Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
CB said: I didn't realise this before but when you have the mythic options toggled on for the sheet, the mythic feats only show the short descriptions when you roll them - the actual descriptions are missing.  It looks like {{description=@{description}}} is not part of the macro text for mythic feats.  Was that intentional (as in people requested it)? CB EDIT:  I noticed the same thing with mythic abilities.  They are missing {{description=@{description}}} in the macro text for mythic abilities. Hi CB, I believe this was an oversight when the Mythic features were added.  I've made a note to update the Mythic macro-text to match their non-mythic counterparts. Updating the sheet's default macro-text to include "{{description=@{description}}}" is not difficult and all new mythic abilities added or any existing macro-text that's reset would be updated.  If we wanted to update a character's existing Mythic macro-text, there's a little more involved. If the macro-text hasn't been touched, it's not so difficult to swap the old value with the new, but if someone has customized their macro-text, there's needs to be some protection/validation the custom macro-text is kept intact while "{{description=@{description}}}" is appended.  Meaning I would definitely need some programming guidance. ;-) Temp Workaround: manually add "{{description=@{description}}}" to any Mythic macro-text where you desire the longer description.
Thanks! James W. said: Luke M. said: Got a question. I'm trying to import a herolab character into the community sheet. I've done this before for other sheets and it all went great. This time though the sheet imports everything else but it seems to skip all the equipment. Has anyone seen this before? Alright, figured it out. The issue stems from the damage entry on your grenade launcher; I've created a fix, and submitted it to the GitHub repo. It'll take some time for the rest of the team to submit the fixed sheet to Roll20, and more time for them to push it live. In the mean time, if you do a find & replace to change "varies by grenade" to "As Spell" in the JSON, you should be able to import the character with items.
This might seem like odd but is there a way to implement (or achieve currently) the following requests? Option to set number of calculated skill ranks to zero for mindless creatures? (I know I can just ignore the number the sheet calculates but it's an aesthetic thing for me, lol.) Option to have virtual ranks calculated separately? (By virtual ranks, I mean the bonus ranks you get from having an enhancement bonus to your Intelligence score.) These are just minor little things that can be ignored for the most part, but they can go a long way to make it easier with higher level characters/monsters. Stay safe and healthy; cheers! CB
I just purchased the pathfinder bestiary, but now when I try to drag and drop a monster into an NPC sheet all that is transferred is the monsters name and no other information.  is this a known problem?  I've successfully used the standard compendium to create skeletons and other monsters before no problem.  but when I tried to do Dire Rat it didn't work.  Can someone help me please. 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Rashek said: I just purchased the pathfinder bestiary, but now when I try to drag and drop a monster into an NPC sheet all that is transferred is the monsters name and no other information.  is this a known problem?  I've successfully used the standard compendium to create skeletons and other monsters before no problem.  but when I tried to do Dire Rat it didn't work.  Can someone help me please.  The PF Community sheet only works with the free PF compendium and it's bestiary(must drag/drop and parse on the npc/monster page), but it does not support drag/drop of any of the commercial piazo/roll20 merch.  ;-(
Well that does suck!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
PF Community sheet v1.76 ( #6179 ) - updates all image URL's to link to github instead of imgur.

Edited 1587096176
I'm having some trouble with the equipment section on the PF1 Community sheet. I'm not sure why, but I can't see the additional fields for weapon and armour attributes, e.g. Attack Type, AC Bouns, etc. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Make sure you are in expanded view (button at the very top of the sheet)
Scott C. said: Make sure you are in expanded view (button at the very top of the sheet) Yep, that was my problem. Thanks Scott! 
Has anyone posted a how-to for making an unchained PC using the charactermancer?  Apologies if this is answered a hundred times elesewhere, but I'm new to Pathfinder in Roll20 and I'm in a game that has been ported here during Covid. I could just use my offline sheets, but I want to make the most of Roll20 and its features. I understand the charactermancer doesn't currently support unchained, so I guess my question is also: is it worth the effort to try and bend the charactermancer to make an unchained rogue? or is there a easier/faster/just-as-good thing I shoudl be doing instead, like building a bunch of macros for my character?

Edited 1587506357
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi embers. Just a note, this thread is for the community pathfinder sheet, not the pathfinder by Roll20 sheet. You may get more traction on this by posting a new thread. I will note though that afaik, the charactermancer on the pathfinder by Roll20 sheet only supports level 1 characters.

Edited 1587522640
I need help implementing Furious Focus  for a character either as a buff in the character sheet or via macro calling upon info contained in the character sheet.  I got a Power Attack buff working in the character sheet, but I can't figure out how to make the attack roll penalty from Power Attack not  apply to the first attack, but to still apply on any iterative attacks. After struggling with the buffs in the character sheet and failing to find a solution, I tried to make a macro that would call fields form the character sheet and apply the Power Attack penalty/bonus via query.  I'm struggling with this too because I don't know (or if there is a way) to apply the result of an initial query (Yes/No) to other queries. Here's what my non-working macro looks like (I'm including it to display my (probably wrong) thought process: **1st Attack:** *+1 Earth Breaker* hits AC [[1d20cs[[19]]+@{repeating_weapon_$0_total-attack}]] for [[2d6+@{repeating_weapon_$0_total-damage}+?{Power Attack?:|Yes, (@{selected|bar2}*3)|No, 0}]] damage. **2nd Attack:** *+1 Earth Breaker* hits AC [[1d20cs[[19]]+@{repeating_weapon_$0_total-attack}-5-?{Power Attack?:|Yes, @{selected|bar2})|No, 0}]] for [[2d6+@{repeating_weapon_$0_total-damage}+?{Power Attack?:|Yes, (@{selected|bar2}*3)|No, 0}]] damage. Should I write several smaller macros (1 for initial attack damage, one for iterative attack attacks, and one for iterative attack damage) and then fold them into one master attack macro?  I'm trying to avoid this because it seems so sloppy. Please let me know if you need more information from me.  Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. EDIT:  Ideally, my macro will use the same template that I get when I click a die in the character sheet, but I have yet to get that to work.
Scott C. said: Hi embers. Just a note, this thread is for the community pathfinder sheet, not the pathfinder by Roll20 sheet. You may get more traction on this by posting a new thread. I will note though that afaik, the charactermancer on the pathfinder by Roll20 sheet only supports level 1 characters. Thanks, Scott. Still figuring things out, I guess. :)
where/how do you put racal stat bonuses and traits?

Edited 1587807432
Hello. I am using Pathfinder Community Sheet. And below is the macro I'm using: /w gm &{template:pf_generic} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{name=Saves}} {{?{Saves| Fort, Fort= [[ 1d20+ [[ @{selected|fort} ]] ]] | Ref, Reflex= [[ 1d20+ [[ @{selected|ref} ]] ]] | Will, Will= [[ 1d20+ [[ @{selected|will} ]] ]] }}} I would like to add the following snippet to the macro " + ?{Modifiers|0} ", but unfortunately for the life of me I just cannot figure where it goes. Any help regarding the matter would be highly appreciated! Also, what would be the snippet to also include the save notes from the character sheet using this method...? Edit Well, after hours of trying, I was able to come up with this code: /w gm &{template:pf_defense} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{name=Saves}} {{save_notes=@{selected|Save-notes}}} {{?{Saves| Fort, Fort= [[ 1d20 + [[ @{selected|fort} ]] ]] | Ref, Reflex= [[ 1d20+ [[ @{selected|ref} ]] ]] | Will, Will= [[ 1d20+ [[ @{selected|will} ]] ]] } + [[ ?{Modifiers|0} ]] }} It works alright, but the input modifier prints as a separate field for the roll result. eg. 30 + 4, instead showing as 34. How do I get them to calculate together?
Does this do what you're looking for? /w gm &{template:pf_defense} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{name=Saves}} {{save_notes=@{selected|Save-notes}}} {{Roll= [[1d20 + ?{Saves| Fort, (@{selected|fort}) | Ref, (@{selected|ref}) | Will, (@{selected|will}) } + ?{Modifiers|0} ]] }} It doesn't show you which save was rolled, but it's fairly simple. If you want to both see which save was rolled and add in the modifier, you'd have to nest the queries and use HTML entities, which gets ugly fast: /w gm &{template:pf_defense} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{name=Saves}} {{save_notes=@{selected|Save-notes}}} {{?{Saves| Fort, Fort= [[ 1d20 + @{selected|fort} + ?{Modifiers|0} ]] | Ref, Reflex= [[ 1d20 + @{selected|ref} + ?{Modifiers|0} ]] | Will, Will= [[ 1d20 + @{selected|will} + ?{Modifiers|0} ]] } }} Memm said: Hello. I am using Pathfinder Community Sheet. And below is the macro I'm using: /w gm &{template:pf_generic} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{name=Saves}} {{?{Saves| Fort, Fort= [[ 1d20+ [[ @{selected|fort} ]] ]] | Ref, Reflex= [[ 1d20+ [[ @{selected|ref} ]] ]] | Will, Will= [[ 1d20+ [[ @{selected|will} ]] ]] }}} I would like to add the following snippet to the macro " + ?{Modifiers|0} ", but unfortunately for the life of me I just cannot figure where it goes. Any help regarding the matter would be highly appreciated! Also, what would be the snippet to also include the save notes from the character sheet using this method...? Edit Well, after hours of trying, I was able to come up with this code: /w gm &{template:pf_defense} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{name=Saves}} {{save_notes=@{selected|Save-notes}}} {{?{Saves| Fort, Fort= [[ 1d20 + [[ @{selected|fort} ]] ]] | Ref, Reflex= [[ 1d20+ [[ @{selected|ref} ]] ]] | Will, Will= [[ 1d20+ [[ @{selected|will} ]] ]] } + [[ ?{Modifiers|0} ]] }} It works alright, but the input modifier prints as a separate field for the roll result. eg. 30 + 4, instead showing as 34. How do I get them to calculate together?

Edited 1587828925
Hi, I was adding spell to a character, from a certain moment, I noticed that the sheet stopped calculating. For exemple, if I put 14 for Dexterity, it won't calculate/write the modifier +2. This is the same for all my characters and all categories. I don't know what to do, recalc doen't work and I have a session tonight. Thanks for reading. EDIT : 1 hour after, it seems to work again. I haven't done something special since my post, just waited.
Is there a built-in setting to keep track of uses for abilities that have a limited number of uses?  For example, I have a creature with a spell-like ability it can use 3 times per day, and I can use a chat menu to select the ability and execute the default (or slightly tweaked) macro that displays the effect, description and related info.  But can it be set so that the next time I call the macro, the number of available uses has been decremented by one due to the prior call?  Or would I have to add some custom macro text to do this?  If so, can someone provide an example of how it is done?  Most of the creatures have enough options that I can keep picking different tactics and they won't run out of things to do before the PCs defeat them.  But others have some go-to options that are so effective they should really exhaust the uses in a life-or-death battle, and it would be great if the system could help me keep track with a global or sheet setting, rather than a lot of individual macro modifications.  I suspect the latter may be relatively simple, but tedious to do for all of the things with limited uses that might be called in a chat menu.  Another line at the end of its macro for something like  "uses = uses minus one" is probably the brute force way to track, but I'm wondering if I've missed an easier way to do this.

Edited 1587909911
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
That requires the API (requires the game's creator is a pro subscriber), specifically the pathfinder companion script has this functionality.
I have been using the Pathfinder Community Sheet and its awesome -- thanks to the devs for all this great work. So I was wondering -- is there any built-in way to make sheet rolls into token rolls? If not, how would I manually do this?

Edited 1588129887
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Krogenar said: I have been using the Pathfinder Community Sheet and its awesome -- thanks to the devs for all this great work. So I was wondering -- is there any built-in way to make sheet rolls into token rolls? If not, how would I manually do this? The Pathfinder Companion Script (API scripts require a Pro subscription) does this and MUCH, MUCH, more. The sheet includes chat menus for just about anything you could possibly roll from the sheet.  Also, you can drag/drop any sheet button, including chat menu buttons to the quickbar(rename/colorize/rearrange as needed). You can manually create an ability macro from the Attributes & Abilities tab.  You can make a roll from the sheet and use the UP arrow within the chat input window to see the last command sent to chat.  You can use that information to create your own ability macros. Example; If you make a Fort save from the sheet and use the UP arrow trick, you will see something like "@{GALLF|PC-whisper} @{GALLF|fort-save-macro-text}"  You can make a new ability macro called "Fort" and paste that same macro into the text input and it will do the same roll but from an ability macro.  You could also change the specific character name to "selected|" if you would like to use that macro with other characters or possibly as a "global" collection macro. Hope this helps.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
To add on to Vince's final example. You can also just put an ability call in as an ability on a character (or as a macro using the selected syntax he showed), and then it will call that roll button as needed. something like: %{selected|roll-for-initiative}

Edited 1588818353
gNoam
Plus
This sheet is mostly great but there's a few features missing that would be nice to have. Monks. There's no way of adding an additional stat to AC and CMD. This one seems pretty basic, it's a core class, there should be another drop down menu to select a stat from. Put a toggle for it in settings under defenses. Skills. Want an option to uncheck armor check penalty applying to individual skills. For things like cavalier not applying acp to ride. Speaking of ACP it displays that info on the defenses page, which seems kinda irrelevant, and not on the skills page, where you would actually want to see it. Swashbucklers/investigators. There's no way of adding an extra dice roll to a skill. Want an optional space you can put [[1d6!]] into. Gunslingers. There's no critical fumble option for missfires (at least this one you can edit the roll template to add it in, but then you have to know what you're doing and it's fairly hidden). Druids/natural attacks/dual wielding. Would be nice to be able to set up multiple attacks in one macro with different damages (again, you can do this by editing the roll templates but it's a pain). I guess the expectation is to have 4 different macros for a dragon with bite, claws, wing buffet, tail slap, then click them all to attack. When you play a druid and have attacks set up for dozens of different forms, it gets really messy. Maybe if there was just a way to sort all your attack macros into different categories. Spellcasting oddities. Would be really nice to be able to add an attack roll into the spell macro instead of having to create an attack for it which you then have to roll separately off the attacks page and doesn't show any of the spell info with it.
I am using an updated version of the old PCGen PFImport-script to import characters exported from PCGen. My coder managed to get spells imported, but for some reason the level-sorting doesn't work even though spell levels are imported. If I change the spell level using the dropdown away from the actual spell level, then back to the correct one sorting starts to work. I am noticing the same behaviour on all similar sorting-tabs (Abilities, Equipment List, etc.) Is there anything my coder can do to make it work from the get-go? Best regards.
I'm not a sheet author, but I do know that several of the things you requested already exist. Noam G. said: This sheet is mostly great but there's a few features missing that would be nice to have. Monks. There's no way of adding an additional stat to AC and CMD. This one seems pretty basic, it's a core class, there should be another drop down menu to select a stat from. Put a toggle for it in settings under defenses. This can be easily done with a buff. Just set the bonus to "AC", the bonus type to "Untyped", and the buff calc to @{WIS-mod}. It has the additional benefit of being easy to turn off if the character becomes encumbered or helpless. Skills. Want an option to uncheck armor check penalty applying to individual skills. For things like cavalier not applying acp to ride. Speaking of ACP it displays that info on the defenses page, which seems kinda irrelevant, and not on the skills page, where you would actually want to see it. A workaround for this would be to insert "-(@{acp})" in the misc macro field for that individual skill. Swashbucklers/investigators. There's no way of adding an extra dice roll to a skill. Want an optional space you can put [[1d6!]] into. This has already been implemented. Under skill options, set "Add Skill Bonus Macro" to yes, and it'll give you a field to put the bonus in. It even defaults to [[1d6]]. Gunslingers. There's no critical fumble option for missfires (at least this one you can edit the roll template to add it in, but then you have to know what you're doing and it's fairly hidden). Druids/natural attacks/dual wielding. Would be nice to be able to set up multiple attacks in one macro with different damages (again, you can do this by editing the roll templates but it's a pain). I guess the expectation is to have 4 different macros for a dragon with bite, claws, wing buffet, tail slap, then click them all to attack. When you play a druid and have attacks set up for dozens of different forms, it gets really messy. Maybe if there was just a way to sort all your attack macros into different categories. You can already sort your attack macros into different categories. For each attack, in the "Misc" section, there's a field labeled "Group" if you put a name in, it'll group together all attacks with the same group name. For my nephew's druid, I have "Melee", "Ranged", "Wolf", "Eagle", etc. Spellcasting oddities. Would be really nice to be able to add an attack roll into the spell macro instead of having to create an attack for it which you then have to roll separately off the attacks page and doesn't show any of the spell info with it. You can add a button to the description of the spell that will roll the attack so that you don't need to go to the attacks page. Just insert [Attack Roll](~CHARNAME|repeating_weapon_ATTACKID_attack-roll) wherever you want the button to appear, replacing CHARNAME and ATTACKID appropriately.

Edited 1588947675
Jason H.
KS Backer
I'm currently playing a dual-wield hand crossbow build in Return of the Runelords, and I'm using the Dual Wield (BETA) to manage my full attacks.  By my current (multiclassed) level plan, I'll get my 3rd iterative attack at level 19.  At that time, I'll have 8 iterative attacks, Rapid Shot, and (for most combats) Haste, for a total of 10 attacks in a full attack. The Attacks on the character sheet only have 9 lines under Iterative Atks.  Is there any way to expand those in the Dual Wield to at least 10?  Dual-wield ranged builds, Hurtful dual-wield melee builds (and others I'm not thinking of) will all be in my predicament. Thanks for all the work you put into this sheet.  It's really one of the best character sheets I've ever used, and certainly the best free one. EDIT: Also, text in the Notes field under Misc for the dual wield attacks doesn't show up in the chat, but does for normal attacks.
An amazing sheet that I just found, thanks for the three years of hard work everyone! I went through the 41 pages of this thread looking for how to set the sheet where it isn't default pop out, and I'm sorry I didn't see it. I may be the only one having this problem I guess. I cant drag and drop spells when the sheet is popped out, so where do I set the default to be "not popped out" please?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The popout is a game setting. Look under the settings tab for your Roll20 game (cog icon on the far upper right of the chat pane. There is a checkbox there for it.
This is the best sheet on Roll20! Thank you so much for all the detail & options. I have a question about some of the new features. They auto-populated on some characters and not on others. Perhaps certain characters were missed by the routine sheet-updates that happen with auto-update on? Can I trigger it in any way? Here's one disparity I'm seeing (screenshot): Some PCs updated to the options on the left and can now see all those handy-choices in the token-bar up top. Some did not get those, and I can manually add them but I wondered if there is a function I can engage to do it? Are these PCs corrupted in some way that prevents them from receiving new sheet features? Should I rebuild them on a clean sheet?  Thanks!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The sheet has no control over token actions Tobias. You must have made those token actions manually.
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Actually, those abilities were created by the Companion API Script. Use "!pfc --config" to bring up the config menu, then you can configure what token actions the script will automatically create; hit "apply settings to campaign" to have it go through the characters to create the token actions you've set on the characters it missed.
Thanks! I tried that api briefly but didn't find it useful. I didn't realize it did this to some characters but not others. Fixing now. 
Hey there! Anyone know how to make an attack such as a natural bite do explosive damage? So I do 3D6 damage but I want it to be explosive AKA 3D6!? Thanks in advance! Adam.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Adam said: Hey there! Anyone know how to make an attack such as a natural bite do explosive damage? So I do 3D6 damage but I want it to be explosive AKA 3D6!? Thanks in advance! Adam. You should be able to add that as "Add to Damage macro" using [[3D6!]]. You might also change the reguler damage roll dice to "0" as well.
1st, been using this sheet for about 5 years now. Its fantastic and I love playing with each iteration. 2nd, I've never found the auto dual wield to be particularly useful, typically i'll set up an iterative attack and edit the macro to have the rolls reference a completely separate attack. Some thing like {{attack3=[[ 1d20cs>[[ @{repeating_weapon_$2_crit-target} ]] + [[ @{attack_macro} + @{iterative_attack3_value} ]] [iterative] ]]}} {{damage3=[[ @{repeating_weapon_$2_damage-dice-num}d@{repeating_weapon_$2_damage-die} + @{repeating_weapon_$2_damage_macro} ]]}} {{crit_confirm3=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{repeating_weapon_$2_attack_macro} + @{iterative_attack3_value} ]] [iterative] + [[ @{repeating_weapon_$2_crit_conf_mod} ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage3=[[ [[ @{repeating_weapon_$2_damage-dice-num} * [[ @{repeating_weapon_$2_crit-multiplier} - 1 ]] ]]d@{repeating_weapon_$2_damage-die} + ((@{repeating_weapon_$2_damage_macro}) * [[ @{repeating_weapon_$2_crit-multiplier} - 1 ]]) ]]}} {{precision_dmg31=@{repeating_weapon_$2_precision_dmg_macro}}} {{precision_dmg32=@{global_precision_dmg_macro}}} {{critical_dmg31=@{repeating_weapon_$2_critical_dmg_macro}}} {{attack3name=@{iterative_attack3_name}}} would there be someway to automate that, like set a drop down for the iterative attack to reference a different attack slot for its rolls? Would that be easier than the current dual wield system? 3rd, we confirm critical fumbles in our game so even if you roll a 1 its not earth shattering, unless you then confirm it by rolling under the enemies AC or by rolling another 1, similar to how critical success works but in reverse. Is there some way write that in to the macro? I see where it pulls from crit_confirm to roll a confirm for that, but I'm looking to add a similar roll for crit fails, and so far my google fu is failing me.  
Hey there, I'm new to Roll20. Loving the site and loving this sheet, but have one issue I'm stuck on. I created a bloodrager NPC with the sheet, added the common buff for rage. When I toggle this buff using the sheet everything works fine. Damage and attack rolls use the buffed strength score. When I toggle this buff from a macro using the ChatSetAttr API script the buff toggles fine, the attack roll uses the buffed strength score but the damage roll does not. I'd like to do this so I can do some other things when the rage toggles, like setting a status marker and putting some text in the chat. The API console shows the following line when the script toggles the buff: "SHEET WORKER ERROR: You attempted to set an attribute beginning with 'repeating_' but did not include a Row ID or Attribute Name in repeating_weapon_total-damage" Is this an issue with my script or in the sheet?

Edited 1589306422
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Your macro may have an error in it. Can you share that?

Edited 1589311210
Certainly. Thanks for helping. It's just three lines: /me flies into a rage! !setattr --silent --sel --repeating_buff2_$0_enable_toggle|1 !token-mod --set statusmarkers|strong Edit: I just tried the code from the wiki : !setattr --sel --repeating_buff2_$0_enable_toggle|[[1-@{selected|repeating_buff2_$0_enable_toggle}]] Same result for the rolls and same message in the console.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
hmm, certainly looks right. Might be something with the code in the sheet.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Curious, can you toggle the buff manually?
Vince said: Curious, can you toggle the buff manually? Yes I can. Manually toggling the buff works fine, and also doesn't throw the error in the console. And to be clear, the buff toggles fine when I make the API call. The checkbox get ticked, the modifiers appear in the 'current buffs' section, etc. Just the STR increase doesn't get propagated to the damage of an attack roll. So it keeps using the pre-buff STR modifier.
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Replace $2 with the actual row ID.
Can we get the Pathfinder Society playernum and characternum added to the community sheet?  They are in the Hero Lab XML. I ask because I wrote this little macro as a token action that players can perform during mustering to send all of their pertinent info to chat: @{selected|character_name} Level @{selected|level} @{selected|faction_notes} ?{Progression|Normal|Slow} It would be nice if I could get everything in one button click from anyone who shows up to play at my table.
James W. said: Replace $2 with the actual row ID. I I assume you mean $0 with the row ID of the buff? I just tried and got the same result. Buff toggles, abilities are modified but attack damage is not updated. The message in the API console also refers to the repeating weapon Row ID?.  "SHEET WORKER ERROR: You attempted to set an attribute beginning with 'repeating_' but did not include a Row ID or Attribute Name in repeating_weapon_total-damage" Out of curiosity I removed all attacks from the sheet and toggled the buff again through the API. In that scenario the API console does not display this message. 
Machiel said: Vince said: Curious, can you toggle the buff manually? Yes I can. Manually toggling the buff works fine, and also doesn't throw the error in the console. And to be clear, the buff toggles fine when I make the API call. The checkbox get ticked, the modifiers appear in the 'current buffs' section, etc. Just the STR increase doesn't get propagated to the damage of an attack roll. So it keeps using the pre-buff STR modifier. We have this same issue as well, manually selecting the BUFF seems to be the only way to get the damage to calculate the damage correctly. Using !setattr or !pfc --statuscontrol to toggle a STR modifier BUFF, calculates the TO HIT correctly but doesn't update the DAMAGE, forcing a recalculate of the sheet corrects the DAMAGE calculation.
On the attributes tab of a character sheet, someone accidentally deleted the first attribute (PC whisper).  Will that affect anything during play if we didn't originally have anything in the associated boxes?  Are the attributes completely different from fields that exist in the sheet?  I think all of my macros refer to things that exist in the character sheet, and none were built to draw from things named in the attributes sheet, but are there built-in functions that expect certain attributes to exist?  What would be a typical use for the PC whisper attribute?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
If you use the whisper options(try changing the selector) on the settings page, it should automatically recreate the whisper related attributes if they have been deleted.
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Is there any reason that NPC attack macros display the PC macro text on the sheet, but use the NPC macro text (which isn't shown for editing) when rolled? This is making it impossible to customize my NPC attack macros, and is a strange inconsistency. The only reason I can see to do this is to be able to use @{NPC-whisper} instead of @{PC-whisper}, but this is already part of the roll button, so it shouldn't need to be in the macro text, too. I've done some quick testing, and it's definitely doubling up on the whisper command, it's just being hidden by the template. I think we should remove the whisper attribute from the macro text, eliminate the NPC macro text attribute, and just use the same macro text attribute for both NPC and PC roll buttons.