Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

Yes, the standard is 1 square = 1.5m, and the weight of the equipment is exactly halved on the manuals. 

Edited 1504932487
Hey all, really loving the new updates to the sheet!  (Particularly the common buffs dropdown, so nice to have) Quick question though (this may have been asked, but I did a quick sweep and couldn't find it) is there any way to change spell saving DCs for specific spells?  Feats and Traits like Spell Focus can make this number different for specific spells or schools of magic and I don't see any way to adjust the DCs for those feats/traits. EDIT:  Also, as a feature request it would be nice to be able to edit spell DCs as a buff for classes like Arcanist that can change those with class features.  I can just increase the casting stat by 2 to emulate this, but that can also change other dependent variables in a spell so it would be nice to have as a separate buff type. 2ndEDIT:  Nevermind, I found the option under "Show more fields" good show guys!
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
1.693 submitted should appear tues or wed: Fixes: Reverse changes that made token bar setting and updates slow. Hopefully this fixes issue. Slowness started after sheet:compendium-drop and setDefaultToken call added. That whole section has been commented out. Attack row crit confirm mod now updates when updating crit confirm at top Profession skills now reset from INT -mod back to WIS -mod; NOTE : it will rewrite any INT to WIS dropdowns on profession skills, so if you actually meant to change it, you will have to change it back to INT after the sheet updates. I could not fix them without doing this since the sheet can't tell if it was changed from WIS to INT deliberately by the user or during the 1.65 update. "Show more fields" links are darker to make them easier to see Repeating row sub-menus (ids, misc, description, macro, etc.) made narrower to try to avoid wrapping
Is anyone else having issues with attack notes / CMB notes not appearing on rolls? I have the sections ticked, but nothing shows up. Also (possibly related), didn't there used to be a thing that appeared on CMB rolls when you had the grappled condition, reminding you there was a +2 bonus to grapple checks? (negated attack penalty from being grappled) That doesn't seem to appear any more.

Edited 1505338443
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
i just saw it appear the other day with the new sheet (1.693) and was not having a problem with the grapple note or other notes if you create a new CMB attack do the notes appear correctly? 
Skates said: Is anyone else having issues with attack notes / CMB notes not appearing on rolls? I have the sections ticked, but nothing shows up. Also (possibly related), didn't there used to be a thing that appeared on CMB rolls when you had the grappled condition, reminding you there was a +2 bonus to grapple checks? (negated attack penalty from being grappled) That doesn't seem to appear any more. I have been having this issue for some time, but maybe it got fixed in the latest update. It only seems to happen when directly clicking the CMB attack button, not when a custom CMB attack is made.

Edited 1505667353
I'm having trouble with my character's "spells per day" table. In the "# left" column, the sheet is counting spells modified by meta-magic using the original spell level tab instead of the slot tab. So my silent, still, and persistent charm monster is being counted as a first level spell instead of a fifth level one. The spell list updates appropriately and places it in the fifth level list, it's only the "# left" column that's having a problem. For now I'm just skipping the meta-magic use and changing the level tab to get it counted right, it's easier to remember that the save DC is lower than to count the memorized spells manually. Also, just on the off chance, is there any trick to getting the sheet to run faster? The sheet updates/refreshes really slowly for me, and I know that's because of how much is going on, I just thought someone might have a suggestion. Edit: Just an update, the sheet is recording things right now. I'm assuming the mistake was on my end, but I'm still not sure what I did. Also, thanks to Mike W. The sheet does run a great deal faster in Chrome.

Edited 1505357688
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Jensen M In my group we have found the Chrome seems to be slightly faster than Firefox - updates and refreshing. Not much difference but it seems to be noticeable. Scrolling and using the form seems to be faster when used as a Windows Pop-out. However if doing imports from HeroLab we find the Firefox is faster importing than Chrome. Your milage may vary. Mike
I'm having a problem with my NPC's attack modifier always being 0 if i use the "parse" option manually. (mostly for importing npc's from the npc codex) if i change the BAB or ability or give them a misc bonus the bonus stays there for a second before being turned back to 0.   current API scripts: It's a trap! - Pathfinder theme, GroupInitiative, Aura/Tint Health Colors & dependency's
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ayra , if you hit recalc does it fix it (until you make another change)&nbsp; Jensen: wow thought we were counting by slot will fix that Speed : here are some ideas but it's mostly for GMs&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5429973/a-compre" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5429973/a-compre</a>... they just made some changes on the dev server that will allow us to speed up some calculations so we're looking forward to implementing those.

Edited 1505397720
Ayra
Plus
No hitting recalc does nothing unfortunately :\&nbsp; luckily the problem is only for sheets marked as npc's (or parsed), so my players don't have any problems, but it does make making npc codex encounters a pain.
Johnathan A. said: Skates said: Is anyone else having issues with attack notes / CMB notes not appearing on rolls? I have the sections ticked, but nothing shows up. Also (possibly related), didn't there used to be a thing that appeared on CMB rolls when you had the grappled condition, reminding you there was a +2 bonus to grapple checks? (negated attack penalty from being grappled) That doesn't seem to appear any more. I have been having this issue for some time, but maybe it got fixed in the latest update. It only seems to happen when directly clicking the CMB attack button, not when a custom CMB attack is made. You're right, I can confirm it appears on attack rolls, but not when rolling CMB directly. It definitely used to work on a straight CMB roll before though, because I always use that as the go-to button for players and NPCs during a tussle.
My group noticed this week that for existing ranged attacks damage from "dmg ability" is not working or is using an incorrect value. New ranged attacks do not seem to have this problem. Switching the attack from ranged to melee to ranged fixes the bug.

Edited 1505589859
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jensen M. said: I'm having trouble with my character's "spells per day" table. In the "# left" column, the sheet is counting spells modified by meta-magic using the original spell level tab instead of the slot tab.&nbsp; On my sheet it is using the slot tab to count them correctly. You can try setting the slot to something else then back, and that will force a recount. (Also make sure the #left to the left of the spell name is 1 or more, sounds silly but just in case)
Hey guys! &nbsp;I have a quick couple nuisances that have popped up and I'm not certain if they are specific to me or if others are experiencing them as well: 1. When I attempt to make an attack from a spell (using the "Create Atk" button in the Attacks and Damage section of the spell entry) it fails to actually create an attack in the attacks tab (Even with attack type, damage, and damage type filled in). &nbsp;I have looked for information on this, but if that is not what the "Create Atk" button is supposed to do I'm not really certain what it is supposed to do. 2. The Damage macro box for spells (under Attacks and Damage) is now fixed-width. &nbsp;I can extend it vertically, but not horizontally with the click-and-drag arrow. &nbsp;Not sure if this is intentional (or accidentally introduced with the fix to default width), but it makes writing macros in there quite difficult as it only has space for 2 characters per line. &nbsp;Here is a screenshot:
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@DarthMask I confirm both are bugs.&nbsp; ;-(&nbsp; We'll try and get those fixed for this week's update.
Hi guys, i´m trying to set up a few npcs about the statblock. Now i´m having the following problem:&nbsp; If the statblock value for a attack has more +dmg then 9, the value i get after parse is something with minus. For example, if i inser Melee: Claw +10 (2d6+8) everything is fine. If i inser: Claw +10 (2d6+14) after i hit parse i have a completely wrong value in my sheet. i hope u can&nbsp;reproduce my error and give me a solution or work arround, thx. PS: Sorry for my bad english it´s not my first language.
I'm having a minor issue, more an annoyance than anything. Using the spell section and a number of empty spells have appeared in all levels of the page. Every time I delete one it instantly reappears and I can't get rid of them. Have tried in and out of popped out mode.&nbsp; Thoughts?
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
I had a similar issue with equipment, it kept adding 2 pieces of equipment. It was only &nbsp;happenign to one PC. Are these spells outlined in a Red dashed line like an error? The only way I was able to fix mine was to create a whole new character sheet.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Gareth P. said: I'm having a minor issue, more an annoyance than anything. Using the spell section and a number of empty spells have appeared in all levels of the page. Every time I delete one it instantly reappears and I can't get rid of them. Have tried in and out of popped out mode.&nbsp; Thoughts? Was this an older character Gareth?&nbsp; Meaning a character that was created over a year ago.&nbsp; There was an issue between updating the sheet as well as changes to roll20 that caused issues with repeating rows similar to what you are describing.&nbsp; If you do see a repeating row that has a red dashed border around it, delete it and close/reopen your sheet before trying to add another repeating row.&nbsp;&nbsp;
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
when they come back like that, yes there has been nothing i could do to eliminate them. you could open a bug report and they could maybe delete it from the database, but I don't know if the do that anymore. The only thing to do is create a new sheet. or minimize it and ignore it. changing dropdowns to put them on an unused tab probably won't work but you could try
So, I know this one is going back a while (as the feature was added a while ago), but I really just go around to using it now. I've having some trouble with an investigator's inspiration. I understand how to use the "add skill bonus" field, and I've got the macro down fine. My problem is this then adds to every skill roll. So here's the situation. My investigator player has roughly seven or so skills where they can freely use inspiration without any cost. So in those cases, I have no problem with auto-adding the roll. For the rest of her skills, she can choose to spend inspiration, but will not necessarily do so on every roll. And normally, I'd prefer to do it as a Yes/No dropdown for those skills. But I haven't exactly figured out where this would need to be added to the macros for those skills. The Misc fields don't seem to work. I can do it in the note fields, and have it show as a separate total, but that's...not exactly what I was hoping for. So how exactly do I differentiate between the two? And where do I need to modify the existing skill macros for those skills I want the drop-down box on, but ONLY those skills? Apologies up front for being only a rudimentary macro user, because I'm probably not explaining this well. :)
when i use the companion script to activate/deactivate buffs the damage modifier and total don't update even if the attributes do. i'm using customa1-mod for power attack in the damage macro field of the repeating attack and effects augmenting strenght, neither works. the total attack increases rather then decreasing when i use the script, while clicking on the "enabled" button works fine. This is the API output console message "TypeError: Cannot read property 'substring' of undefined\n at TrackedObj._validateAttrs (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:787:21)\n at TrackedObj.set (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:858:18)\n at tokWorker (apiscript.js:1467:25)\n at updateAllTokens (apiscript.js:1493:41)\n at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:109:7)" "%c Notice: %c caught STR-mod event: api " "%c Notice: %c caught DEX-mod event: api " "%c Notice: %c caught CON-mod event: api " "%c Notice: %c PFSkills updateAbilityBasedSkills getting array: " "%c Notice: %c [array]:========================================= " "CS-Athletics,Climb,Swim" "%c Notice: %c ========================================================= " "%c Notice: %c PFSkills updateAbilityBasedSkills getting array: " "%c Notice: %c [array]:========================================= " "Acrobatics,CS-Acrobatics,CS-Finesse,CS-Stealth,Disable-Device,Escape-Artist,Fly,Ride,Sleight-of-Hand,Stealth" "%c Notice: %c ========================================================= " "%c Notice: %c PFSkills updateAbilityBasedSkills getting array: " "%c Notice: %c [array]:========================================= " "" "%c Notice: %c ========================================================= " "TypeError: Cannot read property 'substring' of undefined\n at TrackedObj._validateAttrs (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:787:21)\n at TrackedObj.set (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:858:18)\n at tokWorker (apiscript.js:1467:25)\n at updateAllTokens (apiscript.js:1493:41)\n at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:109:7)" "TypeError: Cannot read property 'substring' of undefined\n at TrackedObj._validateAttrs (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:787:21)\n at TrackedObj.set (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:858:18)\n at tokWorker (apiscript.js:1467:25)\n at updateAllTokens (apiscript.js:1493:41)\n at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:109:7)" "SHEET WORKER ERROR: You attempted to set an attribute beginning with 'repeating_' but did not include a Row ID or Attribute Name in repeating_weapon_total-damage" "SHEET WORKER ERROR: You attempted to set an attribute beginning with 'repeating_' but did not include a Row ID or Attribute Name in repeating_weapon_total-damage" "SHEET WORKER ERROR: You attempted to set an attribute beginning with 'repeating_' but did not include a Row ID or Attribute Name in repeating_weapon_total-damage" "SHEET WORKER ERROR: You attempted to set an attribute beginning with 'repeating_' but did not include a Row ID or Attribute Name in repeating_weapon_total-damage" "SHEET WORKER ERROR: You attempted to set an attribute beginning with 'repeating_' but did not include a Row ID or Attribute Name in repeating_weapon_total-damage" "SHEET WORKER ERROR: You attempted to set an attribute beginning with 'repeating_' but did not include a Row ID or Attribute Name in repeating_weapon_total-damage" "SHEET WORKER ERROR: You attempted to set an attribute beginning with 'repeating_' but did not include a Row ID or Attribute Name in repeating_weapon_total-damage" "SHEET WORKER ERROR: You attempted to set an attribute beginning with 'repeating_' but did not include a Row ID or Attribute Name in repeating_weapon_total-damage" "SHEET WORKER ERROR: You attempted to set an attribute beginning with 'repeating_' but did not include a Row ID or Attribute Name in repeating_weapon_total-damage" "SHEET WORKER ERROR: You attempted to set an attribute beginning with 'repeating_' but did not include a Row ID or Attribute Name in repeating_weapon_total-damage" "SHEET WORKER ERROR: You attempted to set an attribute beginning with 'repeating_' but did not include a Row ID or Attribute Name in repeating_weapon_total-damage" "SHEET WORKER ERROR: You attempted to set an attribute beginning with 'repeating_' but did not include a Row ID or Attribute Name in repeating_weapon_total-damage"
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks for the report Marco. Could you vault this character into the beta game,and I'll work on getting this fixed.
done, it's named "vigilante" and the macros are in the abilities
Sorry if this is the wrong spot, but I'm having issues with the Pathfinder (Legacy Layout) sheet. If there is another thread specifically for that layout, I failed to find it and I apologize. When I put any text into the Defensive Abilities and Weaknesses field, and close out, it doesn't save. Other fields (DR, Immune, Resist, Auras...) work fine. Tested multiple times. So far I've tried leaving my game and re-joining. I've tried going into a completely different game/campaign of mine. No luck. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Edited 1506265800
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Jack C. This thread is for the current Pathfinder-Neceros sheet.&nbsp; The Pathfinder (old/legacy) sheet is no longer being supported, but I'll have a look. update: added PR:<a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/3026" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/3026</a>
Thanks Vince! I really appreciate you taking the time to do that. My group tried to use the new sheet when it was still very new, and at the time it had a bug we couldn't work around. But now that I know it has got such an active sheet author, I'll definitely use it for my next campaign.
Sebastian F. said: Hi guys, i´m trying to set up a few npcs about the statblock. Now i´m having the following problem:&nbsp; If the statblock value for a attack has more +dmg then 9, the value i get after parse is something with minus. For example, if i inser Melee: Claw +10 (2d6+8) everything is fine. If i inser: Claw +10 (2d6+14) after i hit parse i have a completely wrong value in my sheet. (its 2d6-4) i hope u can&nbsp;reproduce my error and give me a solution or work arround, thx. PS: Sorry for my bad english it´s not my first language. Hello again, is this the right place for my problem?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Sorry Sebastian, yes, this is the right place for your problem. However, Chris, who is the Mastermind behind the statblock importer is swamped with work at the moment. He'll get to it as soon as he can though. I've put a bug report into the team's board so that we can track it better. Thank you for the report.
On the spells tab, in the "Spells / Day" section, the "# Used" column is set to 0 whenever I click Recalc and have "Total spells manually" selected. I have Spontaneous selected for "Casting Type", and I have "Total spells manually" checked. &nbsp;I manually enter the number of spells used, but whenever I click Recalc (unrelated to spells), the value is zeroed out. &nbsp;If I unselect "Total spells manually" and enter the values in the individual spell's "# Used" column, the totaling does function correctly when clicking Recalc. &nbsp;For tracking spontaneous casting spell use, however, it is easier to just use "Total spells manually" (unless a "Zero All # Used" button was added that cleared "# Used" for all spells).
When I set my gold to 0 in the Equipment setting it still shows me as having gold weight, is there a way to fix this?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Brusana said: When I set my gold to 0 in the Equipment setting it still shows me as having gold weight, is there a way to fix this? Are you adjusting "Carried Currency"?&nbsp; If so, does a recalc correct the problem?
I just want to pop in again to thank all the amazing guys working on this project.&nbsp; You guys are amazing and what you do is as close to magic as we get in this crazy world.&nbsp; Heartfelt thanks guys from myself and my gaming group.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Joel W. said: I just want to pop in again to thank all the amazing guys working on this project.&nbsp; You guys are amazing and what you do is as close to magic as we get in this crazy world.&nbsp; Heartfelt thanks guys from myself and my gaming group. Thank you for your kind words Joel.&nbsp; Much appreciated by ALL involved.&nbsp; Cheers
How can I add a dice roll to a skill? My investigator gets the 1d6 inspiration for free every time he rolls a certain set of skills. I've tried [[ 1d6 ]] in the equation field but that doesn't seem to work anymore (I'm fairly sure it used to a few months ago when I last used this character)
Natan E., The "Misc Macro" field is evaluated at edit time (it is type "a"), so it cannot have dice rolls.&nbsp; However, rolls can be added to the "Macro" field (it is type "d").&nbsp; There is a section in the macro that reads {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Acrobatics} ]] ]]}} change it to read {{Check=[[ @{skill-query} + [[ @{Acrobatics} ]] + [[ 1d6 ]] ]]}} That should do it.&nbsp; One caveat with this, though, is that you now have a customized skill roll, so pay attention to the warning regarding customized skill rolls in the first post of this forum. Good luck!
Thanks! I was hoping I'd be able to avoid having to customize the macro, cuz then I have to double check after every update if it's still working ;)
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
hopefully skills won't change :)&nbsp; i don't think anything is coming up. the change we made in 1.6 was to try to make the sheet faster. not sure what else to do. A few people have requested a place to put /em descriptions in front of rolls (right now they have to be at the end and you have to customize the macro) that might be it, but those probably will go in the buttons not the macro, so nothing to change.
Is it possible to turn off the display of the attack roll modifier for "dual wield" attacks (the 12, 12 and 7 shown here) ?

Edited 1506725566
One of my players has noticed a bug with older sheets (specifically one that was archived for a while):&nbsp; If you try to add a new piece of armor to the sheet, you cannot input any values to it other than weight and quantity. Ended up having to make a new sheet to avoid the bug
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Did the armor attributes arrow not work? If they don't show up make sure you are in expanded mode. there is a "mode" button next to the Pathfinder logo. Compact mode hides most of the fields.
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Martin said: Is it possible to turn off the display of the attack roll modifier for "dual wield" attacks (the 12, 12 and 7 shown here) ? Under "Iterative Atks", you can remove the attack bonus from the "Custom Name" field.
New to all this and having trouble googling an answer.&nbsp; How do i get the current/supported Pathfinder sheet into my game?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You can choose which character sheet template to use when you create a new game.&nbsp; (from Roll20's top menu; Games&gt;Start a New Game) Choose "Pathfinder" which is the standard Pathfinder-neceros community sheet. If you want to change a sheet of an existing game (usually not recommended since you may encounter attribute issues between different sheets), go to your "My Games" page (from Roll20's top menu; Games&gt;My Games), click on your existing game's title, from the Settings dropdown, select Game Settings and change the character sheet template, save and enter your game.&nbsp; Add new characters using the sidebar's journal tab (+Add button)&nbsp; Cheers

Edited 1506847458
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Jennifer R. said: One of my players has noticed a bug with older sheets (specifically one that was archived for a while):&nbsp; If you try to add a new piece of armor to the sheet, you cannot input any values to it other than weight and quantity. Ended up having to make a new sheet to avoid the bug
Paul W. said: My group noticed this week that for existing ranged attacks damage from "dmg ability" is not working or is using an incorrect value. New ranged attacks do not seem to have this problem. Switching the attack from ranged to melee to ranged fixes the bug. This bug is still occurring. The "dmg ability" is not applying correctly for ranged attacks. The 8 dmg is from +5 enc and +3 dmg mod.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm not able to reproduce... ;-( What should your total damage be?&nbsp; Total attack 41, wow!&nbsp; Is that correct?&nbsp; What is your Dex Paul?&nbsp; Any related buffs?&nbsp; There's currently a bug with the damage multiplier resetting it's value to 1 when using the recalc button, but that shouldn't matter here. Anyone else seeing this?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
you can reset all the attacks (old and new) at once by going to the Settings screen,&nbsp; Migrations uncheck "Ability and attack type dropdowns" then hit Recalc it should fix the old rows
The attack multiplier is not working when you set it to 1.5&nbsp; for two handed swords. It initially does the correct calculation, but then it will change to being incorrect. To reproduce create a character with 16 STR, which is a +3 mod. 1.5 * STR should be 4.5, rounded down to 4. It shows this initially when I come into Roll20, and can even do a few rolls. But when I recalculate the sheet twice (or make changes twice) it goes from 4 to 3. If I set it to 2 * STR it goes to 6 as it should, and if I set it back to 1.5 * STR it will go back to 4 again, but then will change itself back to 3 shorty.&nbsp; I have tried in Chrome and Firefox and get the same issue.&nbsp; Here is a screenshot.