (well i guess if only ranks count then any race could use it) Spheres of Might (the martial variant of Spheres of Power), includes spheres such as Trap and Alchemy, which create traps / alchemical items that deal damage based on the number of ranks you have in the relevant craft skill.

Edited 1499995852
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
I am having an import issue from HeroLab into Roll20. When importing a new NPC, everything imports but his spells. I have tried Chrome and Firefox, tried to import into 3 different games, used windows Vista,7, and 10. Tried 3 different PCs yet all the same results. I try other PCs and they work fine, just this one. I have run into similar issues like this before and they were due to the Configure Hero settings in HeroLab but never where just the spells do not import. Any ideas? UPDATE: My work around - Imported the character (obviously the spells do not import), then in HeroLab I deleted all equipment, magic items, feats, traits, etc., everything but the spells. Did the export to XML from HeroLab, perfomed the import into Roll20, the spells imported fine with a few minor issues that were fixed manually. So some feat, item, etc, is causing the issue here. If I have time, maybe I can track it down. Thanks
Hello, I wanted to ask to see if something could be done about the Carrying cap section. The issue that I've run into is that I look the Pathfinder&nbsp;Chronicler PrC, which gives a +4 Str bonus to your Light Load only. There are a few other things that only affect a certain load type. Would it be possible to add something to the sheet that allows a player to only affect a single load type? Thank you for your time.

Edited 1500400757
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Feature Request : Additional Buffs Could we have specific Buff options for Swim, Fly, and Swim? (Just as you have for Speed). Added: Buffs for Perception, and Knowledge Based Skill (that one is trained in) Also note: the Initiative Macro details on the Core page needs to have a Buff field indicator like the Ability Scores do so one can see what is modifying Initiative. Place it to the right of the 2 Cond indicators. Thank you.
Would it be possible for the spells list be more compact in the two column view? Currently the range of the spell is needlessly put on to a new row which makes the whole list longer than it should be. Thanks.
Feature Request : Additional Buffs can i have a way to buff concentration i have a +2 and no way to show in on the sheet that i can find
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
What buff gives a bonus to concentrate tration? there is a space on the spells tab to modify concentration, make sure you aren't in compact mode. It'll be right below the class name fields and right above the spells per day
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Also click "show more fields" right above the spell caster class section. it will expose a modifier for concentration bonus.
Hello, I am trying to link abilities to a token (like a barbarian's rage class feature, or a magus's arcane pool class feature). For it to be in one of the token's bars specifically. I cant seem to find anything from the attribute drop down listed to use. I found a work around by using the 'custom' section to put a new field in the 'attributes' section, which then adds it to the list for a token. I am hoping there is a more direct way to put something in the "abilities" section into a token's bar that I'm just missing.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes, token bars cannot be linked to fields in one of the variable length lists, only to a field outside of the lists. So using the custom fields is the way to do it. This is a limitation of Roll20.&nbsp;
aw well, good to know though. thank you! and at least there is a way to do it!
Is there any way to add dice (ie, +1d6) as a melee damage bonus on a buff, rather than a static value?

Edited 1501045472
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The macrotext fields used for buffs must resolve "on sheet". see footnotes at the bottom of the sheet; ⒜ Evaluated at edit time, must evaluate to number No queries Extended Expressions allowed You can add extra melee damage globally or per attack. &nbsp;You might even be able to use a buff as a boolean to toggle extra damage (apply only if the buff is on) example;&nbsp; create a buff then add a macro based off of your buff(grab the buff's id) to toggle the extra damage roll buff = off, extra damage is = "0" buff = on, extra damage is "[[1d6]]"
Have you advanced the API script in conjunction with the PF Character Sheet to the point where we can pull stat blocks from pfsrd20, PC Gen, and PFS session stat blocks,&nbsp; run them through JSON converter and then drop them into the Character Sheet? (or whatever the JSON is).

Edited 1501082769
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hey Xathos, I've been busy with work and haven't been able to keep up with the development of the script as well as I'd like. However, the Companion script can currently process statblocks from d20pfsrd.com or the paizo prd as long as they are converted to plain text and a few minor edits. The script also works with the statblocks generated by hero lab. I am working on getting PCGen's statblock output parsed correctly. The script should also work with statblocks from PDF's (again once they are converted to plain text and with the same edits as the d20pfsrd or prd). Take a look at the&nbsp; statblock import section of the current help document for all the details. With the sheer number of first party monsters there are, let alone the 3pp ones, I'm sure there are still creatures that do not parse correctly (and indeed, we have a QA list specifically for this). Scott
So I'm having a weird issue with the sheet. Whenever I enable more than 4 attacks (3 iteratives,) the resulting roll is only visible to whoever rolled it. I tried making a new attack and just enabling iteratives, and I get to my 5th attack, and it breaks again. Any 3 extra iteratives work, it doesn't have to be 1, 2, 3. Any clue what's going on? All my macro fields are saved here. <a href="https://pastebin.com/G4QnSL75" rel="nofollow">https://pastebin.com/G4QnSL75</a>
Scott C. said: Hey Xathos, I've been busy with work and haven't been able to keep up with the development of the script as well as I'd like. However, the Companion script can currently process statblocks from d20pfsrd.com or the paizo prd as long as they are converted to plain text and a few minor edits. The script also works with the statblocks generated by hero lab. I am working on getting PCGen's statblock output parsed correctly. The script should also work with statblocks from PDF's (again once they are converted to plain text and with the same edits as the d20pfsrd or prd). Take a look at the&nbsp; statblock import section of the current help document for all the details. With the sheer number of first party monsters there are, let alone the 3pp ones, I'm sure there are still creatures that do not parse correctly (and indeed, we have a QA list specifically for this). Scott Thanks for this and all the work. Is this Companion script already built into the sheet? I followed the link to GitHub and I just want to make sure before I download anything I don't need. This looks great. I just have to follow the instructions to get it to work right when I attempt. If I am reading the statblock import section right, we are doing this via the chat window. The plain text editor thing still gets me, (actually, it seems to me that there is no need to use the GM notes at all) but it seems to suggest that copying and pasting into the chat window will strip out formatting.&nbsp; Does this send the info directly to a character sheet? From the rest of it, I am getting the idea that we can put in an entire creature using the !pfc --parse|{{STATBLOCK TEXT}} Then use the !pfc --parse|@{CharacterName|character_id} to start the import. I think I can add an image as I always do once the character is built. Hopefully I have this right. Thanks again!
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You just need to put the {{statblock}} text after, it will create a new character for you. So you can do that before setting up the token.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
It's a companion API script, and as such is separate from the sheet (although it won't run if you don't have the correct sheet and version of the sheet installed
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I made a couple macros to help import statblocks with the companion script. &nbsp;One if I use gm notes on a token. and another if I want to insert plain text.