Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

Reversion?
chris b. said: sorry, i will ask them to revert I put in a PR to just revert the update&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>...
Oh right sorry I missed a few posts
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Needle44 said: Reversion? The code will be reverted back to what it was before the last pull request.&nbsp; I just did a quick check and I believe the code has been successfully reverted.&nbsp;
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
It has indeed: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6002775/pathfinder-char-sheet-not-updating" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6002775/pathfinder-char-sheet-not-updating</a>
Why in the Dawnflower's limitless mercy is Save DC a hardcoded value?! Spell/Elemental Focus, Heighten Spell, elemental races... Do you have any idea how many ways there are to raise save DCs?
Kefke said: Why in the Dawnflower's limitless mercy is Save DC a hardcoded value?! Spell/Elemental Focus, Heighten Spell, elemental races... Do you have any idea how many ways there are to raise save DCs? +2 for that first line.&nbsp; Using that.&nbsp;&nbsp; In each spell entry, there's a Misc dropdown where you can increase CL, Save DC, Spell Pen mod, etc.&nbsp; Yeah, kinda sucks you can't adjust it globally, but I'm afraid of how much weight that'd add to the sheet.&nbsp;&nbsp; If you knew this already, I apologize if it sounds patronizing at all.&nbsp; I just know how easy it is to miss stuff on this huge sheet.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
It is not directly editable, it is however changeable through the additional fields of a spell:
I stumbled upon it quite by accident after the fact. Super annoying that the field is hidden by default.
Suggestion: On the spells tab, under Spellcasting Class & Level, it would be useful if the Base Level box accepted macro calculations for characters taking prestige classes that add caster levels to their base class, such as Eldritch Knight and Dragon Disciple, among others.
Jason H. said: Suggestion: On the spells tab, under Spellcasting Class & Level, it would be useful if the Base Level box accepted macro calculations for characters taking prestige classes that add caster levels to their base class, such as Eldritch Knight and Dragon Disciple, among others. There is a Misc field that you can turn on by clicking "Show more options" or something like that in the top left corner. It would allow you to input the additional levels as well as any from traits, feats, or etc.
Kefke said: I stumbled upon it quite by accident after the fact. Super annoying that the field is hidden by default. The field is hidden by default to allow less clutter. Personally, I turn on all three of the advanced options in the settings menu which expands everything with the show more option, adds several extra fields, and allows editing of macros. All of which I mess with and have fun messing with. However, many newer players would get lost by all the additional things tacked on, so I feel hiding some of the stuff under one button allows for easier use of the sheet for them.
It was nice to discover that I can automatically apply templates to NPCs from the NPC tab. I was wondering if there is any way I can add my own template to that drop list? If not, is there any way as a Pro subscriber i could build my own template in a script to feed the pf sheet ? thanks
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kefke said: I stumbled upon it quite by accident after the fact. Super annoying that the field is hidden by default. they used to be visible by default, but according to the massive survey we took about a year ago the majority of users found it super annoying, they wanted a simple default appearance for new players and users, and the ability to opt into to all the extra misc fields. Base Level box accepted macro calculations for characters taking prestige classes that add caster levels to their base class, such as Eldritch Knight and Dragon Disciple, among others If you show the "extra field" near the top of the spells page, i think the extra "misc" adjust is indeed a macro. At some point i changed almost all misc from #s to macros. My huge work project might end in mid feb which will give me more time. we're only 1.25 years late! (converting the supply chain system)

Edited 1516915357
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mat said: It was nice to discover that I can automatically apply templates to NPCs from the NPC tab. I was wondering if there is any way I can add my own template to that drop list? If not, is there any way as a Pro subscriber i could build my own template in a script to feed the pf sheet ? thanks if there are particular ones in the SRD you want let us know. we have requests for more we just haven't done much beyond the Simple ones since those could be implemented and reversed easily. there are a few bugs we still have and issues left from the survey last year still on the list. the only other way would be to use either: Herolab - create the monster there then export it and import into the sheet CombatManager (free), create your monsters and apply templates, then you can cut and paste the statblock Anything that generates a valid statblock, or a herolab file
Sorry if this has been posted already. But I could not find an answer. When I drag over a spell from the compendium, it does not make a damage macro. Do we have to make one on our own?
Another question. When I first opened the sheet. I saw the ability to edit a weapons damage. Now I see nothing.&nbsp; <a href="https://goo.gl/7wTw5S" rel="nofollow">https://goo.gl/7wTw5S</a> I also expected the damage to be copied overform the compendium. But it did not.
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nick said: Another question. When I first opened the sheet. I saw the ability to edit a weapons damage. Now I see nothing.&nbsp; <a href="https://goo.gl/7wTw5S" rel="nofollow">https://goo.gl/7wTw5S</a> I also expected the damage to be copied overform the compendium. But it did not. It looks like the weapon entry is collapsed; click the triangle between the "0" and the roll button.
James W. said: Nick said: Another question. When I first opened the sheet. I saw the ability to edit a weapons damage. Now I see nothing.&nbsp; <a href="https://goo.gl/7wTw5S" rel="nofollow">https://goo.gl/7wTw5S</a> I also expected the damage to be copied overform the compendium. But it did not. It looks like the weapon entry is collapsed; click the triangle between the "0" and the roll button. Thanks
I've noticed a small bug with the sheet, the currency weight doesn't register 0 as an update number and so it can never be reduced back to 0 even with manual recalculations (lowest is 0.02 for 1 'coin' in any of the boxes though if you change to 0 from higher it also doesn't update leaving the last known number above 1 as the weight calculation total.) Mild inconvenience but a bug none the less. (I didn't see a bug report method on the sheet so I chose the comment option instead, apologies if there was another way to do this)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
This is the right place for posting bugs.&nbsp; We have a trello board that we use to help with sheet feature requests, development, bug tracking, etc.&nbsp; I'll add your bug to the list.&nbsp; Thanks&nbsp;&nbsp;
I have also found what I think is a bug. It is similar to the sheet not updating, but it's only for one thing I've found so far since everything else updates appropriately. I was trying to add in the +4 you get per 10ft above 30ft movement you get to Acrobatics Jump manually and was using this formula for it&nbsp;[[((@{speed-modified}-30)/10)*4]]. When I first put that in it accurately represents the number at the time, but if I change my speed by any means either a buff or the base the speed modified box changes, but it isnt represented with that formula automatically. If I cut the exact formula and paste it back it then updates to the appropriate number however. I tried this as a buff to a skill misc mod I made using the buffs in addition to testing just adding it directly to the misc mod for the specific skill. The number listed as the buff didn't change similar to the misc mod not changing, so I do not think it is an issue with the misc mod. If I used the command in chat utilizing the correct character sheet it also came back with the appropriate number. So it seems like it's just not updating since if I manually update it through cut and paste it works.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@ RandomGnome I can confirm that the skill's misc field does not automatically trigger a recalc of that skill's value when the misc value changes due to an ancillary attribute change. ie a change to @{speed-modified} used within the misc macro field does not update the misc value as expected.&nbsp; I'll add this to our bug list and we'll look at the event handlers used on the skill misc mod and see if we can get it straightened out. Thanks for finding the bug.

Edited 1518198691
Awesome. I also want to mention that when I created a buff to do the same the buff number also was not updated. I originally was silly and created a buff and used @{customa1-mod} to add to misc mod instead of just putting the formula into the misc mod and when watching the buff number in the buff section it also was not updating. Not sure if they are related, but wanted to let you know about that as well.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
When you created a buff, how were you applying it to your acrobatics skill?

Edited 1518206497
so I created the buff as Bonus customa1. I then put the formula from earlier in the Buff Calc section. As soon as I did this the appropriate number appeared in the buff section and in the top where it lists all active buffs when set to active. If I changed speed through a buff or base speed the Buff number did not change. If I cut and pasted the formula it then changed to the appropriate number. Similar to the misc mod not updating. I had used this method on a previous sheet with customa1 and it had no problem updating. The only issue I've come across is updating based off speed-modified for some reason. Edit: I then added it to misc by putting @{customa1-mod} but even if that did work the number listed in buff wasn't being updated anyway to then be applied to the misc mod.

Edited 1518212093
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks RandomGnome.&nbsp; I'll include the additional info with the bug report. For now, I would just add the additional mod to acrobatics notes. edit: Shouldn't you use base speed, not speed-modified for the jump mod? [[ ((@{speed-base}-30)/10)*4 ]]
Yup that was the plan. Just wanted to let you know, so it can eventually be fixed. Absolutely love the sheet as a whole since it makes everything so much easier to manage, so thanks for all your hard work
Hmmm you are correct, but I was adding in class buffs since I have a class with an ability that can be turned on and off that increases Base Speed, so I have that added in as a buff and thus needed to do Speed Modified since there is no auto way to change @{speed-base} with buffs. I tested @{speed-base} and that seems to update fine, so it would seem it's an issue with @{speed-modified} being updated.

Edited 1518271255
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
i bet speed-modified is being set with silent:true so it is not triggering calcs, you could test it by putting the same calc on the custom page and watch it not work. our go live is this weekend i worked like 16 hour days all last week and now so.. maybe in 2 weeks i can fix stuff on the sheet there are a lot of bugs in the sheet ugh
My group and I are noticing that both the Value and Weight of items are not properly multiplying to the "Weight and Value" boxes accordingly,&nbsp;when multiple quantities are used. Most of the time, despite there being a stack of ten of an object, the gold value and weight remain what only one of that item would be. This forces us to use calculators for weight and gold 100% of the time.&nbsp;

Edited 1518631397
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Kyle D. said: My group and I are noticing that both the Value and Weight of items are not properly multiplying to the "Weight and Value" boxes accordingly,&nbsp;when multiple quantities are used. Most of the time, despite there being a stack of ten of an object, the gold value and weight remain what only one of that item would be. This forces us to use calculators for weight and gold 100% of the time.&nbsp; Seems that the Max attribute is buggy. In my quick testing, as long as I leave Max at 1 and only adjust Qty, the weight and value adjust as expected.&nbsp; If Max&gt;1, Qty=1 for weight and value calculations regardless of the actual Qty.&nbsp; ;-(&nbsp; I'll add it to our bug list.&nbsp;
Is there currently a way to have a buff that adds (or subtracts) directly to the save DC of all spells (and spell-like abilities)? The reason why I ask is due to a specific template from the Horror Adventures book, namely the Dread Lord template.&nbsp; A Dread Lord could have the Magical Mastery ability, which boosts the caster level and saving throw DCs of all spells and spell-like abilities it casts/uses, but only within the confines of its domain. I know I can do it with the caster level but I don't know how to do it for saving throw DCs (other than manually inputting the value for each spell and spell-like ability). CB

Edited 1518633831
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@CB Not currently, but it's on our list of future enhancements.
Vince said: @CB Not currently, but it's on our list of future enhancements. Thanks, Vince.&nbsp; I had not checked out the list of future enhancement before. CB
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
It's on our&nbsp; Trello board . There isn't an easy way copy the entire list from Trello, so I just took a screen shot.&nbsp; DC buffs have come up before.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vince said: Kyle D. said: My group and I are noticing that both the Value and Weight of items are not properly multiplying to the "Weight and Value" boxes accordingly,&nbsp;when multiple quantities are used. Most of the time, despite there being a stack of ten of an object, the gold value and weight remain what only one of that item would be. This forces us to use calculators for weight and gold 100% of the time.&nbsp; Seems that the Max attribute is buggy. In my quick testing, as long as I leave Max at 1 and only adjust Qty, the weight and value adjust as expected.&nbsp; If Max&gt;1, Qty=1 for weight and value calculations regardless of the actual Qty.&nbsp; ;-(&nbsp; I'll add it to our bug list.&nbsp; this is how it's supposed to work. Max is only for things like quivers of arrows where the weight is for the whole group, and you can use the current # to count down. To have the # multiply by the amount, set max to 1 or 0, then cause then there is no "max" amount of items.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
CB said: Is there currently a way to have a buff that adds (or subtracts) directly to the save DC of all spells (and spell-like abilities)? The reason why I ask is due to a specific template from the Horror Adventures book, namely the Dread Lord template.&nbsp; A Dread Lord could have the Magical Mastery ability, which boosts the caster level and saving throw DCs of all spells and spell-like abilities it casts/uses, but only within the confines of its domain. I know I can do it with the caster level but I don't know how to do it for saving throw DCs (other than manually inputting the value for each spell and spell-like ability). CB no but since we changed the DC to a macro, you could have it set to add based on a buff row checkbox as a workaround. oh ... but to do it on a certain school/domain? that is not possible right now, the DC mod there is just a number box. if it doesn't change much you can do it manually for each spell.

Edited 1518819831
Trying to find a way to add&nbsp;+ ?{Modifier|0} or the equivalent (something to add a variable to the roll) to the character sheet; say to add it to a skill check. How would you do this without rewriting the sheet? or is it possible to add a variable to the rolls from it?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
There isn't a sheet-wide option to include a query with rolls, but it's usually easy to include them manually within macro-text fields.&nbsp; Do you have some specefic rolls you would like to add them to? For skills there is a method built into the sheet within the Skill Options section. &nbsp;
Vince said: There isn't a sheet-wide option to include a query with rolls, but it's usually easy to include them manually within macro-text fields.&nbsp; Do you have some specefic rolls you would like to add them to? For skills there is a method built into the sheet within the Skill Options section. &nbsp; Skills was actually what I was looking for; and got what you showed to work. Hopefully it will work for the player that was wanting it for his ranger's favored terrain/enemies.

Edited 1519309643
I'd like to make a feature request. My Pathfinder arcanist has multiple spellbooks, and most (but not all) of his spells are duplicated across his spellbooks.&nbsp; It would be useful to have a toggleable feature that allows for: associating spells with one or more spellbooks filtering spells based upon being in a specific spellbook or combination of spellbooks (so as to be able to tell which spells can be prepared if not all spellbooks are available) filtering spells that are in some, but not all, of the available spellbooks (since this effectively lists the spells that haven't been fully transcribed to all books) The lack of ability to fluidly represent this information in my Roll20 character sheet has kept me from obsoleting the need for my character's spreadsheet at the virtual table.
Hey, can we maybe stop using Attributes as a sheet's cfg file? I'd much rather if this wasn't clogged up with like five pages of config variables every time I look at it. If I change a setting it comes back, or ALL of them do if I close the window and reopen it. Or if this is somehow intentional, which would baffle me to tears, how do I stop it?

Edited 1519670225
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There's nothing we can do about that. Many things have to be set as attributes in order for older sheets to migrate properly, so we can't even have "on" as the default for that reason. So a new sheet has a lot of attributes setup right away at the beginning. Otherwise any older sheet would automatically break when opened.&nbsp; The only way around it is to start a pathfinder 2 sheet, which would eliminate all the backward compatible code and fields. That would probably be a faster sheet. it's just we can barely support this one. Plus that is just a reset, since people will want new or different features, and then the config variables will start coming back. Also you should not be changing those values there. Change it either on the Settings page (the gear next to the Pathfinder logo) or if you're the GM change it on the campaign settings page so it affects all sheets. All you can do is drag those down lower.&nbsp;But really there are so many attributes that that tab is practically useless for finding anything, which is why we have the mouseover title text to tell you the name, and we created the "custom" page so users could create their own attributes without having to scroll down a thousand attributes to find the one they want, you just have to use the clunky "customa4" names we created. However i am working on eliminating some things that show up, because they should not be set since they are defaults, but not the config variables, those will have to stay.

Edited 1519670164
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
redyoshi49q said: I'd like to make a feature request. My Pathfinder arcanist has multiple spellbooks, and most (but not all) of his spells are duplicated across his spellbooks.&nbsp; It would be useful to have a toggleable feature that allows for: associating spells with one or more spellbooks .... we will look into this. My first idea was to allow custom groups like the attacks, but right now there is no ability for one spell in multiple-groups. Though we sort of implemented that on the items list. it's just then there's more to slow things down.
Now that Roll20 will be providing content from Paizo, starting with the first adventure in the War of the Crown adventure path in March, they also stated that they will have an official Pathfinder character sheet.&nbsp; How will that affect the custom Pathfinder character sheet you guys have made?&nbsp; Will it be retired or will you guys devote less time and effort on updating it with new features? CB
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The latest news is bitter sweet. I can't speak for the other's, but I feel we should take a "wait and see" approach.&nbsp; I have no doubt that the roll20's PF sheet will be excellent.&nbsp; They have the luxury of building a new sheet from the ground up, without the baggage of 3+ years of old code and having to cobble together fixes to make the old code work with all the changes that roll20 has made over the years. I'm sure they have learned a thing or three on how best to integrate a sheet with marketplace content as well.&nbsp; ie 5e OGL and WOTC.&nbsp; Not that everyone needs them, but I have to wonder if it will have as many features as the Neceros sheet...
It looks like it should be great for new games, if you're not doing anything too complicated. I've got lots of concerns about their ability to support all the crazy stuff my players do. (And yeah, the stuff I build, too.) I haven't even tried to use more than one character sheet. It's just not something I've ever looked into. Roll20 games only support one character sheet at a time, right? I can't imagine trying to migrate hundreds of old sheets over to a new sheet. (And then... find out that the new sheet doesn't support everything.) Even if this new sheet is awesome, I am pretty sure your guys' work will see use for a long time to come.