Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

I must be very stupid or very blind, but I cannot for the life of me find any resources on how to convert an existing game from the Roll20 Pathfinder sheet to the PF Community Sheet. Any assistance or guidance would be very much appreciated!

Edited 1605134805
Nathan, this makes you neither stupid nor blind. To the best of my knowledge, there is currently no automated way to switch. You would need either to manually recreate each individual character's sheet or to try to come up with an API script or something similar on your own to accomplish such a switch. For all but the tiniest of campaigns, this would be a massive undertaking. As much as I prefer the community sheet to the official one, I'd never recommend trying to switch mid-campaign. Nathan M. said: I must be very stupid or very blind, but I cannot for the life of me find any resources on how to convert an existing game from the Roll20 Pathfinder sheet to the PF Community Sheet. Any assistance or guidance would be very much appreciated!
Issue Report: Currently, CMB calculations only include bonuses/penalties that strictly affect all "Attack" rolls. This means that penalties for things like the Prone condition are not tracked properly for CMB.
Hi I have a question I'm working on a macro for attack rolls and I'm looking for a way to just call the primary attack when you have already set up Iterative attacks? I know there is a way to just call the iterative attacks but not the primary.   Thanks in advance.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Carsten L. said: Hi I have a question I'm working on a macro for attack rolls and I'm looking for a way to just call the primary attack when you have already set up Iterative attacks? I know there is a way to just call the iterative attacks but not the primary.   Thanks in advance. Not directly, but you can modify your iterative macro-text to use a query. Replace all the left curly braces in the iterative attack's macro-text, ie " {{ " with " ?{Include Iterative Attack?|No,|Yes,{{} " .The query controls whether or not the iterative attacks are shown. example; ?{Include Iterative Attack?|No,|Yes,{{}attack2=[[ 1d20cs>[[ @{crit-target} ]] + [[ @{attack_macro} + @{iterative_attack2_value} ]] [iterative] ]]}} ?{Include Iterative Attack?|No,|Yes,{{}damage2=[[ @{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + @{damage_macro} ]]}} ?{Include Iterative Attack?|No,|Yes,{{}crit_confirm2=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{attack_macro} + @{iterative_attack2_value} + [[ ?{2nd Destined Strike?|No,0|Yes,1}*( ({floor(@{class-0-level}/2),1)}kh1 ) ]] ]] [iterative] + [[ @{crit_conf_mod} ]] ]]}} ?{Include Iterative Attack?|No,|Yes,{{}crit_damage2=[[ [[ @{damage-dice-num} * [[ @{crit-multiplier} - 1 ]] ]]d@{damage-die} + ((@{damage_macro}) * [[ @{crit-multiplier} - 1 ]]) ]]}} ?{Include Iterative Attack?|No,|Yes,{{}precision_dmg21=@{precision_dmg_macro}}} ?{Include Iterative Attack?|No,|Yes,{{}precision_dmg22=@{global_precision_dmg_macro}}} ?{Include Iterative Attack?|No,|Yes,{{}critical_dmg21=@{critical_dmg_macro}}} ?{Include Iterative Attack?|No,|Yes,{{}critical_dmg22=@{global_critical_dmg_macro}}} ?{Include Iterative Attack?|No,|Yes,{{}attack2name=@{iterative_attack2_name}}}
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Mikujin said: Issue Report: Currently, CMB calculations only include bonuses/penalties that strictly affect all "Attack" rolls. This means that penalties for things like the Prone condition are not tracked properly for CMB. I believe this was intentional since it depends on the specific combat maneuver.&nbsp; Prone specifically calls out a "–4 penalty on melee attack rolls"... There seems to be some argument whether all combat maneuvers are considered melee attacks.&nbsp; (<a href="https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2ro0l&amp;page=1?Is-a-combat-maneuver-considered-a-melee-attack" rel="nofollow">https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2ro0l&amp;page=1?Is-a-combat-maneuver-considered-a-melee-attack</a>)&nbsp; Granted, the link is simply rules banter, but it does seem to indicate that CMB's are only considered melee attacks depending on the type of maneuver being attempted.
Im starting a Rise of the Runelords campaign soon and does switching its character sheet to yours work at all cause your sheet is way better.

Edited 1605490786
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Draco said: Im starting a Rise of the Runelords campaign soon and does switching its character sheet to yours work at all cause your sheet is way better. The community sheet definitely isn't "my sheet" ;-) But thanks.&nbsp; Lot's of people have contributed to it over many years.&nbsp; Unfortunately, the community sheet isn't directly compatible with the marketplace paizo/roll20 licensed products.&nbsp; While it does allow drag/drop from roll20's free Pathfinder srd (spells, items, feats, etc.) and bestiary(monster parsing), but you can't drag monsters from the official Bestiary to the sheet or vtt and have a monster auto-created along with a linked token.&nbsp; I believe that can happen with the marketplace's rotr campaign, bestiary, and similar.&nbsp; More work would definitely be involved in using the community sheet.&nbsp; Pro users can use the pathfinder companion script to import monster statblocks (and many other sheet enhancements.&nbsp; A must have script for the community sheet BTW!)&nbsp; I honestly don't know how much work would be involved in getting rotr to work with the community sheet, or which features would be completely lost/wasted on trying to do so... Curious if anyone has tried it.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
So I guess I should have asked when you brought this up a few weeks ago; Is your game on the Developer's server?&nbsp; I'm asking now because I'm seeing this same issue (css is not loading for the sheet on the Dev server).&nbsp; Anyone else seeing the same? American Idiot said: I must be really dumb cause i have no idea what im supposed to do cause i only get this pls help
First off I wanted to say how amazing this sheet is.&nbsp; This is my first PF game I've ever played/run and at first the sheet seemed overwhelming.&nbsp; But the more I've messed around with it, the more I'm amazed at what you can do with it.&nbsp; However I think I may have run into a bug, when trying to roll a concentration check from the "NPC" tab it tries to roll a "1d00" instead of a d20.&nbsp; Its a fairly simple work around for users, just wanted to bring it to light. I also wanted to ask if anyone knows a work around for calling sheet attributes that include the "|" special character in the attribute name.&nbsp; The one in particular I'm trying to call is the @{repeating_ability_$X_used|max}.&nbsp; I have done a little research and realize it is looking for a character named "repeating_ability_$X" with attribute "max".&nbsp; I've tried substituting the special character with &amp;#124 and it still isn't working.&nbsp; If there is a work around then great, if not then my temp fix will have to do.

Edited 1606449161
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Nick, that little npc concentration bug is definitely a typo... I'll get that fixed asap. You should be able to use&nbsp; @{repeating_ability_$X_used_max} where you substitute the $X with the abilities rowID (if you haven't done so, show additional fields on the sheet by going to settings|sheet configuration|advanced and enable the checkboxes).
I figured it was probably a typo, and I figured out the $X being the $0,$1 and what not.&nbsp; But I'll give the "_" replacement a shot.&nbsp; Thanks for the quick reply by the way.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Nick L. said: I figured it was probably a typo, and I figured out the $X being the $0,$1 and what not.&nbsp; But I'll give the "_" replacement a shot.&nbsp; Thanks for the quick reply by the way. You're welcome.&nbsp; I'll try and get an update over the weekend. FYI: rowID vs static row numbers is always the better option.&nbsp; If you ever reorder your abilities (applies to any repeating rows on roll20 sheets) any macro based on static row numbers will call the value of whatever is currently in that rows position.&nbsp; Using rowID will ALWAYS grab that repeating entry regardless of it's row/position.
An update to the "|" problem, I tried replacing it with the "_" and it failed to return any value at all.&nbsp; It didn't give me an error or anything saying that it couldn't be found.&nbsp; It was just an empty field in the template in chat.&nbsp; I'm not overly concerned with this issue any more though as I've discovered another neat feature of the sheet that makes what I was trying to accomplish irrelevant. However I am also having a similar issue with a spell not pulling damage.&nbsp; Which has me confused because I've used the exact same process on other spells and its worked no problem.&nbsp; The specific part of code that is giving me trouble is this: {{damage=@{repeating_spells_$2_damage-macro-text} @{repeating_spells_$2_damage-type}}} In the template in chat it has the "Damage" row show up but it doesn't pull anything from either of the associated attributes on character sheet and is just blank after "Damage". Lastly how do I utilize rowID in macros/abilities?&nbsp; Do I just replace the appropriate static row number with the rowID?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Nick L. said: An update to the "|" problem, I tried replacing it with the "_" and it failed to return any value at all.&nbsp; It didn't give me an error or anything saying that it couldn't be found.&nbsp; It was just an empty field in the template in chat.&nbsp; I'm not overly concerned with this issue any more though as I've discovered another neat feature of the sheet that makes what I was trying to accomplish irrelevant. However I am also having a similar issue with a spell not pulling damage.&nbsp; Which has me confused because I've used the exact same process on other spells and its worked no problem.&nbsp; The specific part of code that is giving me trouble is this: {{damage=@{repeating_spells_$2_damage-macro-text} @{repeating_spells_$2_damage-type}}} In the template in chat it has the "Damage" row show up but it doesn't pull anything from either of the associated attributes on character sheet and is just blank after "Damage". Lastly how do I utilize rowID in macros/abilities?&nbsp; Do I just replace the appropriate static row number with the rowID? Hmm, actually I used "|max" not "_max" and was able to pull the max value like so; @{selected|repeating_ability_-l3wnhpce3hhgs5woqgz_used|max}&nbsp; (grabbed the rowID from the repeating row) In regards to the spall damage macro;&nbsp; Is this an ability macro?&nbsp; If you include the rowID, can you call individual attributes from a chat command? ie [[ @{repeating_spells_-l3wnhpce3hhgs5woqgz_damage-macro-text} ]] sidenote: I found another bug that was preventing a spells attack damage-type from showing with the roll template even with the show spell damage option enabled from spell options.&nbsp; Adding that to the next update as well.
I figured out the rowID thing last night, now to go back and update a bunch of abilities lol.&nbsp; I'll have to play around with the "|" to figure out what exactly was causing me issues.&nbsp; But I'm glad I'm helping you find bugs.&nbsp; A question on how the updates on sheets work though.&nbsp; Do the sheets automatically update or do I need to do anything to make that happen?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
"Live" Sheets are automatically updated. This was done weekly with merges being processed on Mon mornings and propagating to the Live/Main server by Tues/Wed.&nbsp; &nbsp;Pro users using custom sheet code must manually update their games by using the latest code(html,css,translation) from roll20's github repository . Recently it was announced that roll20 is increasing the frequency of merges, so it's anybody's guess when updates are actually happening.&nbsp; More frequent updates and less to instant propagation should be an improvement.
Uh, something broke&nbsp; All new feats I try to enter now have no description box. Some old feats have lost their description box (but if you click them they still output the description correctly to the chat) The same issue exists all over the sheet. Some spells have descriptions, some don't&nbsp; Every new entry I make on the sheet is missing the description box. What do I do? I've tried using a different, clean browser. I've tried closing and reopening r20 several times. It only exists on this one character. If I try on a different sheet, it works just fine.

Edited 1606869210
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Arkandos, looks like you are in "Compact" mode.&nbsp; Change back to edit mode by clicking the mode button next to the PF Logo or the "Compact/Edit Mode" text in the upper right corner of the sheet.&nbsp; Compact mode will hide many of the fields on the sheet is all.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Yeah I managed to find it. But why would it remove *some* description boxes and not all? I could see the descriptions of maybe 20% of spells.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Arkandos said: Yeah I managed to find it. But why would it remove *some* description boxes and not all? I could see the descriptions of maybe 20% of spells. OK, I see what you're saying... It appears that Compact mode is only hiding the Description toggle button.&nbsp; So if you have a description box expanded (and this is probably the case with the abilities section as well. I'll need to check), the box remains viewable in compact mode.&nbsp; I don't believe that was the intent when we added the Compact feature.&nbsp; Marked as a bug and I'll try and get that fixed with the next update. Thanks
I have question regarding buffs on specific weapons.&nbsp; One of my players has a furious greataxe, where I'd like to add to the Rage buff, that it also buffs the enhancement bonus of said weapon. Is it possible to do this?&nbsp;

Edited 1607480069
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Zaibusa said: I have question regarding buffs on specific weapons.&nbsp; One of my players has a furious greataxe, where I'd like to add to the Rage buff, that it also buffs the enhancement bonus of said weapon. Is it possible to do this?&nbsp; Hi Zaibusa, Kind of... one option; include a "customa" attribute in the Rage buff.&nbsp; Then add "@{customa-mod}" to the attack's attack and damage modifier fields. example;
∇ince said: Zaibusa said: I have question regarding buffs on specific weapons.&nbsp; One of my players has a furious greataxe, where I'd like to add to the Rage buff, that it also buffs the enhancement bonus of said weapon. Is it possible to do this?&nbsp; Hi Zaibusa, Kind of... one option; include a "customa" attribute in the Rage buff.&nbsp; Then add "@{customa-mod}" to the attack's attack and damage modifier fields. example; Ah, I was trying around with the customs, but didn't figure it out in this case. Thanks!
Not sure what I'm doing wrong or if it's a bug.&nbsp; But when I'm trying to call the character sheet buttons ("Ability Checks", "Defenses", etc) inside a character ability it is just throwing up the text for the buttons name.&nbsp; For example, I create an ability called "Defenses" and in the macro field I enter "%{selected|defenses}" as that is the name for it.&nbsp; But when I try to use the ability it just throws up the plain text "%{selected|defenses}" instead of actually calling the button macro.&nbsp; However when I do the exact thing for the "Ability Checks" button it works.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Nick L. said: Not sure what I'm doing wrong or if it's a bug.&nbsp; But when I'm trying to call the character sheet buttons ("Ability Checks", "Defenses", etc) inside a character ability it is just throwing up the text for the buttons name.&nbsp; For example, I create an ability called "Defenses" and in the macro field I enter "%{selected|defenses}" as that is the name for it.&nbsp; But when I try to use the ability it just throws up the plain text "%{selected|defenses}" instead of actually calling the button macro.&nbsp; However when I do the exact thing for the "Ability Checks" button it works. I'm not really sure why you cannot get %{selected|defenses}, or the other chat menu buttons for that matter... to function from a macro as expected.&nbsp; I believe that I've created ability and collection macros precisely in the manner you mention.&nbsp; Nothing has changed on the sheet, but maybe there was a change in roll20?&nbsp; IDK&nbsp; I'll keep investigating. You might try this instead;&nbsp; (some examples) Defenses /w "@{selected|character_name}" @{selected|defenses-macro} All /w "@{selected|character_name}" @{selected|allmenus_macro} Attacks /w "@{selected|character_name}" @{selected|attacks-macro} Skills /w "@{selected|character_name}" @{selected|skills-macro}
So after playing around I've figured out that it works correctly, calling "%{selected|ability_checks} and %{selected|skills}, but not with any of the other buttons.&nbsp; Not sure why that is though.&nbsp; However for the buttons that are acting up, I tried doing it your way and it seems to function.&nbsp; So thanks again for helping me decipher your amazingly complex, but amazingly powerful character sheet.

Edited 1610163593
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Nick, hmm.&nbsp; That might help determine what's wrong.&nbsp; Currently playing with our group..., but I'll do some more investigating.&nbsp; Glad the workaround is useful.&nbsp; BTW: the sheet was done by lot's of great volunteers.&nbsp; I'm just still here helping as I can... ;-) Cheers
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Nick L. said: So after playing around I've figured out that it works correctly, calling "%{selected|ability_checks} and %{selected|skills}, but not with any of the other buttons.&nbsp; Not sure why that is though.&nbsp; However for the buttons that are acting up, I tried doing it your way and it seems to function.&nbsp; So thanks again for helping me decipher your amazingly complex, but amazingly powerful character sheet. After a little more testing, I think this is related to an old roll20 limitation.&nbsp; I noticed if you create a custom ability macro named the same as an existing&nbsp; sheet button, the macro fails. The macro does not execute, posting the macro as text instead. Example; creating a custom ability macro called "Defenses" which includes the sheet's roll for Defenses ie "%{selected|defenses}" it would simply post "%{selected|defenses}" in chat instead of executing the Defenses roll. ;-( Solution; Make sure to name your custom ability macros differently than the ones used on the sheet.&nbsp; So in the example above, try naming it "Defenses-roll" or ".Defenses", or... to prevent any conflicts. Hope this helps. Cheers
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
PF Community v1.78 update&nbsp; #8059 - Attack(and iteratives) damage type, Spell attack damage type, and Ability attack damage type is now displayed on the same row as the damage rolled. - Fix for open Descriptions fields from being displayed if the sheet was set to compact mode. - Fix for NPC Concentration checks rolling 1d00 instead of 1d20. - Fix for the Basic attacks condition column not showing an attk-penalty for applicable conditions. - Fix for Spell Damage type not displaying when show Spell Damage was enabled from the Spell Options. - Updated to google fonts; "Noto Sans" for general text and "Roboto Mono" for macro-text. - Added FF CMD to the Defense Stats chat menu output. - Removed Enhancement column from Saves grid. - Adjusted damage dice text alignment on attack rows. - Removed the Max column from Encumbrance|Loads. Max is auto-calculated for the Lift Off the Ground value. Here are a few sheet updates/fixes.&nbsp; Hopefully more to come (focused on bugs)... Cheers

Edited 1610590549
Hi there, one of my players checked the box display advanced roll-time macro fields and tried many times to refresh the sheet, but the option doesn't appear. Did she do something wrong? P.S we tried to delete the character sheet and do a new one and it still doesn't work.

Edited 1610594109
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The DM said: Hi there, one of my players checked the box display advanced roll-time macro fields and tried many times to refresh the sheet, but the option doesn't appear. Did she do something wrong? P.S we tried to delete the character sheet and do a new one and it still doesn't work. Hi The DM, That's odd...&nbsp; Just to verify; if they check the show "display advanced roll-time macro fields" from settings|sheet configuration|advanced, does the "All Attacks Macros" under the Attacks Tab|Extra Damage or Attack Modifiers sub-section NOT display? &nbsp; Chrome or FF, not some other browser?&nbsp; Sheet is in edit mode, correct? Thanks
Is there any way for me as a Cavalier to work around the ACP for the relevant skills?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Luminous said: Is there any way for me as a Cavalier to work around the ACP for the relevant skills? Hi Luminous, You can use the "Misc Macro" field to modify your skill total.&nbsp; example; If you want to remove ACP on Ride, use " abs(@{acp})".

Edited 1610852914
Another question here, when a player levels up, how do they manually add in what they rolled for HP?&nbsp; In the setting section I have auto-calc unchecked and it still seems to be doing it on its own. EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out.
Is anyone else having trouble with the HeroLab import workflow (HL -&gt; XML -&gt; JSON)? I'm finding it's suddenly not working, with the error "Cannot read property 'substr' of undefined" showing up. My guess is that something has changed in&nbsp; <a href="https://codebeautify.org/xmltojson" rel="nofollow">https://codebeautify.org/xmltojson</a> &nbsp;because I see a lot of fields coming across as blank that used to get populated from the XML (and I've tried this with xml files I had successfully imported previously and can see the same behaviour).
James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Notavi said: Is anyone else having trouble with the HeroLab import workflow (HL -&gt; XML -&gt; JSON)? I'm finding it's suddenly not working, with the error "Cannot read property 'substr' of undefined" showing up. My guess is that something has changed in&nbsp; <a href="https://codebeautify.org/xmltojson" rel="nofollow">https://codebeautify.org/xmltojson</a> &nbsp;because I see a lot of fields coming across as blank that used to get populated from the XML (and I've tried this with xml files I had successfully imported previously and can see the same behaviour). I recommend trying&nbsp; Leigh M.'s&nbsp; Hero Lab Pathfinder Exporter plug-in &nbsp;to export directly as JSON. Last I heard it crashed the Mac OS version of Hero Lab, but I haven't heard anything about it having problems with the Windows version.

Edited 1610995509
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I just updated the instructions for the hl import on the wiki, and the sheet(today's pulls).&nbsp; Seems the beutify json site was causing the issue.&nbsp; Try using&nbsp; <a href="https://www.convertjson.com/xml-to-json.htm" rel="nofollow">https://www.convertjson.com/xml-to-json.htm</a> instead. wiki info:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Community_Sheet#HeroLab_Character_import" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Community_Sheet#HeroLab_Character_import</a>
∇ince said: The DM said: Hi there, one of my players checked the box display advanced roll-time macro fields and tried many times to refresh the sheet, but the option doesn't appear. Did she do something wrong? P.S we tried to delete the character sheet and do a new one and it still doesn't work. Hi The DM, That's odd...&nbsp; Just to verify; if they check the show "display advanced roll-time macro fields" from settings|sheet configuration|advanced, does the "All Attacks Macros" under the Attacks Tab|Extra Damage or Attack Modifiers sub-section NOT display? &nbsp; Chrome or FF, not some other browser?&nbsp; Sheet is in edit mode, correct? Thanks Hello again, The "All Attacks Macros" section does display.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@The DM, Thanks for the reply.&nbsp; The All Attacks Macros will only show when&nbsp;"display advanced roll-time macro fields" is enabled from settings, so it looks like the sheet is at least recognizing the option...&nbsp; Is she not seeing the additional "add-to-roll" section under repeating attacks? Sorry, just trying to verify the exact problem. Thanks
∇ince said: I just updated the instructions for the hl import on the wiki, and the sheet(today's pulls).&nbsp; Seems the beutify json site was causing the issue.&nbsp; Try using&nbsp; <a href="https://www.convertjson.com/xml-to-json.htm" rel="nofollow">https://www.convertjson.com/xml-to-json.htm</a> instead. wiki info:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Community_Sheet#HeroLab_Character_import" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Community_Sheet#HeroLab_Character_import</a> Most of my players are getting errors when trying to load the converted JSON Hero Lab Character file, has any changes been made to the sheet affecting the import? Conversion of XML to JSON done using&nbsp; (convertjson.com) and (codebeautify.org). Is there a way to change to a previous version of the Character Sheet to see if the issue is sheet based? Cheers, Chris
Hello, I've been trying to make it where the bars over token's heads (what is normally HP) is being used to track some ability uses and their maximiums, (@{repeating_ability_-mquefep2svxmmbhocxk_used} and @{repeating_ability_-mquefep2svxmmbhocxk_usedlmax} etc.) but they just don't work. I tried to circumvent this by having values of " 3+@{Int-Mod}" etc. and just have it emulate it, but for some reason when placing things like "3+@{Int-Mod}" into the Attributes and Abilities tab they just don't update whenever their relevant stat updates (e.g. if intelligence changes, the bar attribute and abilities tab doesn't reflect that). Is there a better way to handle this?
d100GM said: ∇ince said: I just updated the instructions for the hl import on the wiki, and the sheet(today's pulls).&nbsp; Seems the beutify json site was causing the issue.&nbsp; Try using&nbsp; <a href="https://www.convertjson.com/xml-to-json.htm" rel="nofollow">https://www.convertjson.com/xml-to-json.htm</a> instead. wiki info:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Community_Sheet#HeroLab_Character_import" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Community_Sheet#HeroLab_Character_import</a> Most of my players are getting errors when trying to load the converted JSON Hero Lab Character file, has any changes been made to the sheet affecting the import? Conversion of XML to JSON done using&nbsp; (convertjson.com) and (codebeautify.org). Is there a way to change to a previous version of the Character Sheet to see if the issue is sheet based? UPDATE: It is only affecting characters that have animal companions (the animal companions load normally with (convertjson.com) ).

Edited 1611372205
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
d100GM said: ∇ince said: I just updated the instructions for the hl import on the wiki, and the sheet(today's pulls).&nbsp; Seems the beutify json site was causing the issue.&nbsp; Try using&nbsp; <a href="https://www.convertjson.com/xml-to-json.htm" rel="nofollow">https://www.convertjson.com/xml-to-json.htm</a> instead. wiki info:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Community_Sheet#HeroLab_Character_import" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Community_Sheet#HeroLab_Character_import</a> Most of my players are getting errors when trying to load the converted JSON Hero Lab Character file, has any changes been made to the sheet affecting the import? Conversion of XML to JSON done using&nbsp; (convertjson.com) and (codebeautify.org). Is there a way to change to a previous version of the Character Sheet to see if the issue is sheet based? Cheers, Chris There hasn't been any sheet changes. There were at least some characters that were getting errors using the beautify xml to json method but it appeared that using the convertjson site was working.&nbsp; I simply updated the directions.&nbsp; It appears that "something" has changed.&nbsp; Possibly something in HL since the sheet hasn't changed...&nbsp; Have you tried using the plug-in method given in the wiki?&nbsp; It appears that the plug-in is working while the manual conversion still gives an error.&nbsp; I've been given some xml characters that are throwing errors in the hopes finding the source of the error, but I haven't found anything so far... ;-(
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
d100GM said: d100GM said: ∇ince said: I just updated the instructions for the hl import on the wiki, and the sheet(today's pulls).&nbsp; Seems the beutify json site was causing the issue.&nbsp; Try using&nbsp; <a href="https://www.convertjson.com/xml-to-json.htm" rel="nofollow">https://www.convertjson.com/xml-to-json.htm</a> instead. wiki info:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Community_Sheet#HeroLab_Character_import" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Community_Sheet#HeroLab_Character_import</a> Most of my players are getting errors when trying to load the converted JSON Hero Lab Character file, has any changes been made to the sheet affecting the import? Conversion of XML to JSON done using&nbsp; (convertjson.com) and (codebeautify.org). Is there a way to change to a previous version of the Character Sheet to see if the issue is sheet based? UPDATE: It is only affecting characters that have animal companions (the animal companions load normally with (convertjson.com) ). Interesting.&nbsp; I'll have to check later. (in-game currently)
∇ince said: d100GM said: ∇ince said: I just updated the instructions for the hl import on the wiki, and the sheet(today's pulls).&nbsp; Seems the beutify json site was causing the issue.&nbsp; Try using&nbsp; <a href="https://www.convertjson.com/xml-to-json.htm" rel="nofollow">https://www.convertjson.com/xml-to-json.htm</a> instead. wiki info:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Community_Sheet#HeroLab_Character_import" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Community_Sheet#HeroLab_Character_import</a> Most of my players are getting errors when trying to load the converted JSON Hero Lab Character file, has any changes been made to the sheet affecting the import? Conversion of XML to JSON done using&nbsp; (convertjson.com) and (codebeautify.org). Is there a way to change to a previous version of the Character Sheet to see if the issue is sheet based? Cheers, Chris There hasn't been any sheet changes. There were at least some characters that were getting errors using the beautify xml to json method but it appeared that using the convertjson site was working.&nbsp; I simply updated the directions.&nbsp; It appears that "something" has changed.&nbsp; Possibly something in HL since the sheet hasn't changed...&nbsp; Have you tried using the plug-in method given in the wiki?&nbsp; It appears that the plug-in is working while the manual conversion still gives an error.&nbsp; I've been given some xml characters that are throwing errors in the hopes finding the source of the error, but I haven't found anything so far... ;-( Just tried the plug-in and that worked :-)

Edited 1611432262
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Matoka said: Hello, I've been trying to make it where the bars over token's heads (what is normally HP) is being used to track some ability uses and their maximiums, (@{repeating_ability_-mquefep2svxmmbhocxk_used} and @{repeating_ability_-mquefep2svxmmbhocxk_usedlmax} etc.) but they just don't work. I tried to circumvent this by having values of " 3+@{Int-Mod}" etc. and just have it emulate it, but for some reason when placing things like "3+@{Int-Mod}" into the Attributes and Abilities tab they just don't update whenever their relevant stat updates (e.g. if intelligence changes, the bar attribute and abilities tab doesn't reflect that). Is there a better way to handle this? Repeating attributes, as well as similarly hidden attributes, do not show up in the token bar's attribute selector list, so you won't be able to use them for token bars.&nbsp; You should be able use the custom tab of the sheet though. Tie the custom attribute to the repeating ability ie&nbsp;@{repeating_ability_-kilsw28i1l3qbzm6ipi_used|max}, then link the appropriate custom attribute ie customa5-mod, to the token bar from attribute selector list.&nbsp; This won't adjust the freq/uses directly on the ability, but does all you to track using the token.

Edited 1611444575
∇ince said: Repeating attributes, as well as similarly hidden attributes, do not show up in the token bar's attribute selector list, so you won't be able to use them for token bars.&nbsp; You should be able use the custom tab of the sheet though. Tie the custom attribute to the repeating ability ie&nbsp;@{repeating_ability_-kilsw28i1l3qbzm6ipi_used|max}, then link the appropriate custom attribute ie customa5-mod, to the token bar from attribute selector list.&nbsp; This won't adjust the freq/uses directly on the ability, but does all you to track using the token. I have done as you suggested, and I have created a custom attribute to represent diviner's fortune (referencing the class feature max uses as the upper limit) HOWEVER If I ever cause the value being reference in the custom attribute (the actual value which represents the max uses in the class features tab), e.g. by having Intelligence increase the changes are not reflected: In order to have it be reflected I must do a full sheet recalc every time. Custom attributes are not updating when their referenced values change (without a recalc) which is... not great, for some stuff (mainly things that change frequently, e.g. Polymorph characters). I am guessing that it SHOULD be reflecting changes in the value without a full recalc being needed every time? In the above screenshot I changed Diviner's Fortune to be 4+Int instead of 3+int (which changed the uses and uses max to 7 / 8 respectively, but the custom attribute (which is tied to the character's token) is still showing 6 / 7, and continues to do so until a full sheet recalc. EDIT: I have been able to circumvent the problem (this time) by re-defining the values (putting in 3+@{Int-Mod}) instead of referencing the uses max listed in the class feature sections, and that DOES update whenever a change occurs to Intelligence etc. But referencing other values directly does seem somewhat broken(?)

Edited 1611448381
Update: It was too good to be true Whenever I drag out my now set-up tokens, the green bar (custom attribute c5) and red bar (HP) work properly, but the blue bar (custom attribute c4) flickers briefly after being taken out and then disappears, causing the token to simply show the remaining uses left in the blue circle despite the token still referencing the modifier. However, whenever I drag out the same token again (the 2nd token), after making no edits to anything, the previous token (the 1st token) that existed on the board re-gains its blue bar fully (but the 2nd token never has the blue bar display properly): This continues to happen, whenever a new token is taken out the previous one realises it's meant to have a blue bar and adjusts, but it's still kind of annoying. I have tried swapping the custom attributes to different bars (swapping green and blue bars' custom attributes, but it is always the blue bar that acts up, not the green one.), and if I set it to a different custom attribute (i set up custom attribute c6 and tried using that instead of 4 or 5, but had the same problem occur). This one definitely seems like unintended behaviour, although I don't know if it's the problem of roll20 in general, or because of this sheet. Edit: I got it to actually factually work now? By changing the blue bar to be customa6-mod it now works properly. this whole thing was cursed. There's definitely weird interactions in here for sure.

Edited 1611822054
Greetings and well met. First and foremost, thanks for the great sheet. This has made my gaming life SO much easier and enjoyable. Y'all are awesome! All the documentation and wiki stuff is great and has gotten me a good way into the basics of the sheet. I'm tripping up on getting Insert Macros and Global Attack/Dam macros to work with iterative attacks. For instance, I throw a Power Attack macro into the Atk and Dam insert macros; it works for the primary attack, but not for the iterative. What am I missing. I'm guessing I have to edit the iterative attack macro, but I can't find what needs to be changed. Another quick one... When using the Insert Macros, can one have more than one macro? Say, Point Blank and Deadly Aim? Is there a way to have multiple queries or do I have to break them out into different places? Thank you very much for any help you can offer.