Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Pathfinder Sheet Thread 6

James W.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm doubting the official sheet will include condition tracking or buffs (the official 5e sheet does neither), it certainly won't have Hero Lab importing, and frankly I think the templates in the Neceros sheet look way better than what I've seen in the screenshots that have been released.

Edited 1519876179
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
You guys are great. I think you have made an an exceptional sheet. It might be a good idea to contact Paizo and let them know what you have done. I know, that probably will not matter to them but at least you tried. To be honest I cannot imagine them doing a better job that sheet offers so much. One of the most important to me is the is the Hero Lab importing - plus all the work I did making macros. I hope other users of the your sheet will message them as well.
They need to get support for more than one character sheet. Maybe it's part of the update.

Edited 1519846947
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
i have been working less and less on the sheet. we have a big list of bugs to fix. Vince has been doing a ton, but I have not  My time is freeing up finally so i can devote more time, but even then it won't be like before. I have .. other priorities .. in life I realized have to come before my hobbies ..  I think after the current bugs and the few easy features we added (some misc skills for consolidated skills) I'd like to improve the performance.* that is the worst part of the sheet right now. Even I can barely stand it! Roll20 has implemented some performance improvements over the past year and we've not even been able to take advantage of them yet. but yeah, a nice clean sheet ...  i'd love to be able to dump all the old spell lists and crap but every month or two I see someone ask about why their campaign is screwey after not logging in for a year. * how many times have I said that?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Maybe see if Roll20 would allow you to release a separate Pathfinder 2.0 sheet? That way current campaigns won't be screwed up, but we can move on from the issues with the current sheet.
Not sure what wrong or if I'm doing something wrong. But it's not auto-populating the base saves. I've tried re-entering the class multiple times, and I've recalculated a few times. Any ideas? Are we doing something wrong? Or have I found a bug?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You must enter the base saves under the core tab in the details for the class.
For some reason I have to set my crit multiplier 1 higher than it actually is in order to roll crits properly. I have a scythe size M, for instance, and I have to set my multiplier to 5 rather than 4 in order to roll 8d4 on a crit.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Art, The crit damage that is rolled is supposed to be in addition to your normal damage, so your crit damage (the extra damage from a crit) should be 6d4. The sheet does it this way because of all the things in pathfinder that are immune to criticals/precision damage so that your gm can easily parse the results if the thing you struck was one of those.
Hi Folks, I am new to Roll20 and new to this character sheet. I have the Pathfinder Companion Script enabled, and thanks to to Scott C., I have figured a few things out. I like this token action bar, but if there a way to create a button that gives a choice of conditions to apply, without having to open the character sheet? So that you could select a token, hit a button, and have a choice of like sickened, blind, or prone? If there is, might there be a way to do that with buffs as well? I suspect you have to set them up in the character sheet, but once that is done, is there a way to speed up turning them on and off?

Edited 1520202814
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Check the  PFC script user's manual .  There's a useful macros section you might find interesting. not sure about buffs..., but here's a Conditions example(you might be able to use "swap" after the condition name to toggle the condition); Conditions !pfc --apply,condition=?{Select a Condition|Blind|Entangled|Invisible|Cowering|Fear|Pinned|Dazzled|Flat-Footed|Prone|Deafened|Grappled|Sickened|Helpless|Stunned|Fatigued|Energy Drain,drain ?{Add how much energy drain}}
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
There is also the  statuscontrol command .
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Scott C. said: There is also the  statuscontrol command . I like that much better than a macro. ;-)
Hi Folks, The StatusControl Command worked great! I'm trying to play with other commands from the manual. Like doing some turn tracking. When I provide this command:   !pfc --apply,condition=ConditionName,rounds=#|characterid| I expected it to create a dropdown box for me to specify a condition and then ask me a number of rounds. Because no character id was provided, I assumed that it would work on the token selected. But nothing happened. If I leave off |characterid| then nothing happens. If I specify a number of rounds, nothing happens. If I give a ConditionName like Bleeding, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
Bug report: When I tried this command (with a token selected) :   !pfc --apply,buff=BuffName,rounds=# I received this error: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined at applyConditions (apiscript.js:1348:56)
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Jim. The example commands are generic. the buffName/conditionName must be replaced with the name of a buff/condition. The error you received is because there was no buff named buffName. It is possible to use drop downs with these, however, they must be typed into the command as roll queries.
I tried the new PF sheet and it's nice in its simplicity, but given the vast array of options that PF (well, PF 1.0) has for both player characters and NPCs/monsters, the community sheet is significantly better with the vast amount of customization you can do with it.  Is it a little slow?  Yes, sometimes it is, especially with spells attached, but there are a few options to handle that without trying to tinker with the sheets. And given that PF 2.0 is due this year (summer, right?), I have my doubts that they will do much more customization with the current official PF sheet, although I think the last PF 1.0 content being made is slated for sometime in 2019.  And while I will eventually give PF 2.0 a try, I honestly do have enough PF content to last me and my gaming group a couple more decades so we are o.k. with sticking to the PF 1.0 version (might crib from 2.0 if they have a really good idea that fits with 1.0 mechanically).  So basically, I am saying, keep updating/improving this community sheet as long as you guys want to, and I will continue to use it.  Heck, even after you guys stop updating/improving it, I will still keep using it.  So long as it doesn't, you know, crash.  ;) Cheers! CB

Edited 1520438730
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I wish the PF community sheet were faster. even I can't stand it sometimes. but .. we'll be working on that i guess..   the funny thing is, making it fast to use for one sheet can be slow for the campaign with many sheets. so it can be a tradeoff. The autocalc system (using the macro language) is super fast, but the whole campaign slows down if you have a hundred characters and monsters saved. The javascript system is slower on a per-sheet basis, but it is not running simultaneously on all those closed sheets. Before javascript I could barely run my campaign. The only annoying thing is I spent months on parsing the compendium with all its mess and invalid entries, and now they are going and fixing it! :) 
chris b. said: I wish the PF community sheet were faster. even I can't stand it sometimes. but .. we'll be working on that i guess..   the funny thing is, making it fast to use for one sheet can be slow for the campaign with many sheets. so it can be a tradeoff. The autocalc system (using the macro language) is super fast, but the whole campaign slows down if you have a hundred characters and monsters saved. The javascript system is slower on a per-sheet basis, but it is not running simultaneously on all those closed sheets. Before javascript I could barely run my campaign. The only annoying thing is I spent months on parsing the compendium with all its mess and invalid entries, and now they are going and fixing it! :)  Honestly, with the lag caused by having spells (especially a lot of spells), I started requesting my players to keep their pcs' spells/spellbooks saved on a different document (like a spreadsheet or a word document, whatever they like) and I'll keep those saved on a shared Google Drive for them, allowing for fairly easy access whenever they like. And I did notice that the more character sheets I have on the campaign (and I have a ridiculous amount), the slower everything gets.  However, I started cutting those down by archiving handouts and sheets I no longer need (I will eventually make pdf copies of the handouts and keep those on a shared Google Drive for the group).  It definitely helped some in the loading times.
I think support for more than one character sheet would really be nice. It's a feature that all types of games not just Pathfinder would benefit from. I myself love this sheet but some people like a simpler sheet.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I wouldn't get my hopes up for multiple sheet support. While it seems like a simple ask on the surface, it is actually highly complicated since each sheet has it's own attribute naming convention, and even different attribute requirements depending on how it is coded to calculate things. Having multi sheet support would pretty much invalidate the ability to make global macros.
I didn't suggest it would be simple but I wouldn't expect global macros to be the big problem. I expect the hard coded assumptions / magic numbers in the underlying code base would be the real horde of dragons. Same reason adding more layers isn't simple when it should be.
Hi, so just noticed an issue with the buffs on the sheet, it seems to be adding bonuses to all skills twice, once in the base bonus, and once more at roll time.

Edited 1520800683
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Dresmyr said: Hi, so just noticed an issue with the buffs on the sheet, it seems to be adding bonuses to all skills twice, once in the base bonus, and once more at roll time. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet</a>... Creating a buff that uses the "Ability & Skill" bonus does not adjust Initiative. Workaround: use "Ability Checks" and/or "Init". Thanks Dresmyr.&nbsp; I think this is related to a known bug and is on the our list to be fixed.&nbsp; As a workaround, you can try the recalc button to force an autocalc on skills. (worked for me...) Still doesn't help with initiative though. EDIT/update: this is fixed in beta

Edited 1521020771
Hi there, two bugs to report: First, for some reason the Dual Wield function seems to append the roll code of a given iterative attack to the name &nbsp;of that iterative attack. I'm fairly certain it's the Dual Wield function that's causing it, because if I remove the roll code, it reappears as soon as anything changes with the base attacks, or the sheet recalculates. It ends up looking like this: The roll code looks like this: [[@{repeating_weapon_-kq0zll2ov1nk4sll167_total-attack} - 0 - 0]] and this:&nbsp;[[ @{repeating_weapon_-kq0r7sn991cjlyllelq_total-attack} - 5 - 0 ]] The other bug is more inexplicable. I use an enlarge person buff - +4 str, -2 dex, +2 con, +1 size. The stats seem to work correctly, but the damage dice on my attacks intermittently get very weird. It looks like this pre-buff activation: Sometimes the buff will adjust the damage dice correctly (including right now, annoyingly), but sometimes the sheet will change the attacks' regular &nbsp;damage die to some increased amount - including the ranged attacks, which are not set to 'Use Size'. So the greatsword base damage die will become 3d6, and the buffed damage die 4d6 - and when the buff is removed, the base damage die remain 3d6. The longbow and chakram will often go from 1d8 base die to 4d6 base die, and the horn attacks will go from 1d4 to 1d8. Sometimes only the ranged attacks are affected. I think &nbsp;there's some correlation between Roll20/the Character Sheet lagging and this bug occurring, but I can't be sure. I'll update when I can get a screenshot of the buff malfunctioning.

Edited 1521008979
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The inline roll appended to the iterative names on dual wield attacks are intentional.&nbsp; It's included to show the adjusted attack total in the roll template next to each attack.&nbsp; We're aware there are issues with the damage dice and size.&nbsp; It's something that is still being being worked on and we should have a fix soon.&nbsp; Apologies.
Ok, thanks, that's good to know. That said, getting rid of that extra number is the entire reason I've been trying to stop the inline roll from being added. I find it just clutters and confuses the output box - honestly, I really hate it. Could you possibly make it optional, at least?

Edited 1521041569
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Duncan R. said: Hi there, two bugs to report: First, for some reason the Dual Wield function seems to append the roll code of a given iterative attack to the name &nbsp;of that iterative attack. I'm fairly certain it's the Dual Wield function that's causing it, because if I remove the roll code, it reappears as soon as anything changes with the base attacks, or the sheet recalculates. ... Duncan R. said: Ok, thanks, that's good to know. That said, getting rid of that extra number is the entire reason I've been trying to stop the inline roll from being added. I find it just clutters and confuses the output box - honestly, I really hate it. Could you possibly make it optional, at least? You should be able to rename any of the name fields (ie delete the inline total attack modifier) on the dual wield-generated attacks and it should stick unless you use the "Update" button from Dual Wield again...&nbsp; Editing the base attacks that the dual wield attack is based on "shouldn't" regenerate those name fields.&nbsp; Are you seeing soemthing different?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Because of how the chat parsing works, we can't make it unbolded such as (+3) but we have to use [[]] in order for it to calculate the total.&nbsp; It's really so users can be assured it is correct instead of trying to figure it out, since the bonus when you hover over the roll can get crazy with so many bonuses.&nbsp;

Edited 1521151352
Vince said: You should be able to rename any of the name fields (ie delete the inline total attack modifier) on the dual wield-generated attacks and it should stick unless you use the "Update" button from Dual Wield again...&nbsp; Editing the base attacks that the dual wield attack is based on "shouldn't" regenerate those name fields.&nbsp; Are you seeing something different? Alright, did a little testing to confirm. Turns out you're correct, editing the base attacks won't regenerate the name fields. It seems like what's happening is that every time the sheet recalculates, it runs the "Update" part of Dual Wield, regenerating the name fields. I did find that my full attacks will correctly update on changes to the base attacks, without regenerating the name field. Could you make it so that the Update Dual Wield function doesn't run when the sheet recalculates? I think that would basically solve the problem. I don't think there's any practical need for the recalc to run that function anyways - if 2-weapon attack penalties change, or further off-hand attacks are gained, that has to be manually inputted anyways. Also, I don't know if it's any help, but I managed to get a shot of the damage die changing incorrectly during an enlarge person buff. After I reset the damage dice once, subsequent enablings of the buff worked fine. Because why be consistent, clearly. All 4d6s here should actually be 1d8s. Edit: One other question: what does the MH in "Extra full BAB MH attack" stand for?

Edited 1521152302
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
MH (main hand) OH(off hand) The recalc button should only be needed if the sheet has stopped functioning(not calculating).&nbsp; The dual wield function is included because it's impossible to know which part of the sheet is having the issue.&nbsp; Are you seeing the dual-wield update happening when other calcs on the sheet fire, besides the recalc button?&nbsp; I'll see if we can remove the dual-wield update from the recalc routine.
Vince said: MH (main hand) OH(off hand) The recalc button should only be needed if the sheet has stopped functioning(not calculating).&nbsp; The dual wield function is included because it's impossible to know which part of the sheet is having the issue.&nbsp; Are you seeing the dual-wield update happening when other calcs on the sheet fire, besides the recalc button?&nbsp; I'll see if we can remove the dual-wield update from the recalc routine. Much appreciated. And I don't think &nbsp;I'm seeing it on other calcs? Depending on what you mean. Enabling/Disabling buffs doesn't seem to trigger the Update, anyways.
I noticed that the INT bonus isn't being added to the max skill ranks only class ranks.

Edited 1521519501
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Clint said: I noticed that the INT bonus isn't being added to the max skill ranks only class ranks. got back late last night from camping...&nbsp; I'l have a look tonight.&nbsp; Anyone else seeing this?&nbsp; thanks EDIT: I can't replicate.&nbsp; Is this happening on only one character? Does the recalc button have any effect?
Vince said: Clint said: I noticed that the INT bonus isn't being added to the max skill ranks only class ranks. got back late last night from camping...&nbsp; I'l have a look tonight.&nbsp; Anyone else seeing this?&nbsp; thanks EDIT: I can't replicate.&nbsp; Is this happening on only one character? Does the recalc button have any effect? Don't know what happened but it seems to be adding it now. Before it was happening on all characters but now it's adding it correctly. Thou I recently deleted a few pages with a high res maps since the campaign was lagging. I guess it could of been that since it seems to working now. On a separate note, my players have been noticing the more spells they add the longer the sheet takes to load.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Clint The community pathfinder sheet may have more attributes than any other sheet on roll20. This can be attributed(pun intended) to the age of the sheet, (3+ years) as well as the sheer number of included and optional features.&nbsp; That said, every repeating item added to the sheet adds additional multiples of attributes.&nbsp; Spells are especially "attribute-heavy".&nbsp; It's commonly recommended that you only include the spells that you frequently need/use .&nbsp; With drag/drop from the compendium it's relatively easy to swap out spells as needed.&nbsp; Add additional spells at your own peril.
My players are currently running into a heavy issue of being unable to load into any roll20 campaign that involves this character sheet. We did a little debugging, curious as to why I was the only one not experiencing this issue and found out, that it seems to be related to their language settings. All of them have their roll20 language set to german, while I have it set to english. As soon as they change their language to english, they can load back into the game as normal.

Edited 1521648265
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
KitCat said: My players are currently running into a heavy issue of being unable to load into any roll20 campaign that involves this character sheet. We did a little debugging, curious as to why I was the only one not experiencing this issue and found out, that it seems to be related to their language settings. All of them have their roll20 language set to german, while I have it set to english. As soon as they change their language to english, they can load back into the game as normal. There was a recent translation done on the German language translation json.&nbsp; There are reports that users that have their roll20 language set to German are unable to load the sheet. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6200863/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6200863/</a> I've commented on the pull's made to the github repo and the Devs should be aware of the issue from the post to bugs.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I found an issue in the current de.json file (missing quotes around a key) "damage-macro-desc": Schadensmakro, The next PR <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... is without errors. So I believe this will be fixed with the next roll20 repo update.
Thanks a bunch!
So I am currently trying to get something to work on the sheet: As explained in the wiki page, I am trying to get the haste thing to work, but whenever I replace all "{{" with "?{Haste|No,|Yes,{{}" it just won't work. If I choose to not apply Haste attacks on the dropdown, the whole attack is not shown.

Edited 1522074067
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Jan-Niklas H. said: So I am currently trying to get something to work on the sheet: As explained in the wiki page, I am trying to get the haste thing to work, but whenever I replace all "{{" with "?{Haste|No,|Yes,{{}" it just won't work. If I choose to not apply Haste attacks on the dropdown, the whole attack is not shown. Sounds like you are doing it correctly since haste will give the extra attack.&nbsp; However, make sure you are making the substitutions on the last iterative, hopefully one that you aren't using already.&nbsp; That way modifying the sheet for haste will not effect your regular attacks when toggled.&nbsp;
So on the character sheet for the Rage (Unchained) buff. It gives 2+(floor((@{level}-1)/10)) on the buff for melee attack, melee damage, and will saves. I was wondering why because&nbsp;a barbarian gains a +2 bonus on melee attack rolls, melee damage rolls, thrown weapon damage rolls, and Will&nbsp;saving throws. In addition, she takes a –2 penalty to Armor Class. She also gains 2 temporary hit points&nbsp;per Hit Dice.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
2+ (floor((@{level}-1)/10)) &nbsp;handles the bump for Greater Rage and&nbsp;Mighty Rage
But the&nbsp;(floor((@{level}-1)/10)) when put on a level 1 character, bumped the melee attack, and damage up to +4&nbsp;

Edited 1522127105
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You must have some racial hd enabled or something, cause that formula can't resolve to 4 until level 21. ah see Vince's reply below.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Laurence said: But the&nbsp;(floor((@{level}-1)/10)) when put on a level 1 character, bumped the melee attack, and damage up to +4&nbsp; Try a recalc or manually remove the extra outer parenthesis.&nbsp; ie 2+floor((@{level}-1)/10) I noticed the same thing and I've made a bug report on it.&nbsp; For some reason&nbsp;(floor((@{level}-1)/10)) and&nbsp;floor((@{level}-1)/10) should be equivalent.&nbsp; You can test the two macros in chat; [[(floor((@{selected|level}-1)/10))]] [[floor((@{selected|level}-1)/10)]] The sheet's&nbsp;auto-calc messes it up unless you recalc.&nbsp; We'll get that part fixed.&nbsp;
Awesome, cool thank you. The recalc did fix it. Hope it gets fixed soon. :D
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The new update went in this week, the big fix was the damage dice by size, it is finally fixed! Hooray! Also dragging items from the compendium works again. The exact fixes are on the top of the sheet when you open it. Most fixes by Vince I really only fixed the damage dice. But my huge work project is done, I can actually look at the sheet more, there is a big backlog of bugs and just trying to speed up the sheet in general.