Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Are you using one of the options from Pathfinder unchained? You can find those alternate rules options in the settings menu. If you're using something else, then there isn't a way short of using a custom sheet.
Doskious S.  said: The only other thing I can think of to try would be to see if I can extract the minion data from the JSON and doctor it up to import independently, but I'm hoping there's a more elegant way that I just haven't noticed... Vince said: James W. added the HL import feature of the sheet, so he's most qualified to comment on it's capabilities/limitations.  My guessing that we are limited to importing into a single sheet.  Animal companions, eidolons, familiars, etc. all need their own sheet on roll20. Looks like this is the way to do it, then...  Happily, HeroLab appears to dump what is essentially a full character output, with all the same structure, for any minions, so this method seems to work well enough. In addition to HeroLab, I've been using MapTool (an open-source java-based standalone VTT program) to run my games but one of my players is out of the country for the next year or so, and my old setup was just not cutting the mustard anymore in terms of their ability to access the game. Another unrelated question that may not properly have anything to do with the character sheet directly: is there any available option for applying damage to tokens through macros or the API? I'm not looking for automatic damage resolution, but in MapTool, I had a a macro that took a target token and an optional damage value, parsed the token's character sheet for DR entries, SR entries, immunities, etc.  If none were found (that is, if the target token had no possibly-applicable mitigating effects/abilities), the damage was applied directly, but if it found any possible ways for the target token to reduce damage, it would list them for me in a dialog window and present me with the opportunity to provide an amount by which the initially indicated damage value should be reduced.  The MapTool macro also accepted options for dealing damage, dealing nonlethal damage, or healing either of those two...  It was *super-handy* beyond lvl 6. Is there anything that interacts with the Pathfinder Sheet like that here that I've just been unable to locate?

Edited 1536645375
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Macros have read-only access to attributes, so it would require an api script, which can manipulate attributes.  TokenMod can change the value of linked token bars(I suppose you could make a damage macro), but  I'm not aware of a script that will automatically subtract damage using the sheet's attack roll vs a target token.  I believe the next version of the Pathfinder Companion script (still in beta) can handle damage.  PFC is a must have script for any GM using the community sheet.

Edited 1536673436
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Vince said: Macros have read-only access to attributes, so it would require an api script, which can manipulate attributes.  TokenMod can change the value of linked token bars(I suppose you could make a damage macro), but  I'm not aware of a script that will automatically subtract damage using the sheet's attack roll vs a target token.  I believe the next version of the Pathfinder Companion script (still in beta) can handle damage.  PFC is a must have script for any GM using the community sheet. Yeah, I really need to get that update finished. EDIT: Also, just a small clarification; the damage application and AOE handler is still in beta (really alpha). Version 1 of the script is out and in the one-click install.

Edited 1536673383
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Herpus D. said: the game I'm running now uses a different skill selection (many skills have been rolled together, added new, or removed entirely), is there a means to remove or replace the baked-in skills listed on the sheet? Easiest way might be to turn on "Unchained" and  "Consolidated" skills on the Settings page (⚙), which are a smaller list that might match up better, and there are 10 misc skill entries there as well to use. You would have to use the misc entry for total skill points (upper left of the page) to adjust the total points available. 
Scott C. said: Vince said: Macros have read-only access to attributes, so it would require an api script, which can manipulate attributes.  TokenMod can change the value of linked token bars(I suppose you could make a damage macro), but  I'm not aware of a script that will automatically subtract damage using the sheet's attack roll vs a target token.  I believe the next version of the Pathfinder Companion script (still in beta) can handle damage.  PFC is a must have script for any GM using the community sheet. Yeah, I really need to get that update finished. EDIT: Also, just a small clarification; the damage application and AOE handler is still in beta (really alpha). Version 1 of the script is out and in the one-click install. Again, to be clear: I am NOT looking for an automatically triggered damage application system.  I was hoping to find a manually triggered damage/nonlethat-damage/healing/nonlethal-healing application system that would parse the manually-targeted sheet for any weaknesses, resistances, immunities, or absorbs that the targeted character might possess that might therefore demand a change in the number of delta-HP. Based on the responses, I'm now fairly sure that nothing of the sort presently exists, but that something of the sort is under development...   I'm highly leery of systems that purport to automatically determine hits and apply damage, as such systems are predicated on the assumption that they have access to prefect information, when in reality I've found that there are often cases where I'll want, as a GM, to make a judgement call in the moment of evaluating an attack that I did not anticipate before the attack was executed but would nevertheless modify the damage delivered...  The system I've described would easily permit for this at the expense of presenting an additional dialog box to confirm damage per selected token. I'm concerned that my initial enquiry may have been misunderstood, so allow me to provide an example: # === Example ======= Suppose we have two tokens/characters: Adam has DR 5/magic, fire resistance 10 and cold vulnerability, Betty is healed by electrical damage and has DR 10/piercing.  They're subjected to several AoE effects as they traverse a hallway, in order: a cloud of acid, a spray of ice, belching flames, and electrical discharges.  All of the AoEs deal 20 damage of their associated type, so as they move through the hall, as the GM, I'd want to select both tokens and invoke the damage-widget for 20 points each time they tripped an effect. The first time, for the acid, the damage-widget would warn me about their effects and I'd leave both damage values unmodified, applying 20 damage to each character, as neither has any abilities that interact with acid damage.  For the second hazard (ice), Betty takes 20 damage (no modification to damage after being warned of her ability to heal from electricity) and because the damage-widget reminded me that Adam is vulnerable to cold damage Adam's damage is adjusted and he takes 30 damage.  The third hazard is fire damage, and again Betty's taking 20 points (no modification, as before), but Adam has fire resistance 10 and has his damage reduced by 10 points this time, for only 10 damage.  The final hazard, electricity, sees Adam taking an unmodified 20 points of damage while Betty is healed for 20, which I'd have the ability to adjust *after* having selected both of them and throwing damage at their characters. Having taken twice as much damage at this point, Adam begins to argue with Betty about the wisdom of their actions, and a fight breaks out.  Adam wins initiative, and rolls his attack, resulting in a blow from his enchanted mace that beats Betty's AC.  As the GM, I'd select Betty and invoke the damage-widget with an initial value equal to Adam's damage roll.  The widget would remind me of Betty's DR 10/piercing at that point, and I'd adjust the damage done down by 10.  Betty would respond in kind, rolling to hit Adam with her own identical mace, but rolls poorly enough that she does not connect.  (I'd do nothing with the damage-widget in this instance.)  If Betty had hit, I'd invoke the damage-widget at Adam the same as I had at Betty, using Betty's unmodified damage roll as the initial damage value.  The widget would warn me about Adam's DR 5/magic, but since I know that Betty's mace is enchanted, I would not modify her damage, and Adam would take the full value of her hit. # === End Example ======= I would hope that any system under development would incorporate the same kind of ability to modify damage values, and that rather than automatically calculating anything would present the GM with (in the case of an attack) the to-hit and target AC or (in the case of a save vs. damage) the DC and the saving throw, and a button to invoke the application of a damage-widget-like system...
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Doskious S. said: Another entirely different question: I use Hero Lab extensively, and I'm very pleased to have found such well-developed Hero Lab import support on the sheet, but is the character-sheet import process unable to handle importing animal companions, eidolons, familiars, etc.? Make the companion/familiar/whatever the active character in HeroLab, then while exporting the data make sure "Current Hero Only" is selected (between the output types and the Output/Cancel/Help buttons).
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Doskarious, I share your leeriness about fully automating the damage process, especially in a system like pathfinder that has so many ways to adjust how much damage is done. The damage applicator that I'm working on would add a button to the output of your attacks, abilities, and spells that you could use to apply the damage/effects. Unfortunately, the wide range of abilities for dealing with damage makes this difficult which is why the feature has not been released yet. The warning system that you show in your examples is certainly an interesting idea, but it has its own issues (namely how do you determine what should generate a warning and what shouldn't).
Scott C. said: Hi Doskarious, I share your leeriness about fully automating the damage process, especially in a system like pathfinder that has so many ways to adjust how much damage is done. The damage applicator that I'm working on would add a button to the output of your attacks, abilities, and spells that you could use to apply the damage/effects. Unfortunately, the wide range of abilities for dealing with damage makes this difficult which is why the feature has not been released yet. The warning system that you show in your examples is certainly an interesting idea, but it has its own issues (namely how do you determine what should generate a warning and what shouldn't). Well, the basic determination of how to identify what raises a warning would be based on those entries in the Defenses > Special Defenses section of the Character Sheet: @{DR}, @{resistances}, @{immunities}, @{weaknesses}.  If the character possesses any such things, I would hope that that fact would be denoted in those fields.  (This does assume that the targeted token(s) are attached to a character sheet, of course, but I think that from a coding standpoint it should be pretty easy to say " try { **get stuff from character sheet fordisplay** } catch { **nothing to display** }; if ( **something to display**) { **display ~something~, ask for adjustments** }; **apply (possibly adjusted) damage**; "...) The big hangup, of course, is if a character has some kind of temporary resistance (such as from drinking a potion of fire resistance 10), as I'm not sure that the buffs feature of the PFC interacts well/at all with the Special Defenses section of the sheet to track that kind of thing.  That said, in my experience, it's a lot easier as a GM to set up your NPCs with such buffs in place ahead of time, so such instances will usually only be limited to the application of damage to players, who ought to have a vested interest in making sure all their reductions are applied properly.  (I know that my players are only too happy to remind me about their various active means of damage mitigation after I announce damage.) I'd think that it would also be eminently feasible to include with this kind of Prompt-the-GM system for delivering damage some flag that the GM can invoke to bypass the evaluation of resists/DR/immunities/weaknesses and just apply flat damage as specified (for dealing with those cases where a Player has Holy Word-ed your Cold-resistant undead, and you already know that everything you select will be taking the straight damage). I write code for a living (mostly python and javascript, as I'm a web-app developer), and have spent the past decade learning how to bend various code/script-based RPG Gaming resources to my will, and while I may not have oodles of free time, I'd be happy to help with this kind of effort...  The ability to let the automated system remember things for me while retaining an ability to exert direct control over the application of damage has been of inexpressibly immense use to me in MapTool.  (The MapTool macro scripting language is a hellscape of custom and impenetrable syntax that has been implemented in wildly divergent ways in different rules-systems frameworks at the whims of their creators, so providing the expressions that entail the existing MapTool macros would probably induce headaches and nausea, but I assure you, the general gist is as I've described it above.) Edited to add: The clutch, key element of the system I'm describing is that, because of the problem of layered resists and house-rules about how creature type interacts with resists/weaknesses, the system I'm describing does NOTHING to try to guess how the raw damage number should be adjusted or which things it found are relevant, all it does is collect **all** of the information that it can find that would inform the determination of damage adjustment, and display **all** of it for the GM to use to figure out how the damage (or healing) is adjusted for the character. Such a collection, now that I think of it, should also include denoting the creature type/subtype, and possibly any entries in the Defense Notes sections as well, so that if there's something with the [Fire] type, the GM can be aware of that and apply a "no damage from regular fire, 50% damage from magical fire" rule (if that's what they're playing with in that game), or if there's a note from the CMD notes section that the character only takes half-damage from constrict attacks, the GM can easily respect that (or not if the creature doing the constriction also has a special ability that bypasses the character's resistance).) Given the proclivities that the Pathfinder player base has for house-ruling different interpretations of rules and developing new and unanticipatable ways to avoid damage, I've always felt that trying to design an auto-calculating damage application system was another way of begging the universe for unending torment and frustration...  ;D
Hi Sheet Development Team I'd just like to say that this sheet is great, I've been using now for two years and it's just getting better. thank you. My request: would it be possible to add an Advanced Template buff to the list of preset buffs? using the simple method ( +2 on all rolls (including damage rolls) and special ability DCs; +4 to AC and  CMD ; +2 hp/HD.) thanks

Edited 1536810877
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
vornn said: Hi Sheet Development Team I'd just like to say that this sheet is great, I've been using now for two years and it's just getting better. thank you. My request: would it be possible to add an Advanced Template buff to the list of preset buffs? using the simple method ( +2 on all rolls (including damage rolls) and special ability DCs; +4 to AC and  CMD ; +2 hp/HD.) thanks There are templates you can apply on the NPC tab. ;-)
Thanks for the quick response! Sorry it took me so long to reply. That answers about half the question, but I was more referring to this section:  If you increase the burn counter, it adds non-lethal on the Core tab. I was wondering if there was anywhere I could change that from 1 Burn = 1 Nonlethal/Level to 1 Nonlethal / 2 levels basically. If not thats fine, I can manually track, was merely wondering if I could edit that part. 
Is the "currently-viewing-this-tab" setting tracked as an attribute on the sheet, and if so is this necessary? My spouse is also a player in my Pathfinder campaign.  Today I was logged into the Roll20 app as the GM, making changes to my spouse's character in a popped-out character sheet.  My spouse also logged into the campaign and opened the character sheet in a popped-out window.  As soon as the sheet loaded on my spouse's computer and they started clicking to display different tabs, the tabs displayed on my computer also changed, and when I changed tabs, the tabs displayed on my spouse's popped-out sheet also changed. I understand that changes to the character sheet are intended to be replicated to all app-users with access to the character in real-time, but I had not expected the sheet display to be included in this, and it seems to mean that only one tab of the sheet can be edited at a time.  Is there a way for my spouse to be viewing/editing the Spells tab while I view/edit the Equipment tab? We're on computers that share a public IP address, if that makes any difference.  Also, I have the Pathfinder Companion installed.

Edited 1537136222
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Doskious S. said: Is the "currently-viewing-this-tab" setting tracked as an attribute on the sheet, and if so is this necessary? Yes this is normal behavior. all the sheets with tabs work like this. since with the limited access to the sheet we can't use javascript only solutions (no access to the DOM hierarchy or do things like onclick) I suggest only one person has the sheet open at a time, unexpected problems could result if both make a change at once. (if you're only going to look at the sheet it's probably ok, but the tabs will change as you click around as you noticed)

Edited 1537157418
thanks everyone who posted replies, sorry i've been so late to respond! using unchained/consolidated skills does about cover everything (when using the full 10 misc skills), however there's a minor bug. it breaks the chat-macro buttons of the sheet: "all skill" and "combat skill" buttons have several dead options (since it keeps to the base skill list, which is understandable), while "consolidated" skills has just that ones, the "misc" skill button there just creates an empty chat-macro box, rather than showing the list of misc skills on the sheet. I'd recommend hiding that button when unchained skills is toggled in options, but i have no idea what to do about it not actually listing the misc skills.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You can try the recalc button(near logo at the top of the sheet) to see if your consolidated chat menu updates correctly.  All Skills and Combat Skills only apply to the regular skill mechanic as you found out.  I'll add your suggestion to hide them when using unchained skills to our future enhancements list.  Thanks
Is the Companion Sheet going to be able to work with the new Pathfinder Bestiary that just came out on the marketplace?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Xathos of Varisia said: Is the Companion Sheet going to be able to work with the new Pathfinder Bestiary that just came out on the marketplace? as i understand, no not yet. but we were sent what needs to be done to accept new monsters.  we'll have to verify what is working vs what is not. the parsing was a huge endeavor the first time. 
I'm not sure if I'm just doing this wrong, but I'm using the Unchained Consolidated Skill list. My character is a 7th Rogue with an Int of 14. Rogues are supposed to have 4 + 1/2 Int mod skills per level. This should mean that my Rogue would have a total of 35 skill ranks to distribute at level 7. For some reason, the character sheet is reporting in the Max Skill Ranks field that I should only have 23 ranks to distribute. Am I missing something?

Edited 1538727166
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ignore, SOON as I typed this I realized I needed  .setWithWorker not  .set Is there a way to force a recalc on sheets outside of the sheet? My situation is I wrote a script to roll random treasure, and add any coins they found for them automatically. Problem is API adjusted stats dont cause it to recalculate. So coins have no 'weight' until the recalc button is pressed.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
solamon77 GM said: I'm not sure if I'm just doing this wrong, but I'm using the Unchained Consolidated Skill list. My character is a 7th Rogue with an Int of 14. Rogues are supposed to have 4 + 1/2 Int mod skills per level. This should mean that my Rogue would have a total of 35 skill ranks to distribute at level 7. For some reason, the character sheet is reporting in the Max Skill Ranks field that I should only have 23 ranks to distribute. Am I missing something? Under the Core>Class and levels section, just enter an appropriate amount on the Skill pts/lvl column based on your Class skill calc formula.  ie "5" 

Edited 1539083838
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I tried searching, but I found nothing so it might be reported already. It seems "Spell Roll Options" acts flaky. Options checked dont always show up, but toggling other options can make the previous one that wasn't working work..but its random: For example Cast Time being checked, it wouldn't show up, but checking Show Uses made Cast Time show up in the roll..but Show Uses wasn't..toggling either off and back on, then NEITHER showed up. Its  a bit like wack-a-mole for us to get to show what we want, toggling random options while rolling it to get the correct ones checked to actually show: Here is an example . I have "Show Uses" and "Cast Time" checked and the values filled out in the spell (first in the list), but neither will show up. If I toggle other options randomly, sometimes they will also decide to work, but I cannot find a pattern:
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
solamon77 GM said: I'm not sure if I'm just doing this wrong, but I'm using the Unchained Consolidated Skill list. My character is a 7th Rogue with an Int of 14. Rogues are supposed to have 4 + 1/2 Int mod skills per level. This should mean that my Rogue would have a total of 35 skill ranks to distribute at level 7. For some reason, the character sheet is reporting in the Max Skill Ranks field that I should only have 23 ranks to distribute. Am I missing something? consolidated are lower due to there being less to spend on. I think it's half? i can't remember offhand. but I now the total is adjusted down when using consolidated
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
DXWarlock said: Options checked dont always show up, but toggling other options can make the previous one that wasn't working work..but its random: if they are the default such as 1 standard action, or "no save", etc then they don't appear.  this was asked for way back so that the spells took up less room on the chat. Because spells used to be huge and you'd have to scroll every time. so if it's checked and doesn't show you can assume it's 1 standard action,no save, no spell resist, unless it says otherwise
I wanted to mention this to the sheet writers. Consistently when using the Dual Wield Beta, upon reaching the level before when I am supposed to receive another attack, when doing a hero lab import, it will add an attack that does not exist yet. Such as my fighter is currently level 10 and it is adding the attack I receive at 11th level.
Sorry to bother you chaps again, but I'm wondering if there is a feature that deals with the enervation spell? <a href="https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/enervation/" rel="nofollow">https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/enervation/</a> I've had a look at the buffs, but nothing looks like it will fit (unless i'm blind and missing it). many thanks for the sheet guys.&nbsp; :)
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The condition 'Energy Drain' does this. Set it to the levels to remove (a negative number).
ah, cool. many thanks&nbsp; :)
Ah, what a coincidence. I believe negative Levels/Energy Drain do not get applied to @{kineticist_level-mod}, which I think they should as that is a "level-dependent variable".
I have a ratfolk with bite and tail-blade and a sickle (later will have claws) -- what's my best way to structure that in this sheet? Currently I made one attack in the sheet for each, but sometimes I use the tail blade or bite alone, so I can't just include the -5 for it being secondary attack directly in the roll, and also it would be neat to only have to press once to roll my full-attack. Is there a way I can set up a multi-attack in the sheet, or is that the realm of macros?

Edited 1541949305
Jason H.
KS Backer
Buffs Related Question: Can I adjust @{HP|max} (preferably&nbsp;in the buffs area) without access to the API? &nbsp;If so, how? Background: I'm trying to make a buff that, among other things, reduces the character's @{HP|max} (to replicate the Sanguine Sacrifice ability of the Scar Seeker prestige class). &nbsp;I could just treat it as incoming damage and edit my HP, but I'm a Life Link healer; I'm constantly taking damage and healing it off, so not having to remember not to heal off the unhealable damage would be best (especially given that I am the party's loot accountant and so have a lot of things I'm juggling in-game).
I don't know if there's a proper solution but for every field I don't have a specific drop-down selection for I'll put the buff as customa1 (or the others) and then have that be called from the max-hp calculation. @Julix You could create two versions of the attack, one with the -5 and one without it and then call them either directly through their macro or another pseudo-attack who's macro just calls other macros. Like create an attack called "Full attack" that that stats don't matter but you've traded out the macro text for whichever @{repeating_weapon_$_attack-roll}'s you want.

Edited 1541962523
Jason H.
KS Backer
"put the buff as customa1 (or the others) and then have that be called from the max-hp calculation." Ah! I hadn't thought of that. &nbsp;Great solution, thanks. EDIT: Spoke too soon. &nbsp;It's reducing the maxHP regardless of whether the buff is active or not &nbsp;: /
Works for me. (Above Enabled / Below Disabled after being enabled)
This is probably a complete newb question. I've been using the sheet fine and have been editing the attack macros on the sheet. The last two characters i\ve made the edit macro text option on attacks has been missing. I can't seem to find anything that I would of changed to make it hide the edit macro text. Any ideas?
@Noon Thanks. &nbsp;I learned new syntax today. &nbsp;Works for me too. &nbsp;Thanks again for the solution.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Wachetta &nbsp;said: This is probably a complete newb question. I've been using the sheet fine and have been editing the attack macros on the sheet. The last two characters i\ve made the edit macro text option on attacks has been missing. I can't seem to find anything that I would of changed to make it hide the edit macro text. Any ideas? If some areas/fields of the sheet are not available/view-able, check the sheet's settings page(Advanced subsection).

Edited 1542083313
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I know I touched on the subject before, but this one is genuinely confusing me with the current info I know now. I cannot get Spell Failure Chance to roll with the spell no matter what I try. One arcane character of mine has a 15% failure chance, but regardless of it being checked in Spell Roll Options, it will not show up. The Failure Chance: The Spell and the chat result:
Kind-of a long shot here, but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask.&nbsp; is there any kind of way where I can pull loot from one character and give it to another, effectively just equipment transfer across character sheets? I'm still learning the script and apologies in advance if this isn't the right place to post. Thanks
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
DXWarlock said: I know I touched on the subject before, but this one is genuinely confusing me with the current info I know now. I cannot get Spell Failure Chance to roll with the spell no matter what I try. One arcane character of mine has a 15% failure chance, but regardless of it being checked in Spell Roll Options, it will not show up. That's a bug. ;-(&nbsp; Missed this weeks pull, but I'll submit a fix for next week.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Pirate you might be able to use the Chatsetattr script...&nbsp; Jakob(the script's author) would be the one to ask.&nbsp; basically you would need to a macro to c opy a repeating row from a sheet, add it to another sheet, then delete the copied row.&nbsp; Not sure if chatsetattr can do that in it's current state.
It can be done with chatsetattr but not cleanly. I can think of 3 ways off the top of my head and they all have major drawbacks (all of which have the drawback that special characters can and will ruin them). Here's a better solution I just released. It's been a while since I wrote it but I have a session to prep for so I'll fix the rest of the feature-set after that.
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vince said: DXWarlock said: I know I touched on the subject before, but this one is genuinely confusing me with the current info I know now. I cannot get Spell Failure Chance to roll with the spell no matter what I try. One arcane character of mine has a 15% failure chance, but regardless of it being checked in Spell Roll Options, it will not show up. That's a bug. ;-(&nbsp; Missed this weeks pull, but I'll submit a fix for next week. No problem. Just glad it wasn't our ineptitude to figure out the sheet :)

Edited 1542419051
In the pf_attack template, there are two properties that I'd like some information about, {{vs=@{vs}}} and {{vs@{vs}=@{vs}}}. 1) vs appears superfluous since vs@{vs} is what determines what to display as the attack opposition. However, the span is only ever displayed when both the vs and vs@{vs} properties are provided. What is the reasoning for requiring both to be present? 2) It appears that the values for both of these properties is ignored. For example, {{vs=0}} {{vsac=0}} still displays "vs AC". Is that intentional? Is there a way to customize the text in the span that is generated beyond the predefined types e.g. {{vsac=foo}} or {{vstouch=bar}}? 3) The reason I was looking at these properties was to determine if there is a way to change the attack opposition type at run time for individual iterative attacks. For example, Gunslingers are able to selectively resolve individual attacks in the full-attack round against Touch AC instead of AC using one of their grit class features. I'm trying to incorporate this into my character sheet, perhaps with query input from the player. Is there an existing way to accomplish this? 4) Are there any other support/discussion forums, such as a discord channel? 5) Finally, where can I find the actual source for the character sheet? Thanks
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I agree that this seems confusing. ;-P I'll attempt to explain how it works; Including both {{vs=@{vs}}}{{vs@{vs}=@{vs}}} within the macro-text was necessary for the roll template logic to handle what is displayed based off of an attack's "vs" drop-down selector. Choosing any vs type from the drop-down selector besides "other", will show a &nbsp; descriptive &nbsp;label &nbsp;in the attack roll(s). Whereas "other" is coded to show nothing in the roll.&nbsp;&nbsp; The "vs@{vs}" key is used to display one of the drop-down selector choices as it is coded into the roll template. Relevant &nbsp;keys used for vs type on pf_attack; ( vs vsac vstouch vsff vsfft vscmd vscmb vsother ).&nbsp; Each key is coded to display a descriptive &nbsp;label in the attack.&nbsp; ie "vs AC", "vs Touch", "vs FF", etc. Currently, the sheet only uses the attack vs type as given in the main attack's drop-down selector/attribute ( @{vs} ), so I don't believe it's going to be a field you can change on the fly using a query.&nbsp; Macro's cannot write/edit attribute data.&nbsp; While an API script can be used to write/edit attribute data, I'm not sure one could be used in conjunction with the sheet's attack since all rolls are made at the time of execution and would use the current attribute values at the time the roll is made... The sheet's current code can be found on roll20's github repo; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Pathfinder-Neceros" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Pathfinder-Neceros</a> Latest beta code; html:&nbsp; <a href="https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/bbd22ecf44255b615528fe5281710966" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/bbd22ecf44255b615528fe5281710966</a> css:&nbsp; <a href="https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/c5151c4bf4f0a9d7a2c298e7c35c456c" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/c5151c4bf4f0a9d7a2c298e7c35c456c</a> trans:&nbsp; <a href="https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/42b2c8188cd156dcfaa7a0fbce3d2958" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/vince-roll20/42b2c8188cd156dcfaa7a0fbce3d2958</a> We have a trello page for anyone&nbsp; interested &nbsp; in helping develop the sheet.&nbsp; Anyone can PM me if you would like to help.&nbsp; ;-)
Is there a way to show success/failures inside of the templates? For my attack rolls, I was thinking of doing something like ...&gt;@{target|AC} to automatically determine when an attack hits. It doesn't work inside the pf_attack template, but it works in other contexts. Maybe the css for the pf templates doesn't show the success/fail results?
Is there a way to automatically toggle off a buff based on the round # in order to approximate a buff duration? Or is there a way to increment or decrement a counter via a macro that a player could press at the start of his turn (e.g. a macro that you always press at the start of your round to update counters)? If so, perhaps such a counter could be utilized to disable a buff when said counter reaches 0 to approximate a buff duration feature. Based on my initial investigation, it appears the answer to the above is no, because roll20 hasn't yet exposed a function to modify character sheet data in these ways. If that's the case, have you explored implementing such features in a userscript (e.g. greasemonkey script)? If not, does anyone know of any client-side script projects for roll20 to modify character sheet data? I may be able to quickly throw something together, if need be. Do you happen to know how to cause the sheet to update its calculations when character sheet data is modified (presumably some javascript api, other than the force sheet-wide recalc)? Thanks

Edited 1542778831
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Tyrir Not sure if you are asking about cs/cf points or something else. I don't believe cs/cf points show their green/red borders when used inside roll templates.&nbsp; Roll templates use roll helper functions that are coded into a sheet. Modified attack rolls that reach the crit threat threshold are displayed as green. You can include @{target|AC} (description or certain macro-text fields) to simply show AC for reference. Might be a slippery slope since player's could also include all kinds of target/enemy attribute data with their rolls as well. As you have pointed out, macros cannot edit attribute data.&nbsp; An API script(pro perk) would probably need to be created to handle tracking durations and toggling-off buffs accordingly.&nbsp; Perhaps the Pathfinder Companion Script could include this...&nbsp; Not sure if "other" (e.g. greasmonkey or similar...) js hacks can be used to manipulate attributes.

Edited 1542806964
Pathfinder Companion Script already has round calculations for applying and expiring buffs. A custom API script could make pretty short work of it as well. A userscript hack *can* do anything but with the existence of a paid API tier, my filter comes down to whether it *should*. I don't want to put my foot on the slippery slope of "here's all the API features but free".
@Vince I think cs/cf works already. I was referring to Target Number (Successes) on the wiki. With it, you just specify a target value (e.g. d20&gt;10, so similar to the cs/cf operator) and roll20 will determine whether the roll meets that target, and usually it will display something like "0 successes" or "1 success". I was thinking to use this to compare against @{target|AC} (rather than a hardcoded value) just to speed along number crunching for the GM. See <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference#Target_Number_.28Successes.29" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference#Target_Number_.28Successes.29</a> From the roll helper function list you provided, it would seem that {{#rollGreater() &lt;rollname&gt;}} refers to Target Number (Successes) . I image I'd have to add that to the pf_attack template. That brings up another question. Is there a way that I as a normal user (non-gm, non-pro) can modify the pf_attack template? Or would that require the API script (pro perk) you mentioned to modify sheets/templates?