Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Algunillo said: Thanks  Scott C.  for your reply. Hi Algunillo, Things such as these are best handled by queries or by toggling buffs on/off as needed. The only other option is to make a separate attack for each possibility. The only way to toggle the buffs on/off is to do it on the sheet, or to use an API script such as chatsetattr to toggle the buffs. Personally, I prefer the query solution. Well, too bad. I believe a method to pull biffs to the macro bar could be easily implemented, just as it has been done with other entries of the sheet, but I do not know the code at all. Definitely a great sheet overall, on the other hand.  You could get that effect by using the API method and simply making a macro of the proper api command.
So I've got a question. I have a player in one of my games who has a trait that increases the range of all of her spells by 1 caster level, but doesn't affect anything else. I've searched in vain, but I can't fix a box to add this range only adjustment. Is such a thing possible to do with the Pathfinder Community sheet? If so how?

Edited 1547618524
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Jake W. said: So I've got a question. I have a player in one of my games who has a trait that increases the range of all of her spells by 1 caster level, but doesn't affect anything else. I've searched in vain, but I can't fix a box to add this range only adjustment. Is such a thing possible to do with the Pathfinder Community sheet? If so how? There isn't a buff on the sheet that only adjusts spell ranges. You would either need to manually adjust the spell range per spell using the range field or you could add a Spell Note, perhaps with a few inline macros that calculate the boosted range.  Short Range: [[25+(floor((@{spellclass-0-level-total}+1)/2)*5) ]]' Medium Range: [[100+(@{spellclass-0-level-total}+1)*10 ]]' Long Range: [[400+(@{spellclass-0-level-total}+1)*40 ]]'
Hey, I've got a quick question. Apologies if this has already been asked/requested. Is it at all possible to wholly define the skills table? At the moment we're able to choose between Standard, Consolidated, and Background skill templates. My group and I use a slightly modified version that mixes and matches a little bit. I also know of a few other alternative skill templates that people enjoy using as well. I was curious whether it was possible to use these within this sheet? These aren't huge changes, but I've found not being able to properly represent them visually can be immediately confusing to players and even to myself at times. I know it's probably a lot of work, and I wouldn't ask this on only my own group's behalf, but I was curious whether the idea had ever been considered before? There's already a section of the sheet that allows you to add "Misc" skills to the table, albeit limited to 10. Would it be at all possible to have an option to disable all default skills and increase that misc limit to something more substantial? Thank you very much for reading and considering! This character sheet has come a long way since its first inception and I couldn't be more grateful for everybody's hard work. :)
Hi, I believe I found an issue with "All Attacks Macros". When one of the "All Attacks Macros" types has text but is disabled, it correctly doesn't apply to the repeating weapon macros; however, it incorrectly does apply to a basic attack macros. For example, put [[ ?{Foobar?|Yes,1|No,0} ]] into "Global Attack Insert Macro", "CMB Damage Insert Macro", "Ranged Damage Insert Macro", etc. Add a ranged weapon to the sheet's list of repeating weapon macros. If you click the repeating weapon macro, the appropriate "All Attack Macros" work as expected. Now disable those "All Attack Macros" into which you inserted anything. If you click the repeating weapon macro, the "All Attack Macros" no longer apply, as expected. However, if you click the macros for the standard attack types ("Melee" (%{selected|Melee-Attack-Roll}), "Alt Melee" (%{selected|Melee2-Attack-Roll}), "Ranged" (%{selected|Ranged-Attack-Roll}), "CMB" (%{CMB-Check}), etc), the disabled "All Attack Macros" apply, but the expected behavior is that they do not apply.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Tyir. I'm seeing the same behavior. I'll try and get a fix for that ASAP.

Edited 1550413710
Jason H.
KS Backer
Two issues: 1. If I create a buff that adds a +3 morale bonus to ability checks, that bonus doesn't register for initiative, even though initiative is a DEX check.  (If I add another buff just for initiative it does, so it seems like it's a problem with the sheet knowing init is a DEX check.) 2. If I am a mythic character, and check the Mythic Paragon box, any call for the character's @{mythic-tier} comes back as the tier, not the tier+2.  This also affects the number of bonus hp I get from being mythic - it should be as if I'm 2 tiers higher.  This is easily corrected by just entering my tier as being 2 higher than it is in the tier box, but it brings into question what purpose the mythic paragon checkbox is meant to serve.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Jason Ability buff in regards to Init; The sheet should treat Init as a Dex-based ability check. I'm able to add an ability buff and see it reflected on Init when toggled.  Perhaps there is already a bonus in effect of the same type(stacking issue)? Mythic Paragon box; The checkbox is merely a visual indicator/reminder.  Although Mythic options were added a long while back, I believe the intention was to continue adding to it's functionality/features but alas, it has remained in it's basic state. ;-(   
Hello. There seems to be a bug with the sheet currently where the critical hit modifier for attacks is actually getting calculated one number lower than what is entered in the field. For example, if you enter a x2 multiplier, you won't get any extra critical damage because it rolls it as a x1 multiplier. You have to enter a critical hit multiplier of x3 to get the actual x2 result.
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jeremiah N. said: Hello. There seems to be a bug with the sheet currently where the critical hit modifier for attacks is actually getting calculated one number lower than what is entered in the field. For example, if you enter a x2 multiplier, you won't get any extra critical damage because it rolls it as a x1 multiplier. You have to enter a critical hit multiplier of x3 to get the actual x2 result. That's not a bug; the intention is for the critical damage to be in addition to the regular damage. Thus, if you have a x3 multiplier, you add the regular damage (1x) to the critical damage (2x) to get the total damage (3x).

Edited 1550728607
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
It's one lower since the initial damage is included. EDIT: snipped by James. ;-)
Ah, ok. Did it use to combine them both for the total? I seem to remember it working that way in the past.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Jeremiah N. said: Ah, ok. Did it use to combine them both for the total? I seem to remember it working that way in the past. I believe damage and crit damage has always been shown on separate lines.  AFAIK, there isn't a way outside of an API script to total the dice rolls after they have been sent to chat.  All rolls are made when the attack is executed.  The roll template will hide/show rolls depending on the crit confirm roll.

Edited 1550774681
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Not sure if it would be too large a request this far into the sheet. But would the idea of a "Mount" option under equipment be favorable to add? Easiest place to add it (I believe) is the dropdown (the Carried/not carried/Armor/Belt/etc one) called 'Mount'. If set to that drop down it adds to a new 'subtotal' weight of its own in the white space below the "current load" on personal carry weight up top? (unused area there). As it is now we have to have 2 sheets for everyone, one for them, and one for their horse. So they can keep track of how much weight they are loading the horses down with. Not sure but suspect this might be a complex change, so tentative to ask it. But with everyone having to manage 2 sheets (we are sticklers for encumbrance) it gets confusing sometimes, or they forget what they actually have where.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I like the idea DXWarlock.  I'll add it as a feature request and look into how difficult it would be to implement.

Edited 1550875242
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks, wasn't sure if it would be popular enough to warrant a new addition to the sheet. But its literally the only thing we have to 'work around', the sheet covers any other thing we could possibly want it to do :)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
DXWarlock said: Thanks, wasn't sure if it would be popular enough to warrant a new addition to the sheet. But its literally the only thing we have to 'work around', the sheet covers any other thing we could possibly want it to do :) There's still a long suggestion/request list that begs to differ.  ;-P I'm glad you're still getting some mileage from the community sheet.
I feel like a lot of people still prefer this sheet to the official. I also use a bag management system I wrote to track encumbrance which would benefit from being able to offload weight somewhere else. I might be interested in rewriting that system at some point when I have some free time. Hopefully that will be soon. TM
I'm having an issue with the community sheet. I've gone and imported a character through herolab. Good. I know it doesn't detect weapons so I have to make those attacks myself. That's fine. However when I like at abilities, all the categories don't filter. Things classified as feats show up under racial traits, and trying to recalc doesn't fix it.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I believe I noticed this as well for one of my player's that imported using HL.  I manually adjusted each to match the appropriate category. James W (created the HL import feature on the sheet) will probably chime in.., but I believe it has something to do with how HL categorizes(or more likely doesn't categorize) character abilities, so the PF community sheet basically just gets handed a bunch of abilities.  Again, I'll defer to James on this, but I'm guessing if this is the case, a parser would need to be written to detect and properly sort imported abilities.  
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Chaos Cowboy said: I'm having an issue with the community sheet. I've gone and imported a character through herolab. Good. I know it doesn't detect weapons so I have to make those attacks myself. That's fine. However when I like at abilities, all the categories don't filter. Things classified as feats show up under racial traits, and trying to recalc doesn't fix it. The script was setting the ability type attribute, but the sheet uses separate attributes for actually filtering the views. A fix has been submitted to the team's repository.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks James.  I'll get a pr ready for Mon.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
PR for v1.733 - HL import updated to properly assign ability type/category <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/4783" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/4783</a>

Edited 1551733551
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
What does the "Items" button do. No matter what we put in the sheet in various places we think it applies to. It always says: None Available
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
DXWarlock said: What does the "Items" button do. No matter what we put in the sheet in various places we think it applies to. It always says: None Available That should show you a template with a list of items similar to the Spellbook or Attacks buttons, but it'll only show items you've opted-in; there should be a checkbox to include the item in the list.
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A checkbox under Equipment?
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Next to each individual item.
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Well...what do you know. Now that its pointed out to me, I have no idea how I missed that....
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Just another easter egg we hid within the sheet.&nbsp; ;-P

Edited 1551828193
A few months ago you were talking about looking into making the marketplace bestiary work.&nbsp; I was curious if that was going to be a possibility. As of now, the Bestiary and the Rise of the Runelords AP from the marketplace, both break any games running on the community sheet when you buy them.&nbsp; After purchase, spells and enemy stat block will not drag and drop into the sheet anymore.&nbsp; Luckily&nbsp;Roll20 was happy to return the digital purchase. It would be very amazing to have these supported.&nbsp; If someone has one&nbsp;game is using community, it makes purchasing the content impossible.&nbsp; Maybe a way to toggle between the two compendiums?&nbsp; Old and new. Happy to provide more info if that helps.&nbsp; Thanks for the hard work.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I did start the process... but I'm quickly realizing my programming limitations. ;-( While I've been along for the ride on this sheet for nearly 4 years, Chris B. is primarily the person that converted nearly the entire sheet over to sheetworker/js years ago.&nbsp; That leap is what allowed us to have one of the best sheet's ever created on roll20, but it also created a behemoth of complicated code. Chris has moved on from the community sheet and deservedly so for his many years of contributions.&nbsp; C hris also created an amazing parser for importing attributes from the original PF compendium(which had many issues to workaround), but that parser only works with the old compendium's attribute format. Luckily, the old format has been left alongside the new for the time being, and that's how we can still import the free portions of the PF compendium.&nbsp; However, the commercial content of the compendium (Bestiary, WftC, RotR, etc.), now uses different attribute names, new sheet drag/drop detection, and the scope of content has also changed for many of the attributes.&nbsp; Initially I thought I might be able to leverage the existing parser by converting the compendium's newer format into the old one(still playing with this method), or perhaps a completely new parser may need to be written.&nbsp; While I have not thrown in the towel on this, Chris B. I am not.&nbsp; Anyone in the community with a solid js programming pedigree willing to help out?
Minor request but could we have more weapon fields and / or extra damage fields? The most in need is our magus w her spellstrike. She's also got an icyburst weapon which adds to the complication. Her "big move" is currently to arcane-accuracy (to hit on touch) spell strike with intensified Shocking Grasp and a melee attack. O.o Could also use more fields for our aasimar bloodrager who does an extra 1d6 to evil outsiders, and his sword has "flaming" 1d6 on it. It's all getting a bit jammed up but it DOES work right now this way. Screenshot of the magus added in case you all see a clearer/more concise way to do it.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Tobias We made changes that allows you to place multiple damages on new lines(damage and type fields) which should help.
I am reposting from the api forum, since this looks like the better place to ask. Again thank you to the api designers and community for these sheets and scripts. I am using the companion script to parse stat blocks from d20pfsrd and i cannot seem to get the spell like abilities to get added to the sheets? Is there a proper way to format them, have i just gotten unlucky with unusual stat blocks? Or does this functionality not exist? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you,
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Are you not seeing SLA's at all?&nbsp; Make sure to check the character section of the sheet as well.&nbsp; Nearly all attributes are shared between pc and npc/monster sections of the sheet.

Edited 1555197440
I've done some more testing and SLA show up for some creatures but not others. Not sure how to troubleshoot this -- are there more technical documents on proper formatting? If i understand, this is a text parser using js right? is there a debug output, or online tool to prepaste stat blocks to check formatting issues? I plan on using this feature often, so if i can do anything to help let me know.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Scott is the author of the PFC script.&nbsp; Where are you pulling the statblock from?&nbsp; I believe the parser was written for Paizo's SRD.
I am grabbing stat blocks from d20pfsrd.com, should i try somewhere else?

Edited 1555268740
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Try the same monster from Piazo(although archives of nethys might be the new official srd source for Paizo now...) Compare with pfsrd to see if there's an issue parsing.&nbsp; I know I have ran pfsrd through a text editor before using pfc to parse.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Duncan can you give a link to what statblock you're trying to parse?

Edited 1555272468
Skills set to Int/Cha/Wis/None Ability are showing up as 1 less than they should. If I switch the Ability dropdown to a different value and then back to the same Ability value, the calculation corrects itself. The recalc button also fixed this bug. Unfortunately, I don't have repro steps. Here you can see that Nobility is fixed while the other knowledge skills are incorrect. Nobility was fixed because I changed it from int to str, then back to int. No buffs/conditions were active and int mod was 0 at this time. Even None Ability skills are affected.
<a href="https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/stone-maiden-tohc/" rel="nofollow">https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/stone-maiden-tohc/</a>

Edited 1555274615
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Tyrir said: Skills set to Int/Cha/Wis/None Ability are showing up as 1 less than they should. If I switch the Ability dropdown to a different value and then back to the same Ability value, the calculation corrects itself. The recalc button also fixed this bug. Unfortunately, I don't have repro steps. Hmm.&nbsp; I'm not able to replicate this issue. ;-(&nbsp; Are you seeing this on all characters or only this particular character?
Vince said: Are you seeing this on all characters or only this particular character? Only this particular character, and after pressing recalc, it seems okay now. Not sure how my char sheet got into that state.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Nearly the entire sheet is auto-calculated using sheetworkers.&nbsp; If there's a glitch with the sheetworker's routine it can cause issues far and wide.&nbsp; Sometimes the recalc button needs to be pushed to get things in order.&nbsp; Hopefully not often...
Hi Vince and James, I'm still unable to get the abilities from Hero Lab to import into Roll20 using either the built-in export function for Pathfinder or the XML to JSON conversion.&nbsp; No abilities import at all right now with my configuration, and I'm using the latest version of the sheet and Hero Lab.&nbsp; I am using a large number of features for Hero Lab, including gestalt options, so I'm trying to narrow down which one might be responsible...
Gritty Mode under wound thresholds is not doubling the penalty to attack rolls, all other rolls seem to be working properly.
Hi guys! Amazing job on that new character sheet! I'm still learning how to use it correctly, so the answer to my question may be obvious, but is there a way to individually define if a PC roll should be public or only shared with GM? For example, I like to allow everyone to see skills like Acrobatics, but I prefer to have secret rolls for others, like Bluff. Thanks for your help!
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Lake W. said: Hi Vince and James, I'm still unable to get the abilities from Hero Lab to import into Roll20 using either the built-in export function for Pathfinder or the XML to JSON conversion.&nbsp; No abilities import at all right now with my configuration, and I'm using the latest version of the sheet and Hero Lab.&nbsp; I am using a large number of features for Hero Lab, including gestalt options, so I'm trying to narrow down which one might be responsible... Send me a copy of the JSON or XML, and I'll troubleshoot it when I get the chance.
Just curious if the problem with gritty mode and attack rolls is a big problem or something that is relatively easy to fix?